24 Highland Park Village
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepacificdallas.com/
- Phone: (214) 526-1170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Bill Trevino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Pacific is available for private events on Sunday evenings. During the week, semi-private dining is available for groups of up to twenty-six. Whether for business or a special occasion we will create a special menu to cater to your specific needs.
Please contact Mr. Thomas Regan, General Manager, or Mr. Vincent McGrath, Dining Room Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Thomas Regan 2145261170
A word from Cafe Pacific
An institution in Dallas dining for over 31 years, Cafe Pacific embodies sophistication while remaining decidedly unpretentious. Our friendly "neighborhood seafood restaurant" has garnered praise both locally and nationally for its casual elegance. You’ll dine in the warm glow of dark mahogany, rich marble, etched glass and polished brass. The walls are adorned with art from the owner's collection. Cafe Pacific is nestled in Highland Park Village, Dallas' premiere shopping locale, where pampering is the order of the day. From the complimentary valet parking to the outstanding service from our knowledgeable veteran staff, Cafe Pacific offers you sophistication without a hint of snobbery. Proper Dress Required (No T-Shirts, Shorts or Flip Flops.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Cafe Pacific - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Cafe Pacific reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)neighborhood gem (93)romantic (69)fit for foodies (65)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (33)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Pleasant dining experience.MMMMVIPDined on 11/16/2014Outstanding wait staff providing excellent customer service at all levels. Attention to detail is evident and the food and beverage service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this cafeDisappointedVIPDined on 11/14/2014We love this cafe, friendly faces, incrediblle food and very attentive staff. We go here everytime we are looking for a greeat night out for food and conversation.-114Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marymartiniDined on 11/14/2014Most accommodating to hold table due to a delayed flight. Service was superb without being fawning or too familiar. Food was delicious. Played to our 75th birthday boy. Lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Nightgirltalk1Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the service, the steak was soooooo tender. However, I must say I am now in love with their corn risotto!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On of my favoritesLandmanVIPDined on 11/7/2014Consistently one of the best place for lunch in Dallas.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningDallasDinerDined on 11/6/2014A fabulous fine-dining experience. Food, service, ambiance.....all were blended to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice for lunchsuzedalVIPDined on 11/6/2014I love the ambience-excellent service. I like the fact they allow half portions of salad for lunch. My "go to" place to take out-of-town company. Wonderful restaurant for fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds all ExpectationsDavidGTylerDined on 11/5/2014You'll never walk away with that empty feeling having just signed a credit card receipt and wondering why you even bothered, never. The meals and service will fill you with everything you were expecting and more. Never had anything but the best and what a delight.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTheDanburyDinnerDined on 11/4/2014Our favorite place for special occasions. Our favorite place for almost any other occasion, as well. The ambiance and service are exceptional. When you walk in the door, one knows they are somewhere very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CASSIEDined on 11/2/2014I HAVE BEEN DINING AT CAFE PACIFIC FOR YEARS. THE SERVICE IS IMPECCABLE. THE FOOD IS ALWAYS DELICIOUS. IT IS A WONDERFUL RESTAUARANT FOR HIGHLAND PARK, TX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingAbilenedinerDined on 10/31/2014Wonderful experience. My wife and I were going to arrive well ahead of our reservation with plans to with plans to wait in the bar until a table became available. Upon arrival the host sat us immediately and did the best he could to give us a more intimate setting. His efforts were appreciated. The food was excellent. We had Oysters Rockefeller, wedge salads, an 8 oz filet and gulf snapper. All were perfect. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazinglooking4thebestDined on 10/25/2014Visiting Dallas, a true find, amazing food, great staff and romantic atmosphere. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, old style place.littlebossDined on 10/24/2014The fish there is fresh and splendidly cooked. The service is very good. The atmosphere is of 50 years ago, well done, elegant - a wonderful step back in time: trendy, this place is not.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceSophisticatedPalateVIPDined on 10/21/2014Was disappointed in my recent trip to Cafe Pacific. Arrived promptly for an early dinner reservation for 2, and was seated at the most awkward table in the house, shoved so close to a bend in the wall that I could barely seat myself. No assistance from the waitstaff was offered. Our waiter seemed inpatient from the start. Drinks and appetizers were delivered, then we were rushed through an explanation that there were no specials on the menu. Prominent citizens were seated nearby after us, monopolizing our waiter. The food was good as usual, but poor service should never be acceptable. Stanley Marcus always said, all clients should be equally treated well. We were not; our waiter was curt and inattentive once the big spender arrived.Special Features:
- Cafe Pacific remains wonderfulJimAVIPDined on 10/17/2014Normall we go to CP for dinner but last Friday we went for lunch. It was great. From the friendly bartender David to the wait staff to David the host it was a very pleasnat occasion. And the food was wonderful- well prepared, fresh and served when hot. Try the blackened redfish sandwich! Delicious! We hardly go anywhere else any more as we love it at CP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress your friendsSailor10VIPDined on 10/9/2014The evening was great and our friends who are from New Orleans and food snobs were incredibly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to perfectredsetgo38Dined on 10/9/2014I have gone to this restaurant for many years and countless times and it is the ONLY restaurant that has been and IS totally consistent with EVERYTHING the food the service celebrating if/when you need them to be there for those occasions..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic in Highland ParkDalMomDined on 10/9/2014Going to Cafe Pacific is more like tradition. You know you'll get fine food, wine and champagne with amazing service. Don't leave without sharing a pecan ball!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKwhdineDined on 10/4/2014While visiting my son in Dallas, he requested Cafe Pacific because he wanted seafood. Neither of us had been there before. The atmosphere was lively but not loud, Upscale but not pretentious. The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding, relaxed and very friendly. We will definitely come back on my next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little TiredOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/3/2014Fried shrimp....one of the most expensive items on the menu at $32. I had to send mine back...over cooked and too salty. Second order was cooked better but these very large shrimp were tuff and tasteless My husband had the redfish and it was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We dined for a special occasion and had a lovely experience. The service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- TinangelDined on 9/30/2014Fabulous food combined with perfect service. Can't top that! Try the onion crusted sea bass. Key lime tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfect!jinglesDined on 9/30/2014Again...our evening was just perfect! Our waiter, Peter, was a delight and of course, the meal was exceptional. From our cocktails prepared with precision to our decant dessert, it was a totally wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014Amazing food, ambiance and service. Couldn't have asked for a nicer evening. This is my 80 year old mother's favorite restaurant in all of Dallas and her birthday dinner was all we had hoped for.Special Features:
- Outstanding!CEC50Dined on 9/28/2014in a city that has more restaurants per capita than New York City; Cafe Pacific remains far above other recognized restaurants. All aspects of my visit, from the location, ambiance and the wonderful staff were superb. The food was beyond the best and even better than the last visit. A very pleasant surprise dessert was the deep smooth liquid dark chocolate; it is a house made blend that conveys unique quality. The Sole Almondine was perfect; my only comment is that it was too much for one serving. My overall recommendation is simply, the best!Special Features:
- oustanding restaurantMMMMVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is a memorable dining experience with professional waiters and chef. Always accommodating.Special Features:
- Great Ambience!DeboDined on 9/26/2014I accidentally found this restaurant while staying in Dallas for a wedding. I did a little research and decided to celebrate out anniversary here at Cafe Pacific and it turned out to be a great choice! The food was fresh, tasty, and the service was top notch! I will definitely recommend this restaurant if you want a romantic, great ambiance, and a nice wine selection. The food is a tad expensive but worth it. If I could, I would eat there almost every day. Oh, don't forget the desert. We had the cheese cake and it was rich, decadent, and tasty. I will definitely stop by this restaurant when I'm back in Dallas, TX!Special Features:
- Still wonderful for celebrationsBillVIPDined on 9/24/2014We've loved Cafe Pacific for years. Ambiance, service, quiet friendly bar scene - all great. Unfortunately the expensive food, once among the best in town, is not so great any more. We had two fish dishes - sole and redfish - and both were less than stellar. We'd had redfish recently at Toulouse, for instance, which was FAR better and less expensive. But you can't beat Cafe Pacific for celebrating an occasion or just enjoying a drink after a busy day. It's a beautiful, quiet, romantic spot and we'll always be in attendance!Special Features:
- Birthday GiftsweettreatDined on 9/20/2014Dining at Cafe Pacific was a lovely birthday gift from my daughter and son-in-law. The food was delicious and the service attentive. The surprise dessert was almost too pretty to eat. Yummy!Special Features:
- Healthyeater65Healthyeater65Dined on 9/19/2014Such good service! Terrific food and ambiance. If I closed my eyes, I'd think I was in San Francisco.Special Features:
- The bestExcellentDined on 9/13/2014Food, service, and ambiance was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationJadiegirlDined on 9/11/2014Celebrated a birthday lunch there. Service was the best and our waiter was very attentive. Food was fabulous - great recommendation from our waiter. Will certainly return soon.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014As usual, everything about dining at Cafe Pacific was excellent. Great food and wonderful service in a charming setting.Special Features:
- Nicely done!Holbigmac1Dined on 9/8/2014Friendly and engaged staff. Service was what you would expect from a notable restaurant. Food was excellent and the extras provided by the wait staff were a nice touch! The waiter, not exactly sure of his title, was knowledgeable on wine. I would definitely go back and try other items on the menu. The Cerviche was exceptional. I liked the availability of half bottles of wine!Special Features:
- One of our favorites.NickieDined on 9/7/2014We live near Cafe Pacific and often just walk there. Vincent at the door is always inviting. The seafood is fresh as is the oriental chicken salad which they will do for lunch or dinner. The meal starts with crispy sweet potatoe strings plus a small vegetable plate. Really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceMMMMVIPDined on 9/7/2014Thank you for the always dependable service an outstanding food. We appreciate the attention provided by the staff.Special Features:
- The best!Cbc2uDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointing. Consistently good! Try their 1/2 and 1/2 for lunch! Outstanding!Special Features:
- 33 years of consistent excellanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We have been dining at Café Pacific since 1981. It has always been one of our favorite restaurants. The food and service has been consistently perfect every time. It is pricey but is the go to place for special occasions or special treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014I believe our waiter's name was Walter and he could not have done a better job. He was so attentive and professional. The food was outstanding. We had a party of three and all three of us ordered a different entree so we could try them all. I had the peppered steak, my daughter had the sea bass, and my husband had the scallops. Every dish was wonderful. They brought a complimentary fabulous desert for my daughter's birthday. We will certainly return to Cafe Pacific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Class!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Thank you Cafe Pacific for making my family brunch and birthday get together so wonderful. The food was exceptional: from the clam chowder to ceasar salad, to the dover sole (my favorite), crab louie, oysters rockerfeller, eggs benedict....and the best of all, the pecan roll (you have to get this!). Everything was prepared and served to perfection. The service was spot on. Any and every request was granted; even as we stayed after closing. Cafe Pacific can be summed up as sophisticated, fine dining that never disappoints.Special Features: