185 Main St
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafenormandie.com/
- Phone: (410) 263-3382
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday& Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Louis Evennou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catered events are custom-designed to accommodate your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 20 guests in private balcony area, 30-40 guests in area of main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Evennou 4102633382
- Entertainment: We feature a monthly Cabaret evening with featured duo, Love Story.
A word from Cafe Normandie
Consistently voted "Most Romantic" restaurant, Cafe Normandie combines French cuisine with local Maryland specialities. A family business, we have been located in Historic Annapolis for 26 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Normandie - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Cafe Normandie reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (50)romantic (42)notable wine list (30)good for groups (17)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (15)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always deliciousDKNJDined on 11/16/2014When visiting annapolis We have a lovely tradition of going to breakfast after Sunday mass at the USNA chapel. Everything on the breakfast menu is delicious! The potatoes are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDBergJDBergDined on 11/14/2014Our party of six had terrific meals and excellent service. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and our table was waiting for us. Any time I can find bouillabaisse on a menu I go for it and this one did not disappoint. Three others had the risotto special and they all raved about it. We even found their simple caesar salad to exceptionally good. This is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDianaDined on 11/13/2014Great food great service, waiter provided excellannt service and suggestions. Food was done to perfection. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014The service was very good. The onion soup, salad and bread delicious. The crepes were so salty you could not enjoy them. The apple desert that was suppose to be warm was cold and not very tasty. I have been there before and have enjoyed the food so I was very disappointed this time. I can not recommend due to the disappointment in our main course and desert.
- Great food. Excellent waiter.BaytoshoreDined on 11/8/2014Food was excellent. Service by our very busy waiter was outstanding. Diners who had already eaten before us, when asked what they would recommend, said everything was excellent! Atmosphere was nice. A little cramped but fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BowieBillVIPDined on 11/8/2014Cafe Normandie was a good experience. We had the bouillabaisse and the rack of lamb. Both were very tasty. No complaints at all (except parking can be a problem on weekends).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good - service horribledatenightsDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I went for dinner - made reservation and were seated promptly after arriving. Dining room was full and very noisy. Typical bistro type atmosphere. The service was not good - we waited over ten minutes to even have a hello by staff and drink order. Our wine was then brought promptly but we were not asked for our order. When finally came back to take order, my wife asked a question about a dish which was answered, but then he immediately left. It was over half an hour to put our order in. Food came out promptly after ordering and was very good - the service just took away from the experience. After we finished our meal, we asked for our left over food - which never found its way back to us. Overall disappointing evening.Special Features:
- Delicious breakfast!!DKNJDined on 11/2/2014Our group of five had breakfast at cafe normandy after church . Everyone loved their orders - particularly the pumpkin waffles with sautéed spples and maple butter!! Service was excellent! Will be back soon while the pumpkin waffles are still on the menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Went on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly, and all was well until a group of 10plus arrived and were slowly seating themselves right next to us. They were very loud. This is a small, intimate restaurant, and the staff was obviously embarrassed. They soon moved us away to a quieter area, and all was well. From there on, service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not Normandy, but a nice spotCaptTonyDined on 10/24/2014Good location on Main St in Annapolis. We were initally put off by the crowd and noise, even more so when there was no greeter, and the three people behind the bar seemed intent not to make eye contact nor to assist. We had to wait a bit for our reservation and then were seated upstairs where it was quieter. We loved they had our favorite champagne, and after dinner fine Calvados and Armagnac. We stareted with onion soup which was a hit for us both. The leg of lamb for two provided a generous portion, though was cooked more done than the medium rare we ordered, but was seasoned wonderfully. The grilled vegetables accompanying were perfectly done. The tarte tartin for dessert easily serves two. Our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early bird dinner and 1/2 winepmrthirdVIPDined on 10/22/2014Ate here once before and happen to be driving by Annapolis, so decided to visit a second time (thoroughly enjoyed the first experience too). If you order before 630PM they have a three course meal for $28. The mushroom soup was fantastic. Also enjoyed the duck confit and dessert options were plenty. Great food for a great value. Mondays and Wednesdays are also half price bottle of wine night. Waiter was extremely busy all night but made sure I was taken care of by him or colleagues at all times. He also recommended a nice French wine which was very good and half price. I enjoyed the whole experience and would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBuckVIPDined on 10/19/2014The service is always outstanding and the food amazing. The wine is the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to our groupshoregirlDined on 10/18/2014We had a kind of noisy group of 8 celebrating a retirement and the staff at Cafe Normandie gave us a great table upstairs; it was like we had the restaurant to ourselves! Our waiter was great!! He was respectful with a personal touch, not too pushy, but there when we needed him. The food was priced about right for the quality of the ingredients and the preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colf45JeffDined on 10/18/2014Food was amazing as usual, packed with people and we enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tedbDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful dinner as usual. Lively noise level proving that we were. It alone in enjoying our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaseyCaseyDined on 10/18/2014A return customer! We had a great meal and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Almost greatDonHVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our starters, escargot and baked mussels were excellent -- the portions were large, and we should have just got one and shared. Our waitress was very good, though kept rather busy by the crowd. My wife's main course of quail was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My main course of soft-shell crab almandine was a bit disappointing, as the crabs were swimming in so much lemon and butter that I could barely taste the crab. Also, everything served was piping hot, except for my side of rice, which came at room temperature. The room is a bit tight, and also a bit noisy.
- A Gem!!captainmikeDined on 10/13/2014Part of visiting Annapolis is enjoying the great dining experiences, & Cafe Normandie is one of our favorites! Excellent French cuisine, so artistically presented, this restaurant is a must visit! Wish we had a place comparable close to our home, because if we lived in Annapolis we would be here often..and for special occasions.Special Features:
- From foodie to foodie: go here!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014In for the boat show made reservations and wow what a great place. Was like a short trip back to Paris. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceoutalotDined on 10/11/2014Overall a great meal and great service. we were a group of 6. The place was very crowded due to lots happening in town. While it took a little long to get our food, our server was very attentive and friendly. We all ordered different items on the menu and each of them was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis FavoriteLindaDined on 10/1/2014Bouillabaisse and Sancerre for lunch. It doesn't get much better than that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally AwesomeDelish60Dined on 9/26/2014This place is amazing. Nice location downtown, great service, and delicious, unique food! The portions were surprisingly generous for a French restaurant. I had the "Annapolis" crepe. It was stuffed with shrimp, scallops and crab in a lobster sauce. It was amazing and as I said, they did not skimp on the seafood. The service was great. One lady in our party left her sweater in the booth, and can you believe it, the server came out and found us in the mall to return the sweater. Now that is service that is above and beyond. We will definitely go back whenever we are in Annapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Great Hors d'oeuvres and main course. Good special wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very LoudChrisInMdVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a loud place, very loud. It is impossible to talk to your dining partner across the table without shouting, which is whateveryone does. We had a fine meal, but it went by without much conversation. At one point, we were even texting each other. I liked the food, but will not go back there.
- Great French country foodBillDined on 9/20/2014The Cafe Normandie is just a wonderful restaurant. Great french country food, ambiance, and the prices are very reasonable. French bistro style seating - you're sitting close to everyone else, but that's what you expect in such a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable atmosphere & good foodBC54Dined on 9/20/2014Cafe Normandie is a quiet restaurant on Main Street Annapolis. We had an early lunch before most patrons arrived, and the service was outstanding. The sauteed calamari was full of flavor, and the salmon in buerre blanc sauce with blueberries was unique and delicious. The lentil soup was tasty, although not as thick as I would have liked. The pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly. We even loved the bread and butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureNewcomer13Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to Cafe Normadie a number of times and it is always consisitant in quality and service.Special Features:
- Omaha BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Great food, I can't pronounce anything on the menu but the Steak with Bordelaise sauce is incredible. The Escargot was also very good.Special Features:
- Elegant and comfortableKellyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed eating lunch at Cafe Normandie. The service was so friendly, and the food was tasty. The French onion soup was especially delicious, tons of flavor and the right balance of cheese, toast, and onions. The croque monsieur was good, though not amazing. The bread was a little too thick and buttery. Would have preferred a more compact sandwich. But the fries were incredible. Thin and perfectly cooked. I'd go back if ever I were back in Annapolis. Really friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014great ambiance and you can watch the crowd walk by on Main Street Annapolis while enjoying delicious crepes in a quiet peaceful room. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Place to Meet Old FriendsinfofamDined on 9/7/2014This was our second time meeting old friends at Cafe Normandie. Besides the food - which is terrific - the atmosphere is perfect for telling long stories, sharing photos and just letting the years apart melt away. Speaking of melting, everyone should have one of their dessert crepes. They are outstanding.Special Features:
- great French restaurantdkw1Dined on 9/3/2014We had the ahi tuna and the mango sea bass, and they were both excellent. We started with cream of crab soup and bread was brought out for us. You will definitely want to order an appetizer for the pacing of the meal. The beer and Sauvignon wine were also good. We saved some room (with difficulty) for dessert, apple crepes. We are returning customers and this is a great restaurant for a special meal. We also found out that they have wine bottle specials on Wednesdays, so we will want to remember that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwernersDined on 9/1/2014Great food, excellent service. I had the veal with wild mushrooms which was excellent with good portions of veal and generous mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We come to Cafe Normandie whenever we sail to Annapolis and it never disappoints. We had the duck and the beef bourginon this time - both hit the spot. Both food and serivce is very consistent.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Took some out of town guests to dinner. Food was great and the waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- Paris in AnnapolisbillyfromphillyDined on 8/27/2014Terry greeted us as i was admiring 3L bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau...he told me "there is no place like Burgundy" and made an me an offer I couldn't refuse for a Chambolle-Musigny...there was a floral elegance I had never experienced...the menu becomes difficult when presented with classic french staples hard to find all together in one place, wonderful...so, it was Onion Soup for starters, but had to try the Shrimp Provencale, both beyond expectations...onto the main course of Steak Au Poire for me, and Roasted Veal & Mushrooms for my friend, perfect. They also had a special entree of White Corn Risotto...whoa, amazing. The Coup D'Etat prepared table side of Crepes Suzette NOT ON THE MENU. Jean Louis joined us for a Calvados at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go back-again & again & again!time2dineDined on 8/27/2014We've been to Café Normandie for lunch and dinner whenever we are in Annapolis (at least once a year). We've never been disappointed. We think that the dinner menu is better than the lunch offering, both are exceptional. We've gone for lunch the staff has been very accommodating in serving some of the items that are on the dinner menu but not the lunch. Dinner is amazing. While always tempted to get the duck (my favorite) sometimes different dishes and specials offerings win out! The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable not only about the dishes being served but as to why they are being served as they are (sweet versus savory, the relationship between spice and sweet, etc.). Overall a fabulous experience!!Special Features:
- Excellent cuisineapennyforyourtummyDined on 8/23/2014Perfect place for French cuisine this side of the Atlantic. The food is prepared excellently, the service is friendly, and the ambiance is romantic.Special Features:
- Always greatTrishd33VIPDined on 8/22/2014After traveling for 2 months this summer we chose Cafe Normandie as our first restaurant stop in Annapolis. We are never disappointed! It was great as usual.Special Features:
- Not HappyFoxmdDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was expensive and tacked on $5 charges if people shared a dish.Special Features: