Cafe Sevilla - Riverside
3252 Mission Inn Ave
Riverside, CA 92507Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Sevilla - Riverside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafesevilla.com/locs/riverside/index.html
- Phone: 9517780611
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:00am; Brunch - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Cesar Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Sevilla is one of Southern California's top-rated restaurants & has the right ingredients in place to create an extra-special event for you.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Penny 8776810891
- Entertainment: 7 nights a week Rumba & Flamenco Gypsy King Style Performances upstairs in the Tapas Bar. Weekends are host to our famous dinner shows. Fridays 7:30 - 9:30pm Gypsy Flamenco Fusion, Saturdays 7:00pm - 9:00pm Passion of Tango, and Sundays 7:00pm - 9:00pm The Art of Flamenco...experience Spain without the Airfare.
A word from Cafe Sevilla - Riverside
Sevilla Restaurant - Like visiting Spain without the airfare. Cafe Sevilla features true authentic Cuisine from the South of Spain's Catalan region. Nightly entertainment in the Tapas bar featuring Rumba and Flamenco Gypsy King style music. Live Dinner Shows Fridays Gypsy Flamenco Fusion, Saturdays Passion of Tango, and Sundays The Art of Flamenco. Nightly features as well as Monthly Wine Dinners and a Premium Cigar Bar are just a few of the reasons to visit a truly unique dinning experience... Sevilla Restaurant located in the Historical Downtown Riverside District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Sevilla - Riverside reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)romantic (8)special occasion (8)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great BrunchmattlefieldsDined on 6/29/2014Cafe Sevilla is a favorite of my wife and I. We recently went in to try the brunch for the first time, and we were very impressed. Very delicious wide variety of foods. The omlette/waffle/crepe station was especially good. The Meats grilled outside were juicy, and cooked to your preference. A Glass of Sangria, or a Mimosa are included with your brunch which was nice, and unexpected. Needless to say, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten at the San Diego location on many occasions. It is a must whenever we go there. Thanks to Open Table we discovered the Riverside location. Beautiful place, and the food was good. But, the service was disapointing. Drinks were very slow especially the crafted sangria. Too, it was odd that a Spanish restaurant could not offer a blended margarita. The food was also slow coming out. We like to order a couple of tapas at a time and they usually come out quickly. Not here. We'll give it another shot because of our love for the San Diego operation. It's a great option location wise when coming home to Orange County from the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2014I was at Cafe Sevilla with friends celebrating my birthday on June 25. We loved it! None of us had been there before for dinner and it was fabulous. Tapas, Sangria and traditional Spanish dishes such as the paella are all great.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchMitchCDined on 6/22/2014Sandra the Manager, does a fantastic job! Everything is Great!Special Features:
- Excellent MenuGraceVIPDined on 6/14/2014We went with four people and ordered a variety of tapas. Everything was delicious! The meat paella was something you don't find in tapas restaurants - usually it's seafood. The rabbit in rioja wine sauce melted in your mouth. The bacon wrapped dates were decadent. The olive loaf bread - we ordered two, it was amazing! I wish we had a restaurant like this closer to home. They have a restaurant in Long Beach, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenmonDined on 6/11/2014Excellent dining ... a little pricey. The family paella was terrific and would feed at least three people. The salads were unique and tasty. Overall ambience of the restaurant was romantic, although a little too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale, not for kidsTrishDaDishDined on 6/6/2014Definitely not for kids. Other than that disappointment, the staff was polite and the food was delicious! Check in on Yelp! and get a free Sampler Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 143 reviews are from the Cafe Sevilla - Riverside reviews archive.
- Great fun evening!MarvinDined on 6/1/2014We chose a place that was close to Orange County so we could meet centrally. This worked well and we had a great fun evening. The servers were helpful with some unusual tapas and our Sangria glasses were never empty. The food was outstanding and portions were more than adequate to share among six. The bacon wrapped dates with blue cheese were phenomenal ! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Got reservation but restaurant was closed for a private party. Restaurant called me to tell me that but it was at reservation time so I was already there.Special Features:
- another great nightlove4spainDined on 5/24/2014This place has great food, friendly staff and great live music. Every time I come here it's memorable, I have enjoyed the Flamenco show and the live music at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FOODMzmarnaDined on 5/17/2014loved everything we tried - queso fundido, paella valenciana -- all work spectacular. the hostess was a little confused about where to seat us and spent quite awhile complaining to a coworker about some other issue before she seated us. seemed odd since we were one of the first parties there at 4:30pm. wait staff just seemed disinterested. the table wasn't exactly clean, but eventually it was fixed.Special Features:
- First TimeFortheLoveofFoodDined on 5/10/2014Overall it's a good restaurant. The good was an 8 from a scale 1-10. We did dinner and a show and the show was nice. The food took a while to get to our table and the server server forgot our drinks on 3 occasions. I would like to go in and try the restaurant in the dinning area and experience that to be able to give this restaurant a fair review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014A little expensive for the portion size but great food and amazing serviceSpecial Features:
- Small bites of deliciousness.SchmidtieDined on 4/19/2014My hubby and I ate here Saturday. Everything we tried was delicious! Server was very attentive, and offered suggestions. Sangria is a must! We had a pitcher. Food was very well presented, melts in your mouth good. We will be back! I am planning my birthday celebration here now!Special Features:
- Good, not fabulous...NancyBVIPDined on 4/18/2014it was our second visit and not as good as we remembered. The bacon wrapped dates were over cooked, and the short ribs were a little bland. Great service and the mocha creme brulee was fantastic!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMagnetica02Dined on 3/29/2014Everything was perfect. The food is to die for. The atmosphere is welcoming, unique, and romantic.Special Features:
- An Excellent Taste of SpainsenortenorDined on 3/29/2014I happened upon this restaurant online quite by chance, but I was looking to meet up with a friend in Riverside. I found that I made an excellent choice! The food was excellent, and is incredibly authentic. They have a huge menu and the portion sizes were wonderful. We ordered mostly seafood and fish tapas, and also a black paella tapa, which was excellent and really a delicacy. There were several choices of sangria. We went for the white sangria, which was light, sweet, and not too strong. It was the perfect compliment to the meal. I especially liked that it had an apple cinnamon flavor. They have a traditional red sangria, also. I would most certainly recommend Sevilla, especially if you are going to be in downtown Riverside.Special Features:
- We aren't from the area, soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2014We aren't from the area, so we turned to Open Table for places to eat. The food was so delicious, we went back again the next evening! The mushroom empanadas, vegetarian flatbread, shrimp tapas, and chocolate creme brulee were especially delicious, although EVERYTHING we had was yummy. This may be the best choice to eat in Riverside!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable effort.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014To start, we had to walk a block to the restaurant. We sat upstairs because we wanted the full experience of eating where the action was. Although the waitress was smiley and apologetic, her positive attitude could not make up for the slow kitchen and average food. Of the six different tapas we tried, only two were worthy of mention. The shrimp was spicy and cooked just right and the bacon wrapped dates were sweet and delicious. Sadly, the ceviche was somewhat fishy tasting and the crab cake was over-fried and crunchier than one would usually see. The potatoes were bland and would have been better with more sauce and the sausage was just plain terrible. It is worth noting, however, that the creme brule'-like dessert was amazing and unique.
- Sevilla Before a ShowEcrider314Dined on 3/25/2014Ate here before a concert at the Fox. Happy Hour was good, prices were reasonable for the portion. Quality of tapas was good but would have liked the paella to be more crispy but other than that it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchRyanDined on 3/23/2014Great Sunday brunch. They have a grill station with various meats to choose from. Inside they have a lot to choose from as well. I especially liked the Spanish guitar and the free flowing mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outLynvinesDined on 3/21/2014One of the best dinners I have ever had, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We went there for our anniversary. It was absolutely worth the 45-minute drive from Murrieta. The food, the service and the atmosphere were all wonderful in every way. It's also a beautiful place to look at, both inside and out...a welcome change from the local strip mall restaurants. Special thanks to Jamie, our server. We hope to be back often.Special Features:
- The buffet food temperaturecpadresVIPDined on 3/9/2014The buffet food temperature was cool to barely warm. NOT desireable eating temperature. I complained to the manager , Sandra said sorry but that is a matter of your preference. Really???
- Fantastic!MitchCDined on 3/2/2014Being half Spanish, I'm really picky when it comes to Spanish Cuisine! I've always enjoyed their tapas and dinner menus, but I recently went to Cafe Sevilla for Sunday Brunch! The food and atmosphere was really really great! No complaints whatsoever! I will be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary by making reservations. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted, congratulated, and offered a table in the dining room or in the tapas bar area. She explained that happy hour specials were available in the bar area and if we didn't like that we could move to the main dining room. It was not overly crowded so the bar area worked well, especially for the happy hour specials. The tapas were excellent and, including the tapas sized lobster paella, provided a great array of many selections that made our meal. Our waitress even offered us a last chance to order more even as happy hour ended. I highly recommend this restaurant for great service, food, and ambiance for your special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2014I think the strength is the appetizers. The servers weren't very attentive-I had an empty water glass most of the night. The food is not bad, but with the build-up on the menu and the prices, not great either. I had the saffron infused Sea Bass and I couldn't taste the saffron. The fish tasted fine, it was light and a little flaky inside. I'm not sure if it was broiled as it had a bit of a thickened outer layer (not skin). I dont think it was fried. But the texture was fine, just a bit unusual. It came with a black style arborio style rice which was fine and some kind of white side that lacked flavor.
- Excellent Experience!!chimichurri2Dined on 2/16/2014From the moment you walk in the decor is great! The Tapas Bar was very romantic and the food was excellent!! Our waitress was incredible!! Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to try Sunday Brunch...alanqmDined on 2/16/2014Adequate selection of Spanish food, nice ambiance and attentive service. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiting gameRockyDined on 1/25/2014Had a reservation for 830 pm didn't get our table till 915 pm was a little disappointed with that!!!
- Wonderful interesting menu.SherryDined on 1/23/2014Wonderful interesting menu. Always try a few new Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday date with the girls!JojoVoDined on 1/10/2014Great place to unwind on a Friday evening after work with fellow friends to talk the night away while enjoying a variety of Sangrias and full size Tapas at a very affordable Happy Hour Price. Will be visiting again!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchJD40Dined on 1/5/2014Great food selection, very good waitress, reasonably priced. Will go again! Guy played music while we ate. It would help if the food was labelled though -- especially the more Spanish oriented dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Tapas!MC831Dined on 11/29/2013We were in Riverside for the "Lights" opening ceremony and street celebration. While sitting in Mission Inn's Presidential Lounge for cocktails, a couple recommended Sevilla which we parked right next a couple blocks away. Having just returned from a trip to Spain (Barcelona) we said why not? We were not disappointed. We tried a little bit of everything (lamb, garlic shrimp, calamari, potatoes, sausage and sangria). In some cases, these tapas were better than those we tried in Spain...authentic, nice portion size, reasonable, delicious! We were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and food. Next time, we will sample paella and sit upstairs for the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackGabbyDined on 11/29/2013First impressions mean everything. Our first impression is a lasting one. The romantic and quiet ambiance made one for enjoyable dining. The Mar y Tierra Brocheta of beef and shrimp was cooked to perfection with just right amount of servings, including the Machego Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Asperagus. Located just off the 91 freeway on Mission Inn Blvd, it is within walking distance to other sites and the Mission Inn. Highly recommend this restaurant for couples and families. Wife was truly impressed with service and dining experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with Cafe Sevillaphoneguy951Dined on 11/28/2013I've dined here many times. It's one of my favorite local restaurants, filled with charm, character, and friendly staff. The tapas selections are wonderful. Their parking situation, though, has become tight recently, and valet becomes the only other option when the free spaces fill up, which is rather quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private party taking up downstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2013I went there for a nice dining experience on Wednesday 11/27/2013 @ 7:30pm. The dining experience was ok and the server Conrad was great. I went there for a true dining experience and because there was a private party taking up the downstairs we had to sit in the bar area upstairs with a TV on the wall on a table in the middle of the room. Had I known that ahead of time, I would've passed on visiting and wish I would've been notified earlier when making the reservation that your general dining area was not available. I find it very tacky to have dinner in a bar area. I went there with certain expectations and a nice 4-5* rated establishment and had an El Torito or TGIF type of experience. I wish it had been better at half the cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov 27OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/27/2013We dine at Sevilla several times a year. It is a 45 minute drive but we feel it is worth the drive. We have dined at all the locations but this is our favorite in Rivetside.Special Features:
- Birthday DestinationLAChingonaDined on 11/14/2013While we were dining, our server was not very attentive. Other, minor servers were, however, making up for that. Then there was the crostini affair. We asked for extra crostini (since three or more of the dishes we'd ordered came with only -4 crostini) and there were four of us dining. We got four extra, but then were told that it would be $5 for four additional crostini. More than a dollar each for toasted slivers of bread. I hate to be this nitpicky about it, but we were made to feel like we were not honored guests but somehow trying to freeload. It soured my birthday dinner experience, which is a shame because the food itself was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at SevillaMissyDined on 10/20/2013I had been to Sevilla for dinner before but never for brunch. It was awesome. I tried to try a little bit of everything (or most things at least). There was a huge spread. Make your own omelette and crepe bar (the crepe was FAB!) Desserts were good too. They have a chocolate fountain and fruit to dunk in the chocolate. The best thing I had was the spicy Spanish sausage. It was so tasty and I normally don't like sausages that much. The chicken and pork was a little dry, but we didn't take any of the dipping sauces that the restaurant offered. They also had unlimited Champagne, we did not partake, but it looked like it would be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.