305 State Street
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepasta.com/
- Phone: 3362721308x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brian Dicey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Café Pasta + Grille offers a variety of catering options to fit your needs. We are able to customize a menu that best fits the occasion. Our affordable rates are based on the menu you create for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: To help make your event special, we offer free banquet rooms for any occasion. We believe that each event is special, and can tailor the menu to meet your budget or theme, regardless of size.
- Private Party Contact: Ray Essa 3363396900x
- Entertainment: Local live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings! We also host wine and beer tasting.
A word from Cafe Pasta
Café Pasta + Grille has provided affordable 4-star Italian cuisine for more than thirty years. We take pride in preparing delicious food with only the best ingredients. Also we can provide a FREE banquet room for your special event. Enjoy your visit to Café Pasta + Grille. -Buona Sera!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Love Cafe Pastafoodie123VIPDined on 8/7/2014We really had a nice time...the food was wonderful and there was entertainment and wine tasting...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experiencehappydinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great menu selection, excellent service, and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Cafe Pasta reviews archive.
- Good food, good priceJDelVeccDined on 5/3/2014I went there for a pre-prom dinner and the food was fantstic. There was live music and a great atmosphere. All that for a great price considering the quality of the food and the resturant.Special Features:
- Hidden gemBaboo2Dined on 4/19/2014Cafe Pasta was the toast of the town in the late 90's and then everyone forgot about it. I rediscovered it last year and the food is incredible. Ray does a great job making everyone feel like a regular even of its your first time. Go rediscover Cafe Pasta. You will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OverallSkiFamilyVIPDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant is in a good location along a street of small shops. Unfortunately, the area is empty on a Friday night so there is not an social vibe in the area. The building and decor is welcoming, the food just average. Our server was friendly but on a Friday night, the restaurant was empty.
- okyuckDined on 4/5/2014Over all shrimp scami was ok, I think it had too much h water tomatoes sauce, not enough garlic! The house salad was on a saucer cup, and just leaves. We felt rushed to or order and eat.
- Dining with girlfriendsBeachgirlDined on 2/28/2014This restaurant is a gem! Atmosphere is awesome, food delicious, service impeccable. We will be dining here again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda of NYC throwback. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2014Kinda of NYC throwback. Food was good and service likewise. Will consider going again if in the mood for Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Valentine's Eveningdwn2eatDined on 2/14/2014I heard about Cafe Pasta from a friend who told me the food was excellent. The online reviews gave me a good feeling about the place so I decided to take my fiance' there for a small quite valentine's dinner. We both loved the atmosphere and friendly service that we found that night. The food was excellent, especially the crab cakes! I would definitely recommend this place as a unknown gem and awesome place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed ValentineDisappointed1Dined on 2/14/2014Appetizer of crab cakes came out cold... it was obvious they were not fresh crab cakes but possibly frozen. Ordered a pasta dish (linguini rustica) and it was like I was eating a bowl of soup. Way too much water. The pasta was covered with tomatoes which made the dish look like a lot more but wasn't. Hardly any pasta at all. Ambience was awful...the music playing was like 60s and 70s rock or something...it was horrible. So much for a romantic dinner. Very dated decor and I even had a coupon they wouldnt take. Food is severly overpriced. And to top it all off, our waitress decided she was going to try and flirt with my husband and touched him. That's a big no-no in my book. I will never go to this place again.
- Nice PlaceBigguysaidDined on 2/14/2014Service and ambience were nice. Food was very good, but entrees were only warm to room temperature. Desserts were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneOcheletDined on 2/8/2014Scrumptious and plentiful portions. Welcoming to kids lovely all around. I'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerMMacDined on 1/25/2014Great food and great service. However the decor needs updating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of an odd placeLeafpeeper2dayVIPDined on 1/4/2014This was a very odd experience. We went here on a Sat night. They must do banquets more than regular diners. We were escorted to the upstairs "dining room." There were folding chairs and banquet-style tables. Calling this a dining room was quite a stretch. The food was good but the ambience was quite over shadowed by the party downstairs. The server was friendly and kept aplogizing for the situation. However, I would only go back for take-out. Any restaurant that puts a banquet over a diner does not need my business. If you define your"restaurant" as that, then don't' place your diners at an overflow location. Quite an experience.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Food was delicious. Setting was dated (we were upstairs). Waitress was eager to please, but unfamiliar with how to serve wine, and we had to work to keep her from rushing us (we wanted a leisurely dinner). But the food was fresh and good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is topsjt42goyanksDined on 12/31/2013Good menu with a chef that will tailor any dish to your liking. If you don't see what you want, ask and they will try to accomodate you. The owner is always around and available. The ricotta cheese cake is the best around. Only place in town that allows you to substitute spaghetti squash for any of the pasta's on the menu. Great ;for low carb Italian food. Atmosphere is neat, music in background is not too loud and is a nice mix of old and new. Hard not to like this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemGSOFoodieVIPDined on 10/30/2013I've been going to Cafe Pasta ever since a friend first took me there two years ago. I instantly loved it for its dark atmosphere and friendly staff, but more importantly, the food has been consistently outstanding. The menu or daily special is just the beginning: they always stress that you can have it your way--any dish cooked with more of this or that, hotter or milder, as you like it. For an appetizer or light dinner, definitely try the crab cakes. The spinach-artichoke dip with bread is nirvana, and for a main course, I highly recommend any of the salmon or risotto dishes, which are world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Veal Chop in NCRangelDined on 10/29/2013I heard they had a new chef, so ventured out. The specials were a veal chop with mashed potatoes and artichoke hearts, with a Bordeaux reduction and a duck breast with risotto and grilled veggies. I had the Veal and my wife had the Duck. Both were cooked to perfection and everything on the plate was wonderful. Service was great and we enjoyed a nice bottle of Decoy. For desert we split a piece of the most wonderful homemade cheesecake. I highly recommend this place to anyone. No wait, plenty of space and well staffed and best of all, we got out of there for almost half of what I would have expected to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.