Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
13505 Icot Blvd. Suite 214
Clearwater, FL 33760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeponte.com/
- Phone: (727) 538-5768
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Ponte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full service catering division provides the same award-winning high quality food and service that our guests at Cafe Ponte are accustomed to. From preparing an intimate dinner in your home for you and your friends, to a 500-guest wedding, with the ability to set up a full-service kitchen including tents, equipment, seating, dinnerware, and staff in any setting, Cafe Ponte will exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is the perfect solution for conducting corporate business or celebrating a special event. Room accommodates up to 75 guests, and has audio/visual capability, including a 46" plasma T.V. Let our knowledgeable staff customize the perfect menu for you, along with the appropriate wine parings if you wish. From set up to service, Cafe Ponte is unmatched.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Henderson 7275385683
- Entertainment: Cafe Ponte features live jazz artists on select weekends, throughout the year. Watch for scheduled wine tastings, Chef"s cooking demonstrations, and local cooking competitions with area Chef's.
A word from Cafe Ponte - Clearwater
Cafe Ponte, Zagat rated #1 in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota area,features outstanding dining in a modern elegant setting. Chef Chris Ponte"s culinary skills draw influences from all corners of the globe to create this American fusion cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Cafe Ponte - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)special occasion (122)romantic (76)notable wine list (69)great for lunch (64)good for groups (57)neighborhood gem (56)hot spot (31)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- A great dining experienceGerryDined on 11/18/2014Again, Cafe Ponte exceeded our dining expectations. This was our second dining experience at Cafe Ponte and this time we were accompanied by good friends. We enjoyed the six course sampler menu and it was a fantastic dining experience. Will, without a doubt, return to one of our favorites in the Greater Tampa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjimmDined on 11/18/2014The lobster pot pie was amazing, also, the cup of mushroom soup was delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Great DinnerLeeGVIPDined on 11/15/2014From the time we arrived and were warmly greeted to the specialty drinks at the bar to the multiple courses of yummy foods and great wine we were completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally Good Chef Misses; Waiter HorribleDissapointedVIPDined on 11/15/2014I have been here a few times in the past for special occasions. We usually go for the 6 course tasting menu and wine flights. First the good. The receptionist wished me happy birthday, nice touch. There was a birthday card on the table, also nice. Our bar experience was very nice, but I would recommend adding a good domestic sparkling wine to the offering (there are several very good ones) The wine flights were amazing. The mushroom soup (I was allowed to substitute), pasta dish, cheese plate and dessert were excellent. The salad was a fifty-fifty proposition. The dressing was great and paired perfectly with the wine. The salad could have done with a few less components. I think I counted eight. That is a bit much in my opinion. Now the bad. Our server was not very good, he was disengaged and forgot to serve the complimentary chocolates that other table received. Once we paid the check, he was gone. He had difficulty timing the wine flights and just gave off a bad vibe. I was particularly concerned when he couldn't answer basic questions about dishes on the menu. In his defense, I normally see more team work in a restaurant of this quality. This was a fall tasting menu and the chef chose to use butternut squash in everything but dessert and the cheese plate. It was under roasted and lacked depth. In many cases it just wasn't necessary, such as in the pasta ragu. The fish dish was a good example of the overly sweet notes in both the entree and the butternut squash soup.Special Features:
- 7000Dined on 11/13/2014Best restaurant that we've found for Continental food in the Tampa/St Pete area, and we're 4 years into looking. Lobster and crab cake, fois gras and pork chop were truly excellent. Staff attentive and well-trained. Offered my wife a dark napkin for her dark skirt. Cocktails creative. Dining room spacious but rather standard appearanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT foodStPeteVisitorDined on 11/13/2014We were a group of 10. (5 couples wanting separate checks and we were accommodated without question). We sat outside because it was a beautiful day and a beautiful setting. Several of us tried the special fish entree ( mahi mahi in a ginger sauce) and it was great. Everyone in the group commented about how good their food was. As we were sitting outside at our table, we noticed that people were poring in their for lunch so clearly many people know about this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lousy waiterBeinghonestDined on 11/11/2014We brought our foodie friends out for what we expected to be a fabulous meal, based on past experience. The food was good, but our waiter was terrible. He was pushy and took our plates before we were done. Didn't read us at all. Service makes a big difference in the dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesomeviad2Dined on 11/8/2014great service, awesome food!!I'll visit this place again for a special ocassion..Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and service, Tyler was a perfect server and my guest was impressedSpecial Features:
- Cafe PonteAngieDined on 11/7/2014This is my second time there for dinner. It is one of our favorite restaurants for a relaxed dinner with wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- RandyL999VIPDined on 11/4/2014Chris and his great staff never fail to deliver the goods... wonderful food with great unintrusive service. Even with every table in the restaurant filled at a busy lunch service, everything still hums without seeming hectic or rushed. Best part is that while the food and service is head and shoulders above most everyone, the prices aren’t. Well played, Chris!Special Features:
- Jimbo49Dined on 11/1/2014I am a long time customer. The food was not prepared to Cafe Ponte's usual high standards. The service was very slow and inept, also a rarity here. I hope this is not "the new normal" at one of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingFoodieDined on 10/31/2014We had the 6-course tasting menu 2 for $90 and unfortunately were very disappointed. I understand that it was a tasting menu, but with 6 courses, one should not leave the restaurant feeling "hungry". we did. the portions were ultra-small, they should have been larger especially the main. I had the fish with risotto, the risotto was like wallpaper paste. I make risotto all the time and know what the consistency should be, it was not. my husband had the steak main and 3 miniscule pieces of meat as a "main". I don't think so. the soup was very good. the salad, very small, leaves are inexpensive, put a larger salad out. the cheese course was also minuscule and one tiny piece of bread. also did the wine pairing, very skimpy on the pours.Special Features:
- Lunch reviewMountaingirlDined on 10/31/2014We ate outside, so it was less noisy than inside, being that it is close to the parking lot and away from the street. Nice patio with plants. Food was outstanding as usual. Do not miss their mushroom soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TraditionLONGTIMEPATRONSDined on 10/28/2014Our favorite restaurant for my wife's birthday. Were acknowledged as repeat customers and promptly seated seated in a cozy booth. There was a "birthday card" for Carol on the table - nice touch! Amy, our server, introduced herself, thanked us for choosing Cafe' Ponte for our special occassion. Amy did a fabulous job throughout the evening - knowledgable on menu, great cusomer svc. skiils. Chose an the foie gras appetizer and a winter salad for starters. Selected evening special -"PRIME Ribeye for 2" w Asian brussels sprouts and smoked gouda mac n cheese. Foie gras always fabulous at Ponte. Ribeye was good, expected spectacular for $120 for 2 . Asian brussels sprouts excessive sauced. Flourless choc cake delicious. Total $240 w tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeFlsocialworkerDined on 10/28/2014Cafe Ponte is one of my favorite restaurants. It has a sort of Mad Men ambiance with amazing food and wonderful bar. This is the place to take someone on date or for a special occasion. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Just not impressedMphelps2010Dined on 10/25/2014Decor was just fine. Service ok. But the food was just not impressive. I had the kale salad and it was seriously flavorless. The lobster and crab cake was tasty but I wasnt wowed. I will not be back.
- Great lunchstyleosophyVIPDined on 10/23/2014Great people watching, fast service, and as usual a great lunch menu. Cafe Ponte never disappoints.Special Features:
- FavoriteTihueDined on 10/22/2014We love CPs for special occasions, amazing food wine and serviceSpecial Features:
- never disappointsBamagurlDined on 10/21/2014Food & service are always spot on. Great place to take clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Jr24624Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and wonderful service! The tasting menu is wonderful and the menu changes seasonally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleased!loveQualityfoodDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have been going each October for our Anniversary. We ALWAYS get superb service! The food is beautifully presented by the chef and explained by the server. We love Café Ponte so much we will be back for a different seasonal menu in the spring and summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Ponte Great place Great foodDangDined on 10/17/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. She loved her filet mignon and the tasty calimari. The bread and salad were excellent. Our waitress, Allie was most helpful and provided excellent service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food but not table locationjustanotherfoodieDined on 10/16/2014My two friends and I really enjoyed our food...it all tasted awesome! However, we were seated at a high top table for four near the bar. It was not comfortable for my two friends because one was scrunched up against the wall and the other was in the direct flow of traffic to another room. My seat was okay, but if I was any bigger, I would have had a problem. The remaining seat was not good either because it was too close to the people seated at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAngelinaDined on 10/16/2014I have frequented the Café Pont now for almost 10 years. EVERY visit is an enjoyable experience, the food is amazing, and we always receive impeccable service. You can never go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:
- disppointeddisappointedVIPDined on 10/15/2014I have been dining at Cafe Ponte since it opened and every dinner has me looking forward to the next one. Lunches are not as satisfying. I find the service at lunch minimal and the food not as special. Yesterday I ordered the Vermont Burger and found the meat mediocre and the bottom bun soggy. Needless to say, I left disappointed.
- Oh, What a Night!MangiaMangiaDined on 10/10/2014I cannot believe my husband and I just found this place! The menu reading alone was inspiring. The ambiance was nice enough to handle a coat and tie yet chic enough for jeans and heels, too. The bar was so beautiful I was disappointed to have been right on time for our reservation. Not to mention the pianist there playing "Super Mario Bros" cloaked in jazz. Our waiter, Santino, was knowledgeable and charming; not lingering too long or rushing us. As for the main event, the food.was.amazing. These two foodies will return for every future date-night until we've tried everything at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food!KCpoDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful service great environment and off the chain foods that are wonderfully prepared.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceAnnahDined on 10/8/2014Our waiter was funny and reliable. The food was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and excellentzbaileyDined on 10/4/2014Been many times and they always do a great job. Try the sort ribs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdavisDined on 10/4/2014It is a great place to celebrate birthdays! Love it! I usually go to this restaurant once year to celebrate my husband's birthday. I invited friends and they really enjoyed it. I ordered Bass for dinner and it was very YUMMY! The mushroom soup is so GOOD!!! The bread they serve is amazing. I will definitely recommend this place for everyone. My favorite restaurant in Pinellas County.Special Features:
- Always spectacular!BirthdaygirlDined on 10/3/2014The food, service and ambience is always spectacular at Cafe Ponte. Each of our choices from the menu exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food and service; the servers did not pressure you and the room was not loud. So many restaurant today are so loud. First class and strongly recommend for any special events.Special Features:
- Classy and nice...VplusADined on 10/2/2014This is a very nice place for lunch or brunch, haven't tried dinner. I did get the gnocchi today and it was excellent from a presentation and taste perspective. The one flaw was that the portion size was very small and it didn't even come with a slice odd garlic bread or something to help fill the void.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming SurpriseKewenaDined on 9/29/2014In a strip mall and doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you enter this charming restaurant there is the warm and welcoming feel of an upscale, elegant dining experience. The "flatbread" appetizer should be avoided, as it is similar to a very large deep dish pizza loaded with cheese. One really can't eat that and have an appetite for the rest of the outstanding menu. One thing that should not be missed: blackberry cobbler. The best I have ever tasted. Service was knowledgeable and outstanding in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningToniDined on 9/27/2014the best food, drinks & service ever. Would highly recommend to all my acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down, one of the best in townCharlieDined on 9/26/2014I've been a regular for nine years and will say that Cafe Ponte is consistently one of the best restaurants in the greater Tampa Bay market. Chris Ponte is a creative chef and restauranteur and his staff is outstanding. They make sure that every dining experience is a delight, whether it's a business lunch or and evening out with someone special.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Superb Service!PghAtl3130Dined on 9/26/2014Everyone in my dinner party raved about the food and even more about the service! We celebrated my Mother's 70th birthday and the 2 gentleman serving us could not have been better! One of the best restaurants I have been to in the country! 5 stars for sure and highly recommend!! Thanks for making it such a wonderful evening for my family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a big hit with usCaptainTarDined on 9/25/2014Jeffrey met us at our favorite both near the bar and Ali served up our 1st round of cocktails. These guys are the best. It was our 10th anniversary and we wanted to enjoy it in style…that always means Cafe Ponte. The appetizers and entrees were paired with a Chateauneuf du Pape and we savored a 2 1/2 hour experience. Always recommendedSpecial Features:
- great food, but packedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014Food and service were very good as usual - food is exceptionally good for this area and it's hands down the best restaurant for 10 miles. not suprisingly it's very busy and for the 2nd time in a row my table was not ready at my reserved time. thankfully it wasnt too hot and we were able to sit on patio, but if not for that it would have been a 15 minute wait and would have really put me off schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.