Cafe Terra Cotta
5649 S. Curtice Street
Littleton, CO 80120Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Terra Cotta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeterracottalittleton.com/
- Phone: 3037946054x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy Read
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Exclusive Restaurant Seatings Available for groups of 20 or more. Call for pricing and description
- Private Party Contact: Levi Pike 3037946054x
A word from Cafe Terra Cotta
Picture yourself dining at one of the most unique hidden jewels of all South Metro. Join us in the elegant yet historic Louthan house in Old Downtown Littleton. Here you will experience a carefully hand picked wine list, a diverse breakfast and lunch menu with a Southwestern flare, and dinner experience that will not soon be forgotten. We look forward to serving you with our best in the near future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Terra Cotta - Best Restaurants in Littleton ›
Cafe Terra Cotta reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)great for outdoor dining (67)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (45)romantic (38)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Love Terra CottaRockyDined on 8/30/2014First time for dinner. We've enjoyed brunch several times previously. Ate outdoors. Very pleasant. An easy recommendation.Special Features:
- Great time!CarolSueDined on 8/27/2014We met with two other couples on a Wednesday night. Food was great as well as was the service. We'll surely come back again!Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014We do not go out to eat often and this was a treat for us! We had not been here before, but someone recommended it to us. Great ambiance in an old Littleton house on a quiet street. Food was amazing, melted in your mouth, great presentation. I had the chicken wellington and my husband the hangar steak. Great staff. We were there on a weeknight, so could have been calm compared to weekend. It was a rainy night, so no eating outside, but had lots of outside seating, on the huge front porch or in the garden area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my2centsbluemaxDined on 8/26/2014The food was absolutely great, the atmosphere was great, however the noise level was high. It was not particularly busy but very noisy. Our waiter seemed to be more occupied with being the bar tender than being our waiter, fortunately the waitress handling the table next to us kept our drinks refilled. The feel was very relaxed and the Walleye was very tasty. We will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightakazooeyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent as always. Service was wonderful. We were never rushed. Thank you for a wonderful experience on the rare-occasion date night!Special Features:
- Food ok could be betterFudnsvcmatterDined on 8/23/2014Service lacking. Waiter seemed to be flying solo so I'll give him that. But if he had explained that to me, I'd be more forgiving. Not attentive and not engaged with our table but more so with others so the discriminate attentiveness was verbdisappointing. Also, this is tomato season. No reason to be serving hard underripe heirlooms in your caper se Mexicano! Will think twice about returning as prices are comparable to downtown without the wow.Special Features:
- LilyDined on 8/23/2014Cafe Terra Cotta is always a good place to go for a meal. The food is different and good.Special Features:
- Very bad experienceFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014The food was cold. The duck was tough and dry with burnt corn salsa. The waiter never came to check on our food after it was delivered and he smelled heavily of alcohol. When I made the reservation I told them it was for our son's birthday. They never even acknowledged it. I will never go back because it was a complete waste of money and really made a special occasion unpleasant. I emailed the owners to let them know about the bad experience and they never responded.
- WilelyoneDined on 8/16/2014Can't believe this gem has been open for 7 years and we just found it! Monica was our waitress and she made us feel right at home. Service was prompt and with a delightful smile. Having moved from the Great Lakes many years ago we just had to have the Mackerel and it was outstanding. Will definately return...with friends.Special Features:
- Cafe Terracotta is not what it wasDinesoutalotDined on 8/15/2014We've been loyal semi-regulars to Café Terra Cotta for the past 5 years or so. Until 1-2 years ago it's been a great neighborhood place to go for a nice change of pace with a short yet interesting menu, good wine list and delicious meals. As Café Terracotta has become more popular however, we've noticed the range and quality of the meals has declined and the food seems more bland. It's also extremely noisy inside ("energetic" = noisy), so very difficult to carry on a conversation with others in your group. That said, the wait-staff continues to be very friendly and attentive. We hope our more recent experiences are a temporary blip as Café terracotta offers great potential for a gourmet experience in a friendly neighborhood environment.
- Dr. Mark KinardmarkkDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful evening, the portions were substantial; 3 of us had Walleye. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Good for brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Been here for brunch...and now, dinner. Prefer the brunch. Dining experience for dinner was good but not great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food but very loud--we have been here before, but the night we came was exceptionally noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had great service and the best possible table on the outdoor deck. A very attentive waiter, good wine - but sort of so-so food. Some of us had a very good meal and others not so good. (fish overcooked, bland rice dish). We would lover to go back, but there are so many other options now that it may not happen.Special Features:
- great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014my wife and I went on a dinner date here and loved it ! fantastic food (lots of gluten free options), very reasonable prices, wonderful service. we couldn't have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dynamite dinnermilehighdinnerdudeDined on 7/29/2014What a wonderful experience at CTC. A varied menu featuring classic food combinations with intriguing spice mixtures. The lamb was superb and remarkably filling while the barramundi fish and chips hit the spot. A really cool dessert plate featured a chocolate walnut and coconut gauche as well as a peanut butter cream pie with a peanut butter dust. What a cool dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Everything was outstanding, did not take long for my food to arrive :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DisappointedDinerDined on 7/18/2014Love this place & always make it out special occasion place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taste bud sensation!lovinlifeDined on 7/18/2014The food was amazing. Every attention to culinary detail was made, right down to the oil dip for the fresh warm bread. The service was f flawless with a relaxed feel. Best date night with my husband ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brd86Dined on 7/15/2014Always enjoy eating here. Great food with a unique mix of flavors and creativity. Service is always great - a lost item in most dining experiences today. Lacking a little on the wine side, but acceptable selections are available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Wonderful menu with some unusual combinations and a fantastic wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous meal, wonderful servicerkpackDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner here, complete with the brussel sprout appetizers (which you must try to believe!), fabulous salad and wonderful fish entree. Menu changes often, but I wouldn't hesitate to return, whether for the same sampling or all new choices. Service was great although they got an unexpected rush, so a couple of minor errors on my order, which were attended to and remedied immediately. Made of our everyday meal a truly special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findGlendaDined on 7/8/2014We had an early dinner and the food was great and the service friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & AmbienceEatingOutIsSpecialDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. I had the lamb chops with sweet potato and kale. The food was great. We ate inside the old house, and that was very disappointing. The entire interior had been gutted and turned into one large room. Every table had a very clear view of the kitchen, which I found most unpleasant. There are other restaurants in the Denver metro area that also have great food, and I would choose one of those way before returning to Cafe Terra Cotta. I don't like eating a nice meal in view of an industrial kitchen.Special Features:
- Very pleasant dinner!LalaDined on 7/2/2014Everything was great except for a minor issue with overly rare lamb which we sent back. The issue was remedied. The meat came back out perfectly and the chef gave new sides which had obviously gone cold in the wait. All in all, great dinner.Special Features:
- A summer evening on the patio -PilarDined on 6/30/2014I know that recently there were several reviewers who commented on slow service. Ours was excellent, and so too, was the food. We ate outside which required staff to travel longer distances and climb stairs, but all went well for our dinner. I have lunched here several times without problems. Excellent for my GF needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantBox249Dined on 6/28/2014This is my second visit. The food is amazing, and the staff so friendly and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014We have dined there many times and the food was disappointing! The walleye was overcooked and the hanger steak was tough and not medium rare.Special Features:
- mary12Dined on 6/26/2014had been there a few months ago inside and very noisy and wasn't sure I'd be back, but decided to try again and glad that I did. this time outside and just a great experience. food was hot when arrived very please with our visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance service lackedNewhotspotgalDined on 6/24/2014I went to this restaurant about 4 years ago and just loved it. This time the service was really lacking. We had to ask our waiter every time we wanted something. It wasn't even crowded and dinner took 2 1/2 hours. The fondue appetizer was watery. If they could fix that it would be great! Drinks, appetizers and salads were nicely priced. Entrees were a little pricey and just okay. Great location for a quiet dinner or date. Minor changes that need to be made. I'd recommend this place as years ago I know it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeNewCustomerDined on 6/23/2014I took a friend to dinner for her birthday. The staff was great, the food was great and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placemsfunnybonesVIPDined on 6/21/2014We've been to Cafe Terra Cotta a few times and it's always good. This particular night seemed a little slower with service than usual, but we didn't complain, because we were in no hurry. The staff seemed to be rushing around and possible short handed. But overall, it was fine. Since we'd been there before, we knew it was going to be good no matter what. And it was. My walleye was a bit overcooked, but still good. The brussels sprouts appetizer was amazing. Everything else was quite good as well. We always go back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!luvtoeatanddrinkDined on 6/19/2014Quiet ambiance, simple and elegant decor with outstanding service. The food was the best food I've ever had at a restaurant and I was also impressed with the wine list. I look forward to returning! Highly recommend for a romantic date.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperiencetreesoutsideDined on 6/18/2014I've been at lunch at enjoyed it but went for a special occasion at dinner and was disappointed. The drinks and appetizer were good but dinner itself was just OK. Overpriced for what we got. The wait staff was not very friendly. Nobody greeted us when we walked in though multiple servers passed us. A couple of the women waitresses NEVER smiled and seemed annoyed to be dealing with customers. I wouldn't go back at dinner. Maybe for lunch though.Special Features:
- A Great FindjavarukeDined on 6/18/2014I was looking for a nice place for a romantic dinner before a Red Rocks show and this hit the target! My wife and I shared brussel sprouts and Mexican caprese and both came packed with unique flavors. We had the lamb chops and hangar steak for our mains and both enjoyed them completely, along with the tasty sides. My lucky day as I love apple pie and the dessert special was apple pie which was very good - the crust was flakey and flavorful. Our service was very attentive and friendly. The waitress checked in often enough, but not too much, to make us feel special. And the manager also stopped by to chat and make sure all was well. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowDined on 6/14/2014Service on the night we were there was extremely slow - asked for an extra napkin - never received it. Seemed like they were short staffed or something. Very noisy and expensive -
- BonBonVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had not been in a while, nice changes. Our friends had never been & really liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindBROSEDined on 6/5/2014"My wife and I enjoyed the old brick style house turned into an upscale quaint cafe. It was our anniversary and had a great experience. We will be back not only for special occasions but with friends. We started with champaign and the baby kale and spinach and arugula grapefruit salads. Champaign and salads complimented each other! My wife is gluten free so they brought us fantastic gluten free bread and had several options for entrees. They also make their own bread that is out of this world. My wife had the roasted acorn squash with pork chop and I had the pan-fried honey pepper walleye both were very flavorful and delights. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable and complimented the courses."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary2dine42Dined on 6/3/2014Celebrating our 13th year anniversary, I found this place and figured we would give it a try. What a find! Great ambiance, great service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillCharlieDined on 5/30/2014Having been there several times in the past, we expected a nice evening on the patio with good food and wine. First off, we kept asking the server who brought us water if he was out waiter and he would say "I will take care of you" and then disappear. There was only one other table outside with us and he was paying little attention to either table. My dinner was fine, but the other was so overcooked they agreed to take it off the bill (which is nice but not the way to enjoy a night out). Parking is impossible. When it came time to pay the bill, we had to get up and go inside where our server was chatting away at the bar with another employee. I doubt I will be back again.Special Features: