64 W Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafesantorini.com/
- Phone: 6265644200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Ramon Mendez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for information about outside catering & take out. We can also accommodate special requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini offers an ideal setting for weddings, personal celebrations, or corporate events. Our Mezzanine room holds up to 25 guests. Our Rococo Room holds up to 170 seated guests and Pandora on Green holds up to 320 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Stacy Udave 6265644200
- Special Events: Wether you're planning a wedding reception, anniversary or a business event, Cafe Santorini is your solution.
We can accommodate up to 170 seated guests in the Rococo Room and up to 340 in Pandora on Green.
A word from Cafe Santorini
Tucked in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, Cafe Santorini is the spot to be in. Offering a variety of delicious Mediterranean dishes and a romantic second floor patio. Perfect for a date, a family gathering or a celebration. Cafe Santorini also offers two large banquet venues in the Rococo Room and Pandora on Green.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Santorini - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Cafe Santorini reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (141)special occasion (86)romantic (76)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (67)great for lunch (65)fit for foodies (60)great for brunch (30)scenic view (27)notable wine list (24)late-night find (22)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Turn it upJoycdVIPDined on 8/30/2014food was good, restaurant too hot and made it less than a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Great for special occassion!DrinPasadenaDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday earlier this month; sat out on the outdoor balcony; sangria, brashetta, salad and halibut were outstanding-and they brought out a small chocolate cake with candle! So, this was the natural choice to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary-and again the quality of the service and food was excellent! A great place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!PJofChagrinDined on 8/25/2014We love to eat out and this was one of the best meals we've had in years. It was a Tuesday night so they were busy but not crowded. We had Caesar salad, meatball soup (special), the lamb shank and chicken kabobs. Each dish was a "10", including molten chocolate cake and expresso. Great wait staff. This will be a regular stop when we visit Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path...Jewelee22Dined on 8/22/2014This was mine and my husbands first time here and we loved it and plan on returning. My friend that went with us suggested it. The ambiance was great, not dark but not bright, the restaurant was clean, and the decor was very nice. We sat at the bar and had a drink while we waited for our table. The only thing wrong was the bartender forgot one of our drinks and we had to reorder. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The prices were reasonable for the overall experience. I like too that it's not right on Colorado, it's a block or two away from Colorado. It seemed like more locals than tourists, which I enjoyed since I live local. Absolutely a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodlove2dineDined on 8/22/2014me and my wife like the food, but they sat us to close to another table that we can hear there conversation, the drink are pricey but the food is amazing. next time ill request to be sat outside. total me and my wife spend $170 plus tip. I would like to visit this place again when is not to crowded.Special Features:
- A Lovely Evening Under the Stars...SoCalgalDined on 8/22/2014Summer breezes, good wine and excellent food. Out on the upstairs patio at Santorini on an August night. Away from all the hustle and noise of the street, it was truly a wonderful restaurant experience. Service was excellent and food was very good. Lots of great selections on the menu. Our server made some great recommendations and while I wasn't really expecting great service with all the people there (it was packed!), he was attentive, personable and professional. The patio can be a bit loud, and the tables are pretty close together but the timing worked out so that the table next to us left soon after we sat down...so it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulLaurieSVIPDined on 8/21/2014This has become our default restaurant. The service is always top-notch. The food is varied and fresh and excellent. We eat at Cafe Santorini quite often.Special Features:
- Good food. Needs more a/cRjk412Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and the back waiters were nice. Our particular waiter seemed a little checked out and wanted a quick table turn over. He never checked to see if we liked our food. Overall good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsCaliStardustDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated a graduation here with and it was fantastic. The food was excellently prepared and the portions were quite large. Everything tasted very fresh and full of flavor. The martini I got was also very well made, not too strong with a perfect balance of fruit flavors. We brought a cake and the restaurant was very accommodating. Our servers were very attentive and made sure we always had refills on our waters and had everything we needed.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchersBirthdayLunchersDined on 8/12/2014Cafe Santorini was the perfect choice for our party of 8 dual birthday celebration luncheon! The table on the patio, the service & the food were ALL outstanding! The "birthday girl" declared her Rib Eye Salad the best salad (especially the dressing) she's ever eaten! EVERYONE enjoyed their selections! Not a negative comment from anyone about anything...which, with this group, is unusual! I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch &/or any celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!MissMcFlyVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food is great a so is the service. Not to mention, the outdoor seating offers a beautiful veiw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuv2dineDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great presentation and all except one grumpy waiter if was great service. It was really warm inside and because its really crowded it made it worse. I think the outdoor seating is best but they need to give customers personal space between tables. Some seating is close enough to hear whispers. The food and outdoor seating is worth it so I'll be coming back. Beware, there is a cake cutting fee that they don't tell you about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OscarDined on 8/9/2014Great food, but tables are very close together where we were sitting so we had no privacy. No room for waiting area.Special Features:
- SkeetmanDined on 8/9/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times, and have always enjoyed it. Great value, excellent food, very nice ambience. Our experience was marred this time by two things: (1) a large party of single women were partying a little too hard, and a couple of them had loud, shrieking laughs. And (2) our server was pretty poor. After our meal was served, we never saw him again. I typically have two glasses of wine with my meal, but never the opportunity to order that second glass.Special Features:
- *Thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I discovered this restaurant 4 years ago and I am still in love with all they have to offer. Service and attention to detail has gotten better and better every time I visit. Thank you Cafe Santorini!Special Features:
- More than satisfiedDinerDined on 8/2/2014We had a 7 pm reservation on a busy Saturday night. They seated us immediately out on the beautiful balcony that I requested. Yes, the tables are a bit close together. I recommend getting one next to the restaurant or the flowered covered railing. Still, it is not really a problem. My date and I had no trouble holding a conversation in our normal speaking voices. Plus, and she really liked this, you can actually dress nicely here and feel at home. The service was terrific. Everyone was friendly and attentive. I mean everyone, from the hostess to the busboy, and of course, the waiter. As for the food? It was the best mousaka I have ever had. Her lamb dish was also excellent. I will be coming back here.Special Features:
- Romantic neighborhood gemtboneDined on 8/1/2014Beautiful Bldg, loved the hole in the wall feeling then finding it and walking up staris to the resturant. My boyfriend and i had resevations that we were a little early for, so we ended up waiting at the bar which was nice. The service at the bar was outstanding up untill our table was ready and they didnt offer to take our bottle of wine and glasses to our table. We had to carry everything ourselfs through the crowded room. We requested eating on the patio, it was a beautiful area in-between bricked walls, the lighting was perfect for a special ocassion. The food was great, the service at our table was not so great, towards the end of the night it looked like our server ignored the smaller tables and only waited on his bigger parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointingicemanDined on 8/1/2014Went here with my girlfriend for our anniversary. She ordered what the waiter recommended (fish) and was very disappointed. She only took two bites and couldn't finish the rest. I ordered the shrimp with noodles( can't recall the proper name) and it was okay. I only finished half of my plate. The waiter was nice. Paid $61.00 for our dinner for 2 plates neither one if us enjoyed. The ambience was very nice.Special Features:
- Mediterranean EscapeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It had been some years since I last visited Cafe Santorini, and I'm so happy to see that it hasn't lost its old world charm. What a great place to celebrate an intimate birthday dinner with friends and family. Our server, a native from Greece, was very polite and personable. The white sangria is a refreshing choice on the terrace on a warm summer evening. All of the seafood dishes our group ordered were presented beautifully, right out of a culinary magazine. If I had to note one complaint, it would be that our server forgot our request for olive oil to dip the bread in.Special Features:
- Enjoyable enough w/unique choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed our meal and the broad selections on the menu ranging from Mediterranean to Italian. Bread brought to table was great! Two specials were offered by the waiter; I tried one as it was a filet of sole stuffed with crab. I prefer servers to offer the prices on specials, and usually ask if not, but forgot on this one. And I did have some sticker shock ($30); especially considering the sole tasted fishy / not fresh to me. Salad with watercress and gorgonzola was good but felt greens were a little limp. Could be the weather as it was unusually hot in Pasadena the days I was there. Lamb with orzo dish very well seasoned and lamb was very tender. Thought dish could have been served warmer...seemed a little warmed over.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014The vagetable come with grilled calamari was not fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeDigLoungeDined on 7/27/2014Cafe Santorini is our go to spot when we are meeing people for lunch or dinner. It's never overly crowded, so it's easy to get a big party in there and it's not super expensive. The have a nice range of food to satisfy many different tastes. Service is always pleasant.Special Features:
- Disappointing VisitlisambaDined on 7/26/2014Although we had a reservation for 5 @ 6:45, we were forced to wait about 15 minutes in the hot, crowded space by the reception desk (standing-room only!). Courses were not brought out together -- my soup came out 10 minutes before the salads, one of the salads was served 20 minutes later, but only after we reminded the waiter. Food improperly prepared -- I requested no dressing on my salad only to have it come fully dressed. The manager insisted on making me a new one even though I told him not to bother. The 'second' salad was not very good, definitely not up to the normal standards, yet I was charged $15 for it. It was also brought a good 15 minutes after the rest of our party was served. I do not plan on coming back. VERY DISAPPOINTING!
- saturday nighttouristVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been several times and on each occasion I have been stymied. They have a lot of poultry, meat and fish entrees, but also vegetarian choices. I am not used to the huge selection of vegetable and pasta dishes. So hard to choose, but all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJonesDADined on 7/25/2014Always have a great time dining at Cafe Santorini. Exceptional service and the food specials are great.Special Features:
- Some good, some badValkyrienVIPDined on 7/23/2014The hummus was fab as usual, the mushroom risotto was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNightnightDined on 7/19/2014Great food, good service....we were there for a friend's birthday, and we had a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteKimberK19VIPDined on 7/18/2014Always so good! Great food and ambiance! The waiters are so attentive! Love RezaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014A group of 8 friends came to Pasadena from San Diego for a special birthday outing. We chose Cafe Santorini for our Friday night dinner and were SO glad we did. For starters we were impressed that Kathy Santorini called in the morning to re-confirm our reservation. This showed that it's definitely a family business. Our dinner on the patio was delicious, relaxing, and fun. Everyone loved their food, and the sangrias were a hit. Several of us shared an appetizer platter, a salad, and a pizza as dinner and loved the variety. If in Pasadena again, I'd definitely come to Cafe Santorini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I took my friend there for her birthday on Sunday afternoon. We sat in the balcony; we thought it might be too hot since it was hot that day however there was a lovely breeze. We decided to share an appetizer, the tasting plate of Mediterranean delights. It was delicious and so filling along with a glass of Sangria that we decided to skip the entre and go for dessert and another glass of wine. My friend had the poached pear with wine reduction and I had the apple tart. Both were very good but next time I would choose the poached pear. The staff are friendly, courteous, and perfectly attentive. We were not rushed at all, however, the restaurant was not busy. The prices are very fair. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Pasadena DiningPasadenaDined on 7/12/2014We were visiting LA and we could not find a place to dine, but two friends gave us this place. Best place ever! Great food, atmosphere, great waiter, everything was way over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patio dining!rugratrnVIPDined on 7/12/2014Good food, service, and ambience! An old town Pasadena favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!!PickyEaterDined on 7/12/2014Great food, superb outdoor dining experience and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summertime supper on patioAlohaannaDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I love the freshness of the menu, and the outdoor patio, especially in the summertime at night. We shared the generous shrimp, watermelon, feta & watercress salad. Tasty grilled shrimp and balanced flavors. Lamb kebab came with delicious rice, hummus, tzatziki, pita. Chicken milanese arugula salad, simple but good. Portions are generous. Great attentive service. Our go-to in old town Pasadena for a fresh, Mediterranean meal. Great Italian and Mediterrean, California wines. The gavi is especially nice on a hot day!Special Features:
- Great experiencejjbfDined on 7/5/2014The food was great and quite authentic. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Spotty ServicevmprthrstDined on 7/3/2014I go to this restaurant once or twice a year because my dad loves the grilled octopus. The food is always great but the service is inconsistent. There is one server who is phenomenal! (Forgot his name but he has a Greek accent) The other servers are slow and continuously have trouble with my drink orders. Most of the servers don't know the difference between Ouzo and Metaxa. It's a Greek restaurant. Learn your liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmanodetrapoDined on 7/1/2014I visited Santorini for dinner mid June 2014 and loved it so much that I returned 2 weeks later for lunch. The food was excellent both times I dined there. I had the typical chicken kabob with rice, vegetables and hummus. The lunch sample platter was enjoyable as well. The steak and lobster was amazing. The servers were very attentive and we were not rushed. The menu has Italian and Mediterranean dishes; I will return to try the Italian side of the menu soon. Ambiance for lunch was quiet, relaxed; for dinner was more vibrant. I recommend the patio dining; if it is warm and sunny, the patio is covered. If it is cool, they have proper heating. A great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone welcome, even elder chicksNonyaVIPDined on 6/30/2014Went to a special lunch with retired ladies and were treated with patience and outstanding service from all of the staff. The hordorvers, and main courses were delicious and so were the martinis. I will certainly encourage my friends to join me in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantDspotDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I just sort of stumbled upon this great restaurant for an early dinner. We had the caprese brochette, which was unbelievable! The cesar salad was also delicious. We tried two martinis that were hands down the best I have had in years...very Berry and peach. Yum. We left quite content and anxious to return.Special Features:
- nice place..good food...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014chairs were uncomfortable tho :( other than that...overall was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.