Cafe Pita + Bosnian Cuisine
Houston, TX 77042Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Pita + Bosnian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafepita.weebly.com/
- Phone: 7139537237
- Hours of Operation:
westheimer Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Richmond Daily :11;00am-11;00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
- Executive Chef: Omer Okanovic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Seats up to 70 people, equipped with projector, TVs and a stage. Great for meetings, lunches, and private dinners...Call for info 713-953-7237
- Private Party Contact: Omer 2812166637
A word from Cafe Pita + Bosnian Cuisine
""NOW TWO LOCATIONS"""5506 Richmond and 10852 Westheimer "FEATURED ON FOOD NETWORK" At this cozy Bosnian spot, lively Balkan tunes play and the menu is a bargain. There's no end to delicious small sandwiches that can be constructed from the meze platter and lepinja (spongy loaf). The lamb shank is fall-apart tender, and the stuffed cabbage distinguished. Burek (coiled oblong puff pastry) is wonderful stuffed with spinach and cheese or potato and onion. Sample the Shokata sodas and house-made desserts. Café Pita + is a Houston treasure." Alison Cook, Houston ChronicleContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Pita + Bosnian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Every thing our group of 6 had was great. The cabbage rolls were the best I have ever had. Will absolutely go back the next time we go to Houston.
- We're SO LUCKY to be in suchHeightsFoodieGuyVIPDined on 2/16/2013We're SO LUCKY to be in such a diverse FOODIE City! Cafe Pita is definitely a place for you to try! Adventurous dining without being too "out there"!Special Features:
- We have been to this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013We have been to this place a few times, and it is always fantastic. All of the employees are super friendly and helpful. The food is amazing, so many flavors. Bring a bottle of wine and have a nice romantic date.Special Features:
- great for a large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Cafe Pita was a great place to enjoy a fabulous dinner with a large group. We had a table of ten and had excellent service. The owner came over several times to make sure we were enjoying our food. We asked the waiter to bring us his favorite desserts and what a treat that was! We enjoyed three different desserts and wanted to lick our plates!Special Features:
- -A great experience-OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Cafe Pita is my new favorite restaurant. Delicious food, great service and reasonable prices. I also like that it is BYOB.
- Try it! It's goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was fantastic, the service was very good but got very poor as the restaurant got busier (it was Valentine's Day). Overall I recommend it.Special Features:
- Cafe Pita is a score.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Excellent food, excellent service, and not too fancy. Had stuffed cabbage and stuffed peppers. Looking forward to going back and trying other dishes. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food is delicious, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Food is delicious, service was great. Can't ask for more.Special Features:
- Pretty mediocre experience.NelsonVIPDined on 1/15/2013Pretty mediocre experience. They were out of several menu items, and the lamb shank was forgettable. Just a really average experience. When all is said and done, though, the price was right. Very affordable - although that wasnt our objective. BYOB is fun.
- Very nice restaurant. StaffMmcyVIPDined on 1/5/2013Very nice restaurant. Staff was helpful in explaining the different dishes. I love BYOB! All of our dinner selections were good( there were 4 of us) We will come againSpecial Features:
- About my 4th or 5th trip.DonFromHTownDined on 11/5/2012About my 4th or 5th trip. I really enjoy this resturant. Food is good as always and I have a ton of it in my frige for tomorrow nite.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2012I really enjoyed my visit to Cafe Pita. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I recommend the goulash and the lamb. Both melted in your mouth!Special Features:
- Friends of mine and I initiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Friends of mine and I initially went because of an episode of Diners, Drive-In's and Dives but the quality and deliciousness of the food keeps us coming back for more. The wait staff is very friendly, but sometimes a little overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Service was great, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012Service was great, everything on time. Even paying with combination of gift cards and cash the server took care of it perfectly. Foot was great, was prepared for something very spicy from other reviews, but it was just like I grew up with in Kansas, a nice combination of flavors, fried cheese good, crepes for desert were excellent, ended a wonderful evening perfectly
- Off NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2012Amazing new waitress from Croatia and she made our evening memorable.Special Features:
- Great Value, Great Food, BYOBTheBestCriticVIPDined on 9/11/2012Not much to look at, I'm assuming it looks "Bosnian," I've been to Croatia and it looked pretty close. The server was Bosnian and very helpful with the menu and recommendations. Food was very tasty, nice flavors and hearty. Really enjoyed the fried anchovie starter. The lamb shank was tender and services with a flavorful sauce and vegetables. One of the group have the goulosh, and raved about it BYOB makes it easy on the pocketbook, and you get exactly the wine prefer. Definately will be returning, and bring friends.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2012Once we saw this place featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, we had to go. We were not disappointed! The food is like no other and has an amazing flavor, scent, and presentation. The staff are patient and know the dishes well. (The names of some of the dishes are in Bosnian, so they are hard to pronounce, but the staff are very friendly and willing to help!) I highly recommend Cafe Pita. Oh, and it is BYOB!Special Features:
- Looking for Great food atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Looking for Great food at Good prices this is the place!
- Could come back for the dipsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012Could come back for the dips and the nutella crepe alone. But my entree was pretty wonderful as well...
- Would not visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012We visited this place because of its appearance on the food network show, 'Diners Dives and Drive Ins''. I thought it was a disappointment. The food was mediocre at best and had no wow factor at all. I would not visit again and would not recommend this place.
- Disappointed....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012I saw this restaurant on Food Network's DDD Show so I thought I ought to try it. The waitress was very sweet but it did take about an hour to get our meals. A lot of the menu reflects breakfast or lunch options, not really fit to be a place to have dinner. (I came for dinner) Food was mediocre...nothing I can honestly rave about or crave to want to go back to. :/ What was the most disappointing was the 18% gratuity that is automatically added on to the bill....service I believed didn't deserve that much tip at all.Special Features:
- Overall great place to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Overall great place to try something new. The bread was incredible! I will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu. Btw I had the mixed platter the lamb and mini kabobs were the best. I would like to try the pizza,lamb shank, and gyro in the future.Special Features:
- This was my 3rd visit to PitacraigDined on 7/14/2012This was my 3rd visit to Pita +. Each visit has been better that the prevous one. The food is good and the waite staff even better. We were well taken care of. We are going back soonSpecial Features:
- Service was slow. They forgotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012Service was slow. They forgot to bring our pre-dinner salads and brought them at the same time as our dinners. They were slow on water and tea refills. I came because I was excited about the publicity from the Food Network. But I was definitely disappointed.
- We enjoyed our meal. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012We enjoyed our meal. It was an interesting change of menu. The waitress was very good. She was Slovak and could pronounce the menu items. A good experience. We will be back.
- Great foodDonFromHTownDined on 6/27/2012Have been meaning to go here since they were featured on DDD on Food Network. I got the Platter and my wife got the Gyro and there were 2 house salads and sardines ordered. Everything was good, my only complaint is they cooked the kabob on the platter too much. Granted it had good flavor but it rendered the Chicken and beef very tough. The pljeskavice and the cevap served with their lepinja bread and kajmak sauce is enough for me to return here again and again. Their bread is somewhat hard to describe, kinda like a fat pita. It is kind of like a cross between a pita and naan. The Gyro is perhaps one of the most flavorful I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- The bread is amazing. TheSolomonDined on 6/8/2012The bread is amazing. The cevap beef is pretty unique. Nothing bad here... everything is different and awesome.
- Everything we had tasted soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Everything we had tasted so fresh and very good including pita bread.Special Features:
- Newly amped up menu and moreChristineVIPDined on 5/24/2012Newly amped up menu and more spacious restaurant. BYOB! with very reasonable prices. Must try their eggplant dip!Special Features:
- Our "go-to' placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2012The food was excellent, loved the eggplant dip! The service was attentive and prices are very reasonable. Ka-bobs are their speciality.Special Features:
- Excellent sevap and barek.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012Excellent sevap and barek. Wonderful meat. The spinach barek is to die for and the Mediterranean salad is huge with great dressing. Never had Bosnian food before this placeSpecial Features:
- Very interesting and unusualsaz31VIPDined on 4/25/2012Very interesting and unusual food. A must for folks in Houston who enjoy Food Network DDD's. Note that they do not have an alcohol license... so... no beer... no wine... unless you bring it.Special Features: