1314 South King St.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafesistina.com/
- Phone: 8085960061
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a small side room that can accomidate groups of 15-20 people during our regular restaurant hours.
We are also available for parties of 40 or more people on Saturdays and Sundays for private brunches or lunches.
It is also possible to organize restaurant buy outs for private events during our regular business hours
- Private Party Contact: Louise Moriarty 8085960061
The restaurant stocks an extensive wine collection from Italy and the United States and features a good selection of imported and domestic beer. The inviting atmosphere of the full bar makes it the perfect place to warm up to the vast selections of wine and cocktails.
Attention to detail is reflected in every aspect of the theme, from the design to the mood lighting, and most importantly, superb food with friendly, efficient service for customers who demand only the best.
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Deliciouoso Itameshi!!!HiroReviewsDined on 9/13/2014We had such an enjoyable time at Café Sistina on Saturday night! Highly recommended!! Pasta, salad, appetizer, dessert was delicious will go again to try other specialities. Parking is very convenient from the back entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014I highly recommend this place. The wine was delicious and the food was out of this world. The dining area does lend itself to getting a little noisy, however the 22 person party that left shortly after arriving did not help. Once they were gone the noise level dropped and the evening was very pleasant. Accommodating staff and excellent service. DO NOT PASS UP CAFE SISTINA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Sistina--consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have enjoyed lunch and dinner at Cafe Sistina maybe five or six times over the 25 years that I have lived in Honolulu. I have never had a disappointing meal there. It enjoys a highly favorable reputation among my many friends. My most recent experience was a birthday celebration for two. Our dishes, risotto al funghi for my wife, and Veal Bolognese for me, were both excellent, with a fine riesling for her, and the excellent house chianti for me. The friendly service was timely and added to the occasion. The atmosphere is extraordinary, the renderings of copies of the Renaissance murals adorning the Sistine Chapel, are breathtaking in their accuracy. All in all a memorable evening.Special Features:
- love it!HaoleGirlDined on 9/11/2014This is our second time here, and it hasn't disappointed us. Excellent service, huge portions, really nice flavors, great wine list. It's a hidden gem I never would have known if our friends hadn't initially taken us despite driving by it countless times. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We had a 5:30pm Monday dinner last week. I had spaghetti with olive oil and garlic, my wife had lasagna, shared a house salad. All dishes were very good; service was excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Dining in an Italian VillablueweaverDined on 9/6/2014The owner, Sergio, is an artist on canvas as well as in the kitchen. The walls of the restaurant (mostly 2 stories high) he painted like the Sistine Chapel...very refined and peaceful in feeling. The food is always very good to great...salads, appetizers, entrees. Also a fairly brief but excellent list of wines by the glass. Overall, a great night out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice timeBeBackAgainDined on 9/5/2014This is the third time I've been here with my wife. We love seeing the paintings on the wall while we enjoy the bread and spread that is brought out. The staff always looks like they are working at a good speed (not rushed). Everyone is friendly and inviting. Though there's no real host/hostess it's still inviting and actually feels more like you're going into someone's house. The food is very good. There are a few excellent dishes but this time my dish did feel like it was missing some vegetables to balance the meat, but because my wife ordered an all vegetable dish we shared and it was great. Toward the end of dinner my wife realized it had been 6 months since we came last. She said it was too long between visits... I agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much bettersurfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Haven't been to Sistina in a while but was pleasantly surprised in that the food was great and the service excellent. At the recommendation of the waitress, I had the pollo gorgonzola which was so good I had no leftovers. Portions were large and most of my party had enough to take home for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianShoocatDined on 8/23/2014We've been coming here for years. I love their food. Recently I went here with two friends for a birthday celebration. The first bartender/waitress was very helpful and knew the wines well. She even offered us a sample because we couldn't choose one. Different servers came by so we weren't sure who was actually the waiter or waitress but our water was always filled and they were attentive so no complaints. The food can be on the salty side but I like salt so also no complaints here. The smell from the street that one of the other people commented on is gone even when I was standing outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larger isn't always betteralohagourmetVIPDined on 8/22/2014Americanized pasta dishes, too heavy on the sauce. Most of the guests took home their second half of their meal. Quantity over quality now, used to be a much better restaurant. Food is tired, like a complacent chef. Now too busy on the eyes with painted ceilings (get it?), and then art deco windows and accents that fight the antique look. Skip the Caesar- no flavor except anchovy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014My boss treating the staff for my birthday lunch, food & wine were delicious. Everyone has a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great Food!MoanaDined on 8/17/2014I has the spaghetti aglio e olio with bacon.....it is now added to my list of favorites!!!! And you have to try the Chambord Martini!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Good but not great. My husband said his lobster ravioli was rather bland when compared to another Italian restaurant we frequent. I thought the meat lasagna was very good. The wine list is not notable, but sufficient. I think their gelati (Italian ice cream) dessert is made in-house. The cherry swirl we ordered was very nice. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- DeliciosoPadelishDined on 8/14/2014We were greeted, seated and had our drink order taken as soon as we entered. The service was excellent all around. Each entree was tasty and good portion in regard to price. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brithday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We've been going to Cafe Sistina for several years and it is a great find. Food is excellent and service is outstanding. Location also keeps it from being overrun by the tourist crowd but reservations are getting harder to come by.Special Features:
- Dinner for fourTastetreatDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service, had the mushroom ravioli which was delightful. hubby had chicken gorgonzola and he thought the sauce was too sweet; I thought his dish had too much garlic. Daughter had pollo limone which was excellent and her friend had pasta nero (squid ink dish, not sure of the name) which was outstanding! Will definitely return and will try the black pasta with seafood. Moscato wine was deliciously sweet (the way I like it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good serviceaa2452Dined on 8/4/2014Enjoyed the evening. The wait staff was great. Food was good. Good wine.Special Features:
- Great food, dependingJulieYVIPDined on 7/31/2014Bolognese: outstanding. Carbonara: not heavy...how they get it so delicate, delish. In previous visit, we were disappointed in the shrimp dishes. Owner has recreated Sistine Chapel paintings, everywhere. Worth going there just to see the wall paintings, but as long as you are there, order a classic pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new "go to" spot!KealaGDined on 7/24/2014Cafe Sistina is a hidden gem in the Honolulu Italian food scene. Located on King Street; blink and you'll miss it. We made reservations online and when we got there, the staff was ready with our table. The service was top notch. We had various dishes and I recommend the mushroom ravioli; even if you're not a vegan. Definitely my new go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoBruncherDined on 7/19/2014Be sure to check in at the back of the restaurant if you walk in from the King St entrance. We waited a few minutes at the door before flagging down a waiter, after a few waiters passed by and saw us waiting. Friendly service. Can get noisy.Special Features:
- Ohana!MoanaDined on 7/13/2014The service is always exquisite here, making us feel like Ohana ever time! Thank you for the personal service every visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Shawn is an exceptional server. He is gracious and efficient. We felt completely relaxed and comfortable. The food was top notch and clearly prepared with care and concern. AWESOME!!!Special Features:
- The walls are the attractionFrenchbreadVIPDined on 7/6/2014I have eaten here many times and never get tired of looking at the walls. The food, while usually good to great, is not consistent. I ordered the lasagna which was room temperature, served with a side of, again, room temperature vegetables. My husband got eggplant with ziti which was in drowning in pomodoro. It looked like the Pacific Ocean with outcroppings of the big island (eggplant) and smaller islands (penne). The only piping hot thing in the dish was the penne I figured they made both of these dishes earlier in the day and "warmed" them up by slathering heated sauce on them. Not the way to win and influence foodies! We ate it as is because we really did not want to send it back to be microwaved! Thumbs down this time. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always outstanding.RachiDined on 7/5/2014Mushroom ravioli always a winner with its marriage of smoky scamorzo cheese and earthy mushrooms. Pollo limone with its tender chicken breast and capers and crimini mushrooms was a first and didn't disappoint. This is one of our favorite places!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Art of EatingKahala808Dined on 7/1/2014This restaurant has the most beautiful Italian renaissance style murals on the walls, done by the owner I believe. So the feeling of being elsewhere starts right when you walk in! The staff is super nice and attentive, we were seated right away. While the food was just OK, let me explain why... The bread was bland, fake Italian bread, warmed. Like eating blah white bread with a crispy crust! Butter was all soft like margarine. You could do better at the local CPK! My pasta carbonara was ok, tasted good, nice pasta, but was a bit watery and the bacon was pretty much RAW. My husbands pollo limone, lemon chicken, was very good. And so was the Italian beer!Special Features:
- Cafe SistinaGood4quietmealDined on 6/28/2014Cafe Sistina is a great place for a early quiet dining experience. The service staff is excellent and friendship. Food came out in a timely manner and the dishes were nice and hot. Portion was a little small, but the flavors were excellent. The room is simple, but nicely done with paintings on the wall which added to the ambiance of being in an Italian restaurant. We dine at an early hour, so the restaurant was very quiet. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- LeimomiDined on 6/18/2014Outstanding service; waiters/waitresses are attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimeDinersDined on 6/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here on Saturday. It was my daughter's 13th birthday and they were nice enough to bring her a dessert with a candle. The food was delicious and the portions were bigger than we expected. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 6/13/2014We are repeat customers, cease the food and the service is great!Special Features:
- Great Italian!TessDined on 6/5/2014We've been fans of Cafe Sistina for many years, but we hadn't been there for quite awhile. It did NOT disappoint!! Wonderful, professional (yet friendly) service. Great food (presentation and quality)! Nice menu. Nice selection of wines by the glass. And, of course, the murals are absolutely gorgeous! Hope to go back again sometime soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and beautiful artwork!LeimomiDined on 6/5/2014This was our first visit to your restaurant. We enjoyed the good food and ambiance. Likely will return with out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheItalianDined on 5/31/2014I lived in Italy and the food at Café Sistina is as close as it gets!! My personal favorite is Rosso Nero!!!Special Features:
- Italian FoodHiloEatsDined on 5/25/2014Italian food is really good at Cafe Sistina. The inside of restaurant is okay. The service is good enough. Good food at a decent affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!LovesYummyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Enormous painting replicas from the Sistine Chapel are on the walls of the restaurant and give the feeling of being in Italy. The meat lasagna is one of the best I've had - absolutely excellent with its special layers of pasta, roasted lean beef , tomato sauce and cheese. The recommended wine, Michele Chiario Barbara d'Asti went perfectly with the dish. Hubby ordered a dish akin to Penne Melanzine, except with sausage. He cleaned his dish pretty quickly. The restaurant was quite filled by the time we left, but with families with well-behaved children, the noise level was not that high and anyone could have had a decent conversation with their companion(s) without having to raise their voices. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 369 reviews are from the Cafe Sistina reviews archive.
- Consistently GoodTGKHNLVIPDined on 5/18/2014We have been going to Cafe Sistina for 20-years. It is consistently good - both food and service.Special Features:
- Great foodChimpokomanDined on 5/11/2014Every dish was excellent as always! Appetizers are portioned perfectly for family-style dining. We always get the lobster ravioli as a starter.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningRobertDined on 5/10/2014Service was excellent, staff was super and professional. I had the gorgonzola ravioli which was the best dish of the three ordered. Nice Chiati Classico from a good winelist.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014The food here is wonderful. Everyone absolutely enjoyed their meal. It took awhile for the food to come, but it gave us time to chat with everyone and our entrees were well worth the wait.Special Features:
- Welcoming & FriendlyMoanaDined on 5/2/2014Always a favorite place for me & my family! They always welcome us like family & treat us special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justfoodingaroundDined on 5/2/2014The food used to be better, missing mellow mandolin music, however dessert was awesome and our waitress was fantastic! It was ok, considering what it used to be. We miss the bar, however it was really nice to see the art completed. We would come back again.Special Features: