1314 South King St.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafesistina.com/
- Phone: (808) 596-0061
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a small side room that can accomidate groups of 15-20 people during our regular restaurant hours.
We are also available for parties of 40 or more people on Saturdays and Sundays for private brunches or lunches.
It is also possible to organize restaurant buy outs for private events during our regular business hours
- Private Party Contact: Louise Moriarty 8085960061
The restaurant stocks an extensive wine collection from Italy and the United States and features a good selection of imported and domestic beer. The inviting atmosphere of the full bar makes it the perfect place to warm up to the vast selections of wine and cocktails.
Attention to detail is reflected in every aspect of the theme, from the design to the mood lighting, and most importantly, superb food with friendly, efficient service for customers who demand only the best.
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Best PuttanescaMamaoshDined on 11/22/2014The Puttanesca was delicious! Very tasty! I can see why it states award winner on the menu. Best I've tasted so far! I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceNewYearsEve2013Dined on 11/21/2014Our waitress was on point the entire time! She was knowledgeable, helpful, & genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice dinner time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014It was first time to have dinner here with my husband. (I had a livingsocial deal!) When we entered the restaurant, it looked like a little bit busy but a waiter was nice and we didn't feel any uncomfortable. Food was good! Servers came and asked us "everything is ok?", "how's everything?"...etc But not too much. We had a great dinner time and of course, I do want to come back here and try another food from so many choice of menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pollo limone is very good. Love it!!KulanakaiDined on 11/19/2014The pollo limone was very good. Imagine a chicken piccata with thick sauce and the chicken cut up in small pieces. My husband had the lasagna. We loved the vegetables served on the side but the lasagna was alright. Next time he will try something else. The servers are attentive and the tiramisu was wonderful. I like when the marscapone mix is light and fluffy and it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most beautiful dining room in HonoluluDougBDined on 11/15/2014We always enjoy our visits to Café Sistina. To keep a special place extra special, we reserve our visit here for special occasions. When coming here I must always order the Carpaccio as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor parking.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2014Had dinner wih 3 other friends on a Thursday night. I arrived early and got parking but was concerned because there weren't very many open stalls left in the parking structure. I asked our waitress about it and she wasn't very helpful. One of my friends ended up going round and round outside after discovering that there was no parking in the structure and ended up parking at Zippy's. She did not arrive in a very good mood, There was no sign that the lot was full. The restaurant was busy and so was noisy. But the food was delicious - I had the Ragu Bolognese and my friends had the Scampi Ala Vodka and the Lobster Ravioli which they all enjoyed. Also, if you arrive before 5:30, the restaurant will validate your parking and you go out free but if you come after 6:00, you have to pay $3 up front flat rate. I hope they get more parking because the food is reasonably priced and totally enjoyable. You feel like you are in Italy with the beautiful art work all over their walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- konachickpeeps4italiano!konachickpeeps4sushiDined on 11/6/2014NEVER disappointed...no matter how long since the last time, it's always GREAT. Food is great, service is excellent, ambiance is always a plus when one introduces someone new there... :)Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2014The food was so-so. It seemed like Americanized Italian.Special Features:
- DINERDined on 11/2/2014Our server was not attentive and slow. I would have rated the Service Poor because of him but the other server paid attention to us and the busboy was excellent so that brought the rating up to a Fair. Food was only Fair, food was better the last time we dined here.
- Always deliciouskaimakaDined on 11/1/2014I have been eating at Cafe Sistina for nearly two decades and the outstanding flavors of their dishes are consistently among the most delicious, to my tastes, in Honolulu. I emphasize consistently delicious, because the high quality has not flagged over the years. In the ever-changing restaurant scene of Honolulu, I am very happy that Sistina has endured, and thrived by the looks of the full house on Saturday evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Service was amazing..I highly recommend cafe sistinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella RomaGarryGDined on 10/24/2014A little piece of Italy here in Honolulu. Great food, great service. Moderately priced. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoMercedesDined on 10/23/2014I've been here several times, my mediocre response was due to the particular selection I've made that evening. Other than that, I like Cafe Sistina and hope others will too. Give them a try. Their Puttanesca is pretty good., should've stuck with that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Honolulu TreasureIslandfoodieDined on 10/23/2014Cafe Sistina is where we celebrate the great events in our lives, and where we affirm our love for each other. The atmosphere is amazing. The owner has painted really good reproductions of the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel on all the walls. The service is friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. And the food. Oh the food. We've traveled all over the world, and this is the best Italian cuisine we've experienced. You'd expect to mortgage the house for a good meal here, but not so! The prices are quite reasonable. And they have validated parking with an ornate rear entrance from the parking garage. This is where we take all our visitors to the islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place to dine!AribelDined on 10/18/2014I give Cafe Sistina high marks as I have celiac disease and must eat gluten free. They told me to bring my own gluten free pasta and they would cook it and incorporate it into my meal - excellent job! Service was prompt and gracious with any help necessary to explain dishes. We found their escargo appitizer was different and delicious. Food was delivered promptly and we were asked several times if we needed anything. Good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantluv2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014We've been to Cafe Sistina several times. Love the food. Service is excellent, and the beautiful murals give the space a defined and delightful ambiance. Our only complaint is the noise level. It's very high, especially if large groups are there, and makes it difficult to hear conversation if you have any slight hearing problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sistina HeatKilikiliDined on 10/17/2014We enjoy everything about Sistina. But this past visit was the restaurant interior was not cool enough, uncomfortable warm- maybe some a.c. issues?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always love coming here!22tangoDined on 10/12/2014The food is consistently delicious. I really enjoy coming here with friends, to share pasta dishes and sip on some wine. Great atmosphere with beautifully painted walls...that took me back to my time in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineloversDined on 10/12/2014Excellent, tasty food and generous servings. Wish there was no corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 10/10/2014Good food and services. Waitress was very friendly and accommodating. They were out of sausage and substituted with chicken in one of our pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dHookDined on 10/3/2014Excellent attentive service coupled by excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Great Experience as UsualEduHavaiUSDined on 9/18/2014Great Experience as Usual. Recommend Gorgonzola anything.Special Features:
- Deliciouoso Itameshi!!!HiroReviewsDined on 9/13/2014We had such an enjoyable time at Café Sistina on Saturday night! Highly recommended!! Pasta, salad, appetizer, dessert was delicious will go again to try other specialities. Parking is very convenient from the back entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014I highly recommend this place. The wine was delicious and the food was out of this world. The dining area does lend itself to getting a little noisy, however the 22 person party that left shortly after arriving did not help. Once they were gone the noise level dropped and the evening was very pleasant. Accommodating staff and excellent service. DO NOT PASS UP CAFE SISTINA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Sistina--consistently goodpatocakeseatsoutDined on 9/12/2014I have enjoyed lunch and dinner at Cafe Sistina maybe five or six times over the 25 years that I have lived in Honolulu. I have never had a disappointing meal there. It enjoys a highly favorable reputation among my many friends. My most recent experience was a birthday celebration for two. Our dishes, risotto al funghi for my wife, and Veal Bolognese for me, were both excellent, with a fine riesling for her, and the excellent house chianti for me. The friendly service was timely and added to the occasion. The atmosphere is extraordinary, the renderings of copies of the Renaissance murals adorning the Sistine Chapel, are breathtaking in their accuracy. All in all a memorable evening.Special Features:
- love it!HaoleGirlVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is our second time here, and it hasn't disappointed us. Excellent service, huge portions, really nice flavors, great wine list. It's a hidden gem I never would have known if our friends hadn't initially taken us despite driving by it countless times. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and ValueRickGDined on 9/8/2014We had a 5:30pm Monday dinner last week. I had spaghetti with olive oil and garlic, my wife had lasagna, shared a house salad. All dishes were very good; service was excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Dining in an Italian VillablueweaverDined on 9/6/2014The owner, Sergio, is an artist on canvas as well as in the kitchen. The walls of the restaurant (mostly 2 stories high) he painted like the Sistine Chapel...very refined and peaceful in feeling. The food is always very good to great...salads, appetizers, entrees. Also a fairly brief but excellent list of wines by the glass. Overall, a great night out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice timeBeBackAgainDined on 9/5/2014This is the third time I've been here with my wife. We love seeing the paintings on the wall while we enjoy the bread and spread that is brought out. The staff always looks like they are working at a good speed (not rushed). Everyone is friendly and inviting. Though there's no real host/hostess it's still inviting and actually feels more like you're going into someone's house. The food is very good. There are a few excellent dishes but this time my dish did feel like it was missing some vegetables to balance the meat, but because my wife ordered an all vegetable dish we shared and it was great. Toward the end of dinner my wife realized it had been 6 months since we came last. She said it was too long between visits... I agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian cuisineDelonoDined on 8/26/2014Been there several times; and keep going back. Usually order the eggplant parmesan and veal picatta. Have taken out of town friends there. Beautiful murals on all the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much bettersurfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Haven't been to Sistina in a while but was pleasantly surprised in that the food was great and the service excellent. At the recommendation of the waitress, I had the pollo gorgonzola which was so good I had no leftovers. Portions were large and most of my party had enough to take home for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianShoocatDined on 8/23/2014We've been coming here for years. I love their food. Recently I went here with two friends for a birthday celebration. The first bartender/waitress was very helpful and knew the wines well. She even offered us a sample because we couldn't choose one. Different servers came by so we weren't sure who was actually the waiter or waitress but our water was always filled and they were attentive so no complaints. The food can be on the salty side but I like salt so also no complaints here. The smell from the street that one of the other people commented on is gone even when I was standing outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larger isn't always betteralohagourmetVIPDined on 8/22/2014Americanized pasta dishes, too heavy on the sauce. Most of the guests took home their second half of their meal. Quantity over quality now, used to be a much better restaurant. Food is tired, like a complacent chef. Now too busy on the eyes with painted ceilings (get it?), and then art deco windows and accents that fight the antique look. Skip the Caesar- no flavor except anchovy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014My boss treating the staff for my birthday lunch, food & wine were delicious. Everyone has a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great Food!MoanaDined on 8/17/2014I has the spaghetti aglio e olio with bacon.....it is now added to my list of favorites!!!! And you have to try the Chambord Martini!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinnerBruncherDined on 8/16/2014Great service, fun dinner as usual...noise level is high, so not too much of a place for romance but great for families and comfortable to eat and hang out. Glad they have a sign/table set up at the King St entrance. Nice wine and dessert lists. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Good but not great. My husband said his lobster ravioli was rather bland when compared to another Italian restaurant we frequent. I thought the meat lasagna was very good. The wine list is not notable, but sufficient. I think their gelati (Italian ice cream) dessert is made in-house. The cherry swirl we ordered was very nice. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- DeliciosoPadelishDined on 8/14/2014We were greeted, seated and had our drink order taken as soon as we entered. The service was excellent all around. Each entree was tasty and good portion in regard to price. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brithday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We've been going to Cafe Sistina for several years and it is a great find. Food is excellent and service is outstanding. Location also keeps it from being overrun by the tourist crowd but reservations are getting harder to come by.Special Features:
- Dinner for fourTastetreatDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service, had the mushroom ravioli which was delightful. hubby had chicken gorgonzola and he thought the sauce was too sweet; I thought his dish had too much garlic. Daughter had pollo limone which was excellent and her friend had pasta nero (squid ink dish, not sure of the name) which was outstanding! Will definitely return and will try the black pasta with seafood. Moscato wine was deliciously sweet (the way I like it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.