349 RT 9 South
Manalapan, NJ 07726Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafespezia.com/
- Phone: 7328517700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 330pm
Monday - Thursday: 330pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 330pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 12pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Logan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Sinatra nights check website
A word from Cafe Spezia
At Café Spezia we bring you the same wonderful experiences we grew upon: from our warm Italian hospitality, to the authentic aromas in our kitchen; to our flavorful, homemade recipes straight from Italy. Cafe Spezia offers a Gluten Free, Menu Italian and Lite Menu that caters to your dietary needs. Spezia offers House made pastas, whole wheat and Gluten free Pastas.Continued
We offer in house and outside catering for all occassions . our party room can accommodate up to 65 people.
We offer in house and outside catering for all occassions . our party room can accommodate up to 65 people.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Spezia reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently excellent!LuvnycDined on 10/11/2014Excellent service, delicious made to order food and cozy atmosphere. This is our favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite PlacebizzyVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our favorite place because we always know that we are going to get a great meal and terrific service. It was just redone, and is even nicer. Bring a bottle of wine so you can relax and dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/11/2014Nice, intimate in size, good food and service for a small neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceDLT1Dined on 8/17/2014A nice little neighborhood place to get a good meal without all the frills and fanfare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodwineanddineVIPDined on 8/14/2014Nice little restaurant with very good food. I enjoyed the freshly prepared soup (pasta e fagioli) and a very good entrée (the gnocchi Bolognese). Ambience is fairly plain with a potential for noise: 4 women a couple of tables down were prone to loud laughing and even singing a line or two to the Sinatra loop. Not a gourmet Italian menu, but straightforward traditional cooking. In all, a pretty good place for a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SifanDined on 7/31/2014It was a great night. the food choices that were served didn't blend. Tomato sauce and lemon with capers. Maybe the fish should have been a choice with potatoes. Some tables asked for more pasta...it was a great sauce.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Cafe Spezia reviews archive.
- Favorite hometown restaurantbizzyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten here at least a dozen times, and have loved it each time. This time we ate here on a Sunday. It's much quieter than we like on a Sunday evening (it was early, however). I like a more crowded place. We were celebrating a birthday, and we had a wonderful dinner. We ordered a couple dinners with specific differences from the menu and all our requests were met.Special Features:
- Food is consistently greatMishDined on 5/31/2014I have come here several times for dinner and the food is consistently great. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findgz927Dined on 5/3/2014What a great surprise Cafe Spezia turned out to be. Outstanding food and service. This little gem is now on the top of my dining out list.Its a small place, lets call it cozy and the noise level is a little up there but who cares? From soup to dessert every dish was superb. I also like the way the owner kept going from table to table to make sure everything was OK. He made you feel very welcome. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2014I wanted to try something new in my neighborhood. Needless to say this was a vey good one for my family and I. We all enjoyed the service which was outstanding. The food was very good also. I will go back and keep this restaurant in my files. My kids 26, 18 and 16 all enjoyed it. My 26 year old son is into body building and is very particular about what he eats and how its prepared. Needless to say they were very accommodating to his needs with no hesitation. He was so pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karlVIPDined on 4/18/2014Charming, small seating area but food was great and service was excellant!Special Features:
- Our FavoritebizzyVIPDined on 4/5/2014We love this place and brought our friends here, and they loved it. My friend is very picky, and she said it was awesome. She and her husband loved it so much that we didn't want to leave, but the restaurant was closing at 9:30! that was the only downfall to our evening. We wanted to stay and sit and talk longer,but we were the last ones to leave. We sat at 7:00, but wanted to just dine longer. We did have dessert and coffee, so we just wanted to enjoy out evening.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Lobsterfoodcritic732Dined on 3/15/2014Food was very good. Lobster Bolognese was different and very good as was the pear salad. Would come back again in warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodHate2cookDined on 3/1/2014We've eaten here several times and the food is always good; the service always attentive. We did have to wait a bit past our reserved time, but nothing excessive for a Saturday night. We dine out a few time a week,and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Glad we took the chanceLisaSVIPDined on 2/16/2014Cafe Spezia is the reason why we love Open Table....we had a great meal from a restaurant that would never know about.....the food came to the table hot and were presented wonderfully. We will take the hour drive again to have a meal here....the clams hubby had were delicious and I had the Gorgonzola salad it was HUGE I took half home with me it was delicious also with the raspberry dressing.....hubby had veal parm and I had chicken nan both were delish...! We will be visiting again and probably bring people with us....it's also a BYOB it's nice to bring a few different things you know you love. Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good local restauranthappydinerDined on 2/1/2014Great menu selections, large portions, very good service. Restaurant is small and crowded, but if it was larger, it would lose its authentic flavor. Entrees were probably enough for two to share - we were a party of 5 and we all brought food home. Don't go there if you expect a quiet, romantic evening - but for very good, reasonably priced Italian food, it's the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for TwoBobTDined on 1/24/2014I had been to this restaurant in early December and loved it. We had had four courses and everything was just excellent. It was a very pleasant surprise at the time. Gave it another try last Friday with two other couples and mostly different courses and it was once again outstanding. The food is the main attraction. In a geographic area with numerous good BYOB Italian restaurants, this may be the best. It's always great to find a restaurant that you like a lot. It's even better when you can count on having the same experience each time you visit. Cafe Spezia is now "two for two". I look forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but not a great setupmarkDined on 1/20/2014the front door opens up into restaurant, so if its cold a rush of cold air comes in and gets place cold. if you are sitting at table by the door you are going to need to wear a jacket on cold daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsmikelikesDined on 1/6/2014The food,service and family atmosphere are 5 star. From the fresh bread accompanied by the flavored oil with the sauce and bruschetta on the table we new we were in for a treat. The baked clams and shrimp Chelsea were excellent. The Spezia salad with fresh and enough for 2. The salmon was prepared perfect and the house made pasta with bolgnese sauce was delicious. The service was attentive and yet not over bearing.the restaurant is BYOB and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homemade tasteILikeToEatDined on 12/21/2013Great food, tastes like it was homemade! A hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a winner!!leedee33Dined on 12/20/2013We just had another wonderfull meal at cafe spezia. Salads and entrees were amazing. Fresh ingredients, made to order. Portions are quite large. Almost everyone took leftovers home. Reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerbizzyVIPDined on 12/7/2013Although this restaurant has been around for a while, we never tried it until this past weekend. We are sorry that we waited so long. This was the best meal we have had in years in this area; it is as good as any excellent restaurant in Little Italy. Our waiter was excellent, and we cannot wait to go back. The only not great thing is that it is small, and the tables are close. We don't mind that, but some people do. We call it cozy.Special Features:
- Happy with Cafe SpeziaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2013I was unhappy with Open Table that they never notified Cafe Spezia about our reservation of a party of 6, one whom was celebrating a birthday. Cafe Spezia, thankfully, was able to accommodate us and make the birthday person feel special. We particularly enjoyed the flexibility of ordering family style for appetizers, salad and pasta, and then each ordered our own entree's. The Cesar salad was tasty but a bit too salty. The gnocchi bolagnese was excellent as was my Chicken Nan. My entree was also delicious the next day as leftovers! I would go back but would be careful about making reservations through Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a surprisereservationqueenDined on 8/8/2013Great dinner in a local joint! Restaurant is decorated nicely. Went with a family of 10, sat a long table. Dishes can be served individually or family style. Family style plates were enough for 4 hungry people. Sauces were delicious. Cannolis for dessert were a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends. It is a small restaurant in a strip mall. The host and servers were very pleasant. They called us by our surname which made us feel special. We had the mussels for an appetizer, veal chop which was cooked perfectly and the shrimp and scallope special - so good. For dessert we had a chocolate mousse cake that was delicious. We will definetly return.Special Features: