200 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.caferusticarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5168296464x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: Private parties only; Dinner: Sunday & Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Cafe Rustica Management and Staff
eagerly await the opportunity to assist in all
your party planning needs. We offer complete off-premise catering. Please ask our Staff for copies of our Party & Catering
Menus or any other information concerning
our facility and services.
A word from Cafe Rustica
Cafe Rustica serves up fresh Italian Cuisine that's both innovative and traditional. Our menu emphasizes the highest quality brands: Colavita Olive Oil, Barilla Pasta, Reggiano Parmigiano, Gaeta Olives, and Imported Balsamic Vinegar. Come dine on thin crust pizzas, delicious seafood, fresh pastas, veal, chicken, salads and sandwich selections while basking in our beautiful atmosphere. And make sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with one of our homemade desserts. Our courteous and attentive servers make Cafe Rustica the perfect place for social or business dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Cafe Rustica - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Cafe Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)romantic (7)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Italian Restaurantsrk49VIPDined on 8/12/2014Great neighborhood Italian. Great food service and decor. Fresh ingredients, lucky to have in our neighborhood
- Not too expensiveWenchDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has decent food for a good price. If you don't mind eating before 6, they have a early 3 course meal with drink that's offers a good choice of entrées. Not great, but good enough where we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatwellDined on 7/31/2014The food is always good and the specials are a great bargain. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Glad I was hungryRaynbow63Dined on 7/26/2014Make reservations, we went at dinner hour and it was packed. The room is open so the noise level is not bad, we were able to have a conversation. A big platter of hummus and a basket of bread was brought to the table. You can make a meal of just that. They have good menu choices. They have a gluten free menu as well. Everyone in my party agreed, everything was delicious. The desserts we were okay. Our water glasses were filled quickly, our orders were taken at a timely manner and delivered to our table at the perfect time. We did have to wait to get the attention of anyone for the check. Our waiter was great but maybe spread too thin between tables. Maybe they should hire an extra waiter or waitress? An enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lex1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Great that it has a gluten free food. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the portions were generous.Special Features:
- Great food, great service11803VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was quite good, generous portions. The waiters were attentive. The bartender very helpful. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeMadmom914VIPDined on 5/14/2014They have a fantastic gluten free menu as well as the BEST gluten free pizza we have ever had! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliabily great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014I went here with my family today for Mother's Day. As always, it was a wonderful experience. I've been coming here for well over 15 years. This place never disappoints.Special Features:
- Gluten friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Great find! We usually have a hard time finding a gluten friendly place that the whole family will love (and we're a large family). But Cafe Rustica was great! Food was excellent all around. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly and unwelcomingcandylandDined on 5/10/2014Had reservation. Walked in and 2 staff members behind bar were too busy to acknowledge us for quite a few minutes. When finally acknowledged our party, they acted like they were doing us a favor. Unsmiling, unfriendly entrance to what should be a pleasant experience when dining out. Food definitely declined in quality. Even tiny portions for dessert. Server would loudly interrupt our serious conversations repeatedly instead of waiting a moment until we finished out thoughts. Servers reach over in front of you with long arms and elbows to serve and take away food instead of behind you. A not pleasant time at this restaurant.
- The following 162 reviews are from the Cafe Rustica reviews archive.
- The worst service I have ever hadSJKMcDined on 4/12/2014The food at a Cafe Rustica is mediocre at best. What distinguises this restaurant is the all around awful service. It took about 10 minutes following our seating for someone to come over to our table to ask if we wanted drinks. The service was basically downhill from there. Definitely not worth the $225 for 5 people.
- Service is a little spotty.marieDined on 4/11/2014Service is a little spotty. The last two times i went, the hostess, two different ones, were slow to greet and seat. This time he was on his phone while we waited to be seated. Notice he did that when anyone else came in.Special Features:
- Great Food!SusanDined on 4/5/2014The food here is always delicious, no matter what you order. They have the absolute best gluten free pizza I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodsrk49VIPDined on 3/27/2014Never disappointed at Cafe Rustica. All salads (you can add protein to any salad) are great. Fish delicious. Pastas also wonderful. Great service.
- consistently deliciousgingyDined on 3/27/2014We have been lucky enough to arrive at this lovely restaurant in time to catch their Early-Bird Prix Fixe dinner and it was delicious and reasonable. They are clearly making their profits on their drinks which tend to be priced rather high.Special Features:
- RusticaLex1VIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was very good. It has a good glutenfree menu.Special Features:
- Love this place!luvtoeatVIPDined on 3/20/2014We always enjoy our dinner at Cafe Rustica. The food is consistently excellent and the staff is always attentive. We like the salmon and chicken dishes the best. Their home made Hummus with bread is superb. Thank you for many great meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Dependable Mealsrk49VIPDined on 3/4/2014Very good food and service. In our weekly rotation. Very dependable.
- Bad Valentines MealLadyjayneeDined on 2/14/2014Been to Cafe Rustica many times, This time was terrible!! First, my husbands drink came out with 75% ice, next drink after mentioning that they gave him 75% of a glassful and said that was the right combo for the drink (?) Next, I asked if the shrimp were fresh, and if the crab meat real, yes to both, so I ordered stuffed shrimp. The crabmeat was infinitesimal, if even an ingredient at all - instead it was all breadding - so I pushed it around my plate and didn't eat the entree. The salad was boring and the dessert was not worth the calories. The Manager walked around asking how everything was, but he didn't pay attention to anyone's plate or he would have gotten a big response from us! We won't return to this restaurant!!!
- DecentcandylandDined on 2/1/2014Except for the very nervous and overbearing, unfriendly manager who took our reservation, I would say the food improved. When I come out for dinner I expect a nice welcoming smile, like they are glad for your business. Not so with this new manager.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden Gemsrk49VIPDined on 1/30/2014Consistently good fresh food. Great service. What more could anyone want??
- Ambiamce was great but theRonNaDined on 1/11/2014Ambiamce was great but the service could use a little bit of improvement. Menu was great for choices but when our order arrived looked good but lacked taste. My husband orderes the Chilian Sea Bass which needed salt and the veggies had no flavor what so ever.Special Features:
- It was OKcherluiVIPDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant was OK for a neighborhood Italian restaurant. Service was good. Complimentary hummus was good with the bread. Parpadelle Bolognese was good but a bit salty.Special Features:
- Consistently Goodsrk49VIPDined on 1/8/2014Good Food and Service. Nice salads with any protein you want to add. Good pastas.Special Features:
- ExcellentAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 1/4/2014We had fish and pasta dishes and the food was great. Nice portions. Nice menu selection, fairly priced. Service was excellent. Would definitely come again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe RusticaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2013Celebrated my daughter's birthday with dinner at Cafe Rustica and loved it! She has celiac disease and was able to eat gluten-free pizza that tasted good. The staff was wonderful and the atmosphere relaxed. We have been coming here on Christmas eve for years and plan to continue that tradition as well as other celebrations.Special Features:
- Time Well SpentJimmyDined on 11/16/2013My experience in this establishment was very enjoyable. In particular, the variety as well as the food itself was prime. The noise level was appropriate, the service was attentive and ambience was relaxing. Four stars all the way through.Special Features:
- So relaxingdatenightDined on 11/16/2013Enjoyed a delicious early evening dinner after a local movie. Prix Fixed dinner options were numerous; service warm and friendly and even quiet enough to enjoy conversation. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quitePlefVIPDined on 11/8/2013we've eaten here several times. always good. took friends last night and it was eh! we hit traffic and had to have an early reservation in order to catch a show. we arrived at 8 minutes to 6 and wanted to order the early bird special. we could not order drinks because the order had to be in by 6. the food came out very quickly. i felt like i was throwing it down my throat. the server was pleasant. the food was only ok this time. not sure i'll go back so quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my 1000 points?yessir201VIPDined on 10/29/2013Great Restaurant. Booked for 7pm thinking I was getting a thousand points but turns out that was only available for 6:45. I only got a 100. Feel like I was cheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AttractiveBeachloverDined on 10/29/2013Quiet, great service, reasonable price, nice atmosphere, food goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrifice evening and value.MichelleVIPDined on 10/26/2013Terrifice evening and value. We wemt with my mo for the price fixe before six. We had dine rhere previously with her. she likes prixe fixe special. Fod was fesh and of excellent quality, too.Special Features:
- gluten free goodiesmom2bmbDined on 10/1/2013If you are gluten free...this restaurant is amazing! they are accomodating, helpful, and the food is out of this world! Ask if you want something gluten free..if they can make it they will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night...love2eatDined on 9/21/2013Wonderful value.... everything is delicious and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushrooms/ AsparagusbobpatDined on 9/15/2013The mushrooms in the Diver Scallop dinner unchewable and almost uncuttable. The asparagus pieces in the risotto were barely chewable and stringy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Bronzini grilled andAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 8/16/2013We had Bronzini grilled and a chicken parm. EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013My husband is gluten free and with so few options to choose from on Long Island, we decided to go to Cafe Rustica. Wow! Were we impressed. Good choices, including gluten free beer and cocktails. Our server was very knowledgeable about the prepartion of GF food and went out of his way to assist us. Will definitely go back as it is a cut above other places on LI that claim to be GF.Special Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD YUMMYbevcowVIPDined on 7/27/2013GOOD FOOD, MODERATE NOISE, EXCELLENT SERVICE FOR AN ACCEPTABLE PRICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE!!!LexxDined on 7/25/2013By far one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. I could easily eat here multiple times a week. I recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed !MindyDined on 7/19/2013Really Enjoyed our Evening at Cafe Rustia. Food was great as was the service. Only downfall was they did not have there famous mushroom soup. I was really looking forward to trying it !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.