Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
13505 Icot Blvd. Suite 214
Clearwater, FL 33760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeponte.com/
- Phone: 7275385768
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Ponte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full service catering division provides the same award-winning high quality food and service that our guests at Cafe Ponte are accustomed to. From preparing an intimate dinner in your home for you and your friends, to a 500-guest wedding, with the ability to set up a full-service kitchen including tents, equipment, seating, dinnerware, and staff in any setting, Cafe Ponte will exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is the perfect solution for conducting corporate business or celebrating a special event. Room accommodates up to 75 guests, and has audio/visual capability, including a 46" plasma T.V. Let our knowledgeable staff customize the perfect menu for you, along with the appropriate wine parings if you wish. From set up to service, Cafe Ponte is unmatched.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Henderson 7275385683
- Entertainment: Cafe Ponte features live jazz artists on select weekends, throughout the year. Watch for scheduled wine tastings, Chef"s cooking demonstrations, and local cooking competitions with area Chef's.
A word from Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
Cafe Ponte, Zagat rated #1 in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota area,features outstanding dining in a modern elegant setting. Chef Chris Ponte"s culinary skills draw influences from all corners of the globe to create this American fusion cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (126)romantic (77)great for lunch (68)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (56)hot spot (29)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- FavoriteTihueDined on 10/22/2014We love CPs for special occasions, amazing food wine and serviceSpecial Features:
- never disappointsBamagurlDined on 10/21/2014Food & service are always spot on. Great place to take clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Jr24624Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and wonderful service! The tasting menu is wonderful and the menu changes seasonally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleased!loveQualityfoodDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have been going each October for our Anniversary. We ALWAYS get superb service! The food is beautifully presented by the chef and explained by the server. We love Café Ponte so much we will be back for a different seasonal menu in the spring and summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Ponte Great place Great foodDangDined on 10/17/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. She loved her filet mignon and the tasty calimari. The bread and salad were excellent. Our waitress, Allie was most helpful and provided excellent service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAngelinaDined on 10/16/2014I have frequented the Café Pont now for almost 10 years. EVERY visit is an enjoyable experience, the food is amazing, and we always receive impeccable service. You can never go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:
- disppointeddisappointedVIPDined on 10/15/2014I have been dining at Cafe Ponte since it opened and every dinner has me looking forward to the next one. Lunches are not as satisfying. I find the service at lunch minimal and the food not as special. Yesterday I ordered the Vermont Burger and found the meat mediocre and the bottom bun soggy. Needless to say, I left disappointed.
- Oh, What a Night!MangiaMangiaDined on 10/10/2014I cannot believe my husband and I just found this place! The menu reading alone was inspiring. The ambiance was nice enough to handle a coat and tie yet chic enough for jeans and heels, too. The bar was so beautiful I was disappointed to have been right on time for our reservation. Not to mention the pianist there playing "Super Mario Bros" cloaked in jazz. Our waiter, Santino, was knowledgeable and charming; not lingering too long or rushing us. As for the main event, the food.was.amazing. These two foodies will return for every future date-night until we've tried everything at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food!KCpoDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful service great environment and off the chain foods that are wonderfully prepared.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceAnnahDined on 10/8/2014Our waiter was funny and reliable. The food was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and excellentzbaileyDined on 10/4/2014Been many times and they always do a great job. Try the sort ribs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdavisDined on 10/4/2014It is a great place to celebrate birthdays! Love it! I usually go to this restaurant once year to celebrate my husband's birthday. I invited friends and they really enjoyed it. I ordered Bass for dinner and it was very YUMMY! The mushroom soup is so GOOD!!! The bread they serve is amazing. I will definitely recommend this place for everyone. My favorite restaurant in Pinellas County.Special Features:
- Always spectacular!BirthdaygirlDined on 10/3/2014The food, service and ambience is always spectacular at Cafe Ponte. Each of our choices from the menu exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and service; the servers did not pressure you and the room was not loud. So many restaurant today are so loud. First class and strongly recommend for any special events.Special Features:
- Classy and nice...VplusADined on 10/2/2014This is a very nice place for lunch or brunch, haven't tried dinner. I did get the gnocchi today and it was excellent from a presentation and taste perspective. The one flaw was that the portion size was very small and it didn't even come with a slice odd garlic bread or something to help fill the void.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming SurpriseKewenaDined on 9/29/2014In a strip mall and doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you enter this charming restaurant there is the warm and welcoming feel of an upscale, elegant dining experience. The "flatbread" appetizer should be avoided, as it is similar to a very large deep dish pizza loaded with cheese. One really can't eat that and have an appetite for the rest of the outstanding menu. One thing that should not be missed: blackberry cobbler. The best I have ever tasted. Service was knowledgeable and outstanding in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningToniDined on 9/27/2014the best food, drinks & service ever. Would highly recommend to all my acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down, one of the best in townCharlieDined on 9/26/2014I've been a regular for nine years and will say that Cafe Ponte is consistently one of the best restaurants in the greater Tampa Bay market. Chris Ponte is a creative chef and restauranteur and his staff is outstanding. They make sure that every dining experience is a delight, whether it's a business lunch or and evening out with someone special.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Superb Service!PghAtl3130Dined on 9/26/2014Everyone in my dinner party raved about the food and even more about the service! We celebrated my Mother's 70th birthday and the 2 gentleman serving us could not have been better! One of the best restaurants I have been to in the country! 5 stars for sure and highly recommend!! Thanks for making it such a wonderful evening for my family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a big hit with usCaptainTarDined on 9/25/2014Jeffrey met us at our favorite both near the bar and Ali served up our 1st round of cocktails. These guys are the best. It was our 10th anniversary and we wanted to enjoy it in style…that always means Cafe Ponte. The appetizers and entrees were paired with a Chateauneuf du Pape and we savored a 2 1/2 hour experience. Always recommendedSpecial Features:
- great food, but packedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014Food and service were very good as usual - food is exceptionally good for this area and it's hands down the best restaurant for 10 miles. not suprisingly it's very busy and for the 2nd time in a row my table was not ready at my reserved time. thankfully it wasnt too hot and we were able to sit on patio, but if not for that it would have been a 15 minute wait and would have really put me off schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed immensely. Had to "rush" through dinner to make Rays game. Look forward to returning with guests and enjoying meal and wines. Agree that mushroom soup was "to die for".Special Features:
- Fantastic FindPickyNewYorkerDined on 9/20/2014I live nearby but had never dined at Cafe Ponte. Loved that the outdoor dining hid the parking lot with nice landscaping. We dined indoors and the ambiance was very nice. Every course was delicious and artistically prepared. This was a special occasion dinner and every expectation for a celebration evening was met and exceeded. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Rainy day mealluv2dineDined on 9/19/2014On a dark rainy Friday night, we arrived to be greeted by live piano music. The restaurant was quieter than usual and the service faster. Ron, our excellent waiter, made great suggestions. The lobster en croute was both exotic and complete comfort food. The seabass was buttery and melted in your mouth. A very great way to enjoy the night.Special Features:
- Best in Tampa BayBGBLUECATVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been here numerous times and have never been disappointed. Beautiful presentations, good food, and attentive service. They have a very nice wine & spirits selection. Dining at its best.Special Features:
- LOVE cafe ponte!luvgoodfoodDined on 9/17/2014Great food, Great service, Great restaurant! One our most favorite restaurants in Pinellas County and we eat out frequently. Always consistently a stellar experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe PonteAngieDined on 9/13/2014Food and wine were amazing! Our server Jeff was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyabledining4uDined on 9/13/2014Everything about my visit there was superb. From the minute we walked in, service, food and service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In loveCyansky78Dined on 9/13/2014This is my second time at Cafe Ponte. Food and presentation and service is amazing.One of the best in the whole Tampa bay area.I am hooked.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, perfect food and service. Fritz was attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- 2finedineDined on 9/12/2014Cafe Ponte is by far the best restaurant in Pinellas County and in the top 10 for all of Tampa Bay.Special Features:
- Excellent foodplaces2goDined on 9/11/2014We did the 6 course summer tasting and added the wine pairings. It was amazing! We will definitely be back !!Special Features:
- Awsome Dinner at Cafe PontefoodcityDined on 9/6/2014A friend and I tried Café Ponte last Saturday night on a whim. What a beautiful restaurant! Tucked away amid office buildings, a pizza restaurant, and a couple random night clubs, the inside is so nice... really took us by surprise. Loved the food and service; I had chillean sea bass and my friend had steak, both fabulous. My only suggestion would be to tone down the noise at the bar. We were seated at a lovely booth next to the bar area, which became quite noisy by the time our food was served. We really enjoyed the Prix Fixe menu and the outstanding service. I will totally return to Café Ponte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Presentation & TasteBillyDined on 9/6/2014Cafe Ponte was excellent - Food was prepared with special care to taste and quality - We enjoyed it very much and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJaniceVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had been here for lunch previously and the food was always delicious. Brought my husband so that we could celebrate his birthday and this restaurant did not disappoint. The service was fantastic and the food was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- exceptional food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I made reservations for our 40th anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by many "Happy Anniversary" said to us by staff and a lovely card on our table also wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Our waiter, Jeff, was very knowledgeable and treated us very well. The food was excellent, definitely one of the best meals I've eaten, from the amuse-bouche to the chocolate caramel tart. Cafe Pone made our evening very memorable on a very special day.Special Features:
- gourmetdinerDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary with two friends and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The service was exceptional as was the food. We always think of it as a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencemissmeliss169VIPDined on 8/28/2014I wanted to take my husband someplace nice for his 40th Birthday and. Friend recommended this place. We have driven by countless times and never tried it. From the moment we sat down everything was very personal and our waiter was great. The food was phenomenal! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOES NOT DISAPPOINTCoachDined on 8/27/2014Recently had lunch, which was delicious with quick and efficient service.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceRaggyMomDined on 8/23/2014We arrived early but there was ample seating @ the bar as well as a piano player. Nice ambiance. Wine list lacks for palatable whites but nice reds. We started w/ the tuna tartare, very delicious, fresh & light. My husband had the short ribs, which were amazing. Very tender and flavorful. I had the scallop dish, which was very good also. My only complaint was the scallops could have been seared a few mins longer. The restaurant was busy that evening & there was a slight delay with beverage service. Not something we complained about but apparently something the manager noticed. So without any complaint on our part, the restaurant served us their amazing chocolate cake and 2 glasses of champagne on the house. What a class act place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.