28 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafetiramisu.com/
- Phone: 4154217044x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sundays: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pino Spinoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: All Reservations are confirmed for indoor dining. Because San Francisco Weather can & does change.
- Special Events: For our diners on New Year's Eve, we will be offering both a special set menu in addition to our normal menu.
- Cross Street: Kearny and Bush
- Public Transit: Montgomery Bart Station (Montgomery St & Market St), Muni, Cablecar on California Street. Walking distance from many hotels.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Options: Sutter - Stockton Garage located at 330 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA - Open Daily 24hours Street Parking after working hours
A word from Cafe Tiramisu
Cafe Tiramisu is an attractive, modest trattoria outfitted with stylized murals of Pompeii and other Roman ruins. Located in the heart of the financial district but you will feel like you are in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Tiramisu - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Cafe Tiramisu reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (26)special occasion (25)good for groups (24)romantic (23)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good food, great outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014The food was good, the calamari is a great starter. The fish dishes and pasta were delicious. Outdoor seating is great, as long as the fog stays out at sea. The wine list is outrageously expensive.Special Features:
- Charming Italian GemLegalmommyof2Dined on 8/17/2014Took me back to Italy with its great decor, charming service and traditional Italian fare. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian mealnutcrackerDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and the service/ambiance was exceptional. This is a real authentic Italian find (they've been here a long time-LOL). Big menu with lots of items....... moderately priced for SF. We had several appetizers (scallops, meatballs, bruchetta) - all very good. Five of us all had different entrees (sea bass, gnocchi, risotto, ravioli, spaghetti) - all excellent. Desserts were excellent (the Tiramisu was light and very good). Make reservations for an inside table - more private for conversation.Special Features:
- @TiramisuChowhoundVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always a favorite when we visit San Francisco. Food always is dependably delicious. Staff handled huge crowd deftly and with patience.Special Features:
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Dinner was delicious and he service was very good... I have been here before and my experience lived up to what I rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go back Bad Service.Food OKsunshinekacyDined on 8/9/2014We went back for the good waiter, we found out that he no longer works there, and the new waiter is bad. He is unhappy, and never asked to refill out drinks, just slam the plates on our table, and did not answer any questions we have.We get fast food service for the price we paid. And since the food is not as good as before either, we will not go back. For that price we can find better restaurant.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Our hotel recommended cafe tiramisu to us, it was a great find! Risotto was amazing, braised short rib ravioli awesome. Service was terrific. And our bruschetta was also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SETTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Reminds one of a bistro in Europe--Tucked away in an alley, on Belden place [off Kearney], ===The outdoor seating is the best--Really enjoyed the calamari, with potatoes and zucchini.---ALL items were delicious=== Outstanding help and service from staff!! --J.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing In Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Pino the Owner is the best, and recommends what we eat. He's never been wrong. Excellent experience in every way. Delicioso!Special Features:
- Good food, but...LJ2014Dined on 7/17/2014TThe hostess was friendly and served us a beverage as we waited for the rest of our party. The waiter however, was frosty and aloof. He was dressed VERY casually, so much so we wondered if he was just filling in for the night. We sat outdoors and had to endure cigarette smoke from diners (who seemed to be off duty employees from the French restaurant next door) who despite being asked to move a few feet away, repeatedly lit up just outside the entrance. The service was slow and inattentive, we had to hunt someone down to bring us a glass of water. I really wanted to like this place as I saw good reviews on Check Please. The lack of service and ambience underwhelmed our dining experience and therefore didn't match the prices they charged.
- Very disappointingMelanieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Has really been looking forward to trying this homey-looking Italian place on Belden Alley, but it disappointed on every level. Disinterested and very slow service. (Although there was one jolly waiter who seemed to be very attentive to regulars, our waiter was totally checked out.) Extremely noisy inside, and with tables so closely spaced, you will hear every word of neighboring conversations. Beer was warm (and waiter said there was nothing he could do about that), wine by the glass selections were poor. The food was perfectly good (very fresh burrata, homemade pasta, tasty veal), but nothing you can't get in North Beach or at other restaurants along the alley - and the service was so bad that it completely overshadowed the food.
- BobSDined on 7/13/2014Saw this on Check Please and thought we would try it but was not what we expected.
- Still one of the bestMonty44Dined on 7/12/2014It's been my pleasure to have dined at Cafe Tiramisu for over 20 years. In my opinion, it just gets better with time. We started with the squid ink risotto and scallops. A nice appetizer for 2. Risotto is done nicely and the scallops are melt in your mouth delicious. My wife had one of her favorites, short ribs. Even though Cafe Tiramisu's menu changes with what's in season, this has been a mainstay for a long time. And for good reason. Fork tender and rich, it's a wonderful dinner. I had the rack of lamb with lamb meatballs. Cooked to a nice medium-rare, they were heaven in every bite. The desserts are a point of pride here and one of the best values in the city is the sampler dessert tray. Please don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restuarantdmartinDined on 7/10/2014we loved the service and the food, will definitely go again !!!!!Special Features:
- Looking forward to going back...LoloCardingDined on 7/9/2014I'm a self-avowed Italophile... Love the country, people, food, language, culture - and you get a bit of all of that at Tiramisu. The food is comfortably good Italian, a few of the wait staff are Italian so you get that charming Italian background banter, and seating in the interior or outside in canopied Belden Alley is equally pleasant and smacks of a European trattoria/bistro experience. I've had two biz lunches there and am looking forward to going back for a lazy extended meal with a good Barbera.Special Features:
- Delicious but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2014The two dishes we had (pasta & risotto) with seafood were delicious but not necessarily memorable. Our waiter was new & was not familiar with the restaurant's menu or wines to pair.Special Features:
- Excellent!DSarch68Dined on 7/3/2014I was very impressed by the quality of the food, which was more gourmet quality Italian and probably more authentic than your typical Italian-American style food. I had a potato gnocchi with lobster that was fabulous. My son's spaghetti with crab was fantastic as well. Our server was very pleasant and knew the menu really well. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor cafeJsk1Dined on 6/28/2014Cafe is located in a great space in an alley. Great ambience and lots of energy. Food was good. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJoeyDined on 6/26/2014Food was great. Loved sitting outside. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Yummy!JennypDined on 6/14/2014I would and will be recommending this place to all my friends who are in sf or just visiting sf. Walking into the alleyway entrance with all the other awesome Italian restaurants was a neat experience. The food was great. The service was fast. As soon as one plate was finished, your second or third was right behind it. Definitely a top recommendation for any foodie out there. Even non foodies who are looking for a true sf dining experience. Thank you Cafe Tiramisu staff! Can't wait to enjoy another meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pathetic serviceMeghaDined on 6/10/2014will never come here again. such rude staff. my food plate was filthy. nobody bothered to even clean the splatter on the plate. no water until we asked for it. the waiter had bad breath too. yuck.Special Features:
- OutstandingGregVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is a true gem. Everything is made to perfection, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceDineDivineDined on 6/7/2014I don't usually write reviews unless I am seriously pleased or seriously disappointed. I am here to say I am seriously pleased. I usually hit up Sauce or Plouf on Belden Place but my new favorite go-to is Cafe Tiramisu. Every time the food has been fresh and delicious, and the service outstanding. I've had the short rib ravioli, cooked perfectly al dente. I've also had the short ribs which were very tender falling apart in your mouth full of flavor. The mussels were plump and meaty and cleaned perfectly. The broth was light and not oily. My only constructive criticism would be the chef has a heavy hand with the salt, just a tad so that it takes away from the dish. Yet, the dishes are delicious and come through regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great value for the moneydatenightDined on 6/5/2014The caesar salad was just ok. We had the Halibut and the pini with seafood which were both tasty. A glass a wine for $13 when the average at most other restaurants for wine by the glass is often times $8-10. It isn't that they were exceptional wines..just average. I had notified the restaurant that we were there for our anniversary on our open table reservation notes. Either the restaurant doesn't get the note, doesn't read the note, or simply doesn't think care! When we arrived we told the hostess that we were there for the Dine-in program and she acted as if she had no idea what we were talking about. She handed us the standard menus only.
- Italy in Belden LaneMariaRDHVIPDined on 6/5/2014Cafe Tiramisu just keeps getting better! I have been going to this restaurant since it's opening, I cannot recall how many years! Giuseppe and Pino (Pino is mostly at Brindisi these days) are wonderful hosts. The food is fantastic, and very Italian, versus Italian-American. The grilled octopus is superb, as well as the calamari. Pastas are always great. A friend had the pici with shellfish, and I had spinach-ricotta gnocchi...excellent. The men had eggplant parmigiana and they enjoyed it very much. The "house" Chianti was very good, and Giuseppe gave us all a glass of Limoncello. My favorite SF restaurant.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014We had a large group and being that most restaurants are small I was pleasantly surprised that they accommodated us. Beginning with the hostess she was the sweetest and very welcoming. The food was delicious our whole group had nothing but great reviews. It was an intimate setting and they customized our menu with our group name, it was a nice touch. The only small thing was confusion with a dish that was not received, the waiter had asked if my guest had got the dish, she took it as ordered and he meant received. He got a little upset with one of my guest but still brought out the dish. Just a misunderstanding. Overall amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food =)ButterflyDined on 5/16/2014The food is amazing! Great drink selection & the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Great ServiceBrooksDined on 5/15/2014Cafe Tiramisu is always enjoyable. Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!justmeVIPDined on 5/14/2014Food was yummy. Patio is very fun. We really enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Awesome food! Great service!greateverytimeDined on 5/10/2014We dine at Cafe Tiramisu several times a year, for over 5 years. Each time it's been memorable and the food outstanding. By far THE best Italian restaurant in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 579 reviews are from the Cafe Tiramisu reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2014bread was cold - butter requested came in foil wrapper - place needs a paint job - menus need new covers! food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!GregVIPDined on 4/24/2014This Italian restaurant is definitely a true gem that will have you coming back time and time again. The food is authentic and fresh. Service is top rate, and the owner is always present ensuring that all needs are met. You must eat here and when you do save room for the tiramisu, the only place you will find better tiramisu is in Italy...maybe.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedDesireeDined on 4/17/2014Bread was chewy and stale. Because we were just a couple of mediocre asian women, we were not served with the best that it could be
- business lunch scenebizlunchqueenDined on 4/16/2014Nice people, great food. Can get crowded at lunch so not good for intimate conversation but great atmosphere otherwise. I like it for small business lunches with people that I enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined early in the eveningCaptAndyDined on 4/13/2014We dined early in the evening so the restaurant was very quite which is very important to us. The wait people were helpful and courteous. We enjoyed the meal, very traditional food done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fills the billLemontDined on 4/4/2014We had a group of 8, everyone was very pleased with their choices. Place is a little small, so you don't feel like spending extra time there. The fish entrees were a bit on the small side, but the salads were great and Italian dishes were ample. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find down Belden PlaceVickieDined on 3/27/2014Excellent food, outside table with heaters and great food made this an excellent choice for a lunchtime meeting with a new hire.Special Features:
- A disappointing visitSkatchDined on 3/20/2014This was my forth visit to Cafe Tiramisu and the only one which was disappointing in any way. While the food and service has always been great before, this time neither were. To start with, even though I was the only one on the patio at the time I finally gave up waiting for someone to come out for a drink order and went inside to get it myself. For food we ordered the spicy clams as an appetizer. The cook must have mistaken the salt shaker for the pepper flakes because there was no spice but lots and lots of salt. When our main course came both pasta dishes were severely over cooked. The sauces were good but the noodles were soggy. We would have complained and sent them back but again, no one came out to see how the meal was.Special Features:
- Good Food, but...WLDKDined on 3/13/2014The food here was very good, a little overpriced for what you get but either way still good. However, the service was a not at the quality it should be, plus the restaurant itself needs an update The building needs some fix up, as do the menus them selves.
- outstandingcorralsDined on 3/13/2014thank you chef you made our first anniversary a memory that will last a lifetimeSpecial Features: