Cafe on the Green at the Four Seasons Dallas
4150 North MacArthur Blvd
Irving, TX 75038Neighborhood:
Las Colinas / Irving
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe on the Green at the Four Seasons Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/dallas/dining/restaurants/cafe_on_the_green/
- Phone: 9727172420x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Sat: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
*Afternoon Tea 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
*Minimum four guests. Not available on holidays. Reservation required 24 hours in advance. Please call restaurant for reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Christof Syre
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wine Room
Located just off the Show Kitchen, the Wine Room is a warm and casually sophisticated room with glass entry doors that open to a long table set for 16. Two sides of the room are floor to ceiling glass walls from which guests can view the Café’s award-winning wine bottle selections. The dark wood dining table and club style chairs compliment the sideboard and framed mirror accents pieces. A dramatic custom-designed chandelier hangs centered over the table and offers adjustable ambient lighting.
Located just off the main entry of Café on the Green, this room offers modern sophistication with its high ceilings, floor length framed mirror and dark hardwood dining table that accommodates up to 16 guests. The walls feature small arched recesses where a variety of wine decanters are displayed. One wall is floor to ceiling frosted glass, framed in bamboo squares and offering beautiful natural light during the day and striking design at night.
- Private Party Contact: Katy Taylor 9727172451x
- Entertainment: Local Live entertainment featured weekly during Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: Please note that a credit card may be required to reserve on Holidays and Special occasions including: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, Easter and Mother's Day.
- Cross Street: Byron Nelson Way
- Public Transit: Taxi service is available at the Four Seasons for Café patrons.Limousine service is available through the Four Seasons Concierge desk. Public Transit stops are not recommended due to walking distance exceeding ½ mile.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Parking is available for Café patrons. Self park is also available.
A word from Cafe on the Green at the Four Seasons Dallas
Considered one of Dallas’ leading restaurants serving the finest American cuisine and steaks, Cafe on the Green is the main restaurant at the award-winning Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas. The warmly sophisticated restaurant overlooks the lush resort grounds and resort swimming pool. It offers an array of seating preferences from intimate tables for two to private dining rooms for up to 20. Executive Chef Christof Syre and Chef de Cuisine Jonathan Rivera are big personalities at the restaurant and each of them has influenced the menu that features the freshest local produce, seafoods and steaks. Desserts are the creation of Four Seasons’ renowned Executive Pastry Chef Randy Gehman. The Café is ideal for romantic dinners, celebrations or casual dining with friends. An important note is that Master Sommelier James Tidwell is often available during dinner to personally talk to guests and consult on their wines selections. Recently rated a Forbes Four Star.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cafe on the Green at the Four Seasons Dallas - Best Restaurants in Las Colinas / Irving ›
Cafe on the Green at the Four Seasons Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)great for brunch (18)romantic (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Romantic getawayoutandaboutDined on 9/13/2014Café on the Green was a delight. From the moment you walk into this lovely restaurant, you know you are someplace special. An attentive and smiling staff greet you and seat you. The wine list is excellent and recommendations are gladly given. Excellent, beautifully prepared dishes are presented with elegance and style. We saw groups there enjoying themselves greatly. We stayed at the Four Seasons for a little weekend romantic getaway. The Café on the Green was perfect for us. I don't know how we could have made it any better. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014We had reservations but stood at check in for close to 10 minutes before anyone appeared to greet us. We were celebrating my birthday which we mentioned when we made reservation and nobody took note of that. A simple birthday wish would have sufficed from server but nothing was mentioned about it. Food was ok, not great or anything special. Server placed our check on the table when we were still eating and only halfway through brunch. Then as we were getting up from the table the server opened the check to see if we left an additonal tip on top of the already included gratuity. So rude to do that.Special Features:
- Always Lovely!txngirlDined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely dining experience at Cafe on the Green - The Four Seasons never fails to impress me. Very attentive and considerate wait staff. This was a special occasion (50th Birthday Party) and I was hoping for a lovely piece of cake for my guest. Instead - we received a small plate of handmade chocolates and cookies. Very nice! I ordered the Ahi Tuna and it was grilled to absolute perfection. My guest ordered the Halibut and it was amazing!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantBryanDined on 8/18/2014I've been to Cafe on the Green a few times now and I have never been disappointed. The service is always great and they do a great job of monitoring the pace and it never feels rushed. I would not hesitate recommending Cafe on the Green to friends, colleagues or anyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was enjoyableQGuruDined on 7/9/2014The service was excellent. The one thing you need to have in Texas is sweet tea. Our waiter (who was excellent), empowered himself, got creative and found some sweet syrup and added it to my iced tea. It was excellent. In the orient hotels such as the oriental in Bangkok, the JW in Shanghai, the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, the Shangri-La in Hong Kong and the Oberoi in Mumbai all have "gum syrup" which they offer with their iced tea. That way the guest doesn't have to spend 15 minutes stirring and clinking their spoon to get the sugar to dissolve. I know its a small thing, but that's what separates the good hotels from the great hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe on the Green not on greenteegieDined on 7/6/2014I had not been here in a while but because they have a fantastic sommelier, I decided I wanted to go for brunch. The hotel has gone through several owners but this once elegant hotel needs up updating and vibrancy. It seems tired and so does the dining room. Desserts are outstanding. I am a concierge and try to keep up with the area restaurant changesSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014The food is great, but the desserts are awesome! Kudos to the pastry chef!!!Special Features:
- Not Four Seasons QualityxxxxVIPDined on 6/29/2014Over the years and having enjoyed the Sunday Brunch, this was a real disappointment. Yes, its been over a year since I was back in Irving so when told "management had decided to go in a different direction" they weren't kidding. The quality and selection of food offered wasn't nearly a grand or good as we had experienced in the past. No difference in cost but the overall experience just wasn't keeping with the standard established over the years. One item I always looked forward to was the Prime Rib, but now in only offered as a "Speical" some Sundays. The taste of the beef this past Sunday was like brisket and sorry, a light over it didn't keep it hot or even warm. The attention to service has slid. See comments below.
- Little things make a big differenceKandAVIPDined on 6/21/2014Little things make a big difference, but many little things differentiate a good restaurant and a fine dining experience. It was a special night, with special friends, and we were all extremely satisfied with both the food and the service.Special Features:
- Disappointing service this timeTerryVIPDined on 6/6/2014We've eaten here many times and have always been happy. This time we brought out of town guests and our kids so we made sure to eat early. We were often ignored which is far from the norm here. Since it's associated with a hotel I find it unlikely that his was b/c we brought our kids, but since it was so out of character and this was the first time we brought our kids it made me wonder. We will be back and we will like have kids in two at some point so we'll test it, hopefully with a different outcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Food was excellent. We shared a few appetizers and each had different entrees. All were done correctly and excellent presentation. Service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch buffetCVF2013Dined on 5/25/2014Went for the Sunday brunch buffet. I expected more ambiance (the restaurant really feels like you're in a hotel) and hoped to sit outside. There is no outdoor seating at this restaurant that I saw. We didn't know it was a buffet before we went, but everything on it was fantastic. Great selection of seafood and desserts. Service was meh but since all we needed were drinks, it was no biggie. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Ate here twice while staying at the Four Seasons. Dinner was excellent. Both the ribeye and tenderloin were among the best we've ever had, and that's saying a lot for Texas! Highly recommend the chipotle carrot soup with lobster as an appetizer. Sunday brunch was also excellent. Tremendous selection at the buffet. Quite expensive for brunch ($50) but that is to be expected for a hotel restaurant. I would actually come here again just for the brunch. Service at both meals was top notch. 17% gratuity is automatically added.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 137 reviews are from the Cafe on the Green at the Four Seasons Dallas reviews archive.
- Horrible ServicetheheathDined on 5/18/2014Waiter was unpleasant and rude, we were appalled that there was a 17% service charge added to our bill with such bad service. He rarely came back to check on us and acted bothered that we would request refills to our beverages. At his own discretion he placed the bill on the table and never came back to check on us, we were not through eating. To top it off the valet "misplaced" my car and we were stuck waiting outside for 30 minutes while they located it with no apology. This location gives the Four Seasons a bad name. Won't be back!!Special Features:
- Mediocre...A gem lost its lusterdiningdarlingVIPDined on 5/18/2014The place was practically deserted even with the Byron Nelson tournament going on. That should have tipped us off. Been there previously and recall a much larger buffet with more diversity. Servers were hard to flag down. Food was a slight uptick from a Golden Corral. Won't be back.
- Great!Tis4TravelerDined on 5/14/2014I had a really large group - originally set for 12 and at last minute accommodated 20!!!Special Features:
- A Restaurant's Duty to Patrons?SamchildVIPDined on 3/30/2014A classic scene: groupings of patrons, some in pairs, others three, one by himself, enjoying modestly good food, fair service and beautiful, high-end surroundings. In walks a family of four - two children perhaps four and seven. Parents proceed virtually to ignore children, who loudly whine, complain and fuss with no accountability, clearly disturbing the enjoyment of every other patron. Children even begin to run about the decorator surroundings with room-piercing glee. And it goes on and on. Some patrons rush their meal in order to escape, others, like me, are trapped, awaiting entrees. The restaurant does nothing, perhaps succumbing to some notion of political correctness. A perfectly good, $80 meal ruined by hotel's failure to act.
- At lastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2014Have been looking for a Sunday brunch place for some time. This will become a favorite special Sunday place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lunch Buffett is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/26/2014The lunch Buffett is outstanding. The cuisine is creative and always we'll presented. The Buffett is a major draw and always satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Being it's the Four Seasons, I would have expected a heck of a lot more for what you pay. At $45 a head, we had six hot plates of food to choose from which weren't hot at all. No potatoes of any kind among the salad, cheese, desserts, and the six breakfast options. Service was awful. We had to keep looking for our server. At one point, I spilled the creamer and our server disappeared for five minutes while we used all of our own napkins and still had a mess. No other servers or hosts helped. We finally spotted our server as he had disappeared into the kitchen and came out empty handed and actually had to ask for additional napkins and help to clean up the sopping mess. Was very disappointed. Will not be returning for brunch,Special Features:
- Four Seasons; 4+ StarsGunnerDined on 2/27/2014Cafe on the Green compares favorably with other Four Seasons restaurants around the country. COTG is, by far, the best upscale dining venue in the Las Colinas/Irving area. The food and service were very good -- even by Four Seasons standards. The wine list is extensive with a wide assortment of whites and reds from around the world. The ambience of the restaurant is conducive to confidential business dinners, romantic dates. or a more casual meal after golf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful lunch venue.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/26/2014A delightful lunch venue. The buffet has a new theme every day and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Good, but expected moreShayDined on 2/23/2014I went for Sunday brunch. The food was great and service was top notch. I just expected more options, it was kinda limited. I'd go back for the regular menu, but the brunch isn't the best value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly StaffdvbullsDined on 2/21/2014Enjoyed the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. I thought that the restaurant felt comfortable, yet classy and romantic. However, some businessmen next to me became a bit loud and boisterous. The Scottish Salmon was delicious and much more filling than it looked. The Romaine Salad comes with dressing but it was not too much like many restaurants have. Overall, a great place. I would definitely like to try all of the menu items eventually because they sound exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous for a Sunday Buffet BrunchimonsecondVIPDined on 2/16/2014Fabulous seafood selection from raw oysters, crab claws, shrimp to sushi plus REALLY fabulous dessert selection makes this place a brunch buffet standout. It has the usual hotel omelet/egg, beef and pasta stations as well as the typical buffet selections. Salad selection is so-so but who would go to brunch for that? Food was great. Ask for a table away from the live music if you want to chat. Buffet literally shuts down at 2:30PM so I wouldn't aim for that 2:15 reservation on opentable. Book well in advance. Pricey but what buffet has raw oysters, etc. mentioned above? Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Loved everything about it....all 6 of us did...thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpriceddfwguestVIPDined on 2/14/2014Food was decent but not great. Price is what you would expect for a Four Seasons or a top restaurant but food simply did not match up and has not for past several trips. You are paying Four Seasons prices for average food. On the other hand, our server was very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Valentine's day hitTheIgleVIPDined on 2/14/2014The prix fixe menu was great even with only one area of choice in the entree. A costly (95 a plate) but great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 2/14/2014Excellent meal prix fixe menu salad, fish and beef were excellent. Desserts outstanding.Special Features:
- The buffet lunch is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/5/2014The buffet lunch is always creative and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchFoodaddict2Dined on 2/2/2014All the food was outstanding. Loved the crab claws. The 17% service charge was a bit much for a self service brunch though.Special Features:
- Cafe on the Green's dailyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/30/2014Cafe on the Green's daily lunch buffet is a movable feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicelvm29VIPDined on 1/25/2014I was impressed with the quality of food and the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!aprietosDined on 1/19/2014This was my third visit to Cafe on the Green Sunday Brunch, as usual a great experience. Maybe there' s not a huge variety of dishes to choose but what it matters is the quality. The dessert room was always delicious! The service magnificent, I have to thank Gerardo who was very attentive and courteous all the time. Though service is included extra tipping is well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchJessiAnn11Dined on 1/12/2014This brunch buffet had a very nice balance of breakfast and lunch selections. Most notable was their seafood array of perfectly cooked crab claws, shrimps, salmon, and oysters on the half shell. But my absolute moment of love was wandering around the dessert room. Build your own cheesecake? Yes, please. This was a fabulous place to celebrate my birthday with the people I love.Special Features:
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/8/2014Enjoyed lunch, and appreciate the gluten free menu. The chef was attentive to my gluten allergy, and the food was excellent! They have a nice lunch buffet as a choice too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/19/2013Cafe on the Green is a first class experience!! We dine with them often and are never disappointed.They are our neighborhood comfort station!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we wanted for nice lunchJTorresDined on 12/19/2013Service was excellent. Food was fantastic. We got the buffet and everything was outstanding. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/12/2013Dining at the Cafe on the Green is always a first class experience. We have visited many Four Seasons and this one exceeds most.The dining room staff are wonderfully competant and can always be relied upon. The lunch buffet is a treat every time. We are delighted to call this Four Seasons our neighborhood restaurant for all occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2013Overall, a great experience that will keep us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.