Cafe of Love
38 East Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe of Love
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeofloveny.com/
- Phone: (914) 242-1002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hector Coronel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available; inquire about Love On The Run
- Private Party Facilities: The Cafe is available for private parties on Monday nights.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Phelan 9142421002x
- Special Events: We specialize in private bridal & baby showers and rehearsal dinners. Please ask for Melissa.
- Cross Street: So. Moger Avenue
- Public Transit: Take Harlem line from Grand Central and get off at Mt. Kisco station. Walk across the street!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot is located behind the Cafe with easy access to back of restaurant. Street parking is also available.
A word from Cafe of Love
Feel the love...award-wining, Farm-To-Fork bistro where local ingredients go on a global adventure: Vegan Mushroom Bisque, Butternut Squash Gnocchi, Pig Heaven, Chatham Cod, Sugar Hill Farm Steak, Pecan Pie Cookies. Enjoy our pickled radishes, white bean dip and artisan breads--with our love. Reserve your favorite table in the corner, the 8-seat round table, or cozy up to the marble-and-mahogany bar for seasonal martinis, boutique wines from around the world, and the best house made Sweet & Spicy Potato Chips.Take a vacation for the night--and leave your passport at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cafe of Love - Best Restaurants in Mount Kisco ›
Cafe of Love reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (60)great for lunch (38)special occasion (33)romantic (29)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent waitress - spot on with recommendationsFranDined on 11/22/2014Very vibrant / loud spot. not a good romantic place but the food & staff are wonderful. The only negative comment I have is that I had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated with my reservation. But on the plus side of that comment, they never rush you out of the restaurant. Nice wine list to compliment the food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place for DinnerBarbDined on 11/21/2014We are never disappointed with the food at Cafe of Love. It's a nice atmosphere and delicious food. They make great drinks as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Cafe of loveGabelzartDined on 11/18/2014The perfect place for a nice lunch or dinner. I keep coming back because the pastrami sandwich is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely experienceVanderwalken5Dined on 11/16/2014we had a lovely time at café of love. We went for restaurant week and had a terrific risotto and beef tagine. It is a pretty room and the service was attentive and efficient. What more could one askSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine eveningputnamvalleyitesDined on 11/16/2014This was our first time at Cafe of Love and proved worth the trip down from Putnam county. Food was excellent, the service was unobtrusive yet helpful and the timing of all courses was actually perfect. We ordered off the Restaurant Week menu plus a couple of sides that couldn't be resisted and were happy with all of it. The menu was varied enough that we will have to go back and try some things that there just wasn't room for on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunlightDined on 11/15/2014The food was very good as usual. Unique pairing of seasonings as well as side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enopperDined on 11/12/2014Great food and very nice ambiance. plus we love the fact that everything is farm to table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Excellent!macallan18grVIPDined on 11/12/2014You can always count on great food and service here! Gets crowded (with good reason) at lunchtime with the 'ladies who lunch', so if you are a guy who is intimidated by that, maybe look elsewhere. But if not, you are in for a real treat! Great food, beer selection and wine list. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsWestchesterLocivoreDined on 11/11/2014The food was well prepared and delicious as always and the service was fantastic. I had the pumpkin soup for the app, the tuna for my entree and the whoopie pie for dessert. All were delicious. I love farm to table cuisine and this place always does it right. The only thing I don't like is the noise level but I don't think there is anything that can be done about that except maybe adding more sound proofing tiles.Special Features:
- RussDined on 11/11/2014We are regulars there. We've never had a bad meal and enjoy the seasonal dishes. The soft shell crabs are my favorite and sangria is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cafe of loveMemeVIPDined on 11/9/2014great food--want to go back for a weekend brunch and then work around the townSpecial Features:
- Yummy but NoisyNYCyumDined on 11/8/2014As usual, the farm to table fare was delicious. We enjoyed the Restaurant Week Menu selections of Spiced Pumpkin Soup and Shrimp Ceviche Taco in a Glass (both excellent but the shrimp-very creative!) as appetizers. We followed that with Moroccan Beef Tangine over cous cous (a very tasty beef stew) and the Pepper Crusted Tuna (cooked to perfection!). For dessert, the almond croissant bread pudding was "to die for" but the chocolate whoopie pie was less inspiring. Our one complaint was the noise level. Perhaps the restaurant could make adjustments to absorb some of the sound, but the night we were there it crossed over from "energetic" to "abrasive". Would definitely return for the food and hope the noise was a fluke!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outEatumupDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I were doing the hudson valley Restaurant week and this is one of the restaurants we went to over the weekend. The Atmosphere was nice a bit noisy but we were able to hold a conversation. The bar was nice and the service was prompt. Dinner was Amazing!! I had the peppercorn crusted Tuna and my wife had the chicken both meals were wonderful and we can't wit to Return. i would recommend this resturant for the food , service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HVRW choiceTampaTouristDined on 11/7/2014We chose COL for it's Restaurant Week menu; otherwise we found it overpriced for the service and food ratings. Food was good to very good, but not 'roll your eyes into your head' good. Service should have been top notch for the regular menu prices, but was not. Biggest gripe was that the servers needed to reach across me every time they served or cleared from my husband because the table next to us was so close, they could not walk around me. Also, the food runners not knowing what dish went where (a pet peeve of mine).Special Features:
- Excellent nightDineoutDined on 11/2/2014Great food, great service absolutely nothing bad to say everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mt1234VIPDined on 10/31/2014HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THIS RESTAURANT. ATMOSPHERE IS VERY RELAXING AND NOT NOISY LIKE SO MANY OTHER RESTAURANTS. DOES FEEL LIKE YOU ARE IN A FRIENDS HOME. FOOD IS CONSISTENTLY GOOD. BUT..BIG BUT..PRICES ARE TOO HIGH FOR A NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT AND TO COEM TOO ON A WEEKLY BASIS, THIS IS NOT NYC ..ENTREES IN HIGH 30'S AND EVEN 40'S MAKES IT MORE OF A SPECIAL OCCASION. I THINK IT HAS TURNED PEOPLE AWAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new Fall menuKellyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Try the sweet potato flatbread - delicious! Also enjoyed the harvest celebration soup.Special Features:
- One of our favesJim55VIPDined on 10/26/2014Cafe of Love is a quiet, local restaurant with great food and service. Their menu is fairly extensive and everything we've had has been top-notch. Their produce is locally grown in season and they list it right on the board. It is on Main Street in Mt. Kisco, NY. Parking on the street can be difficult but there is a lot just up the road that is open and free after 6:00PM. (You can park earlier, but there are meters). We have gotten to know the staff well enough that we don't even need to give them our wine order. SOMETIMES it's even waiting for us. Another PLUS about this restaurant is that it is a 1000-pointer for Open Table, and well deserved.Special Features:
- Cafe of <3 Is My Love For DinnerDrKathyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Leslie Lampert's Cafe of Love is a restaurant filled with love and passion for cuisine! She executes delicious lunches and dinners. The bread they provide with hummus as starters is fabulous. This past visit for dinner I had her Celebrations Soup and taco's which were delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food is consistently very good and the service is superb!!Special Features:
- It is expensive for average food.MeenaVIPDined on 10/17/2014I would rather spend the money on a more expensive restaurant than here. The atmosphere is average and 1 out of the 4 meals we ordered was very good. But the rest was very average.
- A lovely Birthday CelebrationCookieDined on 10/16/2014I chose Cafe of Love as the restaurant I wanted to return to for a birthday celebration. The food at Cafe of Love is always good, but this time it was our waiter who made it extra special. I had never had the brioche bread pudding and encourage everyone to experience a heavenly dessert. Thank you for a fun birthday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just gotten too pricey...FigbellyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always loved coming to this neighborhood gem. But over time it has out priced itself/doesn't seem to make sense.it's not NYC and high thirties for many entrees and a forty two dollar entree special... Don't think it can remain a neighborhood haunt:(Special Features:
- Lovely, if pricey!LoveMyFoodDined on 10/10/2014We had a very lovely time here on a Friday night, out to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I had some delicious seared scallops with a citrus-ginger glaze--perfect! My only complaint was that you only got four scallops, and it cost $38--really? The ambience was warm and wonderful. We had such a nice time. Would definitely come back when the coins get too heavy in our pockets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Lunch is reasonably priced but dinner was outrageously expensive for what we ordered without drinks.Special Features:
- Feels like home...Hammer99Dined on 10/3/2014This place has a very casual "home-y" feel to it. Add the wonderful service this place offers, and the delicious menu that changes with the seasons, you can't really ask for a better experience.Special Features:
- We dine here regularly....MikeDined on 10/3/2014and enjoy it every time! Food is very tasty, and the service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. The salmon was excellent and was well presented. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELYKainnaVIPDined on 9/26/2014I made a last-minute reservation with Cafe of Love via Open Table one night and it was a choice we did not regret. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and concluded it with a late dinner here. What a beautiful experience, the food was superb and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- What's not to love!PatinaLaStradaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful food, great atmosphere, attentive service..... my favorite restaurant in Mt Kisco, if not all of Hudson Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inovative cuisineIBTDVIPDined on 9/20/2014Café of Love is definitely the place to be in Mt. Kisco. It appears sleepy in the early evening, but at 7:00 the place fills up and the buzz is infectious. The food was great, with good portions and the staff accommodated our wanting to share everything. We ended up sitting at the bar and enjoyed the company of the bartender and people watching. The truffled chick peas are a must with pre-dinner cocktails.Special Features:
- Great Locovore eatingjamberryjamDined on 9/19/2014Its hard to imagine anyone being disappointed with the menu at Cafe of Love. It is very varied and imaginative. Much of the food (if not all-who knows) is locally sourced and seasonally appropriate. The wait staff is also knowledgeable about what was or wasn't gluten free. The food was delicious. Its a great local restaurant that's rightly quite popular-make reservations.Special Features:
- jewelsVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food is inventive and delicious. The presentation is great and we always have a great dining experience. The staff is friendly can accommodating.Special Features:
- Imaginative foodtastygoodsDined on 9/6/2014The food at Café of Love is truly wonderful. Subtle flavors and beautifully presented. The only slight complaint was the noise level (too loud). We both had fish (Pollock and tuna) and loved them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceTwo4TeaVIPDined on 9/2/2014There is no better place to go for an anniversary dinner than Cafe of Love. We had a complimentary champagne toast and a candle came with dessert. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner. I'm always careful when suggesting a restaurant to friends. But Cafe of Love is consistently great.. Great food , service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A shame it is so noisySusanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sure wish something could be done about the noise levels as it is the only thing to mar an otherwise wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningLove2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Cafe of Love to celebrate our friend's birthday. The service was great as was the food. My friend loved the crab fondue and my other friend and I shared the truffled chickpeas - which we too loved. Everything from our appetizers to the desserts were very good.Special Features:
- I Love Cafe of Love!DrKathyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Cafe of Love is such a wonderful restaurant in the heart of Mount Kisco! Leslie Lampert, the owner of this lovely establishment has a heart of gold and is so nice to her customers. The staff is professional and do a wonderful job to make your experience here just fabulous! I love the soups and the flatbreads there! Book a reservation here and Cafe of Love will have a special place in your heart too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in...mariecherDined on 8/14/2014...good restaurant barren Mt. Kisco! We've been coming since opening day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.