24 Highland Park Village
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepacificdallas.com/
- Phone: 2145261170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Bill Trevino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Pacific is available for private events on Sunday evenings. During the week, semi-private dining is available for groups of up to twenty-six. Whether for business or a special occasion we will create a special menu to cater to your specific needs.
Please contact Mr. Thomas Regan, General Manager, or Mr. Vincent McGrath, Dining Room Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Thomas Regan 2145261170
A word from Cafe Pacific
An institution in Dallas dining for over 31 years, Cafe Pacific embodies sophistication while remaining decidedly unpretentious. Our friendly "neighborhood seafood restaurant" has garnered praise both locally and nationally for its casual elegance. You’ll dine in the warm glow of dark mahogany, rich marble, etched glass and polished brass. The walls are adorned with art from the owner's collection. Cafe Pacific is nestled in Highland Park Village, Dallas' premiere shopping locale, where pampering is the order of the day. From the complimentary valet parking to the outstanding service from our knowledgeable veteran staff, Cafe Pacific offers you sophistication without a hint of snobbery. Proper Dress Required (No T-Shirts, Shorts or Flip Flops.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe Pacific - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Cafe Pacific reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)neighborhood gem (77)romantic (59)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (44)great for brunch (36)notable wine list (25)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Oysters Rockefeller!DoniusHCranberryDined on 8/18/2014Cafe Pacific had a great restaurant week menu. They oysters were great. The almond crusted sol was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Superb restaurant - three onion crusted Sea Bass by far the best that can be had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliability plusOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Consistently excellent food, very pleasant, sophisticated and quiet atmosphere. Plus, the wait staff is excellent, on a return visit, Olivia remembered what everyone at our table had to drink at our last visit; and provided the very best recommendations and service throughout our dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014It was a lovely evening. The meal, service and atmosphere were A-1! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good findAbilenedinerDined on 8/15/2014Great little neighborhood restaurant in Highland Village. All food was great and service was excellent overall. I did have one server a little over zealous to remove my sald plate before u was finished but overall it was great. Oyster Rockefellar, hangar steak, and sea bass were some of our items and they were all perfectly cooked and seasoned properly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatDallasMomTravelsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cafe Pacific never disappoints! This is such a nice place for many occasions. The food is always great and the noise level low so you can enjoy your conversation with your companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Luncheon!DallasgalVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was very nice! Especially enjoyed the chance to try several dishes with the "half and half" offerings at lunchtime. We had a birthday celebration and the dessert treat was especially yummy. We were encouraged to learn that Cafe Pacific will remain right there for a time! Thanks for a very memorable event!Special Features:
- Great food and service!fr0gDined on 8/14/2014Participated in restaurant week and everything we tried was a hit minus the salmon. From the oysters and escargot, to the dover sole and hanger steak it was all well done. The amaretto cheesecake was a hit, but the sticky toffee cake was a little dry. Highly recommended, and there's always fun upscale shopping to be had in the highlands before or after you eat.Special Features:
- great experienceCandaceDined on 8/13/2014Normally we pick new places for Restaurant Week but we decided to try one that we had talked about for years but never tried. I am so glad we picked Cafe Pacific. We will definitely go back again for special occasions. Our waiter was wonderful. I wish we had tried it years ago so we could have been visiting all these years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014This was a very good opportunity to try this Gem. Being from Tarrant county it's not on our regular list but have been trying more Dallas locale's since our daughter will be living in the area as she attends SMU Law School.....this one will be worth another visit.Special Features:
- Long time seafood favoritegourmanDined on 8/11/2014Having dined there ever since it opened, I can assure you the food is perfection as is the service. Located in the heart of the Park Cities of Dallas, it is always busy... reservations highly suggested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjhill101Dined on 8/11/2014Café Pacific never disappoints. The food is always fantastic, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is perfect for lunch. Not too stuffy but very put together. I would recommend Café Pacific to all!Special Features:
- Always a most Enjoyable Meal!DallassheliaVIPDined on 8/11/2014I love this restaurant....old time elegance and service is awesome. Great food, reasonably priced wines and outstanding service. Mark was our server and he was so attentive and added much to the total experience. We celebrated a birthday there twice this month and they made us feel very special! Always a great experience!Special Features:
- Thanks for the Suggestionhrd2plsDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I came here during a house hunting trip to Dallas. Upon recommendation from our hotel Concierge we came to Cafe Pacific. The service was incredible, the wine list was both robust and affordable and thereof was delicious. I definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a romantic spot or for friends looking to have great food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchAmbienceIsKeyDined on 8/6/2014I absolutely love the ambience here for any time of day. The people-watching is great and I thoroughly enjoy the view from the window. Vincent greets you graciously and Sarah also does. My Eggs Florentine were just superb and all the accoutrements with the meal made it special. The service was the most attentive possible from all the staff and of course from Walter our waiter. The only thing that was not as good as I would have expected-the escargot were minuscule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnermuffetteDined on 8/2/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a dinner there with friends last weekend. They were very busy but the service never suffered for that. I have dietary restrictions and they were more than glad to accomodate me.Special Features:
- Very disappointingBentlyDined on 8/2/2014We arrived a little early and were seated in a back room facing the wall by ourselves even though the entire restaurant was almost empty at this time. I should of complained and asked to be reseated. We felt like step children put in the back room ! I was very unhappy. The food was overall good but the Caesar salad was nothing to be excited about. It was just some lettuce with store bought croutons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchtknoDined on 8/2/2014Great lunch. Water, Walter, provided a friendly spirit and helpfulness. Allowed by wife's daughter and two grandchildren to eat with us wearing softball uniform and thought it was very kind of them. Served a special something to celebrate wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Great againJimAVIPDined on 7/18/2014We eat there so often we feel like family and CP did not disappoint last Friday night. It truly is a great place to go for a nice pleasant dinner. Be sure to go to the bar and meet the bartenders- they are the greatest.Special Features:
- pleasant eveningrestaurantgoerDined on 7/16/2014loved the sweet potato fried strings.I liked the summer tomato salad but don't know if others would since I was surprised at the paucity of fresh tomato yet it was topped with sweet pickled rind, and the fried okra atop the salad were warm and crispy and good...definitely a unique salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sad it is closingRKSSVIPDined on 7/15/2014heard they were raising rents soo high at Highland Park Village that they would close at years end. A true loss.Special Features:
- excellent dining experienceMMMMVIPDined on 7/15/2014Reliable, professional service in a beautiful atmosphere with great food.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOrganicPastaDined on 7/12/2014If you are in the mood for delicious seafood, ambient atmosphere, and a charismatic staff, Cafe Pacific is a terrific restaurant to eat at. The entire staff from door to table were sociable, prompt, and made the evening special. We had cocktails at the bar which were perfectly made and the bartender was highly engaging with us. At dinner, we enjoyed our appetizers, salads, and main course of sea bass and shrimp dinners that melted in our mouths. Our waiter Ruben, was entertaining, informative, and took care of our every need. We ended the night with coffee and relaxed in the ambiance of the restaurant. My wife and I highly recommend Cafe Pacific for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Good but.....PlanoBobVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our first time. It was good and i would recommend but it was not what I thought it was going to be. It's definitely an older crowd feel and clearly a neighborhood haunt (lot of folks knew each other). Again, we enjoyed but we just thought it was going to be something different.I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanDined on 7/12/2014Great food and great ambience. Its a gem -- our favorite restaurant in the Dallas area, which never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetzDined on 7/12/2014Service very slow. Location of table left lot to be desiredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 7/6/2014We enjoyed having lunch and celebrating our anniversary at the same place as we shared some twenty four years ago. Do you remember what movie was playing across the street?. It was Pretty Woman, and I had lunch with my pretty woman and the marriage worked, maybe it was the food. Thanks again, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2014This continues to be one of Dallas' finest restaurants and the seafood selections are unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treating yourself for a mealsleeperDined on 7/1/2014We have always reserved Cafe Pacific for a place to celebrate an event with an elegant meal in lovely surroundings. The quality of the food, the measured attention of the wait staff, and the lovely ambiance of the restaurant make it a diamond in a city that thrives on noisy, flashy dining places. Whether you are there for a business conversation or to stare into your loved one's eyes, you can feel alone in the midst of many other guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMeatloafVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food is very good. The sweet potatoe straws really make it for me and those are automatically placed on the table! What we really enjoy is the atmosphere. The bar scene is fun and the bartenders are the same year after year. That says something in and of itself. Beautiful atmosphere. I disagree with some of the reviews talking about all of the grey hairs that dine here. Yes, there are many older people, but it is an institution for them and should be for any of us. It is great food and a beautiful place.Special Features:
- excellent dining experienceMMMMVIPDined on 6/25/2014Outstanding wait staff and food. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy placeBigRichDined on 6/18/2014Good place to celebrate or acknowledge special relationships. Classy setting with super service and wide range of foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ratedClassyFoodDined on 6/17/2014Excellent food. Wait staff is superior. Attention given to detail.Special Features:
- Dinning outRecommendedDined on 6/14/2014Cafe Pacific has a sea bass with risotto that is just to die for. It was recommended to us for our special occasion dinner and it did not disappoint! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Still FantasticttownDined on 6/13/2014It had been years since my last visit and it was as good as I remembered. Great service and even paid attention to my special request when booking the reservation for a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dallas introductionMU2015foodieDined on 6/13/2014This is one of the first restaurants we visited when relocating to Dallas. It was wonderful experience and will be a staple in our dining out repertoire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTVALLEYMANDined on 6/12/2014WE HAVE BEEN PATRONS FOR MANY YEARS WHILE RESIDENTS OF DALLAS AND NOW AS RESIDENTS OF AUSTIN. WE ALWAYS MAKE TIME FOR CAFE PACIFIC WHEN WE RETURN TO DALLAS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an elegant choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014A touch of Europe in HP Village! A lovely place for a beautiful lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypeBshae342Dined on 6/8/2014Simply put Cafe Pacific is a great restaurant with excellent food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2014This is an outstanding restaurant that has withstood the test of time. The food is always fresh, delicious, and service comfortably attentive. We have been dining here off-and-on for 30 years, and every visit is marked by the same excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.