8459 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.japaneserestaurantinfo.com/cafesushi/
- Phone: (323) 651-4020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hiroya Sugano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: One Block East of La Cienega on Beverly
- Public Transit: Beverly /La Cienega
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Cafe Sushi has some parking spots offered on in the lot off of Alfred Street during the day. After 5:30 Valet parking is available. Both day and night there is street parking on Beverly Blvd.
A word from Cafe Sushi
Cafe Sushi has stood the test of time in it's Beverly Hills location for 29 years. Warm and friendly atmosphere inside with consistently great dishes that leave you wondering when will be the next time you'll visit again. Quality of the fish and ingredients used are our top priority and well as excellent customer service. We offer a wide variety of options in fresh fish and unique delicious rolls. There are also many options for the land lovers so there is something great for everyone. Inside you have a choice of sitting at a comfy booth, table or sitting at the Sushi Bar and getting up close and personal with your sushi. Open nice and late till 12:00am Sunday through Thursday and till 1:00am on Friday and Saturday. A great place to take a date or bring a bunch of friends. We strive for you to have a wonderful and satisfying experience every time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance1.7Noise LevelModerate
- Ok, not greatGreatVIPDined on 9/16/2014The sushi was just ok, certainly not great. The waiter chewed gum the entire time he was serving us and the staff spoke loudly to each other, in Spanish, the entire time we were there. Not very professional on their part.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Cafe Sushi reviews archive.
- When we came in, I let theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014When we came in, I let the hostess know we had reservations but she never even looked at the book. I want to make sure that I did get credit for eating there. Thank you!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceLasushimanDined on 2/14/2014You know a restaurants service is gonna be miserable when the server walks up to your table and says "'sum thin to drink?"
- Average foodLuv2DineDined on 9/21/2013The service at this restaurant was very good. The staff came back to the table often to check on us to see how things were and to see what else we wanted to eat or needed. The food at this restaurant was average. None of the food I ordered and had was exceptional. The portions of the food served were adequate.
- 2 timesVinzDined on 8/18/2013The food is not standard japanese food and it was worth to me to go twice in this placeSpecial Features:
- Atmosphere could be betterChengVIPDined on 8/5/2013Food is mediocre here and the atmosphere is worse. It has potential if they fix the dead atmosphere (especially for those sitting in the very back.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushi!biscuittVIPDined on 8/2/2013i love cafe sushi. they always have yummy and creative sushi. i ate way too much as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the lobster roll, shrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2013We had the lobster roll, shrimp tempura, chicken yakitori and filet mignon appetizer, with a side of rice, and all exceeded expectations. The décor could use some reworking, but otherwise, this was a great spot!Special Features:
- An Excellent Experience!ebtdadVIPDined on 6/8/2013Go! You'll enjoy the food and service! But, even more, you will be charmed by the manager's kindness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wasn't impressed. I cameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2013I wasn't impressed. I came to LA looking for great sushi, but I have had much better in other cities.
- Great fresh and satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2013Great fresh and satisfying sushi at an affordable price. Loved the spicy tuna rice patties (filling) and the crunchy crab meat appetizer (so fresh!).Special Features:
- We were stuck in traffic andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We were stuck in traffic and arrive well past our reservation time but the restaurant had no issue and seated us right away, even though it was on valentine's. The service was excellent and they were able to accommodate every dietary request we had. Food came out quickly and in succession. Overall very good and I would come back if I'm ever in this area.Special Features:
- Great menu, original, varied,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013Great menu, original, varied, and fresh. Best sushi at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Love that they have such uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Love that they have such unique sushi items including rolls with pumpkin or filet mignon which I have not seen done before. Great find, will definitely go back again
- I love this place. It's greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/1/2012I love this place. It's great for a casual, good quality meal. They have live ebi and abalone. The uni, mackerel and giant clam is always fresh and they have real wasabi if you ask for it. You expect it at Matsuhisa or Nobu but it's rare everywhere else in L.A.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/13/2012Great food, great service and within walking distance of my home - even better!Special Features:
- been there 10 times but thisbiscuittVIPDined on 3/1/2012been there 10 times but this was the best! sat at the bar. was quick and fun!Special Features:
- The food was delicious, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food was delicious, especially their spicy albacore on crispy rice. However, the service was absolutely awful. I was really shocked that it took over a half hour just to get to check, which is only including the time after I asked for it, not the time it took after we were done. Nobody came and checked on us to see if we wanted anything else or to see if the food was good. I was so disappointed that although the food was good, I will never return.
- Nice place for a casual familyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2012Nice place for a casual family dinner. Lots of choices for a vegetarian and their rice is incredible! My favorite is the string beans in miso paste.Special Features:
- nothing special to write homeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/1/2012nothing special to write home about....It was new year's day and one of the only places opened. I felt it was a bit overpriced.
- Absolutely LOVE the spicyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2011Absolutely LOVE the spicy tuna on crispy brown rice - addictive!Special Features:
- The food has always been greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011The food has always been great at Cafe Sushi and reasonably priced. A little more towards the pricey side, but if the food and ambience are right, people pay a little more. I've been going to Cafe Sushi for decades, but not as much recently as I don't live in the area any longer. However, now that I've been back, I see myself going there again. I forgot just how good everything was and the service was wonderful - friendly, quick, pleasant.Special Features:
- Solid, longtime neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/12/2011Solid, longtime neighborhood restaurant. A few new additions and an extended vegetarian menu update the menu. Copious portions, so order judiciously!
- Nice restaurant, friendlyeaterouterVIPDined on 7/30/2011Nice restaurant, friendly wait staff, good food, realistically priced.