64 W Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafesantorini.com/
- Phone: (626) 564-4200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Cesar Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for information about outside catering & take out. We can also accommodate special requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini offers an ideal setting for weddings, personal celebrations, or corporate events. Our Mezzanine room holds up to 25 guests. Our Rococo Room holds up to 170 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Rubio 6265644200x
- Special Events: Wether you're planning a wedding reception, anniversary or a business event, Cafe Santorini is your solution.
We can accommodate up to 170 seated guests in the Rococo Room and up to 340 in Pandora on Green.
A word from Cafe Santorini
Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Santorini - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Cafe Santorini reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (122)neighborhood gem (70)romantic (64)fit for foodies (62)special occasion (60)good for groups (57)great for lunch (33)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (19)scenic view (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Still a GemLizRDined on 11/18/2014Café Santorini has been in Pasadena for many years. Returned recently for a girls lunch and it was the gem we remembered. Nice menu, reasonably priced, great food and drink. Wonderful service by experienced servers. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!wongbertDined on 11/15/2014We went for an anniversary dinner and brought our kids. The food was tasty and looked great on the plate. We tried a variety of the kabobs, the beef being very tender and flavorful. The highlight dish though was the linguine with clams. The buttery sauce was the best, great with their house bread. The wife had a white sangria which was delicious as well. The restaurant included a bar area, interior dining and a covered patio area. Ambiance was very nice and classy. Keep in mind that the cafe is on the second floor and requires walking up stairs. All in all, the experience was fantastic, hitting a good balance between ambiance, service and food. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience.Kylo64Dined on 11/6/2014This was our first time here. The food was great, the service was top notch. I would recommend Cafe Santorini to anyone who loves good food in a really nice setting.Special Features:
- 72of500VIPDined on 11/2/2014Great view, good food and service. We really enjoyed our lunch at cafe santorini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfying!lovesfoodDined on 11/1/2014This is a lively place - can get a bit crowded but the energy is nice. Note that on game nights the shuttles for the UCLA Football games depart across the street so parking is at a premium and the restaurant will be busy - but we had a reservation and were seated promptly. They started us out with a basket of well-seasoned flatbread - very good. The small Greek Salad was nicely dressed with plenty of herbs in the vinaigrette. The Tomato Bisque was a little creamier than I like but there was a nice depth of flavor. We had the Lamb with Orzo in a nice red sauce and the Short Rib Special -- both were terrific. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. We always have a good experience at Cafe Santorini and this was no exception!Special Features:
- We got luckyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We were held up in Rose Bowl traffic and arrived 30 minutes late of our reservation. We called to notify the restaurant and had to leave a message since no one picked up. Upon arriving we fortunately found a couple of seats at the bar, which is where we like to eat so all was good. After checking in with the hostess, we each had fine meals with excellent flavor. The service was also excellent even though the place was quite crowded calling into the restaurant. I don't frequent Pasadena but I would easily return to Cafe Santorini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santorini was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent food, service, and ambiance. My wife and I had the specials, both of which were superb! I've never had better short ribs! We were seated on the patio at a nice table, and our waiter, and all the others that assisted us were attentive but not intrusive. This is definitely a winner!Special Features:
- Really GoodDeliciousOneDined on 10/31/2014I came here with my girlfriend and we have a wonderful time, the atmosphere was romantic and the food was delicious, service was excellent as well. We hope to come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic MealstudiolibDined on 10/25/2014We love going to Cafe Santorini. Dining on the outdoor patio under the mini-lights is always a romantic experience. The restaurant feels as if you are overlooking a European grotto. The Mediterranean based menu has a good assortment for both meat lovers and vegetarians as we had both in our party. The house Sangria lends a nice touch to the overall feel of the restaurant. The space was very lively and quite full on a Saturday evening. Our 7:30 pm reservation found a few diners eating at the barn as tables were quite full. Reservations on popular evenings would be recommended. Although the noise floor was a bit high it lent to an energetic feel to the place and we enjoyed our meal immensely.Special Features:
- Service and food both exceptionalDining91103Dined on 10/23/2014Went here for my gorforend's birthday with my parents. Service was on point and the food matched. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close to awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/23/2014The food was simply not fit for consumption; my date left her entire entree on her plate. The server never bothered to ask whether or not everything was OK-it wasn't. Other food service workers kept annoying us with their insistence of removing glasses, plates, etc before we were ready. Avoid this place!
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food. Nice blend between Italian and Greek cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean at its bestSoCalJoyceDined on 10/12/2014I had eaten at Santorini several times in the past, but somehow forgot about it. When college friends came for dinner, I needed good food, pleasant ambiance, and a place that welcomed larger parties. Santorini not only nailed it, but everyone loved it. We were celebrating 4 birthdays and were pleasantly surprised when our server brought us flour less chocolate cake with raspberries and candles. I won't again forget that this restaurant is one of my favorites. Prices are reasonable and servings large.Special Features:
- Great value dining in PasadenaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014The food was reasonably priced and very flavorfull. The green curry risoto with scallops was a nice find. My husband really enjoyed his musaka. All the wine by glass choices were fine, but not great. We didn't try dessert as we were all full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & AmbianceBlackLabelVIPDined on 10/10/2014Santorini never fails when it comes to providing a beautiful space for enjoying delicious Mediterranean dishes (the dolmas and caprese are musts) over good wine and with good company. On this particular occasion, we gathered for a girls' birthday night out -- and the patio and good service left nothing to be desired. Whether I'm with a group on having a quiet dinner for two, Santorini is on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect nightDevoDined on 10/5/2014a friend recommended cafe santorini to me for my mom's birthday dinner. it was even better than she'd said. our service was amazing, the food was delicious with wonderful presentation, and the cocktails and wine were great, too. they stuffed butternut squash was a welcome vegetarian option, the lamb was incredible and the shrimp appetizer was unique. i would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- night at Santorini cafeluv2dineDined on 10/4/2014I made a reservation and left a note saying that i was taking my girlfriend there to have a dinner for our anniversary. When we got there the host congratulated us for our anniversary. I thought that was good because my girlfriend wasn't expecting it and she loved the comment. The food was great but it did take a little waiting to get to our table. The ambience was good but i was kind of awkward when i realized that the tables were alittle to close to eachother, i felt like i had enough privacy for a great dinner. Bedides that everything else was good and dessert was on the house bc of our anniversary, the waiter surprised usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rarefoodieDined on 10/4/2014Seating is a bit closer together than I would prefer. Couple next to us and we could hear their entire conversation.Special Features:
- Delicous & BeautifulmestevODined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed the warm weather on the al fresco dining patio outside...soooo nice! The servings were generous and the food was delicious! The mushroom risotto is amazing and the spicy tuna tartar was incredible! And the sangrias are perfect for a warm autumn night in Pasadena.Special Features:
- Still great after all these yearsSpecialSpotDined on 9/28/2014We have been coming to this incredible restaurant for almost 20 years....like all great things in life...they just improve with age !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'd go back just for the bruschettaJonathanCivilDined on 9/27/2014the food was AMAZING it was the little "hush hush" ingredients that made the plate delicious. the service was excellent. the ambiance was beautiful. i really couldn't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bruins84Dined on 9/27/2014We came for a special occasion. The food was and service was excellent. Two members of our party have severe food allergies, but after speaking with the manager, I felt confident that their diet could be accommodated. Our server was very helpful - he consulted with the chef on good food choices and the kitchen specially prepared some of the dishes. The portion sizes are generous. The outstanding dish at our table was the Lamb Souvlaki. Note: The restaurant is a historical building so there are no elevators for anyone who cannot walk stairs.Special Features:
- Nice but slowAnaDVIPDined on 9/27/2014The place is great for outdoor dining, we ordered appetizers that took way too long considering they were remade items. THe main course did come quickly and were delicious!Special Features:
- My favoriteLaurieSVIPDined on 9/27/2014I visit the restaurant frequently and love it each and every time.Special Features:
- my new favorite restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014It was my first time at Cafe Santorini and I loved it!! The food was absolutely delicious and service was really good. Very romantic atmosphere but also great for small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok, not impressive.DinerDined on 9/22/2014Food was a bit bland. Service was ok. Our server gave us "the look" when we asked him to split the bill for us. He did it though.Special Features:
- Wonderful place in Old TownTanninsDined on 9/20/2014Great happy hour - Must orders are the grilled calamari, saffron clams (ask for more bread, it's all about the sauce!!!), croquettes. Outdoor seating is ideal just before sunset. The tables are a bit too close to each other and the service is all dependent on who you get as a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!RonBDined on 9/20/2014Good service, excellent food. We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food, great/friendly server, and awesome ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old place getting tiredTlcfoodieDined on 9/19/2014This place needs some TLC. It's never a good thing to notice going in that a restaurant needs some basic upkeep, paint, cleaning, bathroom help. It's gotten tired looking and it's a sign that they don't take pride in their establishment anymore. The service was good. The food was just ok. (Lambshank was a bit tough and not hot.) We won't run back and can't recommend it. It's sad because Old Town and Cafe Santorini are not what they used to be for dining.Special Features:
- Mark Dmdavi007VIPDined on 9/18/2014Great outdoor dining. We've done several large family celebration dinners at Cafe Santorini and have never been let down. BTW - the calamari is a MUST HAVE.Special Features:
- Bill LacknerEBLosAngelesDined on 9/17/2014Everything was good about the Santorini Cafe, service and all, but this was the first time (a birthday dinner) we had to contend with swiping flies off our plates while eating dinner - and lots of them. Didn't expect it to be exercising while I'm eating. It was gross and it ruined the whole experience for us.Special Features:
- Always greatLaurieSVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again a fabulous meal. The grilled calamari cannot be beat. The specials are always interesting and good. Prices are quite reasonable. Service is the best.Special Features:
- MikeyVDined on 9/16/2014We had an outstanding dinner, I was very impressed with both the service and the food, go.Special Features:
- Great dinner locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great atmospher, food. Great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Who knew?LPR1956VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lovely setting. A lamb shank to die for and amazing service. We took our waiter's advice and had the Lebanese red wine. It was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many tablesGeraldDined on 9/6/2014The food is good but the tables are crowded together.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Cafe Santorini is awesome!! Great food!!! Great service!!! Beautiful patio!! Cant wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Since 10 years I'm with friends in the restaurant. Always a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- Turn it upJoycdVIPDined on 8/30/2014food was good, restaurant too hot and made it less than a wonderful experienceSpecial Features: