64 W Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafesantorini.com/
- Phone: 6265644200x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Cesar Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for information about outside catering & take out. We can also accommodate special requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini offers an ideal setting for weddings, personal celebrations, or corporate events. Our Mezzanine room holds up to 25 guests. Our Rococo Room holds up to 170 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Rubio 6265644200x
- Special Events: Wether you're planning a wedding reception, anniversary or a business event, Cafe Santorini is your solution.
We can accommodate up to 170 seated guests in the Rococo Room and up to 340 in Pandora on Green.
A word from Cafe Santorini
Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Santorini - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Cafe Santorini reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (132)neighborhood gem (70)romantic (66)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (59)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (20)scenic view (19)late-night find (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food. Nice blend between Italian and Greek cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean at its bestSoCalJoyceDined on 10/12/2014I had eaten at Santorini several times in the past, but somehow forgot about it. When college friends came for dinner, I needed good food, pleasant ambiance, and a place that welcomed larger parties. Santorini not only nailed it, but everyone loved it. We were celebrating 4 birthdays and were pleasantly surprised when our server brought us flour less chocolate cake with raspberries and candles. I won't again forget that this restaurant is one of my favorites. Prices are reasonable and servings large.Special Features:
- Great value dining in PasadenaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014The food was reasonably priced and very flavorfull. The green curry risoto with scallops was a nice find. My husband really enjoyed his musaka. All the wine by glass choices were fine, but not great. We didn't try dessert as we were all full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & AmbianceBlackLabelVIPDined on 10/10/2014Santorini never fails when it comes to providing a beautiful space for enjoying delicious Mediterranean dishes (the dolmas and caprese are musts) over good wine and with good company. On this particular occasion, we gathered for a girls' birthday night out -- and the patio and good service left nothing to be desired. Whether I'm with a group on having a quiet dinner for two, Santorini is on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect nightDevoDined on 10/5/2014a friend recommended cafe santorini to me for my mom's birthday dinner. it was even better than she'd said. our service was amazing, the food was delicious with wonderful presentation, and the cocktails and wine were great, too. they stuffed butternut squash was a welcome vegetarian option, the lamb was incredible and the shrimp appetizer was unique. i would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- night at Santorini cafeluv2dineDined on 10/4/2014I made a reservation and left a note saying that i was taking my girlfriend there to have a dinner for our anniversary. When we got there the host congratulated us for our anniversary. I thought that was good because my girlfriend wasn't expecting it and she loved the comment. The food was great but it did take a little waiting to get to our table. The ambience was good but i was kind of awkward when i realized that the tables were alittle to close to eachother, i felt like i had enough privacy for a great dinner. Bedides that everything else was good and dessert was on the house bc of our anniversary, the waiter surprised usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rarefoodieDined on 10/4/2014Seating is a bit closer together than I would prefer. Couple next to us and we could hear their entire conversation.Special Features:
- Delicous & BeautifulmestevODined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed the warm weather on the al fresco dining patio outside...soooo nice! The servings were generous and the food was delicious! The mushroom risotto is amazing and the spicy tuna tartar was incredible! And the sangrias are perfect for a warm autumn night in Pasadena.Special Features:
- Still great after all these yearsSpecialSpotDined on 9/28/2014We have been coming to this incredible restaurant for almost 20 years....like all great things in life...they just improve with age !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'd go back just for the bruschettaJonathanCivilDined on 9/27/2014the food was AMAZING it was the little "hush hush" ingredients that made the plate delicious. the service was excellent. the ambiance was beautiful. i really couldn't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bruins84Dined on 9/27/2014We came for a special occasion. The food was and service was excellent. Two members of our party have severe food allergies, but after speaking with the manager, I felt confident that their diet could be accommodated. Our server was very helpful - he consulted with the chef on good food choices and the kitchen specially prepared some of the dishes. The portion sizes are generous. The outstanding dish at our table was the Lamb Souvlaki. Note: The restaurant is a historical building so there are no elevators for anyone who cannot walk stairs.Special Features:
- Nice but slowAnaDVIPDined on 9/27/2014The place is great for outdoor dining, we ordered appetizers that took way too long considering they were remade items. THe main course did come quickly and were delicious!Special Features:
- My favoriteLaurieSVIPDined on 9/27/2014I visit the restaurant frequently and love it each and every time.Special Features:
- my new favorite restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014It was my first time at Cafe Santorini and I loved it!! The food was absolutely delicious and service was really good. Very romantic atmosphere but also great for small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok, not impressive.DinerDined on 9/22/2014Food was a bit bland. Service was ok. Our server gave us "the look" when we asked him to split the bill for us. He did it though.Special Features:
- Wonderful place in Old TownTanninsDined on 9/20/2014Great happy hour - Must orders are the grilled calamari, saffron clams (ask for more bread, it's all about the sauce!!!), croquettes. Outdoor seating is ideal just before sunset. The tables are a bit too close to each other and the service is all dependent on who you get as a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!RonBDined on 9/20/2014Good service, excellent food. We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, great/friendly server, and awesome ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old place getting tiredTlcfoodieDined on 9/19/2014This place needs some TLC. It's never a good thing to notice going in that a restaurant needs some basic upkeep, paint, cleaning, bathroom help. It's gotten tired looking and it's a sign that they don't take pride in their establishment anymore. The service was good. The food was just ok. (Lambshank was a bit tough and not hot.) We won't run back and can't recommend it. It's sad because Old Town and Cafe Santorini are not what they used to be for dining.Special Features:
- Mark Dmdavi007VIPDined on 9/18/2014Great outdoor dining. We've done several large family celebration dinners at Cafe Santorini and have never been let down. BTW - the calamari is a MUST HAVE.Special Features:
- Bill LacknerEBLosAngelesDined on 9/17/2014Everything was good about the Santorini Cafe, service and all, but this was the first time (a birthday dinner) we had to contend with swiping flies off our plates while eating dinner - and lots of them. Didn't expect it to be exercising while I'm eating. It was gross and it ruined the whole experience for us.Special Features:
- Always greatLaurieSVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again a fabulous meal. The grilled calamari cannot be beat. The specials are always interesting and good. Prices are quite reasonable. Service is the best.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014We had an outstanding dinner, I was very impressed with both the service and the food, go.Special Features:
- Great dinner locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great atmospher, food. Great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Who knew?LPR1956VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lovely setting. A lamb shank to die for and amazing service. We took our waiter's advice and had the Lebanese red wine. It was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many tablesGeraldDined on 9/6/2014The food is good but the tables are crowded together.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Cafe Santorini is awesome!! Great food!!! Great service!!! Beautiful patio!! Cant wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Since 10 years I'm with friends in the restaurant. Always a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- Turn it upJoycdVIPDined on 8/30/2014food was good, restaurant too hot and made it less than a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Great for special occassion!DrinPasadenaDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday earlier this month; sat out on the outdoor balcony; sangria, brashetta, salad and halibut were outstanding-and they brought out a small chocolate cake with candle! So, this was the natural choice to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary-and again the quality of the service and food was excellent! A great place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!PJofChagrinDined on 8/25/2014We love to eat out and this was one of the best meals we've had in years. It was a Tuesday night so they were busy but not crowded. We had Caesar salad, meatball soup (special), the lamb shank and chicken kabobs. Each dish was a "10", including molten chocolate cake and expresso. Great wait staff. This will be a regular stop when we visit Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/24/2014excellent location; great food; outstanding ambience. great place to meet for any occasion!Special Features:
- Off the beaten path...Jewelee22Dined on 8/22/2014This was mine and my husbands first time here and we loved it and plan on returning. My friend that went with us suggested it. The ambiance was great, not dark but not bright, the restaurant was clean, and the decor was very nice. We sat at the bar and had a drink while we waited for our table. The only thing wrong was the bartender forgot one of our drinks and we had to reorder. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The prices were reasonable for the overall experience. I like too that it's not right on Colorado, it's a block or two away from Colorado. It seemed like more locals than tourists, which I enjoyed since I live local. Absolutely a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlove2dineDined on 8/22/2014me and my wife like the food, but they sat us to close to another table that we can hear there conversation, the drink are pricey but the food is amazing. next time ill request to be sat outside. total me and my wife spend $170 plus tip. I would like to visit this place again when is not to crowded.Special Features:
- A Lovely Evening Under the Stars...SoCalgalDined on 8/22/2014Summer breezes, good wine and excellent food. Out on the upstairs patio at Santorini on an August night. Away from all the hustle and noise of the street, it was truly a wonderful restaurant experience. Service was excellent and food was very good. Lots of great selections on the menu. Our server made some great recommendations and while I wasn't really expecting great service with all the people there (it was packed!), he was attentive, personable and professional. The patio can be a bit loud, and the tables are pretty close together but the timing worked out so that the table next to us left soon after we sat down...so it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLaurieSVIPDined on 8/21/2014This has become our default restaurant. The service is always top-notch. The food is varied and fresh and excellent. We eat at Cafe Santorini quite often.Special Features:
- Good food. Needs more a/cRjk412Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and the back waiters were nice. Our particular waiter seemed a little checked out and wanted a quick table turn over. He never checked to see if we liked our food. Overall good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsCaliStardustDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated a graduation here with and it was fantastic. The food was excellently prepared and the portions were quite large. Everything tasted very fresh and full of flavor. The martini I got was also very well made, not too strong with a perfect balance of fruit flavors. We brought a cake and the restaurant was very accommodating. Our servers were very attentive and made sure we always had refills on our waters and had everything we needed.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchersBirthdayLunchersDined on 8/12/2014Cafe Santorini was the perfect choice for our party of 8 dual birthday celebration luncheon! The table on the patio, the service & the food were ALL outstanding! The "birthday girl" declared her Rib Eye Salad the best salad (especially the dressing) she's ever eaten! EVERYONE enjoyed their selections! Not a negative comment from anyone about anything...which, with this group, is unusual! I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch &/or any celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!MissMcFlyVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food is great a so is the service. Not to mention, the outdoor seating offers a beautiful veiw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.