Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
13505 Icot Blvd. Suite 214
Clearwater, FL 33760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeponte.com/
- Phone: 7275385768
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Ponte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full service catering division provides the same award-winning high quality food and service that our guests at Cafe Ponte are accustomed to. From preparing an intimate dinner in your home for you and your friends, to a 500-guest wedding, with the ability to set up a full-service kitchen including tents, equipment, seating, dinnerware, and staff in any setting, Cafe Ponte will exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is the perfect solution for conducting corporate business or celebrating a special event. Room accommodates up to 75 guests, and has audio/visual capability, including a 46" plasma T.V. Let our knowledgeable staff customize the perfect menu for you, along with the appropriate wine parings if you wish. From set up to service, Cafe Ponte is unmatched.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Henderson 7275385683
- Entertainment: Cafe Ponte features live jazz artists on select weekends, throughout the year. Watch for scheduled wine tastings, Chef"s cooking demonstrations, and local cooking competitions with area Chef's.
A word from Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
Cafe Ponte, Zagat rated #1 in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota area,features outstanding dining in a modern elegant setting. Chef Chris Ponte"s culinary skills draw influences from all corners of the globe to create this American fusion cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (136)special occasion (136)romantic (84)great for lunch (72)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (49)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cafe PonteAngieDined on 9/13/2014Food and wine were amazing! Our server Jeff was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyabledining4uDined on 9/13/2014Everything about my visit there was superb. From the minute we walked in, service, food and service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, perfect food and service. Fritz was attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- 2finedineDined on 9/12/2014Cafe Ponte is by far the best restaurant in Pinellas County and in the top 10 for all of Tampa Bay.Special Features:
- Excellent foodplaces2goDined on 9/11/2014We did the 6 course summer tasting and added the wine pairings. It was amazing! We will definitely be back !!Special Features:
- Awsome Dinner at Cafe PontefoodcityDined on 9/6/2014A friend and I tried Café Ponte last Saturday night on a whim. What a beautiful restaurant! Tucked away amid office buildings, a pizza restaurant, and a couple random night clubs, the inside is so nice... really took us by surprise. Loved the food and service; I had chillean sea bass and my friend had steak, both fabulous. My only suggestion would be to tone down the noise at the bar. We were seated at a lovely booth next to the bar area, which became quite noisy by the time our food was served. We really enjoyed the Prix Fixe menu and the outstanding service. I will totally return to Café Ponte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Presentation & TasteBillyDined on 9/6/2014Cafe Ponte was excellent - Food was prepared with special care to taste and quality - We enjoyed it very much and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJaniceVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had been here for lunch previously and the food was always delicious. Brought my husband so that we could celebrate his birthday and this restaurant did not disappoint. The service was fantastic and the food was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- exceptional food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I made reservations for our 40th anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by many "Happy Anniversary" said to us by staff and a lovely card on our table also wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Our waiter, Jeff, was very knowledgeable and treated us very well. The food was excellent, definitely one of the best meals I've eaten, from the amuse-bouche to the chocolate caramel tart. Cafe Pone made our evening very memorable on a very special day.Special Features:
- gourmetdinerDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary with two friends and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The service was exceptional as was the food. We always think of it as a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencemissmeliss169VIPDined on 8/28/2014I wanted to take my husband someplace nice for his 40th Birthday and. Friend recommended this place. We have driven by countless times and never tried it. From the moment we sat down everything was very personal and our waiter was great. The food was phenomenal! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOES NOT DISAPPOINTCoachDined on 8/27/2014Recently had lunch, which was delicious with quick and efficient service.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceRaggyMomDined on 8/23/2014We arrived early but there was ample seating @ the bar as well as a piano player. Nice ambiance. Wine list lacks for palatable whites but nice reds. We started w/ the tuna tartare, very delicious, fresh & light. My husband had the short ribs, which were amazing. Very tender and flavorful. I had the scallop dish, which was very good also. My only complaint was the scallops could have been seared a few mins longer. The restaurant was busy that evening & there was a slight delay with beverage service. Not something we complained about but apparently something the manager noticed. So without any complaint on our part, the restaurant served us their amazing chocolate cake and 2 glasses of champagne on the house. What a class act place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining ExperienceMissyDined on 8/23/2014We were lucky enough to celebrate our anniversary at Café Ponte. We were made to feel incredibly special as they acknowledged the occasion as soon as we sat down. The food was exquisite and service was impeccable. It was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had...and we dine out frequently. It was a great overall experience from start to finish. We love the creativity of the menu and the quality of food is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceJoeF3874Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary at Café Ponte and could not have been any more impressed with the knowlegable and attentive staff. The food was delicious and the experience was fantastic.Special Features:
- The bestNicknameVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is one of the best in the area. The service is exceptional and the menu is absolutely fantastic. The Groupon special is excellent value for what you get. We will be going back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special occasion placejoananddavidDined on 8/23/2014Dine at Ponte's a couple times a year with another couple. It is our special occasion place and it has never disappointed. Changing menu with seasonal choices is a plus. Consistent quality of food and service keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!RobertDined on 8/23/2014This is the ultimate romantic spot for a cozy dinner!Special Features:
- MisskesDined on 8/22/2014Had a groupon for a six course food tasting. The service was a little slow we were there almost 3 hours. The food was pretty tasty. We will definitely go back to try their regular menu.Special Features:
- BobinClearwaterDined on 8/20/2014The presentation and quality of the food is always excellent. The creativity of the kitchen is very high. Service meets expectations on a consistent basis. I have never been disappointed at Cafe Ponte and go back time after time and recieve what I came for-fine food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfpbniceDined on 8/20/2014The food and service at Café Ponte is outstanding and suitable for the most critical palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshineDined on 8/20/2014Excellent Always a great time. Service is well rounded. tables are spotless Food you dont need any added spicesSpecial Features:
- Good PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014It was a good place. My wife and I were not cultured enough to fully enjoy the food. A good experience though Cool atmosphere The waitress was killing it (in a good way); dominating all of the drink orders for all of the tables while still hosting the bar and a few tables herself.Special Features:
- The Salmon BurgerAngelinaDined on 8/19/2014I have been a customer of the Café Ponte's since they opened. The food has always been amazing along with the service and atmosphere. I was very disappointed to see they had removed their salmon burger from the menu. HOWEVER, this past Tuesday I was lucky enough to be there for lunch when the Salmon Burger was on the Special's menu. I must say-I was a happy woman that day. PLEASE BRING THE SALMON BURGER BACK!Special Features:
- A True Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Plan your evening at Cafe Ponte, because dinner will take two luxurious hours of pampering and beautifully prepared food. The prix fixe 3 course meal makes dinner here especially affordable. Cafe Ponte is a treasure, and if you love great food this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!!LHAMDined on 8/16/2014I had a wonderful dinner with my lady friend. We had the 'summer tasting menu' and it was delicious!!! There was a table near us that was a bit 'over served' and loud but the staff did a great job keeping them under control...overall, a great evening!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding!JIDITIDined on 8/16/2014We've been to Cafe Ponte many times and have never been disappointed... Each time the food, service and atmosphere was outstanding!Special Features:
- JoshMaroDined on 8/14/2014The food was great. My husband and I had the sea bass which was absolutely delicious, as well as the mixed salad and salmon appetizer. Wine was also great. We'll be back for sure. Our server was very knowledgable and very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethGourmet11VIPDined on 8/12/2014Great food, great service! We'll be back soon! The Summer Tasting menu is terrific!Special Features:
- Gourmet DiningSharonaDined on 8/11/2014The food and service are superb. The seasonal tastings are just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints, always excellentstpetefoodieDined on 8/11/2014The service and food is always great. We enjoyed the 6-course tasting menu and loved every course. We've also been here for lunch and the regular dinner menu. It never disappoints and the food is excellent. We love coming here for any occasion, or just a nice meal out! This is a place where you know you are paying for great food and service, and not the location.Special Features:
- Will be back..IwillbebackDined on 8/9/2014As always, the food was amazing. Service professional even in the face of having the kitchen back up because of a private party. We llok forward to coming back every season for the new menu.Special Features:
- With FriendsTheDonVIPDined on 8/7/2014Another great visit to one of our most favorite restaurants. Ranked in top 10 in Tampa area for good reason. Three course special a great value but must place order prior to 6:30 PM. Service as always impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in ClearwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Had some important people in from Jacksonville and recommended we eat dinner there. They were very impressed and LOVED the food. I am sure they will be back for dinner there when they are in town.Special Features:
- repeat visit - best yetBradVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our 4th visit to Café Pont. Food and service were spot on. Waiter was French Canadian and both pleasant and capable. He confidently recommended the rib eye and the short ribs, and both were excellent. If you like chocolate, the flourless chocolate cake is terrific and enough for sharing.
- Superb!dtgfloridaDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time and we will definitely be visiting again....and again. We opted for the 6 course Summer Tasting Menu and weren't disappointed. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable on every course. The Chef sent out several small appetizers that were amazing. The wild mushroom soup with truffle cream was our favorite. Dinner lasted over two hours and we enjoyed every minute. Café Ponte is a hidden gem in the Largo/Clearwater area. You probably won't be able to afford dining there every week, but every special occasion in your life will bring to mind this dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysNoneVIPDined on 7/28/2014We go here for every major celebration: birthdays & anniversary. Because it is in Florida we almost always eat outside where we usually have the patio to ourselves. We do the Chef's Tasting Menu with the Wine Pairings and have never had anything we did not like. On 7/28 was the first time I ever liked peas! The service is pleasant and excellent. We will keep coming back...Special Features:
- Everything great except?PamieDined on 7/26/2014We were there for the tasting menu. This was our third time and was the least memorable. Entree choices of fish or shellfish / short rib combo was weak. Shortribs were emulsified to almost the point of purée. Nice taste but I didn't have a straw handySpecial Features:
- Always a treatExcellentDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant has never disappointed us. Food is amazing and the service is excellent. The flourlesd chocolate is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureJimbo49Dined on 7/24/2014Cafe Ponte is one of my favorite spots for dinner. The food is excellent and the service is pleasantly attentive and competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.