64 Boul. René-Lévesque Ouest (Angle Cartier)
Quebec, QC G1R 2A4Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafesirocco.com/
- Phone: 4185296868
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jean-Claude Pitet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: service de traiteur ou groupes privés disponible sur demande
- Private Party Contact: Ianny Xenopoulos 4185296868
- Entertainment: Lounge et salles disponibles pour groupes de 10 à 60 personnes.
A word from Cafe Sirocco
'Si vous appréciez les tartares ou tapas, vous serez comblés chez Café Sirocco, qui en a fait sa spécialité. Vous ne pourrez résister aux arômes du tartare de saumon en charlotte de saumon fumé, pas plus qu’à ceux du tartare de pétoncles aux crevettes tempura et sésames grillés. Peut-être préférerez-vous plonger dans la section Vague de poissons pour y déguster une assiette de pot-au-feu de fruits de mer ou encore, un pavé de thon saisi, poêlé de bock choy et poivrons rouges. Vous pourrez toujours également choisir parmi l’exquise sélection de grillades ou de pâtes fraîches. Et les becs sucrés ne seront pas en reste car ils auront le choix parmi une myriade de desserts sucrés, fruités ou glacés.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Sirocco - Best Restaurants in Quebec City ›
Cafe Sirocco reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- verynicerestopoor foodlunchlover26Dined on 9/19/2014the resto is very very nice,,,, good wine list.... expensive wine at lunch time (habitually there is a better price for a glasss of wine at lunch) - presentation of the plates not very nice and it was not that good and not as it was describe by the waiter- the service wasEXCELLENT -i an deceived -expectations with that kind of resto was higher for the quality of food, - fries not cooked - soft saggy -Special Features:
- TapasCruiser2013Dined on 9/17/2014Great Tapas. Had the Chef's Special of 25 tapas, really enjoyed them. The waiter was very good.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was very nice, food was good and the service was outanding. My wife and I had the Portuguese style sangria that our waiter made for us. It was fantastic. My wife had the Ouso bucco which was very good but need more of the delicious sause on the pasta. I had the amaroni also good but also could of used more sauce. Very nice place but was a little loud and the chairs were very uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas done with care and flairSteveDined on 9/4/2014We tried most of the tapas and the majority was delicious, with complex flavors and perfectly cooked. Several items though were quite yawn inspiring, such as the near tasteless chicken brochettes and Greek salads with flavorless feta cheese (absolutely no saltiness). The humus tapas was really garlicky tho. The duck, shrimp and scallops were fantastic. The price was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair but they ingore English menuFineChiantiDined on 7/31/2014Food was above average as Lamb special was cook perfect. Seem to have a disdained for english speaking couples... as another Canadian couple from BC believed the same on exit.Special Features:
- Tapas and moreDinerDined on 7/19/2014We had a very good lunch for two consisting of 4 appetizers. All were very good. The tapas menu is only at night. We returned with friends for dinner and had the chef's sampler tapas (with Sangria) along with a couple of appetizers. All were very good. We also had the chef's sampler of assorted desserts....again, very good. The service in both visits was very attentive and helpful to us non-French speaking diners.Special Features:
- Repas du midi excellentgeaibleuDined on 7/18/2014Les repas du midi sont excellents. Le service est chaleureux. Je recommande chaudement.Special Features:
- smirlandeDined on 7/4/2014les frites étaient grasses et imbibées d'huile, cuites dans de l'huile pas assez chaudes. les tapas étaient présentés tous dans la même assiette et n'avaient pas de gout différent d'un choix à l'autre, aucun des 19 choix essayés ne ressortaient du lot.
- Excellent repasAyeshDined on 6/19/2014Mon copain et moi avons commandé la bavette de bison à la moutarde. Très goûteux. Nous avions demandé la table d'hôte, mais le serveur a oublié... heureusement! L'assiette est généreuse et nous n'avions plus faim ensuite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudTaraRDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is very pretty, but due to the hard surfaces, it is also very loud. My husband and I could not hear each other across a two top table. For the most part, the food was very good, at least the entrees and dessert. Neither of us were particularly enthralled with the tapas. It seemed as if some of the "hot" ones had been made ahead of time and then re-heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014The restaurant had a special of their entire tapas menu for $25 (for 25 tapas). It was an excellent way to enjoy what this restaurant has to offer. I won't say we enjoyed every one of the tapas but it was a full range of foods and all were fresh, and well prepared. Service was outstanding (in both French and English) and the owner of the restaurant was a delight. We told them we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they brought a nice desert to the table with a Happy anniversary message. The restaurant was busy and everyone was njoying themselves. It was a terrific meal, and I hope to be back some day.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Cafe Sirocco reviews archive.
- Légèrement déçuecharloDined on 6/3/2014Nous y sommes allés pour le lunch. J'y étais déjà allé précédemment mais cette fois, j'ai été un peu déçu par les plats servis.Special Features:
- Best meal & service in Quebec CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014While visiting for the weekend with my wife I asked a Quebec City resident for the name of his favorite restaurant in the city. Without hesitation he said Cafe Sirocco. I am so glad I did. The service was delightful. The food was outstanding! We started with the salmon tartare and it was great. My wife had the seafood risotto and I had the osso-bucco. We were both very pleased with our choices. Our waitress Elizabeth was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. After spending the week in both Montreal and Quebec City and having many delicious meals, we both agreed that our overall experience at Cafe Sirocco was the best that we experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MissDined on 5/21/2014Really good restaurant! Tapas are great. We love the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting together again!SidKid87Dined on 5/17/2014We really appreciated our last saturday night at Café Sirocco, having dinner with two very dear friends we haven't seen for a while. The food was very good, the service was really nice, the place where we sat (the storeroom) was just quiet enough for an animated friendly conversation. We sure will go back to that restaurant on our next trip to Québec city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supermabas52Dined on 5/14/2014C'étais ma première expérience chez vous et certainement pas la dernière, Très bon repas, ambiance chaleureuseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for tapas and apetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We very apreciate ambience and food, principaly possibility to choose 2 or 3 entries and deserts. The hospitality was very sharp.Special Features:
- DinerWaldenDined on 4/23/2014The food was great. We had a quiet place, but the place was cold, no heating near our table.Special Features:
- Toujours parfait!justinhelDined on 4/23/2014Je suis un régulier des lunchs d'affaires à cet endroit et je ne suis jamais décu! Un menu du jour varié et toujours alléchant plus un service impeccable! je le recommande sans hésiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- en anglais d'abord!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Bon resto, sympathique, service efficace et courtois. Bruyant, bonne bouffe. Site internet avec prédominance de l'anglais.Inacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle carte, bon repasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Beaucoup de choix et tout était très bon, comme à chaque visite.Special Features:
- Restaurant trés agréable unARNAUDDined on 3/12/2014Restaurant trés agréable un peu bruyant. Accueil très bienSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchAdaLCDined on 3/2/2014Le brunch du dimanche est très bon, mon copain et moi avons pris des oeufs bénédictines...Délicieux ! Le tout accompagné d'un bol de café au lait. À essayer sans hésiter.Special Features:
- Pour le service et la bouffeLes2soeursDined on 2/19/2014Service attentif et plus que sympathique. On est jamais déçu avec leurs tartares et tout le reste.Special Features:
- Welcoming neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The food and wine were great, but, above all, we had a wonderful time due to the welcoming attitude that pervaded the front of the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas et vinoDjosDined on 2/11/2014Nous sommes allés déguster les Tapas du Sirocco avec un enfant et avons été emballésSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon brunchVieenroseDined on 2/9/2014Je suis allée bruncher avec des copines et nous avons toutes très bien mangé. Notre serveuse n'était malheureusement pas très compétente...Special Features:
- Was a little disapointed...MontrealerDined on 2/8/2014Was a little disapointed... for a restaurant with so many waiters the service was just ok. Water and bread too a long time to arrive and our waiter was not very familiar with the specials. Food was pricey but just ok. Bavette was over-cooked, saumon tartar had too much maionnaise and desert creme renverse (or creme caramel) was dry - no caramel. Was not a bad meal but eating with my 11 year old daughter who stuck to the kids menu 90$ was a very expensive meal for a very averege dining experience. Would not recommend
- Belle surprise.CatherineDined on 1/30/2014Nous nous sommes rendu au café Siroco pour souligner notre 11e anniversaire mon conjoint et moi un petit jeudi. Notre expérience à été un série de belles surprises; D'abord le décor puis les martinis ! La sélection est impressionnante et les serveurs savent nous guider. Ce fût un baptême réussi ! Pour ce qui est de la nourriture, les nombreux spéciaux et la qualité des plans ont de quoi satisfaire les gourmets au porte-feuiolé au régime. Seule petite déception: là sélection de tapas du 4 à 7... J'aurais souhaité quelque chose de plus éclaté.Special Features:
- Great and varied menu, great wineTylorchDined on 1/26/2014We were trying to find a last minute alternate to our original plans (the restaurant closed unexpectedly). After searching through UrbanSpoon, Yelp, FourSquare for recommendations, we opened up OpenTable to make a reservation. It may have only been six blocks from the hotel, but at -30C (with wind chill) it was a LONG six blocks. The food was great! I opted for one of the filets while my companion opted for the tapas menu. Both of us were very happy with the food we received. We were seated next to the wine cellar - well away from the door! Excellent location, warm and inviting atmosphere. Not sure which was best... the wine, the food, or the company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bruyant mais plaisantDopamineDined on 12/12/2013C'était le temps des fêtes, le bruit était à l'honneur avec tous ces groupes qui remplissaient le restaurant. Malgré cela, le service a été excellent du début à la fin. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bel anniversaire !MfvfqcDined on 11/6/2013Nous sommes allé au Café Sirocco pour l'anniversaire de mon conjoint. Tapas en spécial et accueil parfaite par ce que je crois etre la proprietaire, fait apprécié. Bons tapas, pas tous excellents mais bon dans l'ensemble. Ambiance accueillante et amicale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasKiwiWannaBeVIPDined on 9/21/2013Located away from the tourist areas, Cafe Scirocco welcomed us Texans with great food and friendly service. They have an extensive tapas menus which you can either choose for appetizers or for entire meal. Entrees were plentiful too, although the English menu did not post any daily specials. I chose the Penne with Duck, but the waiter suggested another dish which wasn't on the menu. The dish had both duck breasts as well as duck leg confit, which turned out to be a great final meal on our Quebec City vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Efficace et rapide le midiOLI1792Dined on 9/16/2013J'apprécie beaucoup le Café Sirocco pour les repas du midi puisqu'il est l'un des rares restaurants de cette catégorie qui a compris que les gens n'ont pas 2 heures pour manger. En général il ne s'écoule pas plus de 60 minutes entre notre arrivée et l'addition. Tout ça se fait sans avoir l'impression d'être bousculé. Le service est courtois, rapide et précis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findFemmeLuluDined on 8/17/2013We were looking for a nice dinner while being away from the noise and crowds in Vieux Quebec. Service was good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great.... ButOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2013Forgot my dessert.... None the less still have to recommend the restaurant!! Food was incredible and aside from the glitch the service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is your French?LouisDined on 6/19/2013You are in Québec City here, not in Chicago (see what an accent produces on your Ascii keyboard!). Where is your French version of the survey?Special Features:
- Tartare, tartare, tartareSladdirDined on 6/15/2013Les Tartares du Sirocco sont tout simplement délicieux. Avec leur assiette dégustation on peut même tous les goûter si on ne sait pas lequel choisir. Les entrées étaient rafraîchissantes et originales. Les prix sont très raisonnables.Special Features:
- Need some improvements!StephDined on 5/30/2013It was my first experience at this restaurant. There is some adjustments to make. First, there was a group of "ladies" that was celebrating very loudly and we did not enjoy too much this restaurant. The good was average; good tartare and osso bucco but the bavette was really tough to cut. The servers were coming too often to our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'ai toujours aimé mangerfrench101Dined on 5/27/2013J'ai toujours aimé manger au Sirocco, surtout depuis les rénovations. C'est très beau, la nourriture est bonne et j'ai toujours été bien servie. Je vous recommenderais cependant d'ajouter une version en français à votre système de réservation en ligne, de même que pour ce qui est du sondage sur la satisfaction...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.