Cafe Sole - Key West
1029 Southard St.
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Sole - Key West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafesole.com/
- Phone: 305 294-0230
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: In Season: Sunday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: In Season: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, European
- Executive Chef: John Correa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Cafe Sole - Key West
Café Solé has captured the hearts and palates of locals and visitors lucky enough to discover this culinary gem off the beaten path. By combining his French mastery of sauces with fresh locally caught seafood, John has created a menu unlike any on the island, where every dish is bursting with indescribable flavors. Mutton snapper in pesto and champagne, yellowtail in a beurre blanc of lobster or a rare hog snapper with red pepper zabaglione top a list of nightly specials. As for the classics, the Duck a L'Orange, Rack of Lamb with herb de Province and Lobster Bouillaise are as authentic as you will find this side of Paris. Chef Correa combines the best of both of his worlds, European and Caribbean to win the People's Choice and Best Entree awards at a recent Master Chefs ClassicContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Sole - Key West - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Cafe Sole - Key West reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (51)romantic (45)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (41)notable wine list (26)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Key West Restaurantsailor78Dined on 10/22/2014As always, everything was great. The wine list was also extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David from Ft LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was a great experience all the way around. Only wish this restaurant was closer to my home. Key West best dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is still fantastic!KWgirl25VIPDined on 10/2/2014Café Sole has always been a favorite of mine for at least 15 years. I have taken many friends and family over the years. It's small, quaint, wonderful menu & the food is the best. I did find this time that service is a bit snooty. And living here for almost 25 years, I would rather be treated as a welcome friend, then an inexperienced diner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- prize in a sea of mediocritystrandstDined on 10/1/2014every detail is clear and crisp the service is excellent and invisible the food is clean fresh and delectable great wine list obviously good managementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryHungryHippoDined on 9/26/2014Excellent! From the melt in your mouth Conch ceviche, to OMG! This Hogfish is unbelievable! to Bananas foster that was as delicious as it gets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overdelivered!SpikelawVIPDined on 9/26/2014Given that this place has been around for awhile we were braced for an experienced that might be a bit "tire." Not true! The restaurant has that cozy, broken-in-ness that adds to, rather than takes away. The food was unique, especially for KW, and certainly tasted like the chef cared about creations. Servers were good. The owner was on site, was a great guy, and quickly worked to make any good situation great. Wish their bar was bigger.Special Features:
- We Will Go Again...KeysFoodsDined on 9/25/2014I have been to Cafe Sole dozens of times over the past few years and this last time was not a normal experience... It was very busy (every table occupied (even though it is a small restaurant) and there was only 2 servers working. We were waiting for a third person to join us but were pretty much ignored for the first 10minutes and service was rushed... Entrees were half off but we still managed to spend $200 dollars for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and 2 glasses of wine that we're buy one get one free. The tip was also included at 20% which was generous since no one had stellar service for the price because it was so busy.. Anyway food was just above average... Will go back again though just to see if it was a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to Eat in Key WestUMProfDined on 9/19/2014Café Sole features excellent continental cuisine in a cozy setting with attentive but not intrusive service. When we went (September 19) they were offering 50% off all entrees and two-for-one glasses of a limited wine selection (which was quite adequate). My wife and I agreed that the savings were certainly nice but we would not have complained if we had paid full price for the quality of food we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in Key WestregularVIPDined on 9/18/2014Key West in Sept is hot and humid - where do you find a place to cool your palette - Cafe Sole! The Gazpacho was perfect, nice vinegar taste without being too tart & the Conch Carpaccio is like nothing you've ever had - perfect way to start the evening. Followed these with the Blackened Grouper and Duck al'Orange. Both started with a nice crunch through to a perfectly cooked fish or duck - this is how these dishes should be prepared as too often they are tough from overcooking. Finished the night with the Trio - which is a slice of Key Lime Pie, bowl of berries and a bowl of créme brûlée. I don't usually like Key Lime Pie (way too tart & graham cracker tasty) nor créme brûlée but these were great. Wine list is nice & not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCOCOVIPDined on 9/18/2014We hadn't been to Cafe Sole in awhile, we are so glad ww went on a latest trip to Key West. The Hog Snapper is the way to go, so sweet and melts in your mouth. We were celebrating my wifes birthday and they made it very special. Thanks again to the restaurant staff.Special Features:
- A special placeJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014I always make a stop at Cafe Solé when I go to Key West. The owner John has got the equation down just right. Relaxed atmosphere, impeccable menu and service, not noisy but vibrant, and just enough of the KW flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xrayDined on 9/12/2014The best hog snapper I have ever had! Our waiter, Michael, was outstanding!Special Features:
- Good food, not breaking new groundEnjoyFineFoodDined on 9/10/2014There are coupons all over town for Cafe Sole -- usually involving free wine. Hogfish was a little mushy but tasty. Hard to find any leading edge, foodie plates here, but the food won't disappoint. Shaved Conch cerviche made a pretty plate.Special Features:
- One of our Key West Top FourjoeingoodtasteVIPDined on 9/3/2014A foodies delight. They KNOW how to cook Florida lobster. Hog fish to die for.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMKSHVIPDined on 8/28/2014Try the hog snapper or the rack of lambs. Request Lucas as your server great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Sandiand3Dined on 8/26/2014Try the portobello soup and the hog fish. I don't think you can go wrong with anything to be honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST KEY LIME PIE IN FLORIDACasejonDined on 8/25/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times but have always ordered their key lime pies for take out for holidays and special occasions. The Key lime pie is topped with marshmallow cream...the tart key lime and the sweet marshmallow cream is just perfect! I ordered a pasta and the waiter suggested the hogfish snapper, he said I would not b disappointed. He was correct! Three nights later, we dined again for the hogfish snapper.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014So good we returned for a second dinner during our four day stay. This is one you will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotlifeloverDined on 8/23/2014It was my first time at Cafe Sole. Both food and service were excellent!!! Cannot wait to visit this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningJavierVIPDined on 8/20/2014The hostess, Susan, is most welcoming and open to individual requests. The food is excellent across the entire menu. I especially enjoy the house specialty, hogfish. The waiters are attentive and always keep the water glass filled throughout the entire meal. This restaurant, while popular with the locals (like me) is an excellent "Key West" atmosphere for tourists. Any visit to the island would be incomplete without a dinner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DbraDbraVIPDined on 8/17/2014It was a hot weekend in Key West so outdoor dining was a bit uncomfortable. I don't think it was much cooler inside though. Hogfish was as good as advertised. Will definitely return. Off the beaten path and away from the carnival atmosphere of Duval.Special Features:
- wonderful!karinDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten here twice now, and each time it has been a delightful gastronomical experience. First time we had the lobster special. One of the best meals we have ever had. Second time we had the Hog fish dinner that they are known for. The fish was delightful and full of flavor. We will make this a regular place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodSkindrDined on 8/13/2014Went for the lobster special which they were out of by 6:20 on a Weds. Now in a down mood , the other choices were so good that I forgave them and would gladly return. Place was packed even on an early weekday . Seafood choices will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!liz33VIPDined on 8/11/2014always have loved this place. went for my birthday with friends from out of town, their first time, and they loved it, too. I know they will recommend it to their friends that visit Key West. They have a wonderful selection of apps, salads, and soups. Entrees, too. Must check out their new place "Bistro Sole" when they reopen in October.Special Features:
- Always deliciousfireflyDined on 8/9/2014I have been going to this restaurant for 15 years. Service is impeccable and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknown Little Neighborhood GemKWeataroundDined on 8/6/2014Café Sole is one of those quaint little gems that are rare and hard to find but when you do you will go back to over and over. The outdoor dining is lovely and quirky at the same time(look up and you will see a Star Wars movie tarp which acts as the roofs cover). Indoor seating is limited but very cozy. Service is second to none and the food is fantastic - don't miss out on their Key Lime Pie for desert either.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!EDKWDined on 8/4/2014Cafe Sole is a consistently excellent dining experience and clearly ranks with the very best of Key West's restaurants. This was probably the eighth time we've eaten there, and may have been the absolute best meal we've had to date. I had the French onion soup to start; it was as good as any I've had in France. My entree was the Duck L'Orange - perfectly cooked and seasoned and a true delight for someone who normally would pick anything but duck! My wife had the skirt steak special and raved over it. Their wine list has excellent variety and is fairly priced; we took advantage of the wines by the glass special. Ambiance is cosy, romantic. Service was impeccable - attentive but not intrusive, professional and friendly. Kudos!Special Features:
- Great food, perfectly preparedkeywestpattymcgDined on 7/31/2014We love eating at Café Sole! The intimate atmosphere lends to the extremely attentive service for a wonderful dining experience. Michael, our waiter, was superb! His helpers also could not do enough for us. And the food! I had hogfish pan fried perfectly! My husband had the duck l'orange...a memorable meal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable atmosphereAndyDined on 7/26/2014The hostess greeted us with huge smile. She assigned us to the table in better spot to meet our preference. The food were delicious and cooked with soul. The waiter Lucas checked on us often and met our needs. The restaurant appeared quaint and historic. Perfect place for people who enjoy local restaurant's character.Special Features:
- Fabulous owner ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Very small and cute but do NOT sit outside in the summer. I only seats about 20 and most are in the patio outside. No space for romantic anything!Special Features:
- Cafe SolesatisfiedfoodieDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is off the beaten path, but worth the short trek for the incredible food. My husband and I loved the romantic ambiance. The food was delicious and there was a wide selection of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIEUVIPDined on 7/13/2014Excellent food and attentive service. Tables are a bit crowded together, but not a real problem. Menu is pricey, but 50% off between 5 and 7 PM and all evening Sunday and Monday. Daily specials are excluded, but that discount makes it a very attractive deal. That's when to go. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Get the HogfishJEckDined on 7/8/2014I've eaten here 5 times and had the hogfish every time. No hyperbole here, it's simply the best thing I've ever eaten in my life and was consistently outstanding every time I had it.Special Features:
- I Don't Always Give 5 StarsTheWindyCityVIPDined on 7/7/2014...but when I do, it must be really exceptional! We visited Café Sole on multiple recommendations from new acquaintances we met in Key West. The service is attentive and well-balanced. The server, Michael, made very knowledgeable and descriptive recommendations. We had two appetizers of Tuna Tartare, and Conch Carpaccio, and they were outstanding! The signature entrée - Hogfish Snapper, is not to be missed. So buttery and perfectly cooked. The sides a florally season rice were also notable. The Key Lime pie was delicious, but we are not a big fan of the merengue style, preferring whipped cream as a topping. Go and enjoy! Sundays and Mondays they will give you 50% off of your bill. What a great surprise that was!!Special Features:
- One of our favorites.Hawk78Dined on 7/5/2014Whenever we're in Key West this is our must-do. The place has charm, the service is perfect, and the Hog Snapper is incredible. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritealexkennedydDined on 7/5/2014Cafe Sole is our go-to spot for special events, this time was my boyfriend's birthday. They made the evening a real treat - food was fantastic, service great as usual, and they even surprised us all with a Key Lime Pie piece with a candle and birthday music. We will continue to look forward to special occasions so we can return to our favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!CardsDined on 7/5/2014Hogfish snapper was incredible. Also steak Diane which is no longer on the menu but availible was fantastic. Starting July 7th after 5pm all menu items Monday/Sunday pm 50% off is a stealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute best food in Key West.ClubmedDined on 7/3/2014Best restauraunt in the Keys. The Hogfish dish is literally the best dish I've ever eaten anywhere in the worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014In a word - delightful. Charming staff. Great food. It was very quaint and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv the hog snapperRonboDined on 6/29/2014Went to this local neighborhood restaurant and was delighted with our meal of buttery hog snapper with the perfect wine recommended by our waiter. Quaint indoor and outdoor dining. Excellent service with a nice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.