20343 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafetorre.net/
- Phone: 4082572383
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jaime Cardiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Torre can accommodate 8 - 10 people or more. Please call the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Torre 4082572383
A word from Cafe Torre
Cafe Torre is a charming Italian neighborhood bistro featuring an international wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cafe Torre - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Cafe Torre reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (13)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Disappointed this TimeSpikermikeVIPDined on 10/3/2014Had lamb a few weeks ago and was very good. Also enjoyed the appetizers and salad. Came back for duck and it was dry and tasteless. Very overcooked and almost like rubber. It was served with what looked like breakfast potatoes out of the frozen food section. Also had a red wine and the wine glasses were small and not traditional Bordeaux or cabernet glasses. The last time we had the larger and proper wine glasses. Very inconsistent across the board which makes it questionable whether to go back again.Special Features:
- Delicious cuisineIrishlassieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Cafe Torre is Zagat rated for a reason. Their food is always delicious and served with the perfectly paired wines they have in stock. The spaghetti puttanesca was perfect, the seafood pasta amazing. The waiter helped select the wines to go with our dishes which made the meal even more delightful. The restaurant is very unassuming, but not to be missed. We will be back - didn't have time for the dessert!Special Features:
- MusselsChefrjVIPDined on 9/26/2014I've dined twice now and the food is mediocre. I will say that the mussels were good but could be better.
- Perfect for your business lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2014Nice quiet and quality restaurant for a business lunch. Excellent service.Special Features:
- SfvisitorVIPDined on 9/12/2014WE have dined here before many times and it was always adequate. We ordered the pasta special but by 8 pm they had ran out. The waiter suggested we try a fettucine with prawns dish. We specifically asked for light on the oil. The service was very slow given that the restaurant was only half full. The pasta was extremely over cooked and felt like mash potatoes, the prawns seemed old as they had an ammonia taste, and the dish was swimming in oil. At this point we ate about 1/4 of the dish and left it. They never asked if we liked it or not. The calamari appetizer was good and between that and the bread we were satisfied. I am not sure f their chef had changed as previously the food was OK. For an Italian restaurant there were no veal dishes.Special Features:
- Not recommend!ChefrjVIPDined on 9/5/2014My dish was acceptable, the wine and my wife's dish was seriously lacking. I wanted a robust Chardonnay to go with the smoked chicken linguini I ordered and asked for a recommendation. The waiter poured my wife a full glass without letting me taste it first. A good indication it lacked everything a $50 bottle of wine should be. The linguini was okay but my wife's clam dish missed the mark, the clams being passed their prime. Chef rj.
- Great service, excellent entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Not sure why I don't come here more often (something I plan to remedy) but this place has excellent Italian/Mediterranean food. I had the smoked chicken pasta. The smoked chicken was tender and the smoke flavor very subtle. Despite being in a cream sauce it still felt very light. The arugula salad had just the right amount of salty/peppery goodness. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgable about the wines they serve. He was very well versed in both the wine and menu options. I had a great time as did my companions. Cafe Torre has now made it on my list of "go to" restaurants!!!Special Features:
- Took a friend out to dinnerselectivedinerDined on 8/20/2014Have been going to Cafe Torre for years. Always great service and food. It is a neighborhood gem. Ordered beet carpaccio salad with goat cheese. It was great. The shrimp pasta special was also well seasoned, although the large shrimp were a little overcooked, but quite edible. We stayed until almost closing, they were very gracious, and didn't rush us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodTuxedoVIPDined on 8/19/2014I had not visited in 10 years and it was still very good.Special Features:
- Favorite in the South BayFrankBullitt1968Dined on 8/16/2014There may be more expensive, better publicized restaurants in the South Bay but Café Torre is consistently excellent. While their menu is not all encompassing, what they make stands up to any other restaurant in the area. Don't let their location fool you (a strip center at Stevens Creek Blvd. & DeAnza), dining there is a wonderful experience. Nice place for intimate Birthdays, Anniversaries or smaller celebrations. Not a place to take smaller (< 10 years old) children - no kids menu, extensive wine list. If you want over-rated national chains, go to Santana Row. If you want a nice, locally owned, neighborhood restaurant, go to Café Torre.Special Features:
- RobFVIPDined on 7/12/2014As usual, great dinner out. This is our go-to restaurant along with using Open table to grab a table, even last minute on a Saturday night. If you've never tried it, the homemade lasagne is my favorite. Wine selection is great too.Special Features:
- The following 501 reviews are from the Cafe Torre reviews archive.
- Perfect for evening with friendslilanaVIPDined on 6/9/2014My friends and I love getting together here......very good food, excellent service, light, airy space, and easy parking. No hassle, no attitude. Just a warm, welcoming place with professional, unobtrusive service.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTNanzDined on 5/29/2014DELICIOUS FOOD AND FRIENDLY STAFF AND OWNERS. WE KEEP COMING BACK BECAUSE IT IS CONSTANT, CLEAN, DELICIOUS AND WELCOMING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/28/2014From the scallops to the linguine and clams to the puttanesca, everything was phenomenal! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Neighborhood faveFoodie4VIPDined on 5/22/2014Been here many times. Pastas are always good. Not enough waitstaff at busy times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014We have dined at Cafe Torre for years. Tomato bisque and salmon were excellent on our last visit. Presided over by long term wait staff that are consistently professional, friendly, efficient and without any overbearing attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly ServiceBusterDined on 5/17/2014Went to dinner, and the short, older waiter asked us if we were ready to order 2 minutes after getting menus, never came by our table and asked us about our food and never looked at me directly. Maybe bad day, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Business LunchGigiSanJoseDined on 5/15/2014I have been taking clients there for years. Very happy with their food and services. For people who have been living/working in Cupertino for years, they were surprised that they never noticed the place until I took them there.Special Features:
- nice neighborhood restaurantMikeCVIPDined on 5/13/2014Our waiter was a little forgetful but therwise thus was a good dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicecurryqDined on 5/11/2014Good food, great service, and it really does have a "casual-elegant" atmosphere.
- Disappointing ...JimInSunnyvaleDined on 5/9/2014When I made the reservation, I mentioned it was for a 45th anniversary celebration. When we got there, the restaurant was only about 1/2 full and we were seated without anyone checking our reservation (I mentioned it though). The fool was OK; my pork tenderloin was dry. The service was very rushed. We were not asked if we wanted dessert or coffee, and nobody mentioned our anniversary. And when my wife complained about sediment in her wine, the waiter pretty much told her, "well that's the way it is." After some further discussion, he did give us credit for one of the glasses we purchased. We've been to Café Torre before and enjoyed it (otherwise, we wouldn't have chosen it for an anniversary dinner). But I don't think we'll go back.
- Torre lets us downWineandDineDined on 5/7/2014Indifferent service . Food was average . We specifically requested a quite spot. When making the reservations. We were put in the middle and next to two noisy tables. We had a had time hearing each other .Special Features:
- Mixed experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014We enjoy Cafe Torre for the food, the cozy ambience and the proximity to our home and have been there several times. The one negative is that we are usually seated toward the back where there is the same waiter who consistently lessens the enjoyment of the experience. He is always brusque and not very helpful; on our last visit he bordered on rudeness, giving curt responses to our questions, walking away from us as we were ordering the wine, clearly not interested in our table. Was it perhaps that we were two females? That we were asking about wine by the glass instead of buying a bottle? That we going directly to an entree and skipping more lucrative additional courses? I don't know, but it will be a while before we return to Cafe Torre.
- Cafe Torre - Great FoodDaveMDined on 5/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner before seeing a show at the nearby Flint Center. Great food with good-sized portions, all at a reasonable pricesI would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfying foodvanillaDined on 4/26/2014My ahi-tuna salad was very good. The fish was smoked just right. The steamed clams and mussels weren't as fresh as we had hoped for, but there was a very generous portions--so much that we had to bag half of it home. The pasta dishes were tasty and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch BistroPerfectItalianBistroDined on 4/18/2014Café Torre was exactly what we were looking for. We needed to conduct a friendly, high-end lunch where the food would be great, and the ambiance comfortable and quiet enough to talk. Café Torre hit the mark on all accounts. I could see where this would be a nice place to take a date as well. It looks like they have an extensive wine list, although we didn't have wine with our business lunch.Special Features:
- revisiting an old favoritebrimanDined on 4/4/2014Venison was really nice Wines by the glass are hit and miss; I wish they would be more selective. If in doubt, consult the waiter, most of whom know the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe TorreeLJCDined on 3/28/2014We've been to Cafe Torre several times and have always had a good experience. Food is uniformly good quality. Waiters are efficient, knowledgeable, somewhat abrupt, though not in a way to turn you off. Even when crowded, the background noise level is quite comfortable. For the quality of food, etc, the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to try more menusMonAmieVIPDined on 3/26/2014It was great to see local wines in their wine list. Very few places do that in the Silicon Valley. Risotto was flavorful and al dente. I need to go back and try some pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Party of 4 for dinner. FoodReviewerNameVIPDined on 3/22/2014Party of 4 for dinner. Food was very good, sevice was very friendly, with one or two miscommunications. The hand-written bill at the end of the dinner is always impossible to figure out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemStoneDined on 3/18/2014this cafe is a special treat if you find yourself in cupertino. staff was very friendly and professional. venison tenderloin was yummy. there were several items on the menu that would bring me back to try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodchewmanVIPDined on 3/15/2014Once again we were quite pleased with the food and service at Café Torre. The calamari was cooked to perfection, i.e., crispiness and tenderness. Paella was great with a mixture of seafood, sausage and chicken. Pasta dishes were unique in that the sauces were different depending on what was ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!RobertVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was a terrific find. Small unassuming and in a strip mall, but first class all the way. Highly recommend this restaurant. We will certainly be back. Service was excellent and food superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Torre is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/19/2014Cafe Torre is consistently wonderful in all ways. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Consistent favoriteKathyDined on 2/17/2014This has been a consistent favorite of mine for over ten years. The food and service are superior. I've tried nearly all the dishes, and have never been disappointed. Much of the fabulous wine choices comes from local Santa Cruz Mountain wineries. The same two servers have worked there for as long as I can remember. We are treated like family. This is my go-to place for a guaranteed slightly upscale fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!smkleeDined on 2/15/2014Everything's delicious and it's our 'go-to' place for a 'special dinner out', when we want to treat ourselves and friends - close to home, here in Cupertino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not enough serversOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Great food. Not enough servers made their service a bit lacking.Special Features:
- Favorite find!!!ItaliangirlDined on 2/14/2014When our favorite restaurant closed in Los gatos, we found this one and it's one of our favorites! Great food every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014You would never expect to find a restaurant like Cafe Torre in a strip mall.Special Features:
- My wife and I have alwaysmangia2mangiaDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed our meals there whether it was just the 2 of us or with friends. We have not found anything on the menu that we haven't enjoyed. A must for us is always Calamari appetizer. On Valentines Day 2014 we both had the Calamari, we split a spinach salad and for the entrée we had the Pork Tenderloin, breaded, oven roasted, finished in Port rosemary demi-glaze sauce. All were, as they say in Italia.......DELIZIOSO!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.