Cafe of Love
38 East Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe of Love
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeofloveny.com/
- Phone: 9142421002x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hector Coronel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available; inquire about Love On The Run
- Private Party Facilities: The Cafe is available for private parties on Monday nights.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Phelan 9142421002x
- Special Events: We specialize in private bridal & baby showers and rehearsal dinners. Please ask for Melissa.
- Cross Street: So. Moger Avenue
- Public Transit: Take Harlem line from Grand Central and get off at Mt. Kisco station. Walk across the street!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot is located behind the Cafe with easy access to back of restaurant. Street parking is also available.
A word from Cafe of Love
Feel the love...award-wining, Farm-To-Fork bistro where local ingredients go on a global adventure: Vegan Mushroom Bisque, Butternut Squash Gnocchi, Pig Heaven, Chatham Cod, Sugar Hill Farm Steak, Pecan Pie Cookies. Enjoy our pickled radishes, white bean dip and artisan breads--with our love. Reserve your favorite table in the corner, the 8-seat round table, or cozy up to the marble-and-mahogany bar for seasonal martinis, boutique wines from around the world, and the best house made Sweet & Spicy Potato Chips.Take a vacation for the night--and leave your passport at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe of Love - Best Restaurants in Mount Kisco ›
Cafe of Love reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (19)romantic (16)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Food is consistently very good and the service is superb!!Special Features:
- It is expensive for average food.MeenaVIPDined on 10/17/2014I would rather spend the money on a more expensive restaurant than here. The atmosphere is average and 1 out of the 4 meals we ordered was very good. But the rest was very average.
- A lovely Birthday CelebrationCookieDined on 10/16/2014I chose Cafe of Love as the restaurant I wanted to return to for a birthday celebration. The food at Cafe of Love is always good, but this time it was our waiter who made it extra special. I had never had the brioche bread pudding and encourage everyone to experience a heavenly dessert. Thank you for a fun birthday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just gotten too pricey...FigbellyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always loved coming to this neighborhood gem. But over time it has out priced itself/doesn't seem to make sense.it's not NYC and high thirties for many entrees and a forty two dollar entree special... Don't think it can remain a neighborhood haunt:(Special Features:
- Lovely, if pricey!LoveMyFoodDined on 10/10/2014We had a very lovely time here on a Friday night, out to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I had some delicious seared scallops with a citrus-ginger glaze--perfect! My only complaint was that you only got four scallops, and it cost $38--really? The ambience was warm and wonderful. We had such a nice time. Would definitely come back when the coins get too heavy in our pockets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Lunch is reasonably priced but dinner was outrageously expensive for what we ordered without drinks.Special Features:
- Feels like home...Hammer99Dined on 10/3/2014This place has a very casual "home-y" feel to it. Add the wonderful service this place offers, and the delicious menu that changes with the seasons, you can't really ask for a better experience.Special Features:
- We dine here regularly....MikeDined on 10/3/2014and enjoy it every time! Food is very tasty, and the service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. The salmon was excellent and was well presented. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELYKainnaVIPDined on 9/26/2014I made a last-minute reservation with Cafe of Love via Open Table one night and it was a choice we did not regret. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and concluded it with a late dinner here. What a beautiful experience, the food was superb and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- What's not to love!PatinaLaStradaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful food, great atmosphere, attentive service..... my favorite restaurant in Mt Kisco, if not all of Hudson Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inovative cuisineIBTDVIPDined on 9/20/2014Café of Love is definitely the place to be in Mt. Kisco. It appears sleepy in the early evening, but at 7:00 the place fills up and the buzz is infectious. The food was great, with good portions and the staff accommodated our wanting to share everything. We ended up sitting at the bar and enjoyed the company of the bartender and people watching. The truffled chick peas are a must with pre-dinner cocktails.Special Features:
- Great Locovore eatingjamberryjamDined on 9/19/2014Its hard to imagine anyone being disappointed with the menu at Cafe of Love. It is very varied and imaginative. Much of the food (if not all-who knows) is locally sourced and seasonally appropriate. The wait staff is also knowledgeable about what was or wasn't gluten free. The food was delicious. Its a great local restaurant that's rightly quite popular-make reservations.Special Features:
- jewelsVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food is inventive and delicious. The presentation is great and we always have a great dining experience. The staff is friendly can accommodating.Special Features:
- Imaginative foodtastygoodsDined on 9/6/2014The food at Café of Love is truly wonderful. Subtle flavors and beautifully presented. The only slight complaint was the noise level (too loud). We both had fish (Pollock and tuna) and loved them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceTwo4TeaVIPDined on 9/2/2014There is no better place to go for an anniversary dinner than Cafe of Love. We had a complimentary champagne toast and a candle came with dessert. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner. I'm always careful when suggesting a restaurant to friends. But Cafe of Love is consistently great.. Great food , service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A shame it is so noisySusanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sure wish something could be done about the noise levels as it is the only thing to mar an otherwise wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningLove2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Cafe of Love to celebrate our friend's birthday. The service was great as was the food. My friend loved the crab fondue and my other friend and I shared the truffled chickpeas - which we too loved. Everything from our appetizers to the desserts were very good.Special Features:
- Great spot in...mariecherDined on 8/14/2014...good restaurant barren Mt. Kisco! We've been coming since opening day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to focus on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Lovely ambiance, great food, a bit pricey for portion sizes and SLOW service. We waited over 20 minutes to get our drink order & refused to order our food until drinks delivered. Great drink menu but if they don't hire help to make them, detracts from experience. We all loved the ambiance although noise level was quite high - difficult to talk in a group of 6. Food was delicious - once it was served. We had to ask several times when our food order was coming. Tomato gazpacho, salmon & drinks were favorites at our table. I would try the restaurant once more, but if service is not greatly improved, I would not go back or recommend. It really detracted from the evening even though we enjoyed the food and visiting with our friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJBDineVIPDined on 8/8/2014Quality of the food was excellent, options on the menu were varied and diverse. Service was very strong. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Expensive but GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014My soft shell crabs were the best that I have ever had! My salad and special summer martini were also wonderful. I don't mind spending money when you get top quality! Dinner was fabulous!Special Features:
- Outstanding, even better than usualAzabuplaceDined on 7/25/2014We had a great experience here this Friday night. We go regularly, but everything we ordered this time was a home run. We shared the Beet Gnochhi appetizer. Delicious. My wife had the ribs, which were incredible. We shared some summer slaw which was excellent and I had the home made riggatoni. It was also perfect with sausage, pesto and other ingredients. Just perfect. All around excellent!Special Features:
- JayneVIPDined on 7/22/2014Unfriendly waitress! Hamburger not cooked the way it was ordered, but the place is pleasant and pretty and is a good neighbor choice.
- Cafe of Love=Perfection!DrKathyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Cafe of Love is my favorite restaurants in Westchester. It has a charm that captivates me. The food's menu is always being updated depending on the season & always delicious! I feel a sense of comfort when I dine there. The owner Leslie Lampert is simply the best! She treats all her guests as if they have been best friends for years. The staff is attentive to your needs & the chef is magnificent! Everyone should have Cafe of Love on their bucket list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunch experienceFranPDined on 7/3/2014Great place for lunch. Good menu choices. Something for everyone. Food was excellent. Service very efficient and friendly. Pleasant, bright atmosphere. Reasonable noise level so good for conversation. Would definitely dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dish ever!SusanVIPDined on 7/1/2014Had the beet gnocchi from the appetizer menu as my main course and it was without a doubt one of the most delicious restaurant dishes I have ever had. I will go back and have the same dish again but skip the crab fondue, which was just so so. SusanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 500 reviews are from the Cafe of Love reviews archive.
- Not convinced this menu meets FallFigbellyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Huge fans of cafe of love- but our recent Sunday night experience was flawed-the restaurant was empty, the food less than inspiring. prices seemed higher and not worth the experience.Let's hope the chef adds interest & prices get back in line with other area restaurants otherwise this love affair is in trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and FlavorfulCoco14Dined on 6/22/2014Great outdoor dining. Lots of interesting menu choices. Helpful wait staff who listen to those with special dietary needs. Best zucchini fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good menu butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014It is a nice restaurant, good menu, okay service, but not a place that should have a giant TV in our faces. Hate that when we are looking for romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love All AroundDrKathyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Cafe of Love is a beautiful restaurant in the heart of Mount Kisco, NY. The ambiance is warm and comforting. The food is fabulous! The owner, Leslie Lampert is a wonderful person & makes sure your dining experience is a spectacular one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/10/2014We had great service and great food..... What else could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChappaqua5423VIPDined on 6/8/2014Beautiful country decor. Perfect attentive service. Flatbread starters delectable. Can't miss chicken Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food.....but never going back!Kbg351VIPDined on 6/5/2014Went for brunch with my husband. Food was fine. But...not ever going back.. Waiter was awful..inattentive.had to keep reminding him to bring the first cup of coffee, Never refilled water.. Never came came to check on us and exhibited a few other traits that were not very appetizing.
- problem with noise2ndtimerDined on 5/31/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and love the food-one of the best in Westchester.HOWEVER, something needs to be done about the noise level-can't talk to anyone. Every friend I bring declines to return due to this.(We actually skipped dessert to get out and escape noise) Owner should invest in some rugs or something to absorb the din. I would pay more for this excellent food, if I could converse with people at my table. What a shame noise level is a "turnoff"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining at Cafe of LoveStraightup45Dined on 5/8/2014I cannot say enough good things about cafe of love! The food is delicious (it's worth a visit just for the chick peas alone!!) the atmosphere is relaxed, yet upscale enough for date night, special occasion or family dinner. The owner makes everyone feel welcome and her presence among the diners adds a very personal touch. Great bar, also a good place to meet for drinks / apps. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerSsd3425Dined on 5/7/2014Not our first time, great food and service. Have recommended it before and will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting Country FrenchHastingsguestDined on 5/6/2014Ambiance and service friendly, food fresh and innovative, just the right variety (including vegetarian) . Brought friend who immediately reserved for later in the week. Note to programmer. This survey isn't user friendly. I thought I would do company a favor, and kept getting rejected for missing an item etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative. Fresh local ingredientsAzabuplaceDined on 5/4/2014We like this place and never hesitate to go. The menu changes, with some favorites always there. They source a lot of things locally. The food always tastes fresh and is almost always delicious. Personal taste dictates good from great, but for sure it's worth a try if you haven't been there.Special Features: