424 E Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepfisterhotel.com/
- Phone: 4143903830x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch Everyday
6:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Frakes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: This expansive and regal setting is available for private functions from weddings to private birthdays and everything in between. Also makes an excellent business setting for presentations, meetings, and entertaining. Please contact Dining Room Manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Bub 4143904661x
- Special Events: We do have some space available to accommodate larger groups in a semi private area. Please think of us for your special occasion - we can develop unique experiences for all types of events. We welcome an opportunity to host your next event.
A word from Café Pfister!
Enjoy the Pfister Hotel's casual elegance in the Café Pfister. Features a business Express lunch with a 30 minute guarantee. Get a three course meal in 30 minutes or less. Perfect for the busy downtown executive. Enjoy a leisurely Sunday Brunch on the Veranda while watching the bustle of the downtown city life off of Jefferson Street. Whether you are off to a business meeting, catching an airplane, or enjoying a lazy vacation day - the Cafe at the Pfister has something for everyone. So stop on in today, and let us show you the quality and service our reputation was built upon. Join us on the Lobby Level of Milwaukee’s only Preferred Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Pfister! reviews from OpenTable diners
- Consistently enjoy the CafeVMVAtlantaVIPDined on 12/28/2013Consistently enjoy the Cafe for breakfast or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLisaraeVIPDined on 12/22/2013While I never came across a restaurant that was outstanding 100% of the time! Cafe Pfister is very reliable in providing good food and service. The wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. Usually go for breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Had a good selection of soups, salads and sandwiches - all with just enough of a twist to make it their own. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!pss415Dined on 9/21/2013What an ideal spot for a pre-post-Riverwalk-stroll meal or snack! Salmon-spinach salad is perfection, as is the cheese soup. Oh--and the take-home dessert (signature cake) was a to-die-for-treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy Organic BreakfastHealthyEatingDined on 9/21/2013Reason for Visit: Wedding in Milwaukee and staying in the hotel. Price: Priced well for breakfast, especially with the quality of the food (organic). Overall Experience: Looking for healthy options on a weekend getaway was a pain, but Café Pfister was a great option for breakfast and I ate there on both mornings in the hotel. Being an organic food consumer, I was pleasantly surprised by the organic menu options. Recommendation: Organic egg white frittata, organic fruit smoothie, oatmeal... This is the place you should be eating breakfast if you need healthy/organic options in the morning and you are staying in/near the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love having breakfast at CafeVMVAtlantaVIPDined on 9/21/2013Love having breakfast at Cafe Pfister. The service by the staff is excellent. The food is good. The decor is pleasant. And, most importantly, it is a relaxing experience in my busy life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Pfister has been a familyDuke19371VIPDined on 8/30/2013Café Pfister has been a family favourite for decades especially for quiet breakfast meetings. This visit proved the point: I had asked for a booth, and it was ready on my arrival; our server was outstanding - polite, quick, and returning often with the coffee pot. Both our omelets were delicious. Finally, considering it is the premier hotel in Milwaukee, the cost is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013We stayed in the Hotel Pfister under the Bed & Breakfast package (which came with a breakfast for two in the Cafe Pfister). The prices felt a little high until the food came. I would say that you definitely get what you pay for. A $14 "Hungry Man" gives you three eggs, a meat choice (I had three perfectly cooked slices of bacon), a large portion of hashbrowns, two fluffy pancakes, and four slices of toast!! Add to that the fact that they serve Starbucks coffee (there's a full Starbucks station inside), and you have a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Pfister is a favoriteVMVAtlantaVIPDined on 6/25/2013Cafe Pfister is a favorite for breakfast. It is wonderful. Delicious food, pleasant decor, helpful service.Special Features:
- We went for Father's Day brunchJRPMDVIPDined on 6/16/2013We went for Father's Day brunch and it was very nice. Plenty of options to choose from and all reasonably priced. We loved the Eggs Benedict and the corned beef hash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2013Have never been to Cafe Pfister before, but now it will always be on my brunch list. Service and food was great!Special Features:
- Great LunchRobertDined on 5/14/2013We had a great lunch at the Pfister. The service was outstanding. There was a good selection of entrees for lunch. Try to get the Atrium seating. It is like being on the streets of Paris. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Always a great spot for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2013Always a great spot for brunch. Dined here numerous times and enjoyed every experience. Staff is accommodating, friendly, and prompt. Food is always hot and quick. Recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- We went back to the Cafe PfisterMangezDined on 12/25/2012We went back to the Cafe Pfister for Christmas breakfast because we enjoyed it so much last year. This year the food was not nearly as good. I had looked forward to Eggs Benedict, but found that the eggs were way over-cooked (as in almost hard-boiled) and there was barely any Hollandaise sauce on it. The hash browns had burned areas. Will go somewhere else next year.Special Features:
- We found Sunday brunch atTarheelborn1VIPDined on 12/23/2012We found Sunday brunch at the Cafe Pfister to be rather uninspired. The atmosphere was okay in the atrium where we ate but the restaurant looked a little dated and in need of some updating. Our food was okay but nothing special. It did not match the graduer of the hotel lobby and the lovely Christmas decorations in the lobby. If our expectations were not so high we might have been more impressed with brunch.Special Features:
- Cafe Pfister - solid biz lunch spotMKEpatronVIPDined on 10/30/2012Because of its hotel guests, Cafe Pfister offers a unique business lunch experience. The eclectic mix of people along with the historic decor provides for an interesting environment that my business acquaintances appreciate. Menu selection is well-matched to this vibe.
- Food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012Nice, reasonably priced, awesome coffee. We had breakfast for seven and everyone loved there food.Special Features:
- This time everything was justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012This time everything was just about perfect; on one earlier visit my breakfast was almost room temperaturem and had to be replaced, wasting time (though, to be fair, as I recall, some adjustment was made to our bill to acknowledge the problem). Apparently, based on my experience this time, that earlier problem was atypical. The only (minor) issue this time was the fact that my (white) toast was only slightly toasted, but no so badly that I felt an urge to have it toasted further. All in all, we were very pleased this time.Special Features:
- Pfister-Cakesjmrozell2Dined on 8/4/2012We moved to Chicago from Milwaukee about a year ago. To be honest the Pfister Hotel is the only reason we use to go back to Milwaukee. And the Pfister Cafe is a big reason. Best pancakes on the planet. We have aptly named them Pfister-cakes in the family. They are amazing. Plus if you add the cities best bloody mary.....enough said.Special Features:
- Great cafe in a Great hotelMandBVIPDined on 7/29/2012This is not a cafe in any hotel, it is in the best hotel in Milwaukee. When you enter, you are greeted by a colorful variety of pastries. Tables are well spaced. The al la carte brunch menu has so many wonderful choices, it is difficult to choose. Delightful meal!Special Features:
- The service was really slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2012The service was really slow. It took over 7 minutes for our drink order to be taken. Then another 15 minutes before our meal order was taken. Then over 30 minutes to get three salads! When the salads did come the greens were wilted and they didn't seem fresh (it could have been sitting for a while but I don't know that it is just what it seemed). Overall the timing was way too long (the table behind us sat down after us, got similar service) and due to timing got up and left 5 minutes after their food came.
- It's a good breakfast/lunchJRPMDVIPDined on 6/17/2012It's a good breakfast/lunch hotel dining room, not greatly different from similar facilities in other nice hotels in other major cities. The menu had many nice choices for brunch. I had a nice Eggs Benedict that was amped up with chorizo sausage. The Bloody Mary's were good and the amount of garnishment was over the top.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012We always enjoy our Sunday breakfast at the Pfister cafe.Special Features:
- I attended for Downtown DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012I attended for Downtown Dining Week. The soup and pizza were delish. Really fresh ingredients. The service was leisurely, so I would allot 1.5 hours for a lunch break.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2012Went for lunch with a girlfriend to catch up during Downtown Restaurant week. Food was wonderful. Service was exceptional. Great lunch spot.Special Features:
- Avery friendly place forpupusz01VIPDined on 5/13/2012Avery friendly place for breakfast or lunch. Casual. We arrived 1/2 hour and they were able to seat us.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchSandyVIPDined on 5/12/2012We enjoyed a delicious brunch. The Banana's Foster French Toast was yummy, but a bit thicker, less runny caramel sauce would have been better. Great service in a pleasant room.Special Features:
- One of our favorites. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2011One of our favorites. Great people and great food.
- We've traditionally celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2011We've traditionally celebrated our daughter's Christmas Eve Birthday here and love it every year!Special Features:
- great for for guests and locals!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Best Eggs Benedict I've had! Love coming here for breakfast. We came here with our kids and grandkids on Christmas Eve, and were so happy with the food, service and overall experience, we might make it a tradition! Kids were treated with little gifts, and e giant lobby tree made a nice place for family photos! Thanks for staring our holiday out so niceley!!
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011Really friendly. Lunch portions really sustantial - did not need dinner later in the day!Special Features:
- food was great. i loved thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2011food was great. i loved that i was given 3 different choices for dipping sauces for my french fries. they were all fantastic.Special Features:
- Busy Sunday morning. LongOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2011Busy Sunday morning. Long wait to have our order taken and be served. The waitress was nice however. Banana's foster french toast was good. The eggs benedict had just one, very thin slice of ham.
- The area to sit and use theDonaVIPDined on 8/4/2011The area to sit and use the laptop and have a coffee is great!
- This is a reliable resource:LisaraeVIPDined on 7/4/2011This is a reliable resource: you have visitors and want to start the day or end the visit with a good breakfast. The Cafe Pfister is always dependable. Easy to make reservations, consistently good food, nice atmosphere. Great!Special Features:
- We went to the Pfister forChristmasdinersDined on 5/8/2011We went to the Pfister for Mother's day brunch. I didn't want an overpriced buffet-style brunch, so the Cafe' was perfect and reasonably priced. 3 of us had breakfast and my son ordered off the lunch menu. Very attentive service. There is a coffee bar and a bakery counter inside the cafe' which would be great for a morning latte and fresh muffin, or cinnamon roll. In addition, the Pfister is lovely, so it was a treat to be there.Special Features:
- This renovation did some niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011This renovation did some nice things with the addition of the coffee bar and bakery area, but the rest of the spaces did not come along and still feel outdated. Food was decent but server a bit forgetful.Special Features:
- You will always return!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011The Cafe Phister provides a warm and friendly casual dining experience that we have come to enjoy over the past several years. The menu is selective but broad enough to ensure that anyone's personal taste will be satisfied. From the hostess to the wait staff one is made to feel important and provided with top notch service. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent food, moderate priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2011Very popular lunch location. Exceptional food flavors on the American cuisine menue. Incredible New England clam chowder. Plan ahead for groups larger than 4. Let your needs be known, all reasonable requests were accommodated for our group of 6.Special Features:
- Long our favorite breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011Long our favorite breakfast place. The ambiance, food, and service together make for an ideal breakfast spot; unhurried and uniformly excellent menu selections.