One Citizens Plaza
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafenuovo.com/
- Phone: 4014212525
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian O'Donnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rotunda available for weddings and banquets. Restaurant available Sundays for private functions and private luncheons on Saturdays. Platfom available for smaller business dinner meetings. Please call for capacity.
- Private Party Contact: Dimitri 4014212525
A word from Cafe Nuovo
Casually elegant Cafe Nuovo, at the Gondola Landing on Providence's famed Riverwalk, has been hailed by the New York Times and singled out by the Providence Journal as "RI's contribution to world class dining." The scenic waterside setting is matched only by the "fresh, seasonal flavor of Cafe Nuovo's contemporary American cuisine and heavenly dessert creations." Through glass curtain walls or while dining al fresco on the piazza, patrons enjoy attentive service and commanding city views while the river and gondolas roll by. Free valet parking evenings. **Sunday Open for Waterfire, Graduations, some Holidays or private functionsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Cafe Nuovo - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Cafe Nuovo reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)great for outdoor dining (91)scenic view (87)romantic (77)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (38)good for groups (33)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (18)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Wait staff marvelous - mgnt snootyDivaCarolDined on 8/23/2014The food was delish - the wait staff was attentive but not intrusive - the management was snooty when I asked them for a window seat.Special Features:
- Favorite Al Fresco SpotBruinsRuleVIPDined on 8/22/2014Cafe Nuovo is one of my absolute favorite warm weather restaurants in Providence. While I've never scored outdoor seating for Water Fire, it would be perfect 50-yard line seating. Even on a non-Water Fire night, the outdoor dining experience is the best. There is a Venice-like quality to the experience. Beyond the atmosphere, the food quality and service at Cafe Nuovo are always consistently very good. They have many creative options with interesting plating. They also have a wide selection of more simply grilled items for the less adventurous. Appetizers range from ocean fresh raw bar to a really good escargot and a solid duck confit pizza. Pasta dishes always have interesting twists on the traditional. Desserts are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChetDined on 8/16/2014great food - lovely location - not a trendy hot spotSpecial Features:
- Amazing food and serviceCraigDined on 8/15/2014I have not dined at Café Nuovo in quite sometime and I must admit it has been my loss. The food is amazing! I started with the crab & avocado appetizer special. The crab was luscious and sweet, I forced myself to share. My friend ordered the sushi appetizer which we would order again & again. Our entrees and desserts were equally delicious. One cannot dine at Café Nuovo without mentioning the topnotch service. Our waitress was attentive and offered wonderful suggestions (like the sushi). I look forward to another evening at Café Nuovo.Special Features:
- Business lunchBusinessDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Very good spot for business lunch. Service was excellent and noise level low enough that we could have good conversation. Food was fine, not the focus, but that was okay for our purpose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedVisitor2waterfireDined on 8/9/2014With so many over-priced restaurants that promise more than they can ever deliver, it was refreshing to have a great dining experience with excellent food, very attentive service and a very relaxed atmosphere. Also the staff went out of their way to make accommodations for our children and their limited palates. Over-all great experience! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great view and menu.gardenladyDined on 8/8/2014We sat outside on a beautiful night. The menu offers a great selection. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itFrugalfoodieDined on 8/7/2014Really a gem of a place. Food is excellent, and out if the ordinary. Service couldn't be better. Just a little pricey. But if it's a special occasion, well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Cafe Nuovo is simply the most consistent restaurant in the city with regard to menu, service, and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Classy service, exceptional food, and charming canal front table- a winning combination.
- Culinary Excellence!SoSweetDined on 7/26/2014This was the best service of any restaurant I have been to. Our server was so attentive, and very accommodating. The food, fresh presentation and the uniqueness of the combinations assembled was a pure culinary delight! The zucchni and eggplant tower was incredible. I would highly recommend this restuarant the next time you come to Providence. My only complaint would be there are too many tables in the restaurant, making it tough for the servers to navigate the room. The ambiance is hip, great views of the river, and a wonderful way to celebrate any special occassion! fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceReviewer516Dined on 7/24/2014Found this spot on Yelp. It was a first class experience from beginning to end. The food was simply amazing in both taste and presentation. Not cheap, but well worth it.Special Features:
- diningDined on 7/21/2014Very good restaurant, service and location. Outside dining was beautiful too look at the water.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Loved our evening. We were celebrating three events. It was a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Always outstandingStoppedinDined on 7/18/2014Dimitri and his staff consistantly have this place humming. The menu has a little something for everybody and the specials vary with every trip - always something interesting to enjoy. Don't skip the deserts. A must stop in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent ExperienceHippieDined on 7/18/2014My second visit was also wonderful. The food, entertainment, service, ambience all created another memorable visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 'Hit'DaveKVIPDined on 7/17/2014We needed to make one appearence at Providence Restaurant Week and chose Cafe Nuovo. All 5 in our party were very satisfied with all 5 stasrtes and entrees being very good to great. It was a nice night and sitting outside would have been nice, but we were fine where we were near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit muchMajaDined on 7/17/2014This describes the style of this very traditional restaurant, as well as the food and the general tone of the place. The waitstaff was helpful but too eager to refill water glasses and rushed the service. Food lacked seasoning and imagination.Special Features:
- great night outjodyDined on 7/16/2014Food was excellent! Went there for restaurant week. We had a 3 course meal.....I had the watermelon and arugula salad, the stuffed sole, and sorbet and fruit. Everything was delicious. Our waiter was excellent. Service was timely. Very, very good experience.
- Always good food!JennyDined on 7/16/2014The food is always great at Cafe Nuovo. We had a great server with good suggestions for our dinner selections. It is in a corporate building so the atmosphere feels cold. But we like going when we are passing through Providence for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointdebgDined on 7/15/2014The cafe ambience even on a rainy sultry summer day was wonderful. Despite it being restaurant week in providence, the portions were very generous and artfully arranged as usual. . Sole on sticky rice with a beet reduction was splendid as well as sirloin tips. A watermelon arugula and feta salad was a refreshing lead in. Cheesecake and chocolate desserts were fine if unremarkable. All in all a great place to meet and eat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, great service!! I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014I went to this restaurant for lunch and everything was perfect from start to finish. There is parking right out front. Both outdoors and indoors are beautiful. I decided on outside because it was so beautiful right on the river facing the gondolas. My friend was late, but I never felt uncomfortable waiting. The waiter was patient and accommodating and even helped me give her directions over the phone. When she finally arrived, we ordered and the food was so many good choices. The waiter helped me decide on a Bibb lettuce salad with grilled chicken. So good. My friend had a bowl of crab and mussel chowder. Delicious. They didn't mind that we sat there for three hours. It was so beautiful and elegant, yet very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Our favoriteMarciRIVIPDined on 7/12/2014Always consistent in quality of food. I have never been disappointed. Nice ambiance too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Fine dining by the canal with the full moon and a great glass of wine...what more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Food was very good. Not as memorable as in the past, but still very good. Service is attentive but not overbearing. Best tomato soup I have had! The other dishes were new to me but the soup I have had before and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Triple Crown WinnermayaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food, fantastic ambience on the terrace and superior service.Special Features:
- Great EveningNPdinerDined on 7/10/2014Had a wonderful outside table along the river which set the mood for a great dinner. The service was impeccable and the food was top notch. Especially the warm oysters. Overall it was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Another wonderful dining experience at one of my favorite Providence restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewRCW37Dined on 7/9/2014The restaurant did not seem very busy even though it was restaurant week but the service was very slow. I ordered seafood salad and Lemon Sole both were just OK. I can cook better. Neither came with lemon wedges that I seem to have problems getting with my seafood in RI. I asked for them twice and by the time they arrived my food was barely warm. I may eat there again but only because it was nice sitting outside with a view of the river and my fiends food looked better than mine. Also, it is in a convenient location although a bit hard to find. I will not order seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMG247Dined on 7/9/2014Restaurant Week - Real entree's on the selected menu. Not just a pasta dishes to be participating in Restaurant Week. Service is always outstanding! Beautiful night for outdoor dining as well.Special Features:
- Would come backLaurenDined on 7/8/2014The food was above average and the service was outstanding. The restaurant week menu was a great value as normal prices at the restaurant are quite high (especially considering the abundance of options in that area of Providence). Menu had a atypical vegetarian options which allowed one member of our party to have a more exciting meal than is regularly available to her when dining out. Would return during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe NuovoanniversarydinnerDined on 7/7/2014Great food and service, the best escargot, dessert was served with a candle and Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plateSpecial Features:
- six star experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Cafe Nuovo makes Providence proud! The food is beyond belief, the setting gorgeous and the staff at the top of their game.Special Features:
- A fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Cafe Nuovo was a fabulous dining experience. The staff, food, presentation, wine list and ambience make for a feast for the senses! We enjoyed our evening from the moment we walked through the door until we were warmly wished a good evening. This is a. Use for anyone who is looking for a superb meal.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated my Mother-in-Law's 75th Birthday. There were 12 of us. The food was excellent and overall experience was perfect. Sit outside to see Waterfire up close and personal. We go into Boston regularly for great food but will def be coming here more often. One of the best we've tried in RI. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting by the rivetElizaDined on 6/21/2014Watching the gondolas go by eating great food drinking great wine what could be bad on a beautiful summer night? Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!GourmetandgourmandDined on 6/20/2014Two bottles of wine, vrab cakes 3 ways, mussel and scallop chowder, then entrees; scallops with risotto and a special of the day, turkey on focaccia. Everything was just wonderful. Beautiful day to dine al fresco, unhurried by your fabulous waitstaff, right on the river. Perfect way for two sisters to catch up. We were there for almost three hours. It was perfect.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!ChrisVIPDined on 6/14/2014Cafe Nuovo remains consistently excellent in quality of food, presentation, and service. It is always a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014This place is Outstanding!! My favorite place to eat in Prov.!!!Special Features: