Cafe Sevilla - San Diego
353 Fifth Avenue
Cross Street Between J and K Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Sevilla - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafesevilla.com/
- Phone: 6192335979
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Paul Bauer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Flamenco Dinner Show: Saturday: 7:30pm - 9:30pm $47.50p/p; Spanish Rock: Monday 9:30pm - 1:30am $8. co/p Salsa: Tuesday: 8:30pm - 1:30am $8. co/p Thursday: 8:30pm - 1:30am $10.co/p Sunday: 6:30pm - 1:30am $8. co/p DJ Night: Friday: 10:00pm - 1:30am $15.co/p Saturday: 10:00pm - 1:30am $15.co/p
A word from Cafe Sevilla - San Diego
Authentic Spanish Cuisine and Tapas Bar with dinner shows on weekends and a Spanish Flamenco Guitarist at the Tapas Bar 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Cafe Sevilla - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Cafe Sevilla - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (42)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (30)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)romantic (25)special occasion (24)late-night find (22)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Keep going backStationc24Dined on 2/8/2014This place is on my list to eat at every time I'm in San Diego!!! I never miss the opportunity to eat the tuna tartare. I currently live in Va..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place rocks.WesPDined on 1/19/2014The flat iron steak with the port wine honey sauce was moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, vibrant, and delectable!love2dineDined on 1/17/2014This restaurant is a great pick for date-night, happy hour, or for a large group party! The food is delicious and the happy hour prices cannot be beat! The lively bar scene and dancing complement the restaurant's upbeat tone. The outdoor dining is equally as special with plenty of room for people watching along the Historic Gaslamp Quarter. A perfect gem that provides satisfyingly tasty cuisine in a fantastic atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than expectedDaniDined on 1/10/2014We were very happily pleased with the accommodations made for my friend and I as we celebrated our birthdays. The manager went out of his way. He allowed us to sit closer to the stage when he realized the guests who they expected wouldn't be there. I am telling you, I can't thank Cafe Sevilla enough, because I couldn't have dreamed up a better scenario for our birthday celebrations! Absolutely perfect! Love, love, love this place for authentic Flamenco guitar music, singing and dance performances. OUTSTANDING talent! The tapas were also great! Highly recommend it. Reasonable price for what you get. What a gift this place is to San Diego. Great use of space, as the Flamenco shows are broken down making space for a night club afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Experienceckv9Dined on 1/4/2014We started off with a pitcher of the house recipe sangria while we waited for out table and it was delicious. The ambiance of the restaurant was cozy, cultured and kept your eyes busy with unique artwork and fixtures. The wait staff were very attentitive and helpful with the menu. The tapas set up was just how it should be with a great selection of food, prepared and served in an enjoyable manner. The dishes were amazing and I wish I came with a larger appetite! We would absolutely come back and bring friends. A very enjoyable experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousJG22Dined on 1/3/2014Second visit and we were just as happy with the food as our first visit. Had a bunch of tapas plus the traditional paella which was delicious. The owner came over to say hello and we ate early (5:30pm) for a Friday night so there was no wait at all.Special Features:
- Bety dissappointed that ItDisappointedcoupleDined on 1/1/2014Bety dissappointed that It was close for New Year's Day. Not only that but the fact that I was able to make a reservation through your system and ever got a confirmation got it. Although I dud cdll and received no answer the fact that I did get the confirmation made me go to find out it was close!
- Great Spanish tapasSandiegodaveDined on 12/30/2013Really enjoyed Sevilla. Great live music! The short rib was quite tasty, as were the empanadas . I recommend their sangrias!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous SevillafallcolorDined on 12/25/2013We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas early evening feast at Cafe Sevilla...Excellent tapas and a good selection of happy hour drinks and tapas at great prices too! The wait staff were a little disorganized at first but once they settled into place we were well taken care of...All 4 of us love the ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find, Delicious TapasCoppertopDined on 12/24/2013We loved our experience at Cafe Sevilla. We had a lovely server that was very knowledgeable of the menu and was able to direct us towards things we would like, and oh boy she did a fantastic job. We had a variety of tapas. meats and olives, potatoes, crusty bread with a delicious spread. I had the red sangria, so lovely! we also had the chicken, chorizo and apple skewer. This is a wonderful place for a lovely dinner. So much fun. Also they have salsa lessons and dancing down stairs in the evenings. Looked like a fun time and we would have joined in if we had more of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pallea in townFlowersDined on 12/21/2013Great place to eat and the people are friendly. It's a nice place to enjoy a romantic dinner, but be specific when making reservations because they sat us at a shared table. The food was very good and brought to the table at just the right time. Everything was hot and delicious! The flan was tasty!!Special Features:
- Great food, unique flavorsJC5280VIPDined on 11/29/2013Great place! It was our second time here. The variety on the menu allows everyone to find something they like. And then the style of service is designed for sharing, so you get to explore even further. The flavors are amazing, the presentation is great, and the service/delivery was timed well. Although this place is in a somewhat touristy area of the GasLamp district, as a local, I will continue to come back here. Only complaint: Towards the end of our meal, five different things were brought to our table, of which we didn't order. Completely understandable the first time, but after the third time, it just got annoying. Despite that, we chalked it up to another server entering the orders wrong. No harm done, just odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Will return.brazil81Dined on 11/28/2013I went there with my parents on thanksgiving. Dishes are very well made, delicious and eye candy, the environment gorgeous, good artists playing spanish songs (most only with instruments). The only penalty I would give is that our order took almost half an hour to arrive. Could be faster...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDavidDined on 11/26/2013Had a wonderful time. Excellent food, tasty and would love to spend some time trying some of your other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Horrid ServiceFoodieLVVIPDined on 11/17/2013The food is was excellent, however, the service was horrible. From the hostess to the waiter. The hostess was rude and told us there wasn't any other table we could sit outside if we wanted, but if not, just wait for an hour or so. We were stuck at a small table that you could not fit between and the food had to be passed over the shoulder of my companion. The waiter, slow forgot things, forgot us, almost dropped the wine bottle and overall seemed to bothered to even check back on us. The food, was excellent, but I would not return here ever to eat.
- Spanish authenticjohnDined on 11/15/2013Every tapas we tried was delicious. The gazpacho was very flavorful and just like I've had in southern Spain in four trips over the years. The atmosphere was lively, consisting mainly of 20- and 30-somethings dressed respectably, instead of looking sloppy and disheveled. Not a baseball cap in the house, thank goodness. A great spot for a date. A good selection of riojas, as one might expect. The service was very attentive and knowing. Just a great night out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMAR74Dined on 11/2/2013We had trouble getting there and they made it possible for us to come in later than expected, the service was outstanding, GREAT food, loved it, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Spain!davidVIPDined on 10/31/2013Took us back to our visits to cities in Spain. Great food and drink and lots of fun. Thanks for a great evening and the special treat in our envelope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGailDined on 10/30/2013We enjoyed the variance of the menu. Atmosphere was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was pretty good. GreatropoVIPDined on 10/27/2013Food was pretty good. Great place for groups, nice vibrant atmosphere, but difficult to converse with the band playing. Drinks, particularly the white sangria was the worst I have ever had. Service was spotty.Special Features:
- Love, Love LoveLoveCafeSDined on 10/26/2013One of my favorites. You can not go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- Excellent tapas and entreeBobfromBigBearDined on 10/25/2013Excellent tapas and entree of seafood paella. Well worth the trip and will be added as a place to go to in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow serviceDaisyVIPDined on 10/13/2013Our waitress suggested a sequence of dishes that would be a good combination. the food came out randomly and she would keep asking us if we had enjoyed on of the dishes that still had not been delivered. Good basic Tapas aand good musicSpecial Features:
- Have had better tapas thoughPreemiedocfromNYDined on 10/13/2013Have had better tapas though the food was tasty overall. Waiter knowingly served cold coffee and then feigned surprise when we complained about it. Disappointing end to an otherwise enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!RCisepicDined on 10/3/2013I have been to Cafe Sevilla several times before and have never been let down. Great ambiance and the food is amazing. Great for a date night, special occasion or just a night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella PalaceAloha4269Dined on 9/30/2013The tapas here were artistic and tastey, without being overly intense. A great balance of originality in presentation and flavor on classics like Paella and oxtail.Special Features:
- Great Tapas!!hottopicsDined on 9/29/2013The decor was bright and cheerful, our waiter was very attentive. We all enjoyed the Tapas we ordered, scallops, garlic shrimp but the family style Paella was bit on the dry side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, the food and serviceLisaVIPDined on 9/22/2013Overall, the food and service were great. The octopus seviche was incredible--the best octopus I've ever had. Likewise the bleu cheese stuffed dates were excellent. My only complaint was the flight of sangria. I didn't like three out of the four choices--they are so different from classic sangria, it's a stretch to call them sangria. But other than that little glitch, it was a great experience. We ate outside so it was quite noisy but that was to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date night, Little loudTommyDDined on 9/21/2013The food and service were amazing. Stephanie our server was awesome. The only downside I had is that my wife and I struggled to talk at times when the music was too loud. tables are a little close, so we didn't want to scream to communicate. Had a great time overall though!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!!!GitanaDined on 9/14/2013I forgot the waitresses name she was new and we were here first table.. SHE WAS AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!! ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SANGRIA & TAPASREDDEVADined on 9/11/2013You can't go wrong with any of their tapas! the Happy Hour menu is incredible!Special Features:
- Amazing foodRosamondDined on 9/6/2013Looked like an interesting place online and was that and more. Cannot say enough about the food, beautiful presentation, every bite was perfect, waiter was helpful and nice; decor is fun; had live music. I had the apple, vanilla infused white wine for my sangria choice and it was like sipping an apple pie, yummy. I went with a friend and we could not finish all of our items. The tapas are generously portioned. I would make a recommendation (like the meat lovers tapas combo) but would have to try many more things, which I shall next time in San Diego.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013I went here with my wife for dinner. The food was pretty good, not the best thing I've ever had, but quality. The classic paella was delicious. Service was pretty good, with good recommendations. Pricey, but to be expected downtown. All in all the night was good, will come back again.Special Features:
- For the love of tapasNew2NCDined on 8/25/2013My son found this gem of a restaurant while browsing our San Francisco guide book. As we drove by on our first night in SF, we quickly realized that we would need a reservation or we would never have a chance to experience this place. It was so worth it! The three of us shared 9 different tapas for dinner, chosen based on our taste preferences and our server's suggestions. All were excellent. She even suggested wines by the glass to accompany them. We had a great time! Great food, and wine, great service, and fun people watching on one of the busiest street in the Gaslamp district of San Fran. Thanks for the overall fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It need a better customernegroDined on 8/21/2013It need a better customer service. I'm a director of food and beverage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Sevilla -- always a good nightMJSanDiegoDined on 8/15/2013We reserved for 9:30 on open table and arrived 30 minutes early. They were very nice and food / service was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Came for my birthday, withfoodtaster1Dined on 8/7/2013Came for my birthday, with my mother and 13yr old daughter. Reservations are highly recommended. We got seated with no problem. Food was delicious. Ordered meat tapas platter and paella, paired with a royal sangria. Waiter recommended desserts since they rsn out of dessert menus. Chocolate espresso creme brulee and flourless chocolate cake, one word YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereJG22Dined on 8/3/2013We ordered several different tapas as a late night (post-game) snack and everything was delicious! Atmosphere was upbeat and energetic and always great people watching when you eat outside in the Gaslamp. Waitress made great recommendations and the whole staff was friendly and helpful!Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2013A great experience. Outstanding food with well informed service. Our server Sarah added to the evening by assisting in the pairing of food and drinks. She was also very knowledgable about how the food is prepared and the ingredients used. We had a wonderful 3 1/2 hour experience and can't wait to go back. It's a little pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Spanish FoodFoodloverDined on 7/21/2013Very good tapas and paella; the wine selection is excellentSpecial Features: