Cafe Provencal - Williamsburg
5810 Wessex Hundred
Williamsburg, VA 23185Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Provencal - Williamsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafe-provencal.com/
- Phone: 7579410310x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Ika Zaken
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The King Alfred Room offers private dinning for up to 28 people. Its medieval decor complete with wood burning fireplace offer guests and elegant setting for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: John O'Connor 757 941-0317x
A word from Cafe Provencal - Williamsburg
Cafe Provencal offers guests fine, creative cuisine with friendly service and a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Chef Ika Zaken prepares each selection using fresh local and quality ingredients making every main dish the perfect combination. The signature dishes have become the special meats that are slowly smoked using cured grape vines following the traditional southern France style of cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Provencal - Williamsburg - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Cafe Provencal - Williamsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (55)romantic (49)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (22)scenic view (11)good for groups (7)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- FabulousWallyDined on 9/14/2014Service and management are top notch. Wines recommended are perfectly matched with the food. Food is simply outstanding. All in the Wedmore setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lack of atmospherefoodie2Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is not that inviting, you walk in straight to a very high top bar where you are greeted. All I could see was the greeters head. The atmosphere has no theme and mixed matched. The main dining area is blah (all white) and feels like the restaurant is an after thought. However the food and service was fantastic. The restaurant is small overlooks the pool. For a restaurant this expensive, it should have the full package of food, service, atmosphere. We will probably go again at some point.Special Features:
- Food and Service both top-notchSharynDined on 9/13/2014We chose the restaurant for dinner with a group of eight. We were treated wonderfully, the service was absolutely first-class and the food was outstanding. This is a real gem in the Williamsburg area and we will go back again. The prices were what you would expect for a top notch dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Excellent food and service. Table next to us was very noisy, and hostess was loud. Not an enjoyable anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food was exceptional as was the service. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. This was our first time there but it will definitely not be the last. A hidden gem !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Ambiance, ExquisiteluvfoodDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at the Cafe Provencal last weekend. What a great find! Located on the grounds of a winery it is not surprising that it has an extensive wine list. The headwaiter, John, was very knowledgeable as to wine paring, taking note of our stated tastes and made an excellent recommendation to compliment our meal. (John deftly made us entirely comfortable with the selection process. Whew!) The menu is quite distinctive and very appetizing. My wife found the salmon filet irresistible (she insists that it is the best she's ever had!) I chose my perennial favorite - filet mignon. I don't know where the chef finds this beef, but it almost melts in my mouth. It's in a class by itself! Just delightful.Special Features:
- RomanticDonKrisDined on 9/6/2014This was our second visit to the cafe Provençal and it didn't disappoint. My wife and I spent the night at Wedmore place and walked downstairs to dinner. The food and service were phenomenal. Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- akumal2akumal2Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I met two other couples there for a first-time experience. It is a beautiful restaurant at the Williamsburg Winery which is a lovely setting for the restaurant. We were greeted warmly and quickly and shown to our table. Our waiter, David, was marvelous! The food choices were interesting and everything we ordered was delicious! We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Great food, wonderful service in a lovely setting!Special Features:
- One of best in Williamsburg AreaSpiceGirlDined on 8/29/2014We moved to Williamsburg a year ago and were decrying the dearth of good restaurants. So glad we saw the ad for Cafe Provencal in the local magazine and decided to give it a try. Now I no longer HAVE to drive to Wash DC to get great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlenMalVIPDined on 8/26/2014Attentive and timely service and excellent food as always.Special Features:
- Very NicegreatchoiceDined on 8/23/2014This was a great spot to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food and service were excellent. very enjoyable wine for a region of Otaly not often found here in the US.. Complimentary glass of champagne was a treat.Special Features:
- Great DinnerTiHammerDined on 8/23/2014My daughter is a senior at William & Mary, and we have eaten at many restaurants in the area. This is definitely one of the better ones. Very nice setting at The Williamsburg Winery and only 10 minutes from CW- less from the college I started with tomato soup with blue cheese, a special. Great flavors and the homemade croutons were crisp on the outside and the inside melted in my mouth with the soup. Great flavor in crab cakes which were full of crab and not a single piece of shell. My wife raved about here steak being done perfectly and with great flavor. Her salad was fresh and crisp with cheese, nuts, and dried cranberries. My daughter's food disappeared quickly. Broad wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionHokie72Dined on 8/22/2014We came to celebrate my wife's birthday and surprised by the ambiance, great food, and good service. We had a great time at Cafe Provencal. When the staff overheard that we were celebrating a birthday, they brought the whole party a glass of champagne. The reservations were at 0700 pm and the resturant was not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe ProvençalLovefinefoodDined on 8/22/2014Cafe Provençal was fantastic from start to finish. Before dining, we did the wine tour and tasting at the Williamsburg Winery on the property. We then went next door where the restaurant is located and we were escorted to the elevator. The service was impeccable from start. Food was great. We had the scallops and burrata appetizers and chose the lamb and duck entrees- all were delicious and perfectly cooked. My one small critique is the wines offered by the glass- the only options are the local wines from the winery, which are fine, just would have liked a few other options as well. They do however offer a special- a white and a red from another region by the glass, which was nice. We are looking forward to dining at Cafe Provençal again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We had a lovely experience. Prior to dinner, we took the winery tour which enhanced the overall experience. We would definitely bring out of town guests to dine with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestArtInHistoricTriangleDined on 8/8/2014Cafe Provencal is the romantic place for a couple's night out and also has a quiet atmosphere that makes it a perfect place for two friends to chat and catch up. I hosted my husband's 70th birthday here in a private room (15 guests.) I have also enjoyed Christmas Day lunch here with my family. The food has been perfect every time. Wine choices are interesting and the bar also makes a great cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!date2nightDined on 8/2/2014Best duck I have had on a long time, cooked perfectly. Also had the crab & corn chowder, it was super. The special Capri salad was unforgettable! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went here for our Anniversary and had an amazing time. It is very intimate and quiet, and the food is delicious! This restaurant and experience made our Anniversary special. Also, the Molten Chocolate Cake was AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBromedDined on 7/31/2014I have been hear twice and the food and wine is always fantastic. It is a great place to enjoy good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014We are Williamsburg residents and this was not our first time at Café Provencal. Our reservation was for my husband's birthday dinner. We were greeted by name when we arrived. Everything about the evening was wonderful, the ambiance, the service and of course the food was exceptional. Every course was prepared exactly as we had requested. All of the staff at one time or another during the evening wished my husband a personal "happy birthday". We will definitely return, this is our most favorite restaurant in all of Williamsburg.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal with good servicedcintheburgDined on 7/26/2014We went to Cafe Provencal for our anniversary. It was wonderful food along with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corksDined on 7/25/2014Outstanding from arrival until departure. We were there for our 55th wedding anniversary. We were greeted very pleasantly and in awe of our 55 years of marriage, then we were treated to a complementary glass of champagne. Following, the appetizer was out of this world , and the entrees were equally outstanding. The ambience was such that we will consider returning in the future, with the intentions of staying at the inn and touring the winery, having lunch there, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!canman56Dined on 7/24/2014The service and food were perfect. We had a great time. I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014I toke a couple out to dinner on Tuesday, 7/22/14, to celebrate the woman's 70th birthday. Everything was perfect. The waiter helped to keep the sun out of our eyes as the sun went down over the patio. He pulled the shades down twice. He was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic restaurant and hotelCurtDined on 7/13/2014Located in Wedmore Place at the Williamsburg Winery, it has excellent food and service. On this visit we only dined at the restaurant, but it the past we have stayed at the hotel for a romantic getaway. The evening's special rib eye steak was grilled perfectly and my wife said the sauteed chicken breast was moist and tender. Thinking I was going to order the salmon filet I ordered white wine, but when my steak arrived at the table the waiter brought a sample of red wine; a very nice gesture. Will definitely go back. We also enjoy lunch at the Gabriel Archer Tavern located at the winery when we visit Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeMcDined on 7/8/2014Celebrated my wife's 75th birthday and it was a really pleasant surprise to have such a great evening at a really fine restaurant. Everything was outstanding....the European ambience....the excellent food and wine..........a real winner of an evening. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special timeDrJohnVIPDined on 7/5/2014If you are ready for a great, quiet, well served meal this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect WeekendFishVIPDined on 6/28/2014We recently stayed the weekend at Wedmore Place so we had dinner there both Friday and Saturday night. The food is out of this world. The crab ravioli is a treat (I won't give away the surprise). It was so good, I had it both nights. The tuna special was exceptional. The crabcakes entree was just perfect with the polenta cakes. The desserts were delicious. All in all, a wonderful weekend with wonderful food and wine.Special Features:
- Amazing food; Worth the price!JosephDined on 6/28/2014Had an amazing dinner here. It is a great hidden gem! Everything was prepared to perfection and served with the utmost hospitality. I only live 35 minutes from here and will be making it a point to dine here again. Great special occasion place. The menu items are pricey, but for a special occasion, it is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gemjalapena2004Dined on 6/27/2014This restaurant has the best food that we've tried in a long time. The caesar salad was very creatively made and delicious! The even gave us a sample of the cucumber avocado tomato gazpacho. This was something new for us to try and we loved it. For dinner my husband had the filet mignon and I had the salmon with risotto. Both dishes were perfectly cooked and the side dishes accompanied the meats very well. The wine that they recommend with the dishes is perfectly paired. My wine went perfectly with the salmon. For dessert we had the creme brulee and apple pie. Overall our experience was wonderful. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We were very satisfied. The food was great and was a celebration of both our birthdays and a gift from our son and wife. We will bring them here the next time they come down from Albany, NYSpecial Features:
- Wonderful DinnerMarsanDined on 6/24/2014Our 2 dinners were both outstanding in taste and presentation. Service was excellent with a very nice pace. A featured bottle of wine was exceptional. Was second visit and will not be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food in the areaLookout777Dined on 6/24/2014My wife and I did the wine tour on a whine not expecting much but were very pleastantly surprised so stayed for lunch at the pub. We started with escargot and finished with a quiche and lamb sausages that were to die for. We quickly cancelled our dinner reservation and changed to the cafe Provençal that night. We were treated to a very special perfectly cooked French gourmet dinner that became the highlight of our trip to williamsburg that's how good it was. I had the oxtails and my wife had the grilled red snapper. Treat yourself to a perfect evening in a great setting with a World class wine list.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant!DarkMelochDined on 6/22/2014I have been wanting to eat at Cafe Provencal for years and finally got to do so this past Sunday for my spouse's birthday. It was execellent! The food was amazing and atmosphere of the restaurant was great. It is located in a beautiful hotel on the Williamsburg Winery grounds. I could stay at the restaurant/hotel for hours and just enjoy myself and relax! The staff was extremly professional and had a great knowledge of the wine. I don't even like red wines but he suggested a great one to go with my steak. Will definantly go back again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The food was delicious. Loved the crab cakes and the avocado gazpacho was refreshing!! The ambiance and charm of Cafe Provençal was also wonderful. Great experience!Special Features:
- eatrightDined on 6/15/2014Very enjoyable Father's Day dinner. The food was very good & reasonable priced for the high quality. We had a nice quite table where everyone could talk. Very nice.Special Features:
- tholerDined on 6/14/2014I loved it!!! The best meal that I've had in a long time;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningPleasedDined on 6/13/2014The food and service were top notch as were the prices. Our table overlooked the courtyard and pool which was nice but a little more attention to landscaping around the tree would be an improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJDEFWDined on 6/8/2014Been here a few times and never disappointed in the food or service. One of the two best in Williamsburg. Great for special occasions ..... they brought us a champagne toast on my wife's birthday.Special Features: