3899 East County Highway 30A
Seagrove Beach, FL 32459Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafethirtya.com/
- Phone: 8502312166x1
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Duenas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Thirty-A
Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the FishboneContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Thirty-A - Best Restaurants in Seagrove Beach ›
Cafe Thirty-A reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)fit for foodies (140)notable wine list (121)romantic (114)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (71)hot spot (63)kid-friendly (29)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Outstanding FoodDinerinluvwithfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014We ate here while on vacation. They had a few wines but not the Pinot Noirs that we're familiar with drinking. Food was very good, but are not as flexible at changing orders to match your request as in our hometown. Overall, food and service was good.Special Features:
- Great referral!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014A friend said we had to go to Cafe Thirty A. We were very impressed. Our waiter was excellent, and the food was delicious. Their crab cake is unbelievable! My only complaint is that their dress code is "nice casual". I realize that it is Florida by the beach, but when you have a restaurant that is as nice as this one, with cloth tablecloths and very attentive staff, I don't think it is asking too much for patrons to wear long pants. Shorts, tee shirts, and tennis shoes do not belong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/201430A is one of my mandatory stops when I visit 30A. The service, food and value are always excellent.Special Features:
- AwesomebeenthereDined on 8/29/2014Cafe thirty was absolutely divine, absolutely our best dining experience in a very long time. The food excellent, our waiter excellent. If we had to provide a less then a 5* then it would have to be the pricey valet service, 4 1/2 *, sure did appreciate it in the 90 degree heat. We will definitely be back & look forward to another fantastic meal in a beautiful restaurant!Special Features:
- DidiandersonTraveldidiDined on 8/28/2014This is probably our favorite restaurant in the area. We always stay in Destin but drive the 30 to 40 minutes to have dinner at 30A. Every time we take friends for their first visit, they always love it and return with other friends and/or family. We have benn dining here for 12 to 15 years and the quality never disappoints.Special Features:
- Vacation bday with infantLeeboDined on 8/28/2014Always enjoy 30A but our first time with our 4 month old grandson on her aunts birthday dinner. We were a little concerned taking our little one but was pleased to see how well the waiter and staff handled our wine and food orders while we walked the baby around the restaurant. Because I never saw the menu since I was walking the baby around, I relied on the waiters knowledge of the menu and wine list and his recommendations were spot on. Then he handled my daughters birthday dessert perfectly after only a gentle suggestion. The restaurant became one even higher on our list. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:
- travelerDined on 8/25/2014Our experience was very good. The food was prepared just right and the presentation was lovely. Our waiter, Blair, took very good care of us, including our special requests. We had a 8 pm reservation and our table was waiting for us when we got there. Everyone was very friendly. Will return the next time we're in the area!Special Features:
- Memorable evening in SeasideJMLinPNSDined on 8/23/201430A was recommended to us by foodie friends and we were not disappointed. The grouper special was highly recommended by our waiter Theodore, and it was lovely. Fish was moist and perfectly complemented by a melange if Asian-inspired rice and vegetables. Snapper was a more Southern style with smokey pork and a rich couscous. Generous portions for big eaters! Easily shared for a fee. Our waiter Theodore was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some badOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food could not have been better but the service was less than friendly. The hostess stand was the worst. Very rude!Special Features:
- The best on 30A!beachdiningDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I dined here on the recommendation of friends. We travel a lot and are very pickey about where we dine. I would rate Cafe 30A and A+ for service, food and ambience! Had a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badTarynCarDined on 8/14/2014The service was wonderful, but the food just seemed less than impressive for the cost. I liked that the menu varied based on the local foods that were caught or farmed that day, but it wasn't as impressive as I'd hoped.Special Features:
- Food is outstandingdanmccormackDined on 8/12/2014Service is very good - we ate there 2 times out of three nights we were in town. The first night the server was 'good'...2 nights later we ate there again and the server was very good. Both nights the food was just outstanding. When at the coast it seems natural to enjoy seafood, and the tuna, grouper and snapper that we had (my wife and I) was as good as it gets. My rare yellowfin tuna was certainly sushi grade and prepared beautifully - sesame seed coated, seared on the outside, perfectly rare the rest of the way. My wife's grouper and snapper were the best she'd ever had. So be prepared to pay a premium, but be prepared to enjoy some of the finest food on 30A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Done RightAudreyinTexasDined on 8/11/2014My date and I absolutely enjoyed everything about this place. Our waiter (Grady) was friendly and knowledgable in the wines and food selection and was able to answer all of our questions. The food was mouth-watering and the dessert (chocolate mousse cake) was divine. There were no disruptive children there. We will definitely be returning next time we're on vacation. Especially since, to my surprise later, it was the dinner that was served on the night we became engaged! :) Audrey in TexasSpecial Features:
- Good food and good timeLeePDined on 8/10/2014We ate here with friends to celebrate a birthday, and it was a really good time. The restaurant was really cool vibe, nice atmosphere, and ambience. The drinks were good and the food was even better. Staff was very attentive and pace was kept sloe but steady for a good dinner.Special Features:
- One of the best places-period!JWTESQDined on 8/8/2014I have been eating at Cafe Thirty A for 10 plus years and everything is always perfect-everything. The crab cake is the best I have ever had. The arugula salad is divine. Like most places, the entrees change daily and they are all superb.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinning Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We took our parents to Care Thirty-A to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. The food, atmosphere, service was outstanding!!! We will definately be back and thanks for making a special occasion so great!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful meal at Cafe 30-A. The wedge salad was so good, light and fresh - we had them split it and the half was perfect per person. We did the BOGO offer from 5-6pm, we were impressed with how much we had to choose from for this offer. I had the pork chop YUM! and he had the filet mignon (also YUM!). our drinks were good, I had a the pineapple cosmopolitan and really liked it. also tried the french kiss martini, too strong. We had a great time. We requested a special table and we did get a nice table in the corner but I will say - I wondered if that was their best table/dining room. If/when we get back to seaside we will definitely go here again! Easy walk over 30A for a nice stroll on the beach post-dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So nice, we ate there twice!campbfhDined on 8/7/2014We visited Cafe Thirty-A during our trip to the Destin-area. Based on positive reviews, we decided to give it a try. I cannot say enough about this place. By far it is our favorite restaurant in the area. We even visited a second time before leaving the area so we could try additional items on the menu. The food is fresh, very tasty, and the service is excellent. They have a kids menu and are very kid friendly. Both the cocktail menu and wine list are notable. Their soups are outstanding. Next time we visit the area, dining at Cafe Thirty-A will be part of our itinerary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it everytimeEdwardDined on 8/7/2014Every time i visit this place I absolutely love the food. I had the grouper and my date had the oven baked chicken. Both were phenomenal. This place is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30A-- 08/2014DoxieDined on 8/7/2014Had not been to SeaGrove area in ~15 years which was the last time we dined at Cafe 30-A. We were not disappointed in any way-- the food and overall experience was at the same high level as we found before. Great food, comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!CreauxDined on 8/6/2014Great food, service and wine - and the seafood is always so fresh! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second timeZmanDined on 8/6/2014This was our second visit to Café 30A and it was outstanding again. From the creative salads, delicious fish dishes and awesome crème brulee ( and I am a crème brulee snob) everything was best of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe 30 A our favoritemustdinehereDined on 8/5/2014This was our second visit to Cafe 30 A (just discovered it last year). This visit was even better than last year. We were a party of 6, with 3 adults and 3 children. The menu had many selections for both age groups. I had the best steak filet for dinner that I've ever had and I am 66 years old. It was outstanding and my compliments to the chief. It was cooked perfectly. Everyone else enjoyed their meal as well. Our waiter was Joe and he did an outstanding job. He was personable and very informative regarding the menu. Only one small problem was our service was very slow that night, but still great evening. In fact, we dined one more time on our last evening in town. One of our favorites. We'll be back again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of fav places miss this time :(Love30ADined on 8/4/2014Love going to Cafe 30a and dine there 4 to 5 x a year.Meals and service are generally exceptional and offer a great sel of wine and martini's.However, this experience did not meet expectations.Party of 5, seated at a table for 4 at best.Table was very small and crammed next to the wall.Chairs were child's size.The waiter stepped on the foot of person sitting at the end of the table because there was no room for people to pass by without him standing very close. He also presented and poured wine while reaching over others sitting at the table. The food was good but for some reason it's usually better. It probably had to do with the overall experience that night. All that said, we'll definitely go back and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!bogeyDined on 8/3/2014Arguably, the best restaurant in the Destin area. Nice ambience. On the north side of 30 a, so, not much of a view. Families with kids typically get shuffled to an upstairs out-of-the-way room. Nice wine list – not too overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceHappyDined on 8/3/2014Our whole dining experience was perfection. They sat us right away and even had a high chair at our table waiting for us. Our waiter and all the staff were extremely gracious and accomodating. The food was outstanding. The sauce and sides were perfect compliments to our fish entrees. We have eaten here several times and each time it is our favorite meal of our vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averageluv2notcookVIPDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the grouper which was very over seasoned - would not order again. Other entrees that were ordered at the table were okay. Sorry, only 2 stars for this dining experience.
- 2 for 1 menu limitationsLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014Cafe 30a now limits what entree combinations are 2 for 1 from 5-6pm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi-end Dining-Rosemary Beach AreaGregDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I spent the week with my extended family and we were looking for a quiet night out. Cafe 30-A was exactly that! The food was remarkable and the ambiance was perfect. It was the upscale experience we had hoped for. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut Above Beach RestruantsAppreciativeDinerDined on 8/1/2014From the moment you enter the restruante you feel the focus on customer service and quality that is not normal in today's standards. With reservations you are quickly seated to begin a foodie experience that is filled with various flavors that is served with class and style. The seafood is paired with sides that tied the tasts together uniquely. We had our Grandchildren with us and the staff ensured they had their meal immediately. This ensured a smooth dinner for. Thank you for the experience.Special Features:
- Great dinner and menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We did 1/2 price entree. Great deal. Food was awesome. My husband tired of seafood and new New York strip was great. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014Great food and service as usual. We eat here every time we come to the area.Special Features:
- katcDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful food and great atmosphere. We always make sure to eat there when we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentBigfootVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been dining at Cafe Thirty-A for 10 years. Once a year at a minimum. We love it. Always excellent food and great service. It is one of our must do activities when we travel to Destin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionVegas3tinesDined on 7/24/2014Cafe Thirty-A was recommended to us by friends for several years; we finally made reservations to go this year. We carried a 13 y/o, 5 y/o and 3 y/o. The atmosphere was perfect for all of us. AND.... the food was absolutely amazing! We will definitely me visiting Cafe Thirty-A again!Special Features:
- AlwaysGreatFoodieChickDined on 7/23/2014You can always count on great service and great food at 30A Cafe. My husband and I always like to have date night here when we're at the beach, and it never disappoints us. You need to get the bananas foster dessert - it's delicious. Great ambiance too!Special Features:
- Thirty A is A-plusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Scallops with lobster quinoa and wood roasted grouper were superb for the ladies ---and the men loved the lettuce wedge and their steaks. All were enjoyed at a table window-side. Possibly the highlight, beyond the delicious entrees and the early bird prices was Jeanie, our waitress--upbeat, informative, attentive and just plain nice. She added much joy to our overall dining experience!Special Features:
- Romantic Dining Experience30ALuvrDined on 7/21/2014Dining elegance, with dimmed lighting. Has 5 star food and cocktails. The servers has a very good knowledge of the menu and the different types of food categories (ex: grouper as to the snapper, having it grilled, fried, blackened or prepared some other way). Servers do not hover (giving you privacy) but do not forget your are there (checking on your needs). Has a great early bird special 2-for1 entrees. Has courteous and hospitable valet parking (optional). Reservations would be recommended a very popular place both with the locals and visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014We havent been to 30A in several years, our loss. The food and service were fantastic and the beauty of the beach all combine to make this our favorite in the area.Special Features:
- lilysdadDined on 7/19/2014the best meal we have had since moving here. everything was prefectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.