24 Highland Park Village
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepacificdallas.com/
- Phone: 2145261170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Bill Trevino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Pacific is available for private events on Sunday evenings. During the week, semi-private dining is available for groups of up to twenty-six. Whether for business or a special occasion we will create a special menu to cater to your specific needs.
Please contact Mr. Thomas Regan, General Manager, or Mr. Vincent McGrath, Dining Room Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Thomas Regan 2145261170
A word from Cafe Pacific
An institution in Dallas dining for over 31 years, Cafe Pacific embodies sophistication while remaining decidedly unpretentious. Our friendly "neighborhood seafood restaurant" has garnered praise both locally and nationally for its casual elegance. You’ll dine in the warm glow of dark mahogany, rich marble, etched glass and polished brass. The walls are adorned with art from the owner's collection. Cafe Pacific is nestled in Highland Park Village, Dallas' premiere shopping locale, where pampering is the order of the day. From the complimentary valet parking to the outstanding service from our knowledgeable veteran staff, Cafe Pacific offers you sophistication without a hint of snobbery. Proper Dress Required (No T-Shirts, Shorts or Flip Flops.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Pacific - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Cafe Pacific reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (91)romantic (76)fit for foodies (62)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (40)hot spot (12)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect for Birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014I believe our waiter's name was Walter and he could not have done a better job. He was so attentive and professional. The food was outstanding. We had a party of three and all three of us ordered a different entree so we could try them all. I had the peppered steak, my daughter had the sea bass, and my husband had the scallops. Every dish was wonderful. They brought a complimentary fabulous desert for my daughter's birthday. We will certainly return to Cafe Pacific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Class!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Thank you Cafe Pacific for making my family brunch and birthday get together so wonderful. The food was exceptional: from the clam chowder to ceasar salad, to the dover sole (my favorite), crab louie, oysters rockerfeller, eggs benedict....and the best of all, the pecan roll (you have to get this!). Everything was prepared and served to perfection. The service was spot on. Any and every request was granted; even as we stayed after closing. Cafe Pacific can be summed up as sophisticated, fine dining that never disappoints.Special Features:
- Home RunGWCALADined on 8/24/2014So rare to find the perfect blend of excellent cuisine, ambiance and service. This gem is worth a visit, whether for lunch, brunch or dinner. You can converse -- without shouting to be heard above the din -- and enjoy a well-crafted meal and excellent wine list. I can't wait to return on my next trip to Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Brunch! Perfect Anytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful brunch this past Sunday at Cafe Pacific! Being from San Diego, we were intrigued by the name and had to give the restaurant a try. The experience was lovely from the start. The ambience was formal without feeling stuffy, the staff was very professional and the food was delicious. Fernando gave us amazing service. We will definitely make Cafe Pacific a regular stop when we are in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014We love this restaurant. The food, service and atmosphere is one of the best in the entire Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. It's no wonder it's been so popular for so many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchNite2dineDined on 8/23/2014Food wine excellent. Eggs florentine!!! Salmon and Dover sole all wonderful Service is always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rec1948rec1948Dined on 8/22/2014Simply one of the best seafood places with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Cafe PacificStetsonDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent - but otherwise romantic evening compromised by being seated at a small table almost inside the servers entrance to the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014After many years in Dallas we finally tried Cafe Pacific for a birthday lunch. I was so impressed with every aspect. Fernando took great care of us. We have already planned to come back in October for my birthday. I'm haunted by the sole and the pecan ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryNYCVisitorDined on 8/21/2014I know that this place keeps getting good reviews, but it must be because of old memories. The food is ordinary at best and certainly not worth waiting for. I guess the HP crowd likes it because it is so convenient, but there are such nicer places to go for good food.Special Features:
- Fine dining seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Have enjoyed dining here on special occasions. Best seafood in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dratzDined on 8/20/2014I arrived early for a business dinner. I was greeted romptly and served in the bar area. The bar was well stocked and the bartenders were knowledgable. The server honored our conversations and waited patiently for breaks to address us.Special Features:
- lwdineDined on 8/20/2014This a very pleasant place to relax and dine. One of the best places in Dallas for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Pacific - A ClassicReelDiningDined on 8/19/2014I'd been to Cafe Pacific before and returned with my daughters for Restaurant Week. The food and service were superb. Old school classics abound - food and clientele. The matchstick sweet potato fries were a welcome Amuse Bouche. Started off with Oysters Rockefeller and had my friend and I had Lemon Sole Almondine for our entree. All were excellent. My daughters had the steak - perfectly cooked. You can't leave without the classic Pecan Ball for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters Rockefeller!DoniusHCranberryDined on 8/18/2014Cafe Pacific had a great restaurant week menu. They oysters were great. The almond crusted sol was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Superb restaurant - three onion crusted Sea Bass by far the best that can be had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first visitjonboyDined on 8/16/2014first time at cafe pacific; great food, worth the price; service was a little slow but the place was absolutely packed. minor complaint but the temperature inside was cold, too cold even for a humid evening in TexasSpecial Features:
- Reliability plustheplace4usDined on 8/16/2014Consistently excellent food, very pleasant, sophisticated and quiet atmosphere. Plus, the wait staff is excellent, on a return visit, Olivia remembered what everyone at our table had to drink at our last visit; and provided the very best recommendations and service throughout our dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014It was a lovely evening. The meal, service and atmosphere were A-1! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We were new to Cafe Pacific.....GregSpenDined on 8/15/2014And will definately now go back. We hadn't had the opportunity to visit the restaurant and really weren't aware of the experience we were missing. From the moment we walked in the door until we left, the entire staff made us feel welcomed. Food is a seafood/steak menu filled with a variety of nice things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findAbilenedinerDined on 8/15/2014Great little neighborhood restaurant in Highland Village. All food was great and service was excellent overall. I did have one server a little over zealous to remove my sald plate before u was finished but overall it was great. Oyster Rockefellar, hangar steak, and sea bass were some of our items and they were all perfectly cooked and seasoned properly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDallasMomTravelsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cafe Pacific never disappoints! This is such a nice place for many occasions. The food is always great and the noise level low so you can enjoy your conversation with your companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Luncheon!DallasgalVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was very nice! Especially enjoyed the chance to try several dishes with the "half and half" offerings at lunchtime. We had a birthday celebration and the dessert treat was especially yummy. We were encouraged to learn that Cafe Pacific will remain right there for a time! Thanks for a very memorable event!Special Features:
- Great food and service!fr0gDined on 8/14/2014Participated in restaurant week and everything we tried was a hit minus the salmon. From the oysters and escargot, to the dover sole and hanger steak it was all well done. The amaretto cheesecake was a hit, but the sticky toffee cake was a little dry. Highly recommended, and there's always fun upscale shopping to be had in the highlands before or after you eat.Special Features:
- great experienceCandaceDined on 8/13/2014Normally we pick new places for Restaurant Week but we decided to try one that we had talked about for years but never tried. I am so glad we picked Cafe Pacific. We will definitely go back again for special occasions. Our waiter was wonderful. I wish we had tried it years ago so we could have been visiting all these years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014This was a very good opportunity to try this Gem. Being from Tarrant county it's not on our regular list but have been trying more Dallas locale's since our daughter will be living in the area as she attends SMU Law School.....this one will be worth another visit.Special Features:
- Long time seafood favoritegourmanDined on 8/11/2014Having dined there ever since it opened, I can assure you the food is perfection as is the service. Located in the heart of the Park Cities of Dallas, it is always busy... reservations highly suggested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjhill101Dined on 8/11/2014Café Pacific never disappoints. The food is always fantastic, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is perfect for lunch. Not too stuffy but very put together. I would recommend Café Pacific to all!Special Features:
- Always a most Enjoyable Meal!DallassheliaVIPDined on 8/11/2014I love this restaurant....old time elegance and service is awesome. Great food, reasonably priced wines and outstanding service. Mark was our server and he was so attentive and added much to the total experience. We celebrated a birthday there twice this month and they made us feel very special! Always a great experience!Special Features:
- Thanks for the Suggestionhrd2plsDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I came here during a house hunting trip to Dallas. Upon recommendation from our hotel Concierge we came to Cafe Pacific. The service was incredible, the wine list was both robust and affordable and thereof was delicious. I definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a romantic spot or for friends looking to have great food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014We found this place from a review online and made our reservations, very lovely dinner after the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchAmbienceIsKeyDined on 8/6/2014I absolutely love the ambience here for any time of day. The people-watching is great and I thoroughly enjoy the view from the window. Vincent greets you graciously and Sarah also does. My Eggs Florentine were just superb and all the accoutrements with the meal made it special. The service was the most attentive possible from all the staff and of course from Walter our waiter. The only thing that was not as good as I would have expected-the escargot were minuscule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnermuffetteDined on 8/2/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a dinner there with friends last weekend. They were very busy but the service never suffered for that. I have dietary restrictions and they were more than glad to accomodate me.Special Features:
- Very disappointingBentlyDined on 8/2/2014We arrived a little early and were seated in a back room facing the wall by ourselves even though the entire restaurant was almost empty at this time. I should of complained and asked to be reseated. We felt like step children put in the back room ! I was very unhappy. The food was overall good but the Caesar salad was nothing to be excited about. It was just some lettuce with store bought croutons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchtknoDined on 8/2/2014Great lunch. Water, Walter, provided a friendly spirit and helpfulness. Allowed by wife's daughter and two grandchildren to eat with us wearing softball uniform and thought it was very kind of them. Served a special something to celebrate wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Great againJimAVIPDined on 7/18/2014We eat there so often we feel like family and CP did not disappoint last Friday night. It truly is a great place to go for a nice pleasant dinner. Be sure to go to the bar and meet the bartenders- they are the greatest.Special Features:
- pleasant eveningrestaurantgoerDined on 7/16/2014loved the sweet potato fried strings.I liked the summer tomato salad but don't know if others would since I was surprised at the paucity of fresh tomato yet it was topped with sweet pickled rind, and the fried okra atop the salad were warm and crispy and good...definitely a unique salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sad it is closingRKSSVIPDined on 7/15/2014heard they were raising rents soo high at Highland Park Village that they would close at years end. A true loss.Special Features:
- excellent dining experienceMMMMVIPDined on 7/15/2014Reliable, professional service in a beautiful atmosphere with great food.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOrganicPastaDined on 7/12/2014If you are in the mood for delicious seafood, ambient atmosphere, and a charismatic staff, Cafe Pacific is a terrific restaurant to eat at. The entire staff from door to table were sociable, prompt, and made the evening special. We had cocktails at the bar which were perfectly made and the bartender was highly engaging with us. At dinner, we enjoyed our appetizers, salads, and main course of sea bass and shrimp dinners that melted in our mouths. Our waiter Ruben, was entertaining, informative, and took care of our every need. We ended the night with coffee and relaxed in the ambiance of the restaurant. My wife and I highly recommend Cafe Pacific for a wonderful evening.Special Features: