Cafe Terra Cotta
5649 S. Curtice Street
Littleton, CO 80120Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Terra Cotta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeterracottalittleton.com/
- Phone: (303) 794-6054
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy Read
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Exclusive Restaurant Seatings Available for groups of 20 or more. Call for pricing and description
- Private Party Contact: Levi Pike 3037946054x
A word from Cafe Terra Cotta
Picture yourself dining at one of the most unique hidden jewels of all South Metro. Join us in the elegant yet historic Louthan house in Old Downtown Littleton. Here you will experience a carefully hand picked wine list, a diverse breakfast and lunch menu with a Southwestern flare, and dinner experience that will not soon be forgotten. We look forward to serving you with our best in the near future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Terra Cotta - Best Restaurants in Littleton ›
Cafe Terra Cotta reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)great for outdoor dining (54)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (43)romantic (29)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (22)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lunch or brunch only.DisappointedDined on 11/21/2014We have gone for lunch and brunches before that were very good and had not been there for dinner for several years. The menu has very few selections and the only steak is $38.00. None of the appetizers were appealing. Do not recommend the chicken wellington and sauteed spinach. The chicken was grilled, with mushrooms and cheese. The chicken was tough and had a very strong grilled taste. We could only eat part of it. The spinach was ok. The service was average. Great atmosphere with a group of friends or a romantic date. In warm weather the patio is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We have been to this restaurant many times in the past, but it was a few years back. The restaurant was packed and extremely loud. I picked it because it use to be a more intimate, quieter place. ….or it use to be. The food was good but came out luke warm. I did not send it back for fear of not seeing it in the near future, as service had slowed. The restaurant it has great ambiance, but the noise was problematic. It is disappointing to spend over $100.00 for two people and have mediocre service and food. Probably will not return.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014It's rare to find a perfect combination of food, service and ambiance in the suburbs. This is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Not to CookShay1227Dined on 11/10/2014Four of us who have been friends for many years needed a night of catching up and especially not cooking. We were looking for a nice quiet place and we found it. There was music in the background which was wonderful it was just that background we didn't have to shout over the music. To top it all off we didn't want to cook and Cafe Terra Cotta filled the bill the food was wonderful. All of us enjoyed our night.Special Features:
- Cafe Terra CottaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food and service were great. There was a large party at the time of our visit -- they were too noisy. I couldn't even have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great AmbianceFineSpotsDined on 11/7/2014Cafe Terra Cotta has high ratings, so gave it a try. Excellent in all respects. Highly recommend. Somewhat pricey for $$, however.Special Features:
- Steady as she goesjoeyboy795Dined on 11/7/2014Café Terra Cotta is a delightful place to dine. friendly, helpful servers, very good, interesting dishes that at once honors their best-liked features while constantly working in new dishes. a bit noisy for intimate dining, but a true neighborhood gem to share with loved ones and friends/.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Terra Cotta is Fantastic!WineDinePlayDined on 11/6/2014Friends had suggested the Cafe Terra Cotta a long time ago. We loved the small, old town venue: Quiet, romantic, clean, pleasant, and seating arrangements gave a feeling of privacy, but allowed for the staff and visitors to comfortably move about. The staff were the most pleasant and professional we have experienced anywhere. We enjoyed a bottle of Cabernet Sav, shared the Buffalo Calamari small plate, enjoyed a crisp, refreshing house salad. We ordered the beef tenderloin and the BBQ short ribs. Both entrees were the most tender, melt in your mouth, delicious delights. Chocolate Moose and coffee for desert! What a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiL0versVIPDined on 11/4/2014Appreciate having a gem in the neighborhood! Love the new food items!!Special Features:
- Outstanding StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The staff was one of the best I've ever experienced. The wine and food were very good. My only issue was the overall noise level. It made it difficult to have a conversation. I wouldn't hesitate to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Very nice restaurant. When you walk in, you know it is where you want to be. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the fall menu!foodlover40Dined on 10/24/2014We always love Cafe Terracota. We normally go there for brunch but took some special people there to try out the dinner fall menu. I personally LOVED the shrimp with the spaghetti squash. It was so rich with flavor! The shrimp were cooked perfectly and I loved having the mushrooms in the dish. The tenderloin and white truffle mac and cheese were delicious as well! Will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Delicious but very noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The food never disappoints!!! But we have eaten here at different times during the week and the restaurant is quite noisy. Saturday evening we were with friends, sitting in a booth and could only visit with the person sitting next to us. It was difficult for conversation. We recommend the patio for an enjoyable meal and conversation.
- Cafe terracottaLuvfoodDined on 10/18/2014Our overall experience was good. They were extremely busy and so service suffered from that. Food was amazing as usual though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeLizVIPDined on 10/11/2014On of my favorites, except for the noise level. It is difficult to carry on a normal conversation due to the loud noise level inside. Enjoy it more when I can dine outside and carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- Well worth the visitluvdwntnlttltonDined on 10/8/2014We received a gift certificate for Terra Cotta from a friend, but had always intended to visit, as we love downtown Littleton. It could not have been a more enjoyable evening. Our server, Chad, was exceptional in all ways and was just a delight to visit with. The ambiance is what you'd expect in a refurbished, century-old home - warm, cozy, low lighting accenting a dark interior. The only suggestion might be to isolate the kitchen because the bright fluorescent lighting detracts from the aforementioned ambiance - very minor point, though. The dishes were marvelous - the pork chop for my wife, while I had superb spaghetti squash. The wine selection was excellent, as were the suggestions for mixed drinks. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We loved the quality of the food and unique and charming atmosphere. We sat outside on the covered porch, and there were great tables also available on the front lawn to offer a variety of outdoor options when the weather permits. Inside, the old victorian home provided charm and intimacy. Don't miss out on the crispy brussel sprouts as an appetizer - amazing! The chicken wellington is a nice twist on the traditional, and lots of great wine pairing options for any of the dishes. Affordable quality and solid service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014We've been avid fans of this spot for years. Dinner tonight was not great, barely average. Must be under new ownership. We'll be trying out new places to replace this one. Sad to see it slip.
- Consistently WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Love this place. Cozy, warm, inviting. Good food, nice wine list and great service. This time we introduce another couple to Cafe Terra Cotta; kinda like introducing one friend to another.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food and service. The only thing I didn't like was the seating. Not a big fan of sharing a unibooth sitting close to other diners. Otherwise, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014We've been several times to Cafe Terra Cotta. The food is always excellent. This time we had the most wonderful waiter. I can't remember his name, but he said he was new and hired to be the sommelier. Great service, very friendly. Everything he recommended was fantastic!Special Features:
- GREAT!!!SmilesDined on 10/2/2014The food was so good! It was different and fresh and tasted amazing. The wait staff was so nice and helpful givien that I had a 2 yr. with me....they had a booster chair, children"s menu and the mac and cheese was delicious. I would go back here again and again. ENJOY!!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Mokebrains5Dined on 9/27/2014Everything was fantastic from the quaint booth to our sommelier waiter to every entree prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful evening at Terra Cotta. The food was great, service was great. I would highly recommend it for a date night celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet neighborhood gemDaveDined on 9/27/2014Delicious food, nice atmosphere and good service, overall a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Things Have Slipped A BitSteakStarvedDined on 9/27/2014With several visits since Spring, we've noticed some negative effects since an apparent change in ownership. While mostly attentive, service seems to be more in your face, with servers rushing through the inside dining area to reach the front porch and gardens. Menu selections have continued to diminish, offering a mix of old and new, but with old favorites missing. That said, food quality remains relatively high. However, the calamari special was extremely dry on the outside. One unforgivable mistake early on a recent Saturday evening was that the unavailability of the trademark white sardines on the Caesar salad. What?!!? And, the dessert dispaly case at the entry has regrettably given way to wine storage.former anticipation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food was fantastic, wine list was great, and the patio was lovely. This was my third time here and Cafe Terra Cotta never fails to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pip333VIPDined on 9/22/2014We loved the ambience and the menu looked great. Loved my Brussels sprout appetizer and the spaghetti squash and shrimp main course. Levi was very helpful in recommending a wine. Our only complaint was too much food!! I hated to leave food on my plate. But next time we will know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be betterSydBeeDined on 9/22/2014If 10 stars were possible, even that would be too few. My husband and I went for a date night. It was our first time here, but it will definitely not be our last. We were immediately greeted by the owner who treated us royally. Monica, our server, was also exceptional. The dinner was amazing, as was Monica's wine recommendation. We enjoyed a wonderful, romantic evening dining outside of this picturesque restaurant. The entire staff was helpful and courteous. Without a doubt, one of our best dining experiences...can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kentDined on 9/20/2014The food is always great and one of our favorite dinning experiences in downtown LittletonSpecial Features:
- Didn't live up to its reputationmnance74Dined on 9/19/2014A beautiful outdoor porch setting. Parking was a real challenge. Whole street looks to be converted from a residential street and traffic and parking, though not noisy, is difficult to negotiate. Service recovered well after an initial difficulty getting drink order straight. Restaurant seems vey "chef" proud, even announcing his name at the bottom welcoming all to the restaurant. So to have wait staff tell tables at 6pm that the chef is still trying to "come up with something" as a special was surprising. Main entrees were good. Caesar salad was very oily and relied entirely on an abundance of anchovy fillets (like 6 of them) for flavor. Completely overwhelmed the salad. Mixed salad was good. Dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Always great!FrequentDinerKBVIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been going to Terracotta for years and it has never disappointed. The decor is nice, the food is great and the staff is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night!SpiceGirl6Dined on 9/18/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Café Terracotta, and were not disappointed! From the hostess to our server we were greeted and congratulated. Then came the food... every bite was a flavor explosion! From the spinach and strawberry salad, to the hangar steak and the chicken wellington - each plate was thoughtfully created and flawlessly executed. We couldn't pass up the chance to taste dessert, and their crème brulee and Nanaimo bars didn't disappoint! Thank you, Café Terracotta for a memorable evening, and thank you Chef Tyler for coming out to greet us and seeing that every bite was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BugeaterDined on 9/13/2014Great food & outstanding service are consistent attributes of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice find in LittletonOneWorldDined on 9/5/2014Imaginative and delicious menu is served in old house setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back...James751VIPDined on 9/5/2014Took two business associates to dinner, my first time, their second. They warned me of the noise levels and their opinion of the food (mediocre). The food doesn't measure up to mediocre...it was poor. The noise level off the brick walls is deafening (guys, buy some accoustic panels or hang something to muffle the din)...back to the food...two of us had the flounder special with herb risotto. Fish was very greasy and the risotto bland like Cream of Wheat cereal. The Walleye seemed to be ok and the Brussels sprouts appetizer was good...ergo two stars...sorry, but I read these reviews and based my booking on the seemingly good ones...buyer beware!
- very nice eveningdrdaveDined on 9/4/2014i have eaten here many times. this night was a little rainy and we sat comfortably on the beautiful porch. It was a quiet night for them, so it was especially nice for us. my only disappointment was they have taken their salmon off the menu though it was still on their website. They have a well selected wine list that should have something for everyone. The food is always quite good and fresh. We are fortunate to live in the immediate area and have this gem so close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Terra CottaRockyDined on 8/30/2014First time for dinner. We've enjoyed brunch several times previously. Ate outdoors. Very pleasant. An easy recommendation.Special Features:
- Great time!CarolSueDined on 8/27/2014We met with two other couples on a Wednesday night. Food was great as well as was the service. We'll surely come back again!Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014We do not go out to eat often and this was a treat for us! We had not been here before, but someone recommended it to us. Great ambiance in an old Littleton house on a quiet street. Food was amazing, melted in your mouth, great presentation. I had the chicken wellington and my husband the hangar steak. Great staff. We were there on a weeknight, so could have been calm compared to weekend. It was a rainy night, so no eating outside, but had lots of outside seating, on the huge front porch or in the garden area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.