Cafe of Love
38 East Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe of Love
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeofloveny.com/
- Phone: 9142421002x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hector Coronel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available; inquire about Love On The Run
- Private Party Facilities: The Cafe is available for private parties on Monday nights.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Phelan 9142421002x
- Special Events: We specialize in private bridal & baby showers and rehearsal dinners. Please ask for Melissa.
- Cross Street: So. Moger Avenue
- Public Transit: Take Harlem line from Grand Central and get off at Mt. Kisco station. Walk across the street!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot is located behind the Cafe with easy access to back of restaurant. Street parking is also available.
A word from Cafe of Love
Feel the love...award-wining, Farm-To-Fork bistro where local ingredients go on a global adventure:Gazpacho, Corn Chowder, Beet Gnocchi, Lobster-Corn Fritters, Montauk Wild Striped Bass, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Oven Fried Chicken, Soft Shell Crabs. Enjoy our pickled radishes, white bean dip and artisan breads--with our love. Reserve your favorite table in the corner, the 8-seat round table, or cozy up to the marble-and-mahogany bar for seasonal martinis, boutique wines from around the world, and the best house made Sweet & Spicy Potato Chips.Take a vacation for the night--and leave your passport at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe of Love - Best Restaurants in Mount Kisco ›
Cafe of Love reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (17)great for brunch (16)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Imaginative foodtastygoodsDined on 9/6/2014The food at Café of Love is truly wonderful. Subtle flavors and beautifully presented. The only slight complaint was the noise level (too loud). We both had fish (Pollock and tuna) and loved them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceTwo4TeaVIPDined on 9/2/2014There is no better place to go for an anniversary dinner than Cafe of Love. We had a complimentary champagne toast and a candle came with dessert. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner. I'm always careful when suggesting a restaurant to friends. But Cafe of Love is consistently great.. Great food , service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A shame it is so noisySusanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sure wish something could be done about the noise levels as it is the only thing to mar an otherwise wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningLove2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Cafe of Love to celebrate our friend's birthday. The service was great as was the food. My friend loved the crab fondue and my other friend and I shared the truffled chickpeas - which we too loved. Everything from our appetizers to the desserts were very good.Special Features:
- Great spot in...mariecherDined on 8/14/2014...good restaurant barren Mt. Kisco! We've been coming since opening day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to focus on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Lovely ambiance, great food, a bit pricey for portion sizes and SLOW service. We waited over 20 minutes to get our drink order & refused to order our food until drinks delivered. Great drink menu but if they don't hire help to make them, detracts from experience. We all loved the ambiance although noise level was quite high - difficult to talk in a group of 6. Food was delicious - once it was served. We had to ask several times when our food order was coming. Tomato gazpacho, salmon & drinks were favorites at our table. I would try the restaurant once more, but if service is not greatly improved, I would not go back or recommend. It really detracted from the evening even though we enjoyed the food and visiting with our friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJBDineVIPDined on 8/8/2014Quality of the food was excellent, options on the menu were varied and diverse. Service was very strong. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Expensive but GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014My soft shell crabs were the best that I have ever had! My salad and special summer martini were also wonderful. I don't mind spending money when you get top quality! Dinner was fabulous!Special Features:
- Outstanding, even better than usualAzabuplaceDined on 7/25/2014We had a great experience here this Friday night. We go regularly, but everything we ordered this time was a home run. We shared the Beet Gnochhi appetizer. Delicious. My wife had the ribs, which were incredible. We shared some summer slaw which was excellent and I had the home made riggatoni. It was also perfect with sausage, pesto and other ingredients. Just perfect. All around excellent!Special Features:
- JayneVIPDined on 7/22/2014Unfriendly waitress! Hamburger not cooked the way it was ordered, but the place is pleasant and pretty and is a good neighbor choice.
- Cafe of Love=Perfection!DrKathyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Cafe of Love is my favorite restaurants in Westchester. It has a charm that captivates me. The food's menu is always being updated depending on the season & always delicious! I feel a sense of comfort when I dine there. The owner Leslie Lampert is simply the best! She treats all her guests as if they have been best friends for years. The staff is attentive to your needs & the chef is magnificent! Everyone should have Cafe of Love on their bucket list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunch experienceFranPDined on 7/3/2014Great place for lunch. Good menu choices. Something for everyone. Food was excellent. Service very efficient and friendly. Pleasant, bright atmosphere. Reasonable noise level so good for conversation. Would definitely dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dish ever!SusanVIPDined on 7/1/2014Had the beet gnocchi from the appetizer menu as my main course and it was without a doubt one of the most delicious restaurant dishes I have ever had. I will go back and have the same dish again but skip the crab fondue, which was just so so. SusanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not convinced this menu meets FallFigbellyDined on 6/22/2014Huge fans of cafe of love- but our recent Sunday night experience was flawed-the restaurant was empty, the food less than inspiring. prices seemed higher and not worth the experience.Let's hope the chef adds interest & prices get back in line with other area restaurants otherwise this love affair is in trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and FlavorfulCoco14Dined on 6/22/2014Great outdoor dining. Lots of interesting menu choices. Helpful wait staff who listen to those with special dietary needs. Best zucchini fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good menu butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014It is a nice restaurant, good menu, okay service, but not a place that should have a giant TV in our faces. Hate that when we are looking for romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love All AroundDrKathyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Cafe of Love is a beautiful restaurant in the heart of Mount Kisco, NY. The ambiance is warm and comforting. The food is fabulous! The owner, Leslie Lampert is a wonderful person & makes sure your dining experience is a spectacular one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/10/2014We had great service and great food..... What else could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChappaqua5423VIPDined on 6/8/2014Beautiful country decor. Perfect attentive service. Flatbread starters delectable. Can't miss chicken Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food.....but never going back!Kbg351VIPDined on 6/5/2014Went for brunch with my husband. Food was fine. But...not ever going back.. Waiter was awful..inattentive.had to keep reminding him to bring the first cup of coffee, Never refilled water.. Never came came to check on us and exhibited a few other traits that were not very appetizing.
- problem with noise2ndtimerDined on 5/31/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and love the food-one of the best in Westchester.HOWEVER, something needs to be done about the noise level-can't talk to anyone. Every friend I bring declines to return due to this.(We actually skipped dessert to get out and escape noise) Owner should invest in some rugs or something to absorb the din. I would pay more for this excellent food, if I could converse with people at my table. What a shame noise level is a "turnoff"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 492 reviews are from the Cafe of Love reviews archive.
- Love dining at Cafe of LoveStraightup45Dined on 5/8/2014I cannot say enough good things about cafe of love! The food is delicious (it's worth a visit just for the chick peas alone!!) the atmosphere is relaxed, yet upscale enough for date night, special occasion or family dinner. The owner makes everyone feel welcome and her presence among the diners adds a very personal touch. Great bar, also a good place to meet for drinks / apps. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerSsd3425Dined on 5/7/2014Not our first time, great food and service. Have recommended it before and will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting Country FrenchHastingsguestDined on 5/6/2014Ambiance and service friendly, food fresh and innovative, just the right variety (including vegetarian) . Brought friend who immediately reserved for later in the week. Note to programmer. This survey isn't user friendly. I thought I would do company a favor, and kept getting rejected for missing an item etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative. Fresh local ingredientsAzabuplaceDined on 5/4/2014We like this place and never hesitate to go. The menu changes, with some favorites always there. They source a lot of things locally. The food always tastes fresh and is almost always delicious. Personal taste dictates good from great, but for sure it's worth a try if you haven't been there.Special Features:
- A consistent gemValerieVIPDined on 4/27/2014Cafe of Love consistently meets all expectations for food, service and fun. We highly recommend you put it on your "regular" list for a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/26/2014So much care and attention to detail makes this a wonderful dining experience. The decor , beautiful dishes and airy space was noticed right away. Our server was professional and adorable at the same time. The bus staff was gracious. Now to the food!! Every bite was fresh and delicious. We were traveling through town and this was the perfect spot for brunch.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday lunchJessicaVIPDined on 4/24/2014Five ladies lunching... Beautiful decor. And food. Delicious. Mushroom burger was really yummy. Service attentive. We sat at the big round window take for two hours and felt welcome the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place in Mount KiscoKellyVIPDined on 4/23/2014Everytime delicious and enjoyable. I love taking my girlfriends here for lunch.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 4/19/2014I was part of a large group of 7 for a Saturday lunch, celebrating a birthday. We had a nice round table in a nook by the window. The wait staff was great. The food was good. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special lunch, or any lunch. My only regret is the noise level. There was another, much larger party in the restaurant. They were loud. The music was loud even after we inquired if the speaker right over our table could be turned off (it could not). It might help if individual speakers could be turned off. But don't let this deter you from going.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good!!1685pennDined on 4/12/2014We were very impressed by this restaurant. My wife and I shared Moroccan tomato soup, scallops, crab cake, bouillabaisse -- all superb. My kids were fine with hamburgers, which were also excellent. All the tastes have a bit of zip to them. Not inexpensive, but all the sauces were great and everything very well prepared.Special Features:
- Nice for lunchMPalDined on 4/10/2014Lovely decor. Good/Delicious food. Courteous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lukewarm food, in attentive serviceOlotupaDined on 4/9/2014Our waiter was attentive when we sat down but didn't come back for a long time to take our order. He forgot the wine I ordered until I reminded him. The other guests at my table had their drinks much earlier. My grilled cheese and bisque were lukewarm at best. The cheese was actually congealed before I was halfway done and I wasn't eating that slowly! I was very disappointed in my experience. I noticed that after I told the waiter that my food was lukewarm, other tables got steaming hot soups.
- would returnphillypieVIPDined on 4/6/2014We very much enjoyed our experience. The food is great, ambiance very pleasant and it's good for a special occasion also. We have already returned twice and always enjoy the food.
- better than last time2ndtimerDined on 4/3/2014I had dined here before on a Thursday night and found the noise level disturbing. This time, however, it was manageable and left me with a more positive attitude about returning. Even the background music was played at a reasonable level. The food is ,as usual, outstanding and worth the price(alittle steep).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review done by a french guyMichelfromParisDined on 4/1/2014This is the third time I enjoyed the food and the good atmosphere. Seating at the bar with friends is the best way to appreciate that place. Very good service ! Good wine list !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service went from excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/28/2014Service went from excellent to non-existant as the meal went on. Seems like they were under-staffed for a full friday night crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceinspiredbyfoodDined on 3/27/2014We recently dined at Café of Love with a group who were a mixture of vegetarians, meat eaters, and kids. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. The atmosphere was really friendly and relaxed and the menu was varied enough to accommodate everyone's taste.Special Features:
- Pretty satisfied! Will definitelyFoodieDined on 3/23/2014Pretty satisfied! Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.