Café on the Green
100 Aunt Hack Road
Danbury, CT 06811Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Café on the Green
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafeonthegreenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2037910369
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tracey Kydes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Tracey Kydes for details from a private dinner for two to a grand reception of 200 all privately catered to your specific tailored menu. http://www.cafeonthegreenrestaurant.com/private-parties/
- Private Party Facilities: Accommodates 12 to 200 guests, we create custom designed menus for all events of all budgets, making each event very special and unique. Our delicious, quality food and professional, experienced service ensures that every guest has an amazing time.
- Private Party Contact: Luis Lopez 2037910369
- Entertainment: Every Friday and Saturday night we have live guitar, or piano playing for the restaurant.
- Special Events: Please go to our website to find out the latest holiday, and special event menus.
A word from Café on the Green
An easy to reach hidden treasure. The upscale decor and table settings along with attentive and gracious service are enhanced by the sweeping views provided by huge active windows that encompass three sides of the restaurant. All of this is surpassed by Authentic Italian Cuisine delicately prepared with the freshest local ingredients. Zagat Rated Excellent 2013, Zagat's top 1000 Italian restaurants in US. Wine Spectators Award of Excellence 2013. We promise dining out will be unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Café on the Green - Best Restaurants in Danbury ›
Café on the Green reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)special occasion (30)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Incredible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Very nice dining experience. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the 18th hole in styleCechingupDined on 8/18/2014Food is a "10" We had the pulled duck over pasta and the seafood plate. Could not be any better, particularly the duck. We always go out of our way to stop at Cafe on the Green and we are never disappointed. It is the perfect combination of casual and formal...you can dress either way and feel comfortableSpecial Features:
- Always a nice place to goWnb8Dined on 8/7/2014We always like meeting here to catch up. The noise level is low and they let you linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Cafe On The Green remains the best dining experience in the area. No other restaurant in the region combines ambiance, service, and fine cuisine (not to mention a great wine list) in as superb a fashion.Special Features:
- Lovely afternoonLucyDined on 8/2/2014The wait staff was attentive. Home made pasta was delicious. We ate lunch on the balcony, overlooking the golf course, and it was very quiet. Good place for old friends to meet and talk all afternoon. Loved the mango martinis, too.Special Features:
- Great NightlatedinersDined on 8/1/2014We wanted a nice Friday night seafood dinner. We were able to have two great appetizers, grilled shrimp and lobster ravioli, followed by two seafood specials, salmon and lobster pasta. What a great night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Veal with lobster, lovely colorful vegetables, mashed potatoes, mixed salad were all tasty, excellent. Very interesting varied menu. Our service was quite attentive and pleasant without being over-bearing. The setting is beautiful, overlooking the golf course although only one in party is a golfer. We don't live near by but chose it because one in our party being honored lives nearby. It was wonderful to be able to hear one another in conversation without having to ask twice for them to repeat themselves, something that happens often when we go out to dinner. We look forward to our next visit there; we could eat our way through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe on the GreenJJRJHDined on 7/21/2014Nearby, and a favorite spot when desiring a location and experience above average. Of course, these things are reflected in the menu prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Afternoon!PapagheeDined on 7/21/2014Enjoyable afternoon for lunch with friends,7/21! We sat outside......nice golf course setting! Lunch was very good & the staff is very nice & helpful! We were not rushed at all! We had dinner there the week before & that was very good as well! A little pricey but we are worth it!!! We will return..........Special Features:
- Brithday celebrations.bobbieDined on 7/17/2014The three of us always celebrate at this restaurant and are NEVER disappointed.Special Features:
- Dinner for 3BobandSallyDined on 7/16/2014Our daughter was visiting from NJ and suggested dinner at Cafe on the Green, which was her favorite when she lived in CT. Had dinner on deck overlooking 10th tee and fairway. Outstanding meal, service, and scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsSparklesDined on 7/15/2014We always celebrate our special occasions at Cafe on the Green. Even if we have to invent a special occasion! The service is always fantastic and the food is divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinner spotstevegDined on 6/21/2014We were surprised to find the restaurant to be as good as it was being a golf course location. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Consistantly ExcellentbumpandrunDined on 6/21/2014Once again Café on the Green put out a fantastic dinner from start to finish. Pleasantly greeted at the door, spectacular service, food & wine. Atmosphere is outstanding. A definite must visit.Special Features:
- Brilliant!ChefDonaldDined on 6/21/2014Simply put, this is a gem within Danbury. The experience, from the moment we walked in and up until the moment we left, was memorable and executed expertly. I was looking for mistakes, and couldn't find any. The food was exceptional and the service was flawless. FLAWLESS. I cannot recommend this restaurant high enough, seriously. We ended up paying 120 dollars and left extremely satisfied, with some leftovers in tow! Just go there. Just go. You'll thank me later.Special Features:
- tomaDined on 6/14/2014excellent all around. food was outstanding and i especially liked that they took their time between courses. never felt rushed. the bananas foster is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful if not rainingAshlieDined on 6/13/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go to cafe on the green do to it's awesome reviews. I was scared that it wouldn't live up to it but it did. The service was amazing. The servers were very friendly and always around. They weren't overbearing but there when you needed something. Plating was nice and very unexpected. My boyfriend got the eggplant pram which he very much enjoyed. He said it was very light. It was okay for me. Maybe because he put pepper on it. I however got penne a la vodka which was very good. Overall very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localtodineDined on 6/13/2014Great service and food. Beautiful scenery. Quiet atmosphere. Hidden gem in DanburySpecial Features:
- Neighborhood Gem, if you can findJoesDinerVIPDined on 6/11/2014You need a GPS to find but worth it. White table cloths,informal atmosphere, excellent menu, reasonable wine list and daily specials. Professional staff. Pleasant view of the golf course. Had red snapper (one of the specials) fresh & beautifully presented. Would not hesitate to entertain business associates or family here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavekDined on 6/5/2014As usual the Café did an outstanding job. Our table was at a window overlooking the 10th hole of one of Connecticut's better golf courses. The food (again as usual) was outstanding.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2014Everthing was very good. We're older - in our 60s - and found the music to be too loud and they kindly turned it down for us.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Went for dinner on Mother's Day. They had a price fixed menu. Choices were excellent. Food, as always, was very good. And on a spring day the golf course is a wonderful backdrop to dinner. We go here often and we are always treated royally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day with my men!kathycDined on 5/11/2014Whatever you expect for fine dining, you get that and more!Special Features:
- Great food, too loudshhhDined on 5/10/2014Perhaps it was a saturday night with Mothers day the next day, but it was really loud and service was lacking. We have been to the cafe in the past when the noise was considerably quite lower. The food was great. We will give it another try.Special Features:
- The following 392 reviews are from the Café on the Green reviews archive.
- Cafe on the Green a Great DiscoveryAllAboutItDined on 4/27/2014Unusually located withina golf course, café on the Green,is a great discovery. The food was surprisingly good, the view lovely, and the waiter attentive. We especially loved how quiet it was...we could easily hear one another speak....a rarity in most restaurants these days.Special Features:
- Never disappointedHappyDinerDined on 4/13/2014Cafe on the Green is the spot we go to for special occasions and the last minute decision to go out. The food is great and they have great selection of wines. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/7/2014Service was great. Noise level perfect to carry on conversations between 4 people. The specials, whether they are steak of fish, never disappoint. When weather co operates the view of the sunsets on the golf course are special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantMurphcatDined on 3/29/20142nd visit was just as good as the first time we visited. Excellent menu with a variety of choices to cater to each and everyone's palette. Service was spot on. And loved the fact that they don't rush your dining experience which is great for conversation with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, tasty entreesNFdinerDined on 3/19/2014Each entrée served was very tasty. Appetizers were good also. Our servers were very attentive without being overbearing. All in all, we experienced a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!LOVEDININGDined on 2/28/2014If you like Northern Italian food.....Cafe On The Green is the place! Food, service and ambience are OUTSTANDING! And the prices are very reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntreesKarlaDined on 2/28/2014My friend and I both had the eggplant parmagiana. The sauce was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!!RVBethelDined on 2/15/2014Service was spot on... The Veal with Lobster Meat (Paradiso) was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant always looks lovely and inviting. Unfortunately they tend to overbook on holidays and the service and food suffer. Our meal was pleasant but not great and the service was slow and erratic. Not up to their usual standard.Special Features:
- Worth the tripFoodrocksDined on 1/23/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with a beautiful winter view of the golf course. I go there as often as I can for lunch and it feels like I am away on vacation. Great fresh food, service is friendly and attentive. I love the grilled shrimp and goat cheese salad: the red snapper is also amazing. My friend recommends the eggplant parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!AlexanderDined on 1/11/2014If you haven't been there yet, you should book a table soon and enjoy the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!PoughkeepsieDined on 1/10/2014Delicious food. Wonderful staff. Been coming for 15 years always exceptional. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant surprise!Table4TwoDined on 1/1/2014We wanted to try somewhere different for the New Year. Good choice! We will definitely go again. Food service and atmosphere Fab Salad included (rare these days) nice touch Only hitch they need to get skim milk for my after dinner Latte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013Café on the Green is always consistent...great meal and a great atmosphere! Nice DinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is outstandingRickDined on 12/31/2013Restaurant is outstanding in every way. Wine list is best in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Previous visits were betterWoodyDined on 12/31/2013This has always been a very good restaurant, with top notch entrees . This time the New Years Eve fixed price venue was not worth the money with a couple of drinks and tip, My rack of lamb was undercooked, though medium was requested.Special Features: