3899 East County Highway 30A
Seagrove Beach, FL 32459Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafethirtya.com/
- Phone: 8502312166x1
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Duenas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Thirty-A
Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the FishboneContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Thirty-A - Best Restaurants in Seagrove Beach ›
Cafe Thirty-A reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)fit for foodies (122)notable wine list (103)romantic (96)neighborhood gem (94)good for groups (54)hot spot (52)kid-friendly (25)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (12)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Cafe Thirty A a winnerbdaymealsDined on 10/21/2014This place turned out to be all that we were led to believe, and maybe more. We got there at 5:50 so we barely qualified for the early bird 2 entrees for price of 1 deal. Our waiter got the order in on time and we got that deal. The food also came very quickly and we were extremely impressed with the taste and quantity. Service by Scott was outstanding and personable. We would go there again and again and try some of the other dishes.Special Features:
- ModeratefoodieDined on 10/16/2014The atmosphere was light and lovely, while still being very "beachy". We had grouper and boulabais both of which were very tasty. The 1/2 bottles of wine from a large list was very nice and unusual. I did think that charging $5.00 to valet park in front of the restaurant was a little excessive. Overall it was a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous!CampbellDined on 10/11/2014This was an outstanding dining experience. I read a few reviews stating that the food was just average, so I was a little nervous about what we would encounter. However, several local residents told us (at separate times), that Cafe 30 A was their favorite restaurant. So, we took a chance, and I"m so glad we did! The wine list was great, dinner was outstanding, and it was a fun place to be. I highly recommend the grits - they come with an appetizer, but you can order them separately. They are probably the best grits I have ever eaten. I had the filet for dinner, and my husband had the taco pizza - both of which were very, very good. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good dinner, good wine, and a good time!Special Features:
- ShrinkDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Cafe Thirty A several times over the past few years. They are consistently excellent in their food and service. Often I will pick several appetizers (e.g., St. Andrews Mussels, Beef Carpaccio, etc. It has become a "tradition" when we visit Sandestin and we will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great beach vacation diningHokieDined on 10/9/2014Cafe 30-A is a staple for us when we visit Rosemary Beach. We have eaten there many times. Food is consistently excellent. We plan to return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not great eitherToesinthesand45Dined on 10/6/2014We had heard several positive things about Cafe 30A, so we had high expectations, but maybe they were too high. The food was good, but not great. Our server was excellent and very knowledgable about the menu. We would recommend it but there are other places we would recommend before this one. Would we eat here again? Maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone by the waysideDestinDadDined on 10/4/2014For many years this has been one of our favorite places to dine. Unfortunately the last 2 times we have eaten here the food quality has deteriorated. The grouper was mushy and tasteless, like it had been prepared far in advance. The scallops were undercooked and flavorless. The place was very busy, hence the server was stretched far too thin to give great service, but he was the high point of the meal! For some reason the noise level was much higher than normal, perhaps the other patrons were having the same tasteless experience we were and instead of savoring the food they used their mouths for talking!
- Go earlyFroggyDined on 10/2/2014Great value between 5 and 6 PM. Affordable wine list. Exceptional service. Best in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant.VickyDined on 10/1/2014They offer buy 1 get 1 free entrees between 5-6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best on 30Aluv2eatDined on 9/30/2014The spinach oyster bacon salad is amazing. Our entrees were very good and the service was great.Special Features:
- Great food and service.TravelerDined on 9/28/2014Alex was best all time waiter. Caesar salad and mussels were great. Husband's grouper and risotto also great.Special Features:
- Perfect MealmissydDined on 9/27/2014Everything was delicious! We were two couples - the girls wanted to get a little dressy, the guys wanted to be in shorts and nice t-shirts. We all felt comfortable here. The food was amazing, and the service was great also. This was the best meal of the weekend, and we ate really well all weekend. All four of us highly recommend Café Thirty-A!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePaulGADined on 9/26/2014Open Table reservation worked out great at this popular restaurant. Great food & service - definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Cafe 30AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014This is our favorite place in the area! The staff the food never disappoint! We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT !ChristiDined on 9/23/2014Cafe Thirty A is always consistently fabulous. When we go down for a week, we eat there twice ! VERY GOOD, My Favorite restaurant in that area :)Special Features:
- Harriot's still got it!Tigeralum87Dined on 9/21/2014Been some time since dining at this 30A mainstay and we were not disappointed! Excellent food and service from start to finish. Tracie took great care of us and Jay helped tremendously with our wine selection. Started with the TUNA POKE, the BEEF CARPACCIO and GEORGIA QUAIL on Thirty-A's famous creamy grits; all delicious! The herb crusted SNAPPER was perfectly crispy and paired well with the Couscous. The LOBSTER with truffled three cheese mac was unbelievable creamy goodness! The BREAD PUDDING with cinnamon ice cream finished our evening, yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningjimandeileenDined on 9/21/2014hadn't been there in years. did not disappoint. wife said grouper was exceptional. will go back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 Years5959Dined on 9/19/2014Our 15th year celebrating our anniversary at this establishment. Will be back again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first class foodMikeSVIPDined on 9/18/2014We ate here twice during a 4 day stay at Watercolor resort. The food was superlative. My wife had the lobster on both nights -- it was so well done (and we are from New England). the crab cake, grouper and snpper were outstanding. The food here was as good as any 4 star restaurant in Boston, and we can recommend this restaurant without reservation -- except for the mandatory $5 valet parking fee -- who knew that there would be no parking in Seagrove, Florida?Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Delicious as always. Pan seared scallops and panko crusted snapper....mmmmmm!Special Features:
- Best on 30-AOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Could not have been more impressed with the ambiance, food and service. My wife and I dined during the nightly "5-6 p.m. BOGO." dining room was busy, but the server staff was attentive and timely. Great place for a special meal on scenic Hwy 30-A.Special Features:
- Food Best on 30AWesBSrDined on 9/14/2014Probably the best food on the competitive 30A strip. No complaints. The chef is magnificent; the menu is well thought out; and the drink and wine menus are very nice. The is a must visit restaurant every trip to the 30A area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service / Food!!JillDined on 9/13/2014My husband ordered the Grouper and I ordered the Scallops. The Grouper was incredible, and the Scallops were just good. I would order the Grouper next time or maybe the lobster. Unfortunately, we had a late lunch so I can't speak to any of the appetizers or desserts but the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was romantic/casual. Would go again when in Rosemary Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Mealtilldog13Dined on 9/13/2014loved the setting, great food & service, grilled grouper with "sticky" rice & veggies was wonderful, filet mignon was excellent. Homemade truffle mac n cheese - perfect! Portions were better than expected. No room for dessert. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- AwesomeBeauzerDined on 9/12/2014As always, Cafe Thirty-A was Awesome!! The food is presented well and prepared wonderfully! Many of the waiters have been there for years which is a sign that something is being done well. We will go every time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlenacharlenaDined on 9/11/2014The welcome, the service, food...everything was tremendous! My husband and I like to eat early and appreciate the special between 5 and 6:00. We always come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolaNolaDined on 9/7/2014The food was wonderful! Good enough to impress us and we are from New Orleans and used to eating at Emeril's, Antoine's, and the like. Good and reasonably priced wine list. Loved our waiter - excellent service.Special Features:
- ExcellentLoriDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful service and food! Waiters taught my Grandsons different ways to make designs from cloth napkins. Lobster was over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodDinerinluvwithfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014We ate here while on vacation. They had a few wines but not the Pinot Noirs that we're familiar with drinking. Food was very good, but are not as flexible at changing orders to match your request as in our hometown. Overall, food and service was good.Special Features:
- Great referral!expectingniceDined on 8/30/2014A friend said we had to go to Cafe Thirty A. We were very impressed. Our waiter was excellent, and the food was delicious. Their crab cake is unbelievable! My only complaint is that their dress code is "nice casual". I realize that it is Florida by the beach, but when you have a restaurant that is as nice as this one, with cloth tablecloths and very attentive staff, I don't think it is asking too much for patrons to wear long pants. Shorts, tee shirts, and tennis shoes do not belong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteBonApetitDined on 8/29/201430A is one of my mandatory stops when I visit 30A. The service, food and value are always excellent.Special Features:
- AwesomebeenthereDined on 8/29/2014Cafe thirty was absolutely divine, absolutely our best dining experience in a very long time. The food excellent, our waiter excellent. If we had to provide a less then a 5* then it would have to be the pricey valet service, 4 1/2 *, sure did appreciate it in the 90 degree heat. We will definitely be back & look forward to another fantastic meal in a beautiful restaurant!Special Features:
- DidiandersonTraveldidiDined on 8/28/2014This is probably our favorite restaurant in the area. We always stay in Destin but drive the 30 to 40 minutes to have dinner at 30A. Every time we take friends for their first visit, they always love it and return with other friends and/or family. We have benn dining here for 12 to 15 years and the quality never disappoints.Special Features:
- Vacation bday with infantLeeboDined on 8/28/2014Always enjoy 30A but our first time with our 4 month old grandson on her aunts birthday dinner. We were a little concerned taking our little one but was pleased to see how well the waiter and staff handled our wine and food orders while we walked the baby around the restaurant. Because I never saw the menu since I was walking the baby around, I relied on the waiters knowledge of the menu and wine list and his recommendations were spot on. Then he handled my daughters birthday dessert perfectly after only a gentle suggestion. The restaurant became one even higher on our list. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:
- travelerDined on 8/25/2014Our experience was very good. The food was prepared just right and the presentation was lovely. Our waiter, Blair, took very good care of us, including our special requests. We had a 8 pm reservation and our table was waiting for us when we got there. Everyone was very friendly. Will return the next time we're in the area!Special Features:
- Memorable evening in SeasideJMLinPNSVIPDined on 8/23/201430A was recommended to us by foodie friends and we were not disappointed. The grouper special was highly recommended by our waiter Theodore, and it was lovely. Fish was moist and perfectly complemented by a melange if Asian-inspired rice and vegetables. Snapper was a more Southern style with smokey pork and a rich couscous. Generous portions for big eaters! Easily shared for a fee. Our waiter Theodore was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some badOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food could not have been better but the service was less than friendly. The hostess stand was the worst. Very rude!Special Features:
- The best on 30A!beachdiningDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I dined here on the recommendation of friends. We travel a lot and are very pickey about where we dine. I would rate Cafe 30A and A+ for service, food and ambience! Had a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badTarynCarDined on 8/14/2014The service was wonderful, but the food just seemed less than impressive for the cost. I liked that the menu varied based on the local foods that were caught or farmed that day, but it wasn't as impressive as I'd hoped.Special Features:
- Food is outstandingdanmccormackDined on 8/12/2014Service is very good - we ate there 2 times out of three nights we were in town. The first night the server was 'good'...2 nights later we ate there again and the server was very good. Both nights the food was just outstanding. When at the coast it seems natural to enjoy seafood, and the tuna, grouper and snapper that we had (my wife and I) was as good as it gets. My rare yellowfin tuna was certainly sushi grade and prepared beautifully - sesame seed coated, seared on the outside, perfectly rare the rest of the way. My wife's grouper and snapper were the best she'd ever had. So be prepared to pay a premium, but be prepared to enjoy some of the finest food on 30A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.