1762 N Milwaukee Ave
Libertyville, IL 60048-1317Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepyrenees.com/
- Phone: 8473622233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Marc Loustaunau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: LUNCH & DINNER CATERING MENU
10 PERSON MINIMUM
Pick-up and delivery available
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order or to create your own private party menu call us today! Phone: (847) 362-2233
- Private Party Facilities: We are available 7 days a week for private parties. We have wonderful menus and space for birthdays, wedding rehearsal dinners, baby/bridal showers, business meetings, holiday gatherings and more... While we are always happy to assist you in creating a custom menu. We have a variety of set menus for your private party needs. Visit our website to view our party menus and options.
- Private Party Contact: Mari 8473622233
- Entertainment: Seasonal Live Entertainment
Check our online events on our website. http://www.cafepyrenees.com/calendar_of_events
A word from Cafe Pyrenees
Cafe Pyrenees is tucked inside the Adler Square Shopping Plaza in Libertyville, IL. Once you step inside you're treated to warm color tones, greenery, a myriad of wine bottles, hearty brick features, and fresh smells of the featured dishes. Customers rave about the mouth watering dessert delight Chocolate Feuilletine, A.k.a. “The Hockey Puck” which is a crispy praline topped with dark chocolate mousse and then covered with dark chocolate ganache. If you aren't ready to start your meal with a dessert customers suggest to begin with a simple order of Escargot drenched in herbed butter or give the Duck Quesadilla a try with it's blended flavors of melted cheese, duck confit and a homemade cherry mango chutney. Some of the traditional entree staples you will find are Steak Frites, Beef Bourguignon, Seafood Ravioli filled with shrimp, scallops, crab meat and lobster sauce, Chicken Paillarde and Sauteed Calves Liver. Weekly drink specials Wild Wine Wednesday, 1/2 price Martini Fridays!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cafe Pyrenees - Best Restaurants in Libertyville ›
Cafe Pyrenees reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (35)notable wine list (32)romantic (31)good for groups (28)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Favorite restaurantCrystalDined on 9/13/2014This is our favorite restaurant ! We have eaten here many times and our meals are always delicious, service friendly and professional, atmosphere Casually elegant. They specialize in French foods but the prices are reasonable. We have come here for weekday dinners as well as family celebrations. Everyone always leaves impressed and happy. There are rooms for special events as well as outdoor dining. In all, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best.JoeSDined on 9/12/2014Always the best food and service and the restaurant is beautiful. We've been going here long before they relocated from VH to LV. This has always been my "go to" restaurant for very special occasions and also whenever I desire the most delicious, carefully made cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience!MidloCriticDined on 9/11/2014Everything was wonderful, from the appetizer to the wine recommendation to go with our deliciousentrees to the "hockey puck" for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outRtinocVIPDined on 9/9/2014We met there with friends that raved about the food, service and wine selection. We were not dissapointed. My husband had the steak and I had the Salmon... They were both fantastic. We will go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicePartyof5Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good but restaurant appears (again) to be short staffedSpecial Features:
- dubdulDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter tried his best but service and food were mediocreSpecial Features:
- Nice spotRichDined on 9/5/2014Don't let the location and exterior fool you. It has good food, nice atmosphere, pleasant and knowledgeable service and owner hospitality. I have been twice and enjoyed it very much both times. I've had the salmon and hanger steak. Both were very good. Pricing is reasonable for both food and wine options. They also give you time to enjoy your evening and don't push you like many restaurants do. I'll be making this a regular place to dine for both business and pleasure.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerRonJac94Dined on 9/4/2014Hats off to the staff for making our special evening memorable. we will be back and invite our friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaayaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Everything was outstanding. The only reason I am giving it a 4 start is due the service. Very poor , rude waiterSpecial Features:
- Order that Souflle dessert STATNurseSueGregDined on 8/30/2014We were so glad we ordered the Grand Marnier Soufflé when we arrived as it take 45 min. to prepare. Also loved the Hockey Puck dessert. For a main course we each had soup & an appetizer so shared the appetizers. I had French Onion soup. Not too salty & really tasty but would have liked more cheese. The guys had carrot soup that was really tasty. Appetizers were mussels (I'd order that just for the sauce that coms with it), escargot great with fresh, warm bread to dip in the garlic butter, and bruschetta. Wait staff great & kept the water & food coming. Mari, the owner stopped by several times thanking us for coming as construction done now & easier to get to again. A surprise party was going on too which made the atmosphere festive.Special Features:
- C'est ci BonFjsvDined on 8/28/2014I arrived late, but no worries. Mari and my date were chatting like old friends. Like eating at your best friend's house, if you're friend is a gourmet! Beef melted, wine superbly matched. Wait staff un intrusive. And the "hockey puck" to round it off: soooo smooth! Coulda kicked myself for waiting so long to return. A new favorite.Special Features:
- WhoseDined on 8/23/2014One of our dinners was far below expectations. Beef bourganon was tough and chewy. Other meals were good not great
- Great food - surprise locationDick43Dined on 8/22/2014It's not often that one finds great food and a delightful place to dine in a strip mall. Well, this is the place. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Cottage42Dined on 8/20/2014Did not find a lot on the current menu that really interested me or my companions. It was better the last time we ate there. I would go back in the future but hope they change the menu. We all had the hangar steak and it was tender and flavorful but only came with pomme frites. No veggie. A little $$$$$.
- A Go To Place!FirsttimeoneVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was fabulous, as always. We have been going to Cafe Pyrenees since it opened at its original location. The food has never disappointed us and we have brought many friends there for their first time. Without exception, they have all returned. The staff is warm, friendly and professional. We never feel rushed. We highly recommend Cafe Pyrenees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerPartyof5Dined on 8/16/2014Great selections and food. It was a wonderful evening with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine dinnerRandRVIPDined on 8/15/2014great, creative pairing of courses with wines at a reasonable costSpecial Features:
- Nice place to celebrate my birthdayChrisDined on 8/14/2014Celebrated my birthday with my best friend at cafe Pyrenees this past week. Alex our server provided outstanding service. He helped us pick out a really good wine that we both enjoyed. The salmon was delicious as was the grand mariner soufflé dessert. You won't be disappointed choosing this restaurant. The owner even stopped by our table to welcome us to the restaurant.Special Features:
- A nice find in the far north 'burbsRamonDined on 8/12/2014We had never been to Café Pyrenees before, but when we found ourselves in Libertyville this week we decided to give it a try. I'm not a huge fan of restaurants in strip malls, but it was very well done and decorated/designed really well so that you never felt like you were in a tin can strip mall. The food was very good - carrot soup, filet with bordelaise sauce and the chocolate hockey puck for dessert. The wine menu had a broad range and was very reasonably priced - and best of all - it was half price on Tuesday. If I lived up north, I can see visiting this place often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Good food and excellent service. Had 6-7 cold and hot plates to share all were very good. I hidden gem in the north shore areaSpecial Features:
- Happy DinerHappyDinerDined on 8/8/2014Planned a small family dinner for picky eaters. All were quite favorably impressed. Salmon was delicious. Duck was fantastic. Deserts were delicious, espically the chocolate choices. We will be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GuestbonappetitDined on 8/7/2014Cafe Pyrenees has been in Lake County for many years serving consistently wonderful specialty dishes. The trademark Beef Bourguignon and Grilled Hanger Steak are terrific traditional items. Their specials are always just that - special. The staff and service is consistently friendly and attentive. We have enjoyed the best of what I would "Friendly French" food for many years and will continue to rate this as one of our very favorite spots.Special Features:
- GO to Cafe PyrennesAndyspicksDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I had an incredible dining experience at Café Pyrennes. You felt at home immediately, with a number of regulars and groups enjoying an excellent dinner at this family owned restaurant. Every part of our meal was first class, prepared exceptionally. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Spot that is still Hotlove2travelVIPDined on 8/6/2014With all the hot new restaurants popping up in Libertyville - don't forget about this gem just a few blocks down the street. If you are new to French food and afraid to try - you will find something to your liking. If you enjoy French food, this is authentic! Chef/Owner is French. Food is always outstanding. Wine list is outstanding. Service, quality, building still look great even after years of being open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR GO-TO PLACEGenealogyGirlDined on 8/2/2014We have been going to Café Pyrenees for decades, first when it was in Vernon Hills and more recently in Libertyville. We LOVE it! The dishes and service are always superb! Owners, chef, and wait staff have been (a lot of them) since it first opened 20+ years ago - that says ALOT!! Many special occasions have been spent at this restaurant, and we've also gone there plenty for lunch and for regular nights out. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clarify and insistOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014An unclear menu that neglects most of its punctuation is one thing, being told you're wrong about what a dish was supposed to contain (after hunting down your mysteriously vanished waiter) when you were actually right without getting an apology from the server (only receiving a very delayed smaller portion of the accompanying food item) is something else.Special Features:
- Always delightsJohnVIPDined on 7/26/2014Mari and Roland - owners/chef always inspire and exceed expectations. This is a wonderful country French bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic rendezvousTurtle5Dined on 7/24/2014I took my fiancé to Cafe Pyrenees for his birthday. We always go there for special occasions. The food is fabulous. We ate every bit. Our server knows his wines and we so very attentive to refilling our glasses. The ambience is wonderful and I would recommend it to anybody who is celebrating a special occasion or just wants a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanimalDined on 7/19/2014Last minute decision paid off . Great food along with great service .Special Features:
- Delightful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. Truly gourmet food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Solid, Reliable CafeghollanderDined on 7/19/2014Cafe Pyrenees earns a solid B grade. Time was this place was well-known as one of the best French restaurants in the northern suburbs. These days it's a good, reliable performer but it's not going to win any awards for authentic or creative cuisine—on our last visit, for example, there was some kind of crab quesadilla on the menu, and one of the specials had a sauce spiced with guajillo peppers. I'm sure they were delicious, but they were the kind of high-end French food I thought I could expect. In general, the food is just sort of dumbed down. I had a nice hanger steak, but I was disappointed to see the "frites" were obviously frozen French fries ordered from a supplier.Special Features:
- Nice, could be better.JohnVIPDined on 7/19/2014Consistently good food. For some reason we were seated in the ancillary dining room. Not even close to the same experience as the main room. This was the only disappointing aspect of the night. I would recommend the restaurant but specify on your reservation that you want to be in the main dining area, otherwise you'll feel like you're in a french restuarant sports bar.
- Wonderful eveningJol847Dined on 7/12/2014Great to see old friends (guests and staff) after all of the construction challengesSpecial Features:
- Good, but not specialFrankGDined on 7/11/2014We had dined at Cafe Pyrenees several times when it was located in Vernon Hills. This was our first experience at its Libertyville location. We went there to celebrate a special occasion. In general, the service was very good, but two of the four of us felt that the food was good enough, but not special - - maybe because it was a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysChazDined on 7/5/2014Cafe Pyrenees has been one of my favorite restaurants for more than 20 years. The food, wine, service and atmosphere are consistently excellent. Way to go Mari!Special Features:
- dinner at Caffe pyreneeslovetoeatDined on 6/28/2014Always very good .never been disappointed in over 25 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodDined on 6/21/2014Good atmosphere but food was nothing special. There are many better places to get a good meal.
- Favorite PlaceMaxineDined on 6/21/2014Always enjoy our visits here, high quality food prepared wonderfully! The service is spectacular, and the wine list is awesome.Special Features:
- Always good!foodwineDvineDined on 6/20/2014Cafe Pyrenees, despite having been around for a long time, always feels new and fresh. They are always trying new things and the food is always good. They have an excellent wine list as well. Service is good and always friendly.Special Features:
- Another fun night outChrisDined on 6/17/2014Half dinner with one of my friends. Waiter was great. He suggested a very good wine and one of the specials for the day. Dinner was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.