Cafe Terra Cotta
5649 S. Curtice Street
Littleton, CO 80120Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Terra Cotta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeterracottalittleton.com/
- Phone: 3037946054x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy Read
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Exclusive Restaurant Seatings Available for groups of 20 or more. Call for pricing and description
- Private Party Contact: Levi Pike 3037946054x
A word from Cafe Terra Cotta
Picture yourself dining at one of the most unique hidden jewels of all South Metro. Join us in the elegant yet historic Louthan house in Old Downtown Littleton. Here you will experience a carefully hand picked wine list, a diverse breakfast and lunch menu with a Southwestern flare, and dinner experience that will not soon be forgotten. We look forward to serving you with our best in the near future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Terra Cotta - Best Restaurants in Littleton ›
Cafe Terra Cotta reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)great for outdoor dining (71)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (48)romantic (38)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (19)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/27/2014Everything was fantastic from the quaint booth to our sommelier waiter to every entree prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful evening at Terra Cotta. The food was great, service was great. I would highly recommend it for a date night celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet neighborhood gemDaveDined on 9/27/2014Delicious food, nice atmosphere and good service, overall a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Things Have Slipped A BitSteakStarvedDined on 9/27/2014With several visits since Spring, we've noticed some negative effects since an apparent change in ownership. While mostly attentive, service seems to be more in your face, with servers rushing through the inside dining area to reach the front porch and gardens. Menu selections have continued to diminish, offering a mix of old and new, but with old favorites missing. That said, food quality remains relatively high. However, the calamari special was extremely dry on the outside. One unforgivable mistake early on a recent Saturday evening was that the unavailability of the trademark white sardines on the Caesar salad. What?!!? And, the dessert dispaly case at the entry has regrettably given way to wine storage.former anticipation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food was fantastic, wine list was great, and the patio was lovely. This was my third time here and Cafe Terra Cotta never fails to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pip333VIPDined on 9/22/2014We loved the ambience and the menu looked great. Loved my Brussels sprout appetizer and the spaghetti squash and shrimp main course. Levi was very helpful in recommending a wine. Our only complaint was too much food!! I hated to leave food on my plate. But next time we will know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be betterSydBeeDined on 9/22/2014If 10 stars were possible, even that would be too few. My husband and I went for a date night. It was our first time here, but it will definitely not be our last. We were immediately greeted by the owner who treated us royally. Monica, our server, was also exceptional. The dinner was amazing, as was Monica's wine recommendation. We enjoyed a wonderful, romantic evening dining outside of this picturesque restaurant. The entire staff was helpful and courteous. Without a doubt, one of our best dining experiences...can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kentDined on 9/20/2014The food is always great and one of our favorite dinning experiences in downtown LittletonSpecial Features:
- Didn't live up to its reputationmnance74Dined on 9/19/2014A beautiful outdoor porch setting. Parking was a real challenge. Whole street looks to be converted from a residential street and traffic and parking, though not noisy, is difficult to negotiate. Service recovered well after an initial difficulty getting drink order straight. Restaurant seems vey "chef" proud, even announcing his name at the bottom welcoming all to the restaurant. So to have wait staff tell tables at 6pm that the chef is still trying to "come up with something" as a special was surprising. Main entrees were good. Caesar salad was very oily and relied entirely on an abundance of anchovy fillets (like 6 of them) for flavor. Completely overwhelmed the salad. Mixed salad was good. Dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Always great!FrequentDinerKBVIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been going to Terracotta for years and it has never disappointed. The decor is nice, the food is great and the staff is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night!SpiceGirl6Dined on 9/18/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Café Terracotta, and were not disappointed! From the hostess to our server we were greeted and congratulated. Then came the food... every bite was a flavor explosion! From the spinach and strawberry salad, to the hangar steak and the chicken wellington - each plate was thoughtfully created and flawlessly executed. We couldn't pass up the chance to taste dessert, and their crème brulee and Nanaimo bars didn't disappoint! Thank you, Café Terracotta for a memorable evening, and thank you Chef Tyler for coming out to greet us and seeing that every bite was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BugeaterDined on 9/13/2014Great food & outstanding service are consistent attributes of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice find in LittletonOneWorldDined on 9/5/2014Imaginative and delicious menu is served in old house setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back...James751VIPDined on 9/5/2014Took two business associates to dinner, my first time, their second. They warned me of the noise levels and their opinion of the food (mediocre). The food doesn't measure up to mediocre...it was poor. The noise level off the brick walls is deafening (guys, buy some accoustic panels or hang something to muffle the din)...back to the food...two of us had the flounder special with herb risotto. Fish was very greasy and the risotto bland like Cream of Wheat cereal. The Walleye seemed to be ok and the Brussels sprouts appetizer was good...ergo two stars...sorry, but I read these reviews and based my booking on the seemingly good ones...buyer beware!
- very nice eveningdrdaveDined on 9/4/2014i have eaten here many times. this night was a little rainy and we sat comfortably on the beautiful porch. It was a quiet night for them, so it was especially nice for us. my only disappointment was they have taken their salmon off the menu though it was still on their website. They have a well selected wine list that should have something for everyone. The food is always quite good and fresh. We are fortunate to live in the immediate area and have this gem so close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Terra CottaRockyDined on 8/30/2014First time for dinner. We've enjoyed brunch several times previously. Ate outdoors. Very pleasant. An easy recommendation.Special Features:
- Great time!CarolSueDined on 8/27/2014We met with two other couples on a Wednesday night. Food was great as well as was the service. We'll surely come back again!Special Features:
- my2centsbluemaxDined on 8/26/2014The food was absolutely great, the atmosphere was great, however the noise level was high. It was not particularly busy but very noisy. Our waiter seemed to be more occupied with being the bar tender than being our waiter, fortunately the waitress handling the table next to us kept our drinks refilled. The feel was very relaxed and the Walleye was very tasty. We will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014We do not go out to eat often and this was a treat for us! We had not been here before, but someone recommended it to us. Great ambiance in an old Littleton house on a quiet street. Food was amazing, melted in your mouth, great presentation. I had the chicken wellington and my husband the hangar steak. Great staff. We were there on a weeknight, so could have been calm compared to weekend. It was a rainy night, so no eating outside, but had lots of outside seating, on the huge front porch or in the garden area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightakazooeyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent as always. Service was wonderful. We were never rushed. Thank you for a wonderful experience on the rare-occasion date night!Special Features:
- Food ok could be betterFudnsvcmatterDined on 8/23/2014Service lacking. Waiter seemed to be flying solo so I'll give him that. But if he had explained that to me, I'd be more forgiving. Not attentive and not engaged with our table but more so with others so the discriminate attentiveness was verbdisappointing. Also, this is tomato season. No reason to be serving hard underripe heirlooms in your caper se Mexicano! Will think twice about returning as prices are comparable to downtown without the wow.Special Features:
- LilyDined on 8/23/2014Cafe Terra Cotta is always a good place to go for a meal. The food is different and good.Special Features:
- Very bad experienceFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014The food was cold. The duck was tough and dry with burnt corn salsa. The waiter never came to check on our food after it was delivered and he smelled heavily of alcohol. When I made the reservation I told them it was for our son's birthday. They never even acknowledged it. I will never go back because it was a complete waste of money and really made a special occasion unpleasant. I emailed the owners to let them know about the bad experience and they never responded.
- WilelyoneDined on 8/16/2014Can't believe this gem has been open for 7 years and we just found it! Monica was our waitress and she made us feel right at home. Service was prompt and with a delightful smile. Having moved from the Great Lakes many years ago we just had to have the Mackerel and it was outstanding. Will definately return...with friends.Special Features:
- Cafe Terracotta is not what it wasDinesoutalotDined on 8/15/2014We've been loyal semi-regulars to Café Terra Cotta for the past 5 years or so. Until 1-2 years ago it's been a great neighborhood place to go for a nice change of pace with a short yet interesting menu, good wine list and delicious meals. As Café Terracotta has become more popular however, we've noticed the range and quality of the meals has declined and the food seems more bland. It's also extremely noisy inside ("energetic" = noisy), so very difficult to carry on a conversation with others in your group. That said, the wait-staff continues to be very friendly and attentive. We hope our more recent experiences are a temporary blip as Café terracotta offers great potential for a gourmet experience in a friendly neighborhood environment.
- Dr. Mark KinardmarkkDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful evening, the portions were substantial; 3 of us had Walleye. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Good for brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Been here for brunch...and now, dinner. Prefer the brunch. Dining experience for dinner was good but not great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food but very loud--we have been here before, but the night we came was exceptionally noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had great service and the best possible table on the outdoor deck. A very attentive waiter, good wine - but sort of so-so food. Some of us had a very good meal and others not so good. (fish overcooked, bland rice dish). We would lover to go back, but there are so many other options now that it may not happen.Special Features:
- great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014my wife and I went on a dinner date here and loved it ! fantastic food (lots of gluten free options), very reasonable prices, wonderful service. we couldn't have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dynamite dinnermilehighdinnerdudeDined on 7/29/2014What a wonderful experience at CTC. A varied menu featuring classic food combinations with intriguing spice mixtures. The lamb was superb and remarkably filling while the barramundi fish and chips hit the spot. A really cool dessert plate featured a chocolate walnut and coconut gauche as well as a peanut butter cream pie with a peanut butter dust. What a cool dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Everything was outstanding, did not take long for my food to arrive :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DisappointedDinerDined on 7/18/2014Love this place & always make it out special occasion place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taste bud sensation!lovinlifeDined on 7/18/2014The food was amazing. Every attention to culinary detail was made, right down to the oil dip for the fresh warm bread. The service was f flawless with a relaxed feel. Best date night with my husband ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brd86Dined on 7/15/2014Always enjoy eating here. Great food with a unique mix of flavors and creativity. Service is always great - a lost item in most dining experiences today. Lacking a little on the wine side, but acceptable selections are available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Wonderful menu with some unusual combinations and a fantastic wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous meal, wonderful servicerkpackDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner here, complete with the brussel sprout appetizers (which you must try to believe!), fabulous salad and wonderful fish entree. Menu changes often, but I wouldn't hesitate to return, whether for the same sampling or all new choices. Service was great although they got an unexpected rush, so a couple of minor errors on my order, which were attended to and remedied immediately. Made of our everyday meal a truly special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findGlendaDined on 7/8/2014We had an early dinner and the food was great and the service friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & AmbienceEatingOutIsSpecialDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. I had the lamb chops with sweet potato and kale. The food was great. We ate inside the old house, and that was very disappointing. The entire interior had been gutted and turned into one large room. Every table had a very clear view of the kitchen, which I found most unpleasant. There are other restaurants in the Denver metro area that also have great food, and I would choose one of those way before returning to Cafe Terra Cotta. I don't like eating a nice meal in view of an industrial kitchen.Special Features:
- Very pleasant dinner!LalaDined on 7/2/2014Everything was great except for a minor issue with overly rare lamb which we sent back. The issue was remedied. The meat came back out perfectly and the chef gave new sides which had obviously gone cold in the wait. All in all, great dinner.Special Features: