64 W Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafesantorini.com/
- Phone: 6265644200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Ramon Mendez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for information about outside catering & take out. We can also accommodate special requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini offers an ideal setting for weddings, personal celebrations, or corporate events. Our Mezzanine room holds up to 25 guests. Our Rococo Room holds up to 170 seated guests and Pandora on Green holds up to 320 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Stacy Udave 6265644200
- Special Events: Wether you're planning a wedding reception, anniversary or a business event, Cafe Santorini is your solution.
We can accommodate up to 170 seated guests in the Rococo Room and up to 340 in Pandora on Green.
A word from Cafe Santorini
Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Santorini - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Cafe Santorini reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (146)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (73)romantic (71)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (61)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (24)scenic view (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (20)hot spot (18)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- i'd go back just for the bruschettaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014the food was AMAZING it was the little "hush hush" ingredients that made the plate delicious. the service was excellent. the ambiance was beautiful. i really couldn't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We came for a special occasion. The food was and service was excellent. Two members of our party have severe food allergies, but after speaking with the manager, I felt confident that their diet could be accommodated. Our server was very helpful - he consulted with the chef on good food choices and the kitchen specially prepared some of the dishes. The portion sizes are generous. The outstanding dish at our table was the Lamb Souvlaki. Note: The restaurant is a historical building so there are no elevators for anyone who cannot walk stairs.Special Features:
- Nice but slowAnaDVIPDined on 9/27/2014The place is great for outdoor dining, we ordered appetizers that took way too long considering they were remade items. THe main course did come quickly and were delicious!Special Features:
- My favoriteLaurieSVIPDined on 9/27/2014I visit the restaurant frequently and love it each and every time.Special Features:
- my new favorite restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014It was my first time at Cafe Santorini and I loved it!! The food was absolutely delicious and service was really good. Very romantic atmosphere but also great for small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok, not impressive.DinerDined on 9/22/2014Food was a bit bland. Service was ok. Our server gave us "the look" when we asked him to split the bill for us. He did it though.Special Features:
- Wonderful place in Old TownTanninsDined on 9/20/2014Great happy hour - Must orders are the grilled calamari, saffron clams (ask for more bread, it's all about the sauce!!!), croquettes. Outdoor seating is ideal just before sunset. The tables are a bit too close to each other and the service is all dependent on who you get as a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!RonBDined on 9/20/2014Good service, excellent food. We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, great/friendly server, and awesome ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old place getting tiredTlcfoodieDined on 9/19/2014This place needs some TLC. It's never a good thing to notice going in that a restaurant needs some basic upkeep, paint, cleaning, bathroom help. It's gotten tired looking and it's a sign that they don't take pride in their establishment anymore. The service was good. The food was just ok. (Lambshank was a bit tough and not hot.) We won't run back and can't recommend it. It's sad because Old Town and Cafe Santorini are not what they used to be for dining.Special Features:
- Bill LacknerEBLosAngelesDined on 9/17/2014Everything was good about the Santorini Cafe, service and all, but this was the first time (a birthday dinner) we had to contend with swiping flies off our plates while eating dinner - and lots of them. Didn't expect it to be exercising while I'm eating. It was gross and it ruined the whole experience for us.Special Features:
- Always greatLaurieSVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again a fabulous meal. The grilled calamari cannot be beat. The specials are always interesting and good. Prices are quite reasonable. Service is the best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014We had an outstanding dinner, I was very impressed with both the service and the food, go.Special Features:
- Great dinner locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great atmospher, food. Great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Who knew?LPR1956VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lovely setting. A lamb shank to die for and amazing service. We took our waiter's advice and had the Lebanese red wine. It was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many tablesGeraldDined on 9/6/2014The food is good but the tables are crowded together.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Cafe Santorini is awesome!! Great food!!! Great service!!! Beautiful patio!! Cant wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Since 10 years I'm with friends in the restaurant. Always a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- Turn it upJoycdVIPDined on 8/30/2014food was good, restaurant too hot and made it less than a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Great for special occassion!DrinPasadenaDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday earlier this month; sat out on the outdoor balcony; sangria, brashetta, salad and halibut were outstanding-and they brought out a small chocolate cake with candle! So, this was the natural choice to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary-and again the quality of the service and food was excellent! A great place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!PJofChagrinDined on 8/25/2014We love to eat out and this was one of the best meals we've had in years. It was a Tuesday night so they were busy but not crowded. We had Caesar salad, meatball soup (special), the lamb shank and chicken kabobs. Each dish was a "10", including molten chocolate cake and expresso. Great wait staff. This will be a regular stop when we visit Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/24/2014excellent location; great food; outstanding ambience. great place to meet for any occasion!Special Features:
- Off the beaten path...Jewelee22Dined on 8/22/2014This was mine and my husbands first time here and we loved it and plan on returning. My friend that went with us suggested it. The ambiance was great, not dark but not bright, the restaurant was clean, and the decor was very nice. We sat at the bar and had a drink while we waited for our table. The only thing wrong was the bartender forgot one of our drinks and we had to reorder. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The prices were reasonable for the overall experience. I like too that it's not right on Colorado, it's a block or two away from Colorado. It seemed like more locals than tourists, which I enjoyed since I live local. Absolutely a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlove2dineDined on 8/22/2014me and my wife like the food, but they sat us to close to another table that we can hear there conversation, the drink are pricey but the food is amazing. next time ill request to be sat outside. total me and my wife spend $170 plus tip. I would like to visit this place again when is not to crowded.Special Features:
- A Lovely Evening Under the Stars...SoCalgalDined on 8/22/2014Summer breezes, good wine and excellent food. Out on the upstairs patio at Santorini on an August night. Away from all the hustle and noise of the street, it was truly a wonderful restaurant experience. Service was excellent and food was very good. Lots of great selections on the menu. Our server made some great recommendations and while I wasn't really expecting great service with all the people there (it was packed!), he was attentive, personable and professional. The patio can be a bit loud, and the tables are pretty close together but the timing worked out so that the table next to us left soon after we sat down...so it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLaurieSVIPDined on 8/21/2014This has become our default restaurant. The service is always top-notch. The food is varied and fresh and excellent. We eat at Cafe Santorini quite often.Special Features:
- Good food. Needs more a/cRjk412Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and the back waiters were nice. Our particular waiter seemed a little checked out and wanted a quick table turn over. He never checked to see if we liked our food. Overall good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsCaliStardustDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated a graduation here with and it was fantastic. The food was excellently prepared and the portions were quite large. Everything tasted very fresh and full of flavor. The martini I got was also very well made, not too strong with a perfect balance of fruit flavors. We brought a cake and the restaurant was very accommodating. Our servers were very attentive and made sure we always had refills on our waters and had everything we needed.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchersBirthdayLunchersDined on 8/12/2014Cafe Santorini was the perfect choice for our party of 8 dual birthday celebration luncheon! The table on the patio, the service & the food were ALL outstanding! The "birthday girl" declared her Rib Eye Salad the best salad (especially the dressing) she's ever eaten! EVERYONE enjoyed their selections! Not a negative comment from anyone about anything...which, with this group, is unusual! I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch &/or any celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!MissMcFlyVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food is great a so is the service. Not to mention, the outdoor seating offers a beautiful veiw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuv2dineDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great presentation and all except one grumpy waiter if was great service. It was really warm inside and because its really crowded it made it worse. I think the outdoor seating is best but they need to give customers personal space between tables. Some seating is close enough to hear whispers. The food and outdoor seating is worth it so I'll be coming back. Beware, there is a cake cutting fee that they don't tell you about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OscarDined on 8/9/2014Great food, but tables are very close together where we were sitting so we had no privacy. No room for waiting area.Special Features:
- SkeetmanDined on 8/9/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times, and have always enjoyed it. Great value, excellent food, very nice ambience. Our experience was marred this time by two things: (1) a large party of single women were partying a little too hard, and a couple of them had loud, shrieking laughs. And (2) our server was pretty poor. After our meal was served, we never saw him again. I typically have two glasses of wine with my meal, but never the opportunity to order that second glass.Special Features:
- *Thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I discovered this restaurant 4 years ago and I am still in love with all they have to offer. Service and attention to detail has gotten better and better every time I visit. Thank you Cafe Santorini!Special Features:
- More than satisfiedDinerDined on 8/2/2014We had a 7 pm reservation on a busy Saturday night. They seated us immediately out on the beautiful balcony that I requested. Yes, the tables are a bit close together. I recommend getting one next to the restaurant or the flowered covered railing. Still, it is not really a problem. My date and I had no trouble holding a conversation in our normal speaking voices. Plus, and she really liked this, you can actually dress nicely here and feel at home. The service was terrific. Everyone was friendly and attentive. I mean everyone, from the hostess to the busboy, and of course, the waiter. As for the food? It was the best mousaka I have ever had. Her lamb dish was also excellent. I will be coming back here.Special Features:
- Romantic neighborhood gemtboneDined on 8/1/2014Beautiful Bldg, loved the hole in the wall feeling then finding it and walking up staris to the resturant. My boyfriend and i had resevations that we were a little early for, so we ended up waiting at the bar which was nice. The service at the bar was outstanding up untill our table was ready and they didnt offer to take our bottle of wine and glasses to our table. We had to carry everything ourselfs through the crowded room. We requested eating on the patio, it was a beautiful area in-between bricked walls, the lighting was perfect for a special ocassion. The food was great, the service at our table was not so great, towards the end of the night it looked like our server ignored the smaller tables and only waited on his bigger parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointingicemanDined on 8/1/2014Went here with my girlfriend for our anniversary. She ordered what the waiter recommended (fish) and was very disappointed. She only took two bites and couldn't finish the rest. I ordered the shrimp with noodles( can't recall the proper name) and it was okay. I only finished half of my plate. The waiter was nice. Paid $61.00 for our dinner for 2 plates neither one if us enjoyed. The ambience was very nice.Special Features:
- Mediterranean EscapeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It had been some years since I last visited Cafe Santorini, and I'm so happy to see that it hasn't lost its old world charm. What a great place to celebrate an intimate birthday dinner with friends and family. Our server, a native from Greece, was very polite and personable. The white sangria is a refreshing choice on the terrace on a warm summer evening. All of the seafood dishes our group ordered were presented beautifully, right out of a culinary magazine. If I had to note one complaint, it would be that our server forgot our request for olive oil to dip the bread in.Special Features:
- Enjoyable enough w/unique choicesOutForFunVIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed our meal and the broad selections on the menu ranging from Mediterranean to Italian. Bread brought to table was great! Two specials were offered by the waiter; I tried one as it was a filet of sole stuffed with crab. I prefer servers to offer the prices on specials, and usually ask if not, but forgot on this one. And I did have some sticker shock ($30); especially considering the sole tasted fishy / not fresh to me. Salad with watercress and gorgonzola was good but felt greens were a little limp. Could be the weather as it was unusually hot in Pasadena the days I was there. Lamb with orzo dish very well seasoned and lamb was very tender. Thought dish could have been served warmer...seemed a little warmed over.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014The vagetable come with grilled calamari was not fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.