499 Jericho Tpke.,
Syosset, NY 11791Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafetestarossa.com/
- Phone: 5163648877
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: William Sansone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seperate Dining Area Available with exceptions on Days with Minimum.
- Private Party Contact: Lois or Jennifer 5163648877
A word from Cafe Testarossa
Modern Italian Cuisine with all the Character of Artisanal Fare. Even though Italian Cuisine is based on Tradition, Cafe Testarossa is holding true to traditional methods, without restriction, to modernizing the essence of the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Testarossa reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (13)romantic (10)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent as always.ovrthetopDined on 9/13/2014I highly recommend it. Food and service were great and it wasn't to noisy.Special Features:
- An Italian findJerryDined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit here this year so I'll do a double review. This place is essentially beyond the distance that I would travel for Italian food but I came here for a birthday dinner 6 months ago and I needed to come back to see if the first visit was just a fluke. Firstly, it's a nice looking place, fairly comfortable but seating is a bit to close for me. I ordered the special menu, Chilean sea bass and fennel crusted pork chop. Both excellent. Appetizers are first rate, zucchini flower, scallops over polenta, both fabulous menu/wine list both somewhat limited. Service is on the slow side. Waitstaff young and inexperienced but very engaging. Overall, this is a neighborhood gem and I will just have to visit this "hood" more often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014always consistent great food. the service is great. everyone is very friendly and always remembers us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Haven't been to Café Testarossa for at least three years. Glad I experienced it again. The food was excellent. Everyone at our table was very satisfied with the food and attentive service. Will be back again in the near future.Special Features:
- Won't be going backsltooDined on 9/6/2014The noise level in this place is just horrible. The main dining-room has no ambiance, it's just dark with no decor. Food was tasty but not worth sitting in a room with that much noise. Waitress was very nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014very good food and service making it a great place to take friendsSpecial Features:
- chipVIPDined on 9/6/2014its one of the most consistent restaurants on long island ...how they keep it going after all these years ? great food and great wait serviceSpecial Features:
- BEST FOOD IN TOWNOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We have been dining here for 25 Yrs and never had a bad meal,or service. This is the first time we had the lobster special and will not be the last. All the work is done for you. No cracking, no work, just enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strong after 25 yearsnynomadDined on 8/23/2014We keep coming back because we have always been happy with the food and service. Very rarely will you find a restaurant that is so consistent with their quality and well prepared food. The halibut was excellent and our friends thoroughly enjoyed their chicken and pasta dishes. The chef/owner is also very accomodating with special requests and substitutions. A very good variety of dishes to choose from and while some will consider the food "basic" there is certainly enough creativity for "foodie" palates. Good food, good value and good service....you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Hot and ColdjavamanDined on 8/23/2014Food excellent when it finally delivered,service left a lot to desired, no reason if the kitchen ran out of an appetizer I was informed 20-25 minutes later. Management apologetic ,still a little annoying. All in all, I would still go back.Special Features:
- our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014the food is always wonderful and love having Rosanna as our server.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had a group of 11. The service was excellent, the food was delicious. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike AjavamanDined on 8/2/2014The dining experience from the cocktails,appetizers and entrees were a culinary delight. I would not hesitate to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We came in and I was looking at the menu and I had a taste for chicken Parm with spaghetti! I didn't see it on the menu and I told my wife that I wished I could have that! The waitress overheard me and said, "no problem, we'll make that for you" it was DELISIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How Could We Forget!!!MJO11Dined on 7/22/2014We recently went back to our "forgotten" favorite Cafe Testrossa! As soon as we walked in we were greeted by every staff member that we passed on the way to our table, thats a rare find! We looked over the menu with a lot of new additions and some of our favorites still there! We happened to come in on the premiere night of a special Tuesday Night Wine prix fix menu that included an appetizer, entree, dessert and a featured italian wine. My husband had the petite lasagna, Halibut and tiramisu with a glass of Valpolicella which was all to die for! I ordered the potato gnocchi and the pork chop! We were amazed that certain pastas are in house made!! Everything Was Delicious!! We Will Never let Cafe Testarossa Slip our minds again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic evening!!KLO1013VIPDined on 7/19/2014We hadn't been to Testarossa in years, but had always enjoyed it in the past. We started off with the fried calamari, which was sort of 'run of the mill', and nothing notable. Our friends had the buffalo mozzarella, and stuffed artichoke which they said was fantastic!! We shared a pear salad, which was very good. I had the homemade fettuccine with shrimp & lobster, which was DELICIOUS!! My fiance had the orecchiette with sausage & broccoli rabe, and loved it! Our friends had the veal chop and the colossal shrimp, and we just as happy. We finished up with frozen nutella cake with cherry vanilla ice cream, and cappuccino....it doesn't get much better than this!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014great food , service and menu. We sat down had a drink eat and wer out the door in just over an hour, a great experience!Special Features:
- Mouth watering entree !SusieeatsDined on 6/28/2014Absolutely delicious meal ! I had the appetizer special of zucchini flowers which was lightly battered and fried to perfection. The entree was fresh pasta with shrimp, al dente & amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDined on 6/21/2014We've been there many times and were always extremely pleased. This time, the food was good, but lacked something that always made their cooking special. The web site showed fresh grouper was available. I had had that in the past & several in our octet were craving it. There was none available so I had Halibut, which was good, but was slightly over cooked. One of the special pastas was good,but again wasn't great, a bit dry. And while service was Very good, althought asked for, we needed to get crushed peppers ourselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a let down1stayawayDined on 6/19/2014Starting with an indifferent waitress and a large and uninviting dining room pass this place and go some where else! How does a place have such a minimal wine list! No wine by the glass. They do not even know what wine they serve by the glass, it is not on the menu. It would be nice if they filled the water glasses. Fish was overcooked and the veal was in a tasteless sauce. Oh, where did they get the desserts? Noise level so loud my teeth were shaking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014First time customer. Very impressed with the ambience. Service was excellent. Donna was charming and very attentive. Food was great.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!LovesEatingOutVIPDined on 6/3/2014We have been dining at Café Testarossa for many years and it has become our go-to restaurant. The food is consistently superb, fresh, generous portions, excellent fish, pasta....EVERYTHING. The staff is always knowledgable, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Always A Wonderful Mealjcp560Dined on 5/31/2014Had dinner Saturday night with my husband and two kids and, as always, we had a wonderful meal. Cafe Testarossa is my go-to restaurant…..we are never disappointed. The food is always reliable and great, as is the service.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Cafe Testarossa reviews archive.
- outstandingdba1954Dined on 5/22/2014We were from out of town and wanted a good place to go out and was close to the hotel. Boy are we glad we tried Testarossa. It was a high stop for our weekend. The food and service was truly 5 star. Everyone in our group was talking about it the next day.Special Features:
- So HappyMimiDined on 5/20/2014It can be noisey, but it was Tuesday at 7, and though many table were filled, it was quiet. Four people having different entrees and appetizers and no one was disappointed. I absolutely had an excellent dinner and will go back. Good service and friendly staff.Special Features:
- True Italian FoodMrsCDined on 5/16/2014The chef cooks just like my grandmother used to. Excellent food fresh food, captures the essence of italy.Special Features:
- KathyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Food is always consistently good!! Never have been disappointed with any meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceMcTwinsDined on 5/10/2014Truly outstanding -From the 1st course thru dessert . That encompasses the food & service . Definitely will be back again!!!Special Features:
- Always ConsistentGaryVIPDined on 5/7/2014I am never disappointed here. The food is always excellent as is the service. Very friendly staff. And the $24 Sunset menu is a real bargain for what you get.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceGreatDined on 4/26/2014Everything was wonderful. Table was ready, no wait. Food and service was exceptional. Always a great time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very consistentchipVIPDined on 4/25/2014never get a bad meal here.....always trying new thingsSpecial Features:
- My favorite restaurant.....tinydncrDined on 4/11/2014I really appreciate the friendly and sensitive service, and the way we never feel rushed...it is one of the few restaurants around we can stay and finish up conversations even after the kitchen closes. The food is consistently EXCEPTIONAL It is fine dining in a beautiful setting, and relaxed and unpretentious. perfect!Special Features:
- A pleasure diningBriarpatchDined on 4/6/2014The food at Testarossa remains consistenly excellent. The food is always cooked to perfection and properly seasoned. The salmon is flavorful , served on a bed of mixed vegtables and all cooked to precisely the right temperature The service, as always, was attentive and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesDiWaltDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites because they have a great menu and the food is consistently excellent. The restaurant is decorated in very warm and relaxing colors and the lighting is perfect...not too bright and not too dark. The tables are not parked one on top of the other so you can enjoy conversation without hearing anyone else's. Service is also excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Testarossa continues to excelTonyDDined on 4/2/2014Testarossa continues to excel with creative cuisine using the freshest and best ingredients available. Superb pastas and fish. Service is always top notch, friendly and accommodating. The new look of the dining rooms are sleek yet comfortable. One of my family's favorite places.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014This is a slightly formal, kind of upscale restaurant that makes you feel like you are in your own dining room. The service was excellent, courteous and prompt, we never had to "wait" for anything. Every time I looked up, there was someone ready to handle whatever I wanted. The food, though a tad pricy was first rate. I don't mind paying a little extra if I get the quality consistent with the price, and at Testarossa, we definitely did. I give this restaurant the full 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for me!SpoiledbyNYNJDined on 3/27/2014Business lunch on Thursday afternoon. We started with fried calamari, it was served very hot, crispy and the marinara was delicious, too. One associate ordered the special, Atlantic cod and he said it was wonderful while another ordered a chicken special and loved it also. I ordered Caesar salad and asked if grilled shrimp could be added. The romaine was nice and crisp, great dressing, crunchy croutons and the shrimp was cooked perfectly. All in all it was a very good lunch, I would go again and suggest it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First NightBruceODined on 3/14/2014I found the food to be very very good and found the prices to be comparable with restaurants of similar quality. I tend to be a person who desires quality over quantity. I usually find that restaurants that serve larger portions are making up for other problems. I found the quantity of the entree in Cafe Testarosa to be sufficient without being overbearing. My wife and I had a wonderful time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDavekopVIPDined on 3/8/2014In a part of Long Island that is surrounded by many restaurants in nearby towns, this Hidden Gem offers locals a place to find quality food and very attentive service. The staff and management worked diligently to ensure our night was up to our standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I remember why I haven't beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Table not ready for forty minutes, and then it was a temporary table they set up near door. 3 appetizers brought out, then 10 min wait for 4th; Same thing happened with entrees Food passable when it arrived