Cafe Sole - Key West
1029 Southard St.
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Sole - Key West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafesole.com/
- Phone: 305 294-0230
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: In Season: Sunday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: In Season: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, European
- Executive Chef: John Correa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Cafe Sole - Key West
Café Solé has captured the hearts and palates of locals and visitors lucky enough to discover this culinary gem off the beaten path. By combining his French mastery of sauces with fresh locally caught seafood, John has created a menu unlike any on the island, where every dish is bursting with indescribable flavors. Mutton snapper in pesto and champagne, yellowtail in a beurre blanc of lobster or a rare hog snapper with red pepper zabaglione top a list of nightly specials. As for the classics, the Duck a L'Orange, Rack of Lamb with herb de Province and Lobster Bouillaise are as authentic as you will find this side of Paris. Chef Correa combines the best of both of his worlds, European and Caribbean to win the People's Choice and Best Entree awards at a recent Master Chefs ClassicContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Sole - Key West - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Cafe Sole - Key West reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (49)romantic (46)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (40)notable wine list (28)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceMKSHDined on 8/28/2014Try the hog snapper or the rack of lambs. Request Lucas as your server great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Sandiand3Dined on 8/26/2014Try the portobello soup and the hog fish. I don't think you can go wrong with anything to be honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST KEY LIME PIE IN FLORIDACasejonDined on 8/25/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times but have always ordered their key lime pies for take out for holidays and special occasions. The Key lime pie is topped with marshmallow cream...the tart key lime and the sweet marshmallow cream is just perfect! I ordered a pasta and the waiter suggested the hogfish snapper, he said I would not b disappointed. He was correct! Three nights later, we dined again for the hogfish snapper.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014So good we returned for a second dinner during our four day stay. This is one you will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotlifeloverDined on 8/23/2014It was my first time at Cafe Sole. Both food and service were excellent!!! Cannot wait to visit this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningJavierVIPDined on 8/20/2014The hostess, Susan, is most welcoming and open to individual requests. The food is excellent across the entire menu. I especially enjoy the house specialty, hogfish. The waiters are attentive and always keep the water glass filled throughout the entire meal. This restaurant, while popular with the locals (like me) is an excellent "Key West" atmosphere for tourists. Any visit to the island would be incomplete without a dinner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DbraDbraVIPDined on 8/17/2014It was a hot weekend in Key West so outdoor dining was a bit uncomfortable. I don't think it was much cooler inside though. Hogfish was as good as advertised. Will definitely return. Off the beaten path and away from the carnival atmosphere of Duval.Special Features:
- wonderful!karinDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten here twice now, and each time it has been a delightful gastronomical experience. First time we had the lobster special. One of the best meals we have ever had. Second time we had the Hog fish dinner that they are known for. The fish was delightful and full of flavor. We will make this a regular place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Went for the lobster special which they were out of by 6:20 on a Weds. Now in a down mood , the other choices were so good that I forgave them and would gladly return. Place was packed even on an early weekday . Seafood choices will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!liz33VIPDined on 8/11/2014always have loved this place. went for my birthday with friends from out of town, their first time, and they loved it, too. I know they will recommend it to their friends that visit Key West. They have a wonderful selection of apps, salads, and soups. Entrees, too. Must check out their new place "Bistro Sole" when they reopen in October.Special Features:
- Always deliciousfireflyDined on 8/9/2014I have been going to this restaurant for 15 years. Service is impeccable and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknown Little Neighborhood GemKWeataroundDined on 8/6/2014Café Sole is one of those quaint little gems that are rare and hard to find but when you do you will go back to over and over. The outdoor dining is lovely and quirky at the same time(look up and you will see a Star Wars movie tarp which acts as the roofs cover). Indoor seating is limited but very cozy. Service is second to none and the food is fantastic - don't miss out on their Key Lime Pie for desert either.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!EDKWDined on 8/4/2014Cafe Sole is a consistently excellent dining experience and clearly ranks with the very best of Key West's restaurants. This was probably the eighth time we've eaten there, and may have been the absolute best meal we've had to date. I had the French onion soup to start; it was as good as any I've had in France. My entree was the Duck L'Orange - perfectly cooked and seasoned and a true delight for someone who normally would pick anything but duck! My wife had the skirt steak special and raved over it. Their wine list has excellent variety and is fairly priced; we took advantage of the wines by the glass special. Ambiance is cosy, romantic. Service was impeccable - attentive but not intrusive, professional and friendly. Kudos!Special Features:
- Great food, perfectly preparedkeywestpattymcgDined on 7/31/2014We love eating at Café Sole! The intimate atmosphere lends to the extremely attentive service for a wonderful dining experience. Michael, our waiter, was superb! His helpers also could not do enough for us. And the food! I had hogfish pan fried perfectly! My husband had the duck l'orange...a memorable meal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable atmosphereAndyDined on 7/26/2014The hostess greeted us with huge smile. She assigned us to the table in better spot to meet our preference. The food were delicious and cooked with soul. The waiter Lucas checked on us often and met our needs. The restaurant appeared quaint and historic. Perfect place for people who enjoy local restaurant's character.Special Features:
- Fabulous owner ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Very small and cute but do NOT sit outside in the summer. I only seats about 20 and most are in the patio outside. No space for romantic anything!Special Features:
- Cafe SolesatisfiedfoodieDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is off the beaten path, but worth the short trek for the incredible food. My husband and I loved the romantic ambiance. The food was delicious and there was a wide selection of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIEUVIPDined on 7/13/2014Excellent food and attentive service. Tables are a bit crowded together, but not a real problem. Menu is pricey, but 50% off between 5 and 7 PM and all evening Sunday and Monday. Daily specials are excluded, but that discount makes it a very attractive deal. That's when to go. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Get the HogfishJEckDined on 7/8/2014I've eaten here 5 times and had the hogfish every time. No hyperbole here, it's simply the best thing I've ever eaten in my life and was consistently outstanding every time I had it.Special Features:
- I Don't Always Give 5 StarsTheWindyCityVIPDined on 7/7/2014...but when I do, it must be really exceptional! We visited Café Sole on multiple recommendations from new acquaintances we met in Key West. The service is attentive and well-balanced. The server, Michael, made very knowledgeable and descriptive recommendations. We had two appetizers of Tuna Tartare, and Conch Carpaccio, and they were outstanding! The signature entrée - Hogfish Snapper, is not to be missed. So buttery and perfectly cooked. The sides a florally season rice were also notable. The Key Lime pie was delicious, but we are not a big fan of the merengue style, preferring whipped cream as a topping. Go and enjoy! Sundays and Mondays they will give you 50% off of your bill. What a great surprise that was!!Special Features:
- One of our favorites.Hawk78Dined on 7/5/2014Whenever we're in Key West this is our must-do. The place has charm, the service is perfect, and the Hog Snapper is incredible. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritealexkennedydDined on 7/5/2014Cafe Sole is our go-to spot for special events, this time was my boyfriend's birthday. They made the evening a real treat - food was fantastic, service great as usual, and they even surprised us all with a Key Lime Pie piece with a candle and birthday music. We will continue to look forward to special occasions so we can return to our favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!CardsDined on 7/5/2014Hogfish snapper was incredible. Also steak Diane which is no longer on the menu but availible was fantastic. Starting July 7th after 5pm all menu items Monday/Sunday pm 50% off is a stealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute best food in Key West.ClubmedDined on 7/3/2014Best restauraunt in the Keys. The Hogfish dish is literally the best dish I've ever eaten anywhere in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014In a word - delightful. Charming staff. Great food. It was very quaint and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv the hog snapperRonboDined on 6/29/2014Went to this local neighborhood restaurant and was delighted with our meal of buttery hog snapper with the perfect wine recommended by our waiter. Quaint indoor and outdoor dining. Excellent service with a nice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningbeachbumDined on 6/29/2014Great restaurant. The chefs Hog Snapper dish is not to be missed. We were a table of 4 and everyone had a different appetizer and dinner and everything was delicious. My only hang up with upscale restaurants is having to claim your meal when you are served. A good server does not allow the bus boy to deliver the food and they should place what you ordered in front of you, you should not have to claim it.Special Features:
- BEST THING I EVER ATEJEckDined on 6/19/2014I've eaten fish all over the world, but have never had anything quite like their signature dish - the hogfish snapper. i've eaten here 5 times since moving to key west and just can't bring myself to order anything else. it's absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- Off the Beaten PathDenverdiners2Dined on 6/7/2014Several blocks away from any other restaurant or any other commercial building, the food was outstanding with excellent service. The bulk of the seating is on a side patio, which can be warm in the Key West heat. Great for couples.Special Features:
- Fantastic!DHillVIPDined on 6/4/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Sole. Key West is blessed with many fine restaurants, but we think this is one of the very best! The restaurant is celebrating 19 or 20 years in business so all entrees were just $20.00. We had the Hogfish Snapper and it was delicious. The salads and appetizers were great as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- JudiDined on 6/3/2014Great dining experience. The food was great and our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Always goodrobertDined on 5/31/2014We have been many times over the years, and the restaurant never disappoints. The hogfish was the best we have had, cooked to perfection and obviously fresh. Service was just right. Wine list pairs well with the menu and the markups are not horrific. Cafe sole remains on our "A" list for Key West dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liz33VIPDined on 5/27/2014Cafe sole is a "must" if you haven't been. I dine there regularly, never dissapointed. Food is consistent, one of the hardest things to do if you own a restaurant. Be sure and try their new "Bistro Sole" on White St. New favorite, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really quite lovely!Dine4todayDined on 5/27/2014We go to Key West every year but this was the first time at Cafe Sole. I had read about it many times and it got great reviews. We were not disappointed. FAB food and excellent service! Waiter was the wonderful especially with wine suggestion. Hogfish is excellent. Loved the beet salad and onion soup apps! We shouldn't have waited so long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Ole!NYCdineDined on 5/20/2014Wonderful evening with fabulous food! The recommendations of wine and food parings excellent.Special Features:
- Hidden gem....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014Off the beaten path and noise if Duval Street, Cafe Sole is an oasis! Attentive servers, delicious seafood and a cozy atmosphere - it was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceWard0924Dined on 5/17/2014Service was outstanding as was the food. The hog snapper was amazingly fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Local seafood with amazing presentation This restaurant has impeccable service and outside seating in a quiet environment. We were pleased with our entrées, I would recommend the hog snapper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysilikefoodDined on 5/14/2014If you're in the Keys, especially Key West, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't eat at least one meal at Cafe Sole. Place is phenomenal and has never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great foodSuzyqDined on 5/7/2014Great as always! Hog snapper was excellent! My company voted it best restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.