Cafe Sevilla- Long Beach
140 Pine Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Sevilla- Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafesevilla.com/
- Phone: 5624951111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am,
Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Cesar Castillo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cafe Sevilla- Long Beach
Authentic Spanish Cuisine and Tapas Bar with dinner shows on weekends and a Spanish Flamenco Guitarist at the Tapas Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cafe Sevilla- Long Beach - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Cafe Sevilla- Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (18)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cafe Sevilla delivers again!GlutenFreeDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food and service once again! The only negative was the skirt steak with mushrooms tasted like beef stroganoff...not good or up to their usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spotkevristenDined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. They take their time and explain the menu. The menu is in Spanish and English, but it still helps if you are not familiar with Spanish food.Special Features:
- The bread is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Skip the mushrooms in garlic...they used to be wonderful, but this time they were flavorless...must have changed the recipe. Get the olive bread with aioli, the manchego and the bacon wrapped dates. Also the flat iron steak with blue cheese. Order extra olive bread and aioli...YOU'LL EAT IT!!!Special Features:
- WORST HOSTESSenzo1984Dined on 9/5/2014We arrived at the restaurant at 6:40PM on Friday, 90% of the sitting was open, however hostess seated us by the door despite my repeated request to be seated at the booth. Her response was that those are reserved for party of 4 or more, and I asked to be seated to the larger table next to us, to which she said it was reserved. OK. I understand, and I am OK with this, only if it was TRUE. Later I find many people that came AFTER us, being seated at the booth (ofcourse, I am talking about 4~5 couples, less than party of 4) and the larger table next us (which was supposed to be reserved) was left empty until the very end of the night. Do not sacrifice customer satisfaction trying to squeeze in as many people as possible. and Don't Lie!
- Not as good as it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2014The paella was not as flavor able as before. A lot less for two people than they served before.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I love this place! The food is always fantastic as is the service. Our server Kerri was the best we've ever had. She was so knowledgeable about the menu and super friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend that you request her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!!LaDolceVitaVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a fabulous meal sitting outside! The food transported me back to Spain--authentic and delicious! The Spanish music competed the ambiance--very romantic! I will be going back!!!dSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GlutenFreeDined on 8/18/2014Excellent service, food and beverages as always! Great spot for gluten free foodies.Special Features:
- Great Spanish SpotHungryGDPDined on 8/13/2014This place had a cool vibe n colorful, artful ambience. The service was great n the food was delicious. My only qualm about the food was that the Paella could've used more rice Most Paella dishes r dense on a full bed of Saffron n rice but here they were kind of skimpy. Other than that all the food was from the tapas to the rice to the main course n dessert. I would recommend a changing station for parents w/newborns like myself, could be more family/baby friendly. Overall, Cafe Sevilla was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish find!Jolie1199Dined on 8/9/2014Great live spanish-music and fabulous Sangria! The area in front of the stage becomes a mini-dance floor and everyone joins in the dancing! The only complaint is the wait even with a reservation, its just that busy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Took 20 minutes after reservation time to get a table. Food is great but the price, I think, is higher than I thought it should be.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and foodLRreviewsDined on 7/17/2014Excellent food and the staff was great. The warm olive loaf was a great start leading into great paella and scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for dinner!mestevODined on 7/17/2014Twas a vibrant, energetic place for dinner smack dab in the middle of the scene in Long Beach! Food was delicious, our server Maria was absolutely wonderful and have great suggestions. We sat outside in the patio and lots of hustlin & bustlin around at dinner time right there on Pine Ave. Quite the list of sangrias which were tasty as well!Special Features:
- Slight confusionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014There was a mix up with attempting to make a reservation for dinner while also attempting to attend the dance/entertainment provided. While making reservations online, I am instructed to make accommodations for the live entertainment at the restaurant. Once at the restaurant, I am informed that accommodations for the entertainment are made online. The hostess said she would give us the number to the "box office" but never returned. Going to see the dancers is a big part of the reason I chose restaurant to celebrate my mother's birthday and am still interested obtaining tickets, if that is what is necessary, to be a part of this show.Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 7/11/2014We have visited this beautiful restaurant on numerous occasions . In fact, we are members of their frequency club. Our most recent visit gives us pause for returning. Our waiter/server was nin existanr. No attentive - had to ask bus person to get him to order more wine. When we pointed out calamari was not at all up to standards-miniscule meat, bready, greasy, and overcooked - he just said he's tell rhe chef then took our quarter eaten dish away after asking:"all done"? Never made any attempt to replace or remove from our bill. I didn't want to make a scene as this was my wife and my few romantic dinners out. Ten dollars wasted. Sad as we really like the place but probably won't return. Have they changed ownership?Special Features:
- Spanish TapasawmastenDined on 7/9/2014The food is what sets this place apart, which is good as the service and atmosphere were somewhat lacking. They were out of our first two drink options, which was not the right way to start, before the waitress mentioned that all of the specialty Sangrias were unavailable. The ceviche with the mussels was fantastic. The scallops simply melted in your mouth. Next the I would go earlier ad once the salsa dancing started you couldn't hear yourself think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eltiolocoDined on 7/9/2014Good location and very interesting place to have a drink, Tapas and dancing. The menu is somewhat limited and prices are very high for the food. However, quality of the food is good.Special Features:
- Next best thing to being there!CalmamaDined on 6/27/2014Having been to Spain recently, Sevilla in particular, we wanted to recreate the exceptional culinary experience. We discovered Cafe Sevilla in Long Beach. We booked our reservation with ease, thank you open table! We sat in a quiet, romantic corner on the outside patio. Our server was excellent. The drinks were fabulous. And the food was unbelievable! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJnDMunozAnvrsryDined on 6/19/2014I love Sevillas. The food is amazing. The sangria royal is a must. Our bartender Kristen was a rock star!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic TapasJimboDined on 6/9/2014Having been to Spain, I look for tapas dining whenever I can. Sevilla was great and very authentic. We were too early for the live music, so plan accordingly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the Cafe Sevilla- Long Beach reviews archive.
- speciality foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Hard to find classic oldies such as rabbit. Sevilla prepared it perfectly. Along with other dishes from the Seville regionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/14/2014The food at Cafe Sevilla was exquisite. I would definitely recommend going there if you are in Beverly Hills. Try the pasts dishes with a glass of wine and take in the scenery around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TAPASOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2014Small plates were all great, with very moderate pricing[ Happy Hour food pricing goes to 7:00 pm.] Decor is reminiscent of a cafe in Spain!===JA.Special Features:
- Great Live BandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed the food, service and most of all the Live Band.Special Features:
- no good1customerDined on 5/10/2014we order an entry and a paella,they served the paella first and them the appetizers wow...Special Features:
- Flamenco show was amazing..........sk714Dined on 5/10/2014Went to this restaurant with my boyfriend as a pre- Spain trips date night. Had the living social 5 course meal with karaff of sangria. The sangria was ok, the food was heavy bit good. My favorite was the cerviche and the meatball soup. Kinda cool u could finish your meal while watching the show but we asked twice if they could take the paella we were done with out of the way ando aot they never did. The flan was alright. The flamenco show was good but u have to sit upfront or u can only see from their waist upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/5/2014This restaurant is one of our favorite! Karina and Paul are the best! They become to like an old friends of ours, they know our taste, our favorite drink, favorite food! Make us keep coming back over and over!Special Features:
- Good TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We had 2 - 5 course meal for 2 which should be just right for four people right... Well we went Friday night and it's Sunday and I'm still eating leftovers. The service was great... Tapas kept coming to our table... It was almost overwhelming (and I'm 6'2" 240 so I can eat. Sangeeta pitchers are a must.... Well worth the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good...service fair.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We dined outside after an afternoon Saturday matinee at the Carpenter Center in Long Beach. Service was fair, our waiter suggestions seemed like he was more interested in padding our tab versus really helping us order. Our meal was VERY good and reminiscence of our time in Barcelona. We split a few tapas and then a small seafood paella.Special Features:
- Maybe not Spain, but closeCebrennanDined on 4/17/2014Great seafood, excellent options, attentive servers and an excellent selection of Spanish wines. Tried the meal for two and found the tapas were a bit over-rich and the paella a bit thin so be selective. Bread for the table would have been appreciated as would coffee offered at meal end. This was my second visit and most certainly not the last. Absolutely worth your time to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Centrally located...food was okayDeejayofSouthBayDined on 4/11/2014Tapas are always good to share, and I feel like I can try more things on the menu. The Abondigas meatballs and the bone marrow something or other were very tasty. It's got a salsa band that plays later in the evening, so this is not the place to have a quiet romantic evening to talk about your hopes and dreams. Because its centrally located, this is the spot to start your caraaaaazy night on the town in the LBC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas in Long Beach!BluffHeightsVIPDined on 4/9/2014The food is great, wonderful Sangria and if course the extensive tapas menu is very authentic and well-prepared. Our server Elizabeth us amazing and recognized us from a previous dinner reservation. She was not only very attentive, but you could tell she had a fervor and zest for her work and Sevilla's food! That is why we return time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2014This was my third trip and it's consistently one of my favorite restaurants!! The food is always a huge hit, every dish is incredibly flavorful and the desserts are fantastic as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOT4KIDZDined on 4/5/2014RSVPing was very easy via mobile and when I had to change times last minute, it was just a snap. Service was ok, but I won't blame the whole place, just the waiter at the time. He lagged and I had to call him back ever now and then to receive things. He didn't check on us once. Other than that, its noisy inside, live bad is great ,music great and food passes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationBuddyDined on 4/5/2014Overall it was a good experience but had to wait about 30 minutes for a table when I had made a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuncvgetawayDined on 4/5/2014Very good food with a fun atmosphere. The service was not good by any means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' the small platesGabiDined on 4/5/2014Everything on this menu is outstanding - the service impeccable. No review can do this amazing downtown Long Beach gem justice. This is a must try restaurant.Special Features:
- dinnerLMSDDined on 3/25/2014Very Disappointing. This restaurant was recommended by the Westin for the salsa.... they don't even have any. Language barrier if you only speak English. Mary Anne was our very disappointing waitress. Would not recommend and will not return on our next visit to Long Beach.
- Packed on the weekendFunFoodieDined on 3/22/2014We Arrived Saturday night without a reservation at 9 PM. The hostess basically refused to seat us without a reservation. So I went to open table and made a reservation in 15 minutes and got a table. The service was a little slow, but probably because it was very busy. They had a live band and a lot of dancing. It was quite lively. Definitely a fun place to hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Spot on a Saturday Night!VariaDined on 3/22/2014I'll keep coming back and bringing my friends...I love everything about Sevilla--the food, the service, the ambiance, all of it! Melissa was our server and she took excellent care of us. I also liked how the vegetarian and gluten-free menus were separated for those who needed them. The music was great (not live)...great Mediterranean mix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.