Café Provence on Blush Hill
45 Blush Hill Road
Waterbury, VT 05676Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Café Provence on Blush Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeprovencebh.com/
- Phone: (802) 244-7822
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 5:30am-10:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00am - 10:00am.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-9:30pm. Closed Sundays:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Barral
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering a variety of options from a corporate business lunch to your Vermont fantasy wedding menu. Chef Barral can customize a menu to bring to life your vision.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private conference rooms available. Hearth room with beautiful stone fireplace can accommodate up to 50 for sit down dinner. Board room with elongated table is perfect for 12 for business meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Nadene Pettis 8022447822x
A word from Café Provence on Blush Hill
The second restaurant to open under Chef Robert Barral, Café Provence on Blush Hill is located inside the Best Western Plus in Waterbury, VT. Warm and inviting, the casual dining at Café Provence on Blush Hill is a truly memorable experience. The menu showcases not only Chef Robert's talents, but also highlight the best meats, cheeses, and vegetables available. Come and enjoy your favorites from Brandon now here in the northern part of Vermont.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Café Provence on Blush Hill - Best Restaurants in Waterbury ›
Café Provence on Blush Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- WP0522VIPDined on 10/27/2014Ambiance is like a Bob Evans. My husbands salad was served 10 minutes prior to my appetizer of mussels. Salad and mussels were ok. Roasted chicken was overlooked and dry. Would not go there again. Menu only had a few French items and the rest was more of a bar food menu.
- Big disappointmentAnneMDined on 9/29/2014With a name like Cafe Provence, I had great expectations! At last a quaint French restaurant. We arrive to a "no window" dinning room, no French music, no ambiance. No French decor. Just booths and tables. Not even French table cloths. First off, there is no french baguette. We were served "Hawaiian rolls". The French chard is horrible. Dry with a slight vinegar scent. No decent chards. At least have Kendall Jackson. The menu consist of pizza, burgers, Asian short ribs, meatloaf, and more pasta dishes. More Italian food than French. When the pasta arrived, it was on a small plate, and only enough to feed a child, very disappointing. We were cautioned by the waitress. We were so hoping for some traditional French menu items.
- Worth the visit.MIKEDined on 9/19/2014This was a roast beef special Friday night. An excellent dinner, but we will have to return to try the many other great looking menu items, such as the seafood stew. The wine list is fine, and this chef obviously knows the business of turning out fine dishes. BUT, the service is still amateur night. It might be worth hiring some experienced restaurant servers and hosts.Special Features:
- Great food - big improvement!qualityandquantityDined on 8/30/2014Last year, I asked for a Rusty Nail to drink and had to tell them how to make it. This year they made it perfect with no questions asked. Calamari and salmon tartare for appetizers were delicious. The seafood stew was excellent and filling, as was the Chicken Oscar. We took our desserts up to our room. The sampler portions for dessert were perfect. Tremendous improvement over last year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We expected more.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We are frequent diners at the restaurant in Brandon. Unfortunately, we were there for a special occasion and the service was very bad. The server needs training badly. The food was good but not great. We had to ask them to turn down the lighting three times.
- Great foodvtfoodieDined on 8/16/2014There were three of us for dinner and everyone loved their meal. The seafood stew was a real hit AAs was the roared chicken.Special Features:
- good French fare; bad servicePeterDined on 8/16/2014Food here is well priced, unfancy, and nicely authentic to Provence. But the place is very poorly managed which leads to very disappointing service. How many times during a meal should you have to ask for silverware? Our bread basket was "needed at another table." Advertised specials were from the previous night and not available. House wines are well priced and quite nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service lackingfoodislifeDined on 8/15/2014Went with a group of 7. We all found the food to be delicious but the service was not very good. It took awhile for the waitress to do everything...greet the table, I think we waited about 20 minutes for our drinks and then we watched her stir the beers to create foam. She wasn't attentive to the needs of the table at all and couldn't be found when we had requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Waterbury ResidentWaterburyVTResidentDined on 8/15/2014We made an OT reservation for 7PM. Arrived on time and were seated and forgotten for more than 15 minutes. Finally had to ask for service. The waiter who seemed to be in a trance took our order verbally. Asked him to repeat it back and had forgotten the entree. duh. Never offered the specials or told us his name so I asked (Allen). We have rarely witnessed poorer service than this. Finally brought food (good) and had to ask for additional condiments that would normally be offered. Finally; forgot drink and dessert menus. Service ruined the meal and I doubt we or friends will return again anytime soon. Lots of other local restaurants where food is very good and service excellent. Why go here and pay for poor service ??
- Surprisingly good foodpbfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Charming decor with with a large bar running the length of the room. I liked one tapas; the broccoli flan which was outstanding. The lobster slider too much mayo; the sautéed calamari so bland I sent it back. The regular menu offered interesting selections, old stand-by with a creative flair. The Caesar salad was large and well seasoned. The Seafood Stew was wonderfully flavored with subtle flavors consisted of shrimp scallops and calamari all served around saffron risotto and lobster broth. It was very hard to share this amazing dish! The Ricotta Cavatelli with truffle Beurre Blanc; an outstanding dish located on the appetizer section. My only criticism was the long wait for our entrees. But the food so delicious it was worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Café Provence on Blush Hill reviews archive.
- Eclectic FoodVTSissyDined on 7/25/2014The menu isn't a book, but there are many wonderful choices and some specials. The only problem was the steak was ordered medium rare and part of it came out well done. The manager/server (not sure who she was) said she would bring out a new piece, but never did. When the bill came, we repeated the issue and some money was deducted from the bill. We would have rather had the steak cooked correctly.Special Features:
- Delicious mealVTfoodsDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have been wanting to try out Cafe Provence for some time. What I will say is that the food was very delicious and the service was wonderful. I had a salmon special on a bed of creamy polenta and basil pesto on it. My husband had the Haddock on the menu. We shared escargot to start. Prices seemed reasonable and we were impressed by portion size. The wine menu seemed reasonable as well. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The hostess went out of her way to check about where we would like to sit since it was a special occasion (anniversary). The only thing that feels a bit strange is the hotel lounge-y kind of atmosphere without windows. The food deserves a better venue.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseJGibbsVTDined on 6/28/2014We've enjoyed the flag ship in Brandon and Cafe Provence Blush Hill is a great addition to our community. Don't let it's co-location fool you. It's casual with a focus on French inspires, quality eats. With a very good menu and excellent service, I give it 4-stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some of the food was too salty,CaptKirkeDined on 6/28/2014the cheese in the salad shell was not edible due to excess salt. The truffle fries were also too salty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- And So Close To The InterstateVermontVisitorDined on 6/6/2014This is an excellent restaurant with a great menu and good wine list. I ate their two nights in a row with my family and we were not disappointed. You don't expect this type of food and service in a rural motel but you will not be disappointed. I have been coming to this region for over 15 years and this is one of the best restaurants i have been in.Special Features:
- Local GreatwewilliewinkyDined on 5/26/2014The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired. The food is exceptional and the wine list has very good value. Will certainly do repeat visits. Probably the best restaurant in ANY Best Western and any other such chain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014The seafood stew was marvelous, as was the creme brûlée dessert. Our table was ready when we arrived on a Sat night at peak dining time. Our server was knowledgable and attentive, without being overly so. Everything was just to our liking. The bill for 2 entrees, 1 appetizer, 1dessert, and 3 drinks was $86 total, a good value for high quality.Special Features:
- Food excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We were brought to a separate room adjacent to dining/bar area. I felt like I was going to a conference, as this was a conference room. The gas fireplace helped warm things up. The waitress said it would be busy that evening, but there was only one other table full in this room, and I don't believe the dining room was full. Not sure why we couldn't sit there. This was restaurant week, and the food was spectacular! If the ambiance was somehow changed in the extra room, it would be nice. We still had a great time as the food and wine were perfect and the waitress was great.Special Features:
- Nice Spot in Unexpected LocationUndercoverGentlemanDined on 4/25/2014We never knew that a French restaurant lay hidden in the Best Western off Exit 10 until we heard about it on The VPR Cafe. We originally booked a table for 6, and our party grew to 10 by the night before. I was very happy that Cafe Provence could make such a big change to a Friday dinner res with only 1 day's notice. The selections were rustic-style French--Provencal seafood stew, roast chicken, etc., along with classics like steak au poivre. Good range of red meat, fowl, and seafood. Warm Red Hen bread and herb butter brought out before the meal. The wine list was good for a place of that size. My only criticism was that the place appeared slightly understaffed; service took some time, though all staff were very nice. A bit noisy, too.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceSusanDined on 4/18/2014The staff was extremely friendly, service exceptional. Food was delicious, did not have to wait long for drinks or food. Recommend.Special Features:
- Great to have Cafe Provence hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014We love Cafe Provence in Brandon, and were excited to see a new outpost in Waterbury. They haven't been there long, but I saw little - if any - learing curve. Food was fantastic, our waiter Alan was very personable, it was a great meal. The decor still feels a little 'hotel-y', but with food like that, I was only looking at my plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While this french restaurantLPDesignDined on 4/8/2014While this french restaurant is located in a hotel it is worth the walk through the lobby. The Chef is renowned and cooks with local ingredients. The menu offers a variety of offerings and price points and is kid friendly as well. Service was excellent and the staff appeared to be very knowledgeable of the menu items. We were asked to have our water glasses topped off too many times (6+) but that is my only criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, attentive servicequestforperfectionDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food--everything we had was well cooked and presented very attractively. The food and wine are very reasonably priced for the quality. The setting in the Best Western and some of the decor (vinyl booths) is a bit incongruous, but the service and quality more than make up for it. Our server and hostess were very accommodating. The pace was leisurely. The acoustics of the room make it a little loud--there might be a way to dampen the sound somehow. We'll definitely be back, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Saturday night dinnerBentleyDined on 4/5/2014We attended with 4 friends. Excellent service. Nice menu. Food was very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great addition to the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Dining room ambiance is not great. Needs floor covering. Tile is noisy and antiseptic. Staff are new and need training and confidence but are sweet and tried hard. Food was very good and was better than expected. Salad with chèvre cakes was delicious as we're the mussels and duck confit and seafood stew. Pastry assortment was also high quality and delicious. Portions were very large and reasonably priced. Overall we are lucky to have this new restaurant and I definitely plan to go back!!!Special Features:
- small neighborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014It is very good to have another small restaurant in the neighborhood where very good food is served.Special Features: