Cafe Rue Dix
1451 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11216Neighborhood:
AfricanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Rue Dix
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caferuedix.com/
- Phone: 9292342543
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: African, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Let us cater your next party or event!
- Entertainment: Local DJs playing everything from vintage african disco, afro-beat, reggae, and classic tunes.
A word from Cafe Rue Dix
Good music, good food, great people. French-Senegalese cafe, restaurant, and cocktail bar in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Open early-close late.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Rue Dix reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- deliciousjgdogggDined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely table outside. Great server, amazing food. I recommend the branzino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Senegal?!GoadadVIPDined on 6/15/2014On Fathers Day following a day at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens we looked for a walkable dinner spot. This restaurant popped up on the OT app. I doubt we'll ever go to Senegal but we came a little nearer here. Bistro style, World Cup on the TV, a nice mix of people and good change of pace food. My Branzini with plantains was nicely spiced. Veggie sandwiches for my daughters...salmon for my wife...all reports very positive.Special Features:
- It's about the fish!KOWthoughtsDined on 6/1/2014At first it didn't seem to matter that we made a reservation. It also didn't seem to matter that we enetered the place at all, as our presence was just like any other Sunday evening customer searching for food I guess. I was hoping this would be romantic, but I blame myself for not doing sufficient research that would have led me to know otherwise. Anyway, fastforward to the food as this would be the primary reason for a visit. Tuna Tartare is a yes for an appetizer, and you MUST get the whole sea bass served with ripe plantains! That's all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodbriggieDined on 5/29/2014If you enjoy authentic Senegalese food or wish to have that culinary experience, this is definetly the place to go. We had the Branzino and the special, which was a red snapper dish which were both excellent. You have to enjoy spicy foods however, to enjoy the red snapper, which is Senegal's national dish (sorry, I can't remember the name). The beet salad was good and the empanadas were excellent. Service was great and the drinks were good. Will definetly return and wholeheartedly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- check for clean dishes...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014Didn't even eat because... The water wasn't clean in the first glass... Opted for sparkling bottled water and the second glass had lipstick. Decided to eat else where. Not sure I'll go back
- The following 7 reviews are from the Cafe Rue Dix reviews archive.
- A great place to check outRazzledazzle60302Dined on 4/25/2014The service was extremely satisfying. The food was also very good. The spicing was different. They said that most was prepared by a grandmother from Africa. It tasted like it. The room itself was inviting and well appointed. The prices were quite moderate for the quality of food and service in such a nice place.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Would recommend to a friend. Atmosphere was great, food was very good, simple in a way but very tasty. So glad it's in my neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great place, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Such a great place, service is impeccable, just like the food!Special Features:
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation on open table for valentines day. We were pleasantly surprised to see that Cafe Rue Dix had many time slots available. So we reserved 845. We got there only to walk in on a packed restaurant. So packed as in there wasn't even any standing room. We told the Matri d that we had a reservation, he told us we had to wait. No apology, nothing. It was as if we hadn't even made a reservation. I understand that valentines day is a very busy night, but our table should have been waiting for us. So we waited pressed up against the wall as severs squeezed by is. My husband ordered a drink and the bar tender forgot to give t to him. When he reminded the bar tender, his response was "I heard you". We left and had pizza.
- Nice SurpriseLesSoeursDined on 1/9/2014Found this restaurant in the neighborhood through Open Table; it was a nice surprise. The calamari, tapas, and spring rolls were outstanding. The hot sauce was serious. So often we are disappointed by items noted as spicy that aren't spicy enough for our family. Only disappointment was the avocado salad which was bland. Our server, the owner's brother (I am blank on his name) was sweet and attentive but didn't hover. He was also uniquely well-mannered. We were a group of women of a certain age who especially appreciated not being called or referred to as "guys," as in "Hey, guys, what can I get you." We had an excellent bottle of Malbec, which was really cheap in price but a huge hit with my clan who were unfamiliar with that red. Yea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Cafe in Crown HeightsMobiusVIPDined on 12/22/2013My husband and I visited our daughter in Brooklyn over the holidays. We basically out our way through Brooklyn. So many wonderful places to eat! I would highly recommend Cafe Rued Dix to locals or people visiting Crown Heights. We arrived during Happy Hour and ordered 2 glasses of Cabernet, unfortunately they were out of the cab. Our waited upgraded us to the Malbec for the some price. The Malbec was a delicious upgrade! My husband enjoyed the Cafe Rue Dix Burger (ground rib eye) and claimed it was one of the best burgers he had ever had! I had the very tasty Pappadelle, homemade egg noodles, with mushrooms, asparagus, Parmesan, and white truffle oil. Loved it! In summation, lovely small cafe, great service, and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reason to go to BrooklynNomadDined on 12/7/2013Looked on Open Table for a destination after the Brooklyn Museum and Cafe Rue Dix caught our eye. What a discovery-plan to come again and again! The ambiance, food, great wine values-all fantastic! Everyone, chef included, come by to say hello, see how we were enjoying our meal, check if everything is ok. Three of us had the special which was a Senegalese fish stew-delicious! I asked if they have it often and they said, just call if you are coming over---we will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.