20343 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafetorre.net/
- Phone: 4082572383
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jaime Cardiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Torre can accommodate 8 - 10 people or more. Please call the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Torre 4082572383
A word from Cafe Torre
Cafe Torre is a charming Italian neighborhood bistro featuring an international wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cafe Torre - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Cafe Torre reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (19)special occasion (18)great for lunch (14)romantic (12)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Favorite in the South BayFrankBullitt1968Dined on 8/16/2014There may be more expensive, better publicized restaurants in the South Bay but Café Torre is consistently excellent. While their menu is not all encompassing, what they make stands up to any other restaurant in the area. Don't let their location fool you (a strip center at Stevens Creek Blvd. & DeAnza), dining there is a wonderful experience. Nice place for intimate Birthdays, Anniversaries or smaller celebrations. Not a place to take smaller (< 10 years old) children - no kids menu, extensive wine list. If you want over-rated national chains, go to Santana Row. If you want a nice, locally owned, neighborhood restaurant, go to Café Torre.Special Features:
- RobFVIPDined on 7/12/2014As usual, great dinner out. This is our go-to restaurant along with using Open table to grab a table, even last minute on a Saturday night. If you've never tried it, the homemade lasagne is my favorite. Wine selection is great too.Special Features:
- Perfect for evening with friendslilanaVIPDined on 6/9/2014My friends and I love getting together here......very good food, excellent service, light, airy space, and easy parking. No hassle, no attitude. Just a warm, welcoming place with professional, unobtrusive service.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTNanzDined on 5/29/2014DELICIOUS FOOD AND FRIENDLY STAFF AND OWNERS. WE KEEP COMING BACK BECAUSE IT IS CONSTANT, CLEAN, DELICIOUS AND WELCOMING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/28/2014From the scallops to the linguine and clams to the puttanesca, everything was phenomenal! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Neighborhood faveFoodie4VIPDined on 5/22/2014Been here many times. Pastas are always good. Not enough waitstaff at busy times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014We have dined at Cafe Torre for years. Tomato bisque and salmon were excellent on our last visit. Presided over by long term wait staff that are consistently professional, friendly, efficient and without any overbearing attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly ServiceBusterDined on 5/17/2014Went to dinner, and the short, older waiter asked us if we were ready to order 2 minutes after getting menus, never came by our table and asked us about our food and never looked at me directly. Maybe bad day, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Business LunchGigiSanJoseDined on 5/15/2014I have been taking clients there for years. Very happy with their food and services. For people who have been living/working in Cupertino for years, they were surprised that they never noticed the place until I took them there.Special Features:
- nice neighborhood restaurantMikeCVIPDined on 5/13/2014Our waiter was a little forgetful but therwise thus was a good dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicecurryqDined on 5/11/2014Good food, great service, and it really does have a "casual-elegant" atmosphere.
- Disappointing ...JimInSunnyvaleDined on 5/9/2014When I made the reservation, I mentioned it was for a 45th anniversary celebration. When we got there, the restaurant was only about 1/2 full and we were seated without anyone checking our reservation (I mentioned it though). The fool was OK; my pork tenderloin was dry. The service was very rushed. We were not asked if we wanted dessert or coffee, and nobody mentioned our anniversary. And when my wife complained about sediment in her wine, the waiter pretty much told her, "well that's the way it is." After some further discussion, he did give us credit for one of the glasses we purchased. We've been to Café Torre before and enjoyed it (otherwise, we wouldn't have chosen it for an anniversary dinner). But I don't think we'll go back.
- Torre lets us downWineandDineDined on 5/7/2014Indifferent service . Food was average . We specifically requested a quite spot. When making the reservations. We were put in the middle and next to two noisy tables. We had a had time hearing each other .Special Features:
- Mixed experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014We enjoy Cafe Torre for the food, the cozy ambience and the proximity to our home and have been there several times. The one negative is that we are usually seated toward the back where there is the same waiter who consistently lessens the enjoyment of the experience. He is always brusque and not very helpful; on our last visit he bordered on rudeness, giving curt responses to our questions, walking away from us as we were ordering the wine, clearly not interested in our table. Was it perhaps that we were two females? That we were asking about wine by the glass instead of buying a bottle? That we going directly to an entree and skipping more lucrative additional courses? I don't know, but it will be a while before we return to Cafe Torre.
- Cafe Torre - Great FoodDaveMDined on 5/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner before seeing a show at the nearby Flint Center. Great food with good-sized portions, all at a reasonable pricesI would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfying foodvanillaDined on 4/26/2014My ahi-tuna salad was very good. The fish was smoked just right. The steamed clams and mussels weren't as fresh as we had hoped for, but there was a very generous portions--so much that we had to bag half of it home. The pasta dishes were tasty and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 487 reviews are from the Cafe Torre reviews archive.
- Perfect Lunch BistroPerfectItalianBistroDined on 4/18/2014Café Torre was exactly what we were looking for. We needed to conduct a friendly, high-end lunch where the food would be great, and the ambiance comfortable and quiet enough to talk. Café Torre hit the mark on all accounts. I could see where this would be a nice place to take a date as well. It looks like they have an extensive wine list, although we didn't have wine with our business lunch.Special Features:
- revisiting an old favoritebrimanDined on 4/4/2014Venison was really nice Wines by the glass are hit and miss; I wish they would be more selective. If in doubt, consult the waiter, most of whom know the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe TorreeLJCDined on 3/28/2014We've been to Cafe Torre several times and have always had a good experience. Food is uniformly good quality. Waiters are efficient, knowledgeable, somewhat abrupt, though not in a way to turn you off. Even when crowded, the background noise level is quite comfortable. For the quality of food, etc, the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to try more menusMonAmieVIPDined on 3/26/2014It was great to see local wines in their wine list. Very few places do that in the Silicon Valley. Risotto was flavorful and al dente. I need to go back and try some pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Party of 4 for dinner. FoodReviewerNameVIPDined on 3/22/2014Party of 4 for dinner. Food was very good, sevice was very friendly, with one or two miscommunications. The hand-written bill at the end of the dinner is always impossible to figure out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemStoneDined on 3/18/2014this cafe is a special treat if you find yourself in cupertino. staff was very friendly and professional. venison tenderloin was yummy. there were several items on the menu that would bring me back to try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodchewmanVIPDined on 3/15/2014Once again we were quite pleased with the food and service at Café Torre. The calamari was cooked to perfection, i.e., crispiness and tenderness. Paella was great with a mixture of seafood, sausage and chicken. Pasta dishes were unique in that the sauces were different depending on what was ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!RobertVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was a terrific find. Small unassuming and in a strip mall, but first class all the way. Highly recommend this restaurant. We will certainly be back. Service was excellent and food superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Torre is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/19/2014Cafe Torre is consistently wonderful in all ways. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Consistent favoriteKathyDined on 2/17/2014This has been a consistent favorite of mine for over ten years. The food and service are superior. I've tried nearly all the dishes, and have never been disappointed. Much of the fabulous wine choices comes from local Santa Cruz Mountain wineries. The same two servers have worked there for as long as I can remember. We are treated like family. This is my go-to place for a guaranteed slightly upscale fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!smkleeDined on 2/15/2014Everything's delicious and it's our 'go-to' place for a 'special dinner out', when we want to treat ourselves and friends - close to home, here in Cupertino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not enough serversOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Great food. Not enough servers made their service a bit lacking.Special Features:
- Favorite find!!!ItaliangirlDined on 2/14/2014When our favorite restaurant closed in Los gatos, we found this one and it's one of our favorites! Great food every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014You would never expect to find a restaurant like Cafe Torre in a strip mall.Special Features:
- My wife and I have alwaysmangia2mangiaDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed our meals there whether it was just the 2 of us or with friends. We have not found anything on the menu that we haven't enjoyed. A must for us is always Calamari appetizer. On Valentines Day 2014 we both had the Calamari, we split a spinach salad and for the entrée we had the Pork Tenderloin, breaded, oven roasted, finished in Port rosemary demi-glaze sauce. All were, as they say in Italia.......DELIZIOSO!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2014Great food here! The homemade lasagne is to die for.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningHawkDined on 2/8/2014Great place. The service is always professional and the food is delicious. I've been several times and I've never been disappointed.
- Good Solid Italian CookingRuthdawsDined on 2/7/2014What a pleasant respite for a rainy, traffic-jammed Friday evening of dining. Have eaten here three times now, and found it consistent in menu, service, food preparation, and comfort. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2014One would never think that there would be great Italian food at this restaurant that is hidden in a neighborhood strip mall. It was excellent - everyone loved their choices and the staff was attentive throughout the meal. Would definitely go to again.Special Features:
- Parking problemMidoriVIPDined on 2/5/2014I really enjoy eating at Cafe Torre and have eaten at your restaurant for roughly the last 15 years. The food and service is always excellent, however on this visit the parking was horrible. We circled the parking lot and found only one parking space. The rest if our party had to park around the corner and walk to the restaurant. They had mentioned the last time they came they had the same problem. I wanted to let you know so hopefully you can resolve this problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a diamond in the roughturboDined on 2/1/2014Rarely do you find a restaurant of this quality in a strip mall. If you have not tried it, you're missing out...a little pricey but not out of line for what you get!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Torre - a hidden jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/30/2014Café Torre is a small quaint restaurant hidden away - service and food are excellent! Great selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, great serviceKristinlaDined on 1/16/2014Cafe Torre consistently has very good food. Everyone at my table had been there before and it is becoming a "go to" restaurant for our regular gatherings. The waiter was ver attentive without being intrusive. I requested a few changes to the menu item I selected which we honored. We will all be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveJandKDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed our early dinner and the ambiance, found the staff very friendly and efficient, talked with fellow diners who had been there many times and heard lovely stories of consistent excellence there over many years. Food was delicious and it was the restaurant was decorated in a festive way...made for a lovely evening.Special Features: