185 Main St
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafenormandie.com/
- Phone: 4102633382
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday& Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Louis Evennou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catered events are custom-designed to accommodate your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 20 guests in private balcony area, 30-40 guests in area of main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Evennou 4102633382
- Entertainment: We feature a monthly Cabaret evening with featured duo, Love Story.
A word from Cafe Normandie
Consistently voted "Most Romantic" restaurant, Cafe Normandie combines French cuisine with local Maryland specialities. A family business, we have been located in Historic Annapolis for 26 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Cafe Normandie - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Cafe Normandie reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (58)romantic (51)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (29)good for groups (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Location, Location, LocationMemoDined on 8/19/2014Nice location for a day trip to Annapolis. Soft shell crab was good but the greasy roll it was served on not so good. Very noisy atmosphere.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014I've been a fan of Café Normandie for a long time and Sunday evening did not disappoint. Both our entrees were excellent and our server very attentive to our need to catch a curtain call. An Annapolis staple.Special Features:
- Tres BonMerciDined on 8/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for a romantic night before she left for college and we were both very happy with everything. The service was absolutely outstanding, I think our waiter was Trevor but am not positive, we never needed to ask for anything because he always appeared at the right times. He also gave great recommendations and was very nice. My girlfriend got the filet mignon and absolutely loved it and I got the quail which was incredible. Cafe Normandie has a very relaxing and romantic atmosphere and I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service/good foodjohnfromcvilleDined on 8/2/2014We had a large party of 19 who did not arrive until close to 9 pm for an 8:45 reservationon Sat Aug 2nd. It was following a memorial for my mother. The staff was very friendly(Sean in particular) and diligent in getting that large a number served at that hour. we kept them there at least 45 min. past close w/o complaint. Heard no complaints about the food from anyone. Decor and atmosphere could use a freshening up but otherwise a very good experience.Special Features:
- Fit for localsPoppie1945Dined on 7/19/2014Good food located in the middle of the tourist section of Annapolis. Mussels and Frits were as good as you get. Enjoyed Scallops in a lovely corn risotto. Varied menu from dinner and plenty of light fare. The special menu is always a strong choice. Food is fresh, real food, seasoned and flavorful. Good value and fairly priced. The early bide special is a great deal for early eaters. Certainly one of the better places to eat in the Annapolis area. Great service, the table is yours for the evening, just like being in France.Special Features:
- Very goodsleeplessDined on 7/18/2014it was very good. Our young woman waiter was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille Day Menujamann2001Dined on 7/12/2014For just $27 I had the Charcuterie Plate, Roast Duck with Raspberry Sauce and Green Beans with Carrots and Potato Au Gratin, and a dessert of Dulce de Leche Cheesecake. It was excellent! It was very festive and loud in the cafe for the Bastille Day Celebration. I enjoyed it! I liked the wine too, I had a white wine "Sancerre", it was afforable. Vive la revolution!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too expensiveKatieVIPDined on 7/12/2014There was a large group of us visiting for a wedding and Cafe Normandie was one of the few places that could guarantee a reservation for 12. We got in easily for brunch on Saturday and the food was good. Our waiter and waitress were both friendly. However, they don't inform you how much "add-ons" are, so be be careful. They refilled our coffee without asking, and we found out when our bill came it was an extra $2 (on top of an already pricey $5 for one mug of regular coffee.) Two of us had cheddar and tomato added to our omelets, and it was an extra $2 for the tomatoes (diced, couldn't have been more than 1/4 of an actual tomato) and $3 for the handful of cheese. Kind of ridiculous. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Best Place EverKimLDined on 7/11/2014We eat here a lot less than we would like to because it is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it. The French Onion Soup is the best I've ever had. It has ruined other restaurants for me. The brie is a must. Again...I would go there just for the brie. Great wine list and the Annapolis crepe or scallops and risotto are amazing.Special Features:
- Wonderful place in Annapolis!MeettheMillersDined on 7/6/2014Great all around place to dine. We had dinner and brunch there: great cuisine! Other than a busy Saturday night July 4th weekend, when they proceeded to see us tightly between two other pairs, thus we requested another seat which they graciously accommodated our request and escorted us upstairs, which had nice ambiance. Service was great as well! We’d go back there in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceNaptownerDined on 7/5/2014Had a pre-theatre dinner here Saturday night...Tried the Fixed price menu and had a pleasant meal...Ordered a New England clam chowder...a special...and it came out cold...and unremarkable...I tried the duck with raspberries and was very pleased with the choice...My lady had the flank steak and it was nicely done. Wine recommendation was stellar...Service was excellent...Coffee was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but not exceptionalFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I have eaten at many French restaurants in many cities, including Paris. Cafe Normandie is very good, but not the kind of place that will wow you. Sometimes, that is fine. Hubby had the scallops and risotto. He said it was good but average. He would order it again. I had the beef bourguignon and it, too, was good but average. I must say I thought it was unusual that it was served with pasta instead of potatoes, but I would order it again. I had the early bird special and that was a good value. The service and ambiance were very good. We would dine at Cafe Normandie again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Eggs Benedict!SusanDined on 7/5/2014Everything was amazing! From the coffee to the baked brie appetizer to the eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, everything was just delicious! We were there for lunch on a sunny Saturday and the service was great too!Special Features:
- Authentically FrenchAnnapolitanDined on 7/3/2014Cafe Normandie is an Annapolis gem. The service is professional, the food is unique, the owner is present... don't miss this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TummyumDined on 7/3/2014Food was delicious. Service was excellent! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very niceFrancesVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food was excellent; ambiance was pleasant; sound level was quiet. The four of us had a pleasant conversation with each other. The staff were friendly and professional. Definitely will go back and recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- GKW1308Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoy the wine selection. Food has been good, and affordable. Decor is outdated and the resturant needs updating. Chicken Normandy, and the Roasted Chicken dishes were excellent choices. Baked mussels are very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe NormandieBEAUVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a wonderful treat to have an early dinner in Annapolis at the Cafe Normandie. Everything was wonderful from beginning to end. Save room for their fabulous desserts!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Had looked forward to a meeting in Annapolis and searched for a nice place to eat for Friday night. Booked the reservation 2 weeks ahead since I was eating on my own that evening. When I arrived I was seated in the corner right next to the kitchen and not given other choice. Several minutes later 2 people walked in and were given a much better table away from the kitchen noise. The initial disappointment was off set a bit by the fabulous wait staff who made good suggestions and provided attentive service. Seared tuna was excellent and wine choices good. Would not return again.Special Features:
- way betterWatssonDined on 6/24/2014I had a few blah dining experiences at Cafe Normandie and so was reluctant to eat there again -- there is no shortage of alternatives in Annapolis. But I'm delighted to say that I've eaten there twice during the past year or so, and was pleasantly surprised on both occasions. The menu was creative and everything we had (Chicken Normandie and a rabbit pot pie on this go round) was very good. The service was attentive and the cost was reasonable given the quality of the meal. I think it's time to add Cafe Normandie to our regular rotation.
- Anniversary DinnerSouthCountyDinerDined on 6/22/2014Cafe Normandie had been an old favorite, though we hadn't been there in quite a while. We were disappointed in the Tomato Bisque. As served here for many years, this soup had contained lots of chunks of tomatoes and other vegetables, though the base had a thick consistency, not a "traditional bisque" at all. Now, no chunks. Smooth and less flavorful. Entrees were quite good though. After we ordered desserts, a bus boy brought them and did not bring the coffees we had ordered. We held off on starting our desserts, waiting, never saw the waiter, so gave up and started eating. When we finally saw him, asked again, and finally got our coffee, we were over half way through our desserts.Special Features:
- Annapolis GemTabithaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Start with the baked brie and Bloody Mary or Kir Royale. Then have one of the brunch crepes--Annapolis crepe with seafood is fabulous! Great brunch! Eclairs for dessert, if you have room. Fabulous!Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceYorkmanDined on 6/20/2014The service was excellent, and the Crepes we ordered were just great!Special Features:
- Classic French cuisineMDwinendineDined on 6/17/2014Food was very good. Grabbed dinner after event with grandmother who tends to have a hard time hearing in louder "trendy" dining spots. Not a problem here. She had quail, I had the duck and both were well prepared. The chef clearly has classical French cuisine training and a well-spring of experience. Be sure to have any meat dishes prepared "as the chef would." You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so FrenchDinerDonDined on 6/17/2014Although some reviewers found it romantic our party of 5 found it pretty ordinary. Two of us had potatoes that I guess were supposed to be fried or something, at least they were greasy. The best thing any of us had was the salmon with blueberries, very nice. I had quail, they served me two, way too much food! Nothing it about suggests France. We had a fine waiter but not a word of even high school French was to be heard anywhere, I guess we've been spoiled by a couple of very French restaurants in, of all places, Albuquerque, NM. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the bread was hot and excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodgreenjeansDined on 6/16/2014There were four of us and we all cleaned our plates. Food was delicious and we would go back. Service helpful and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day dinnerSpasDined on 6/15/2014Everything was spectacular. Our waiter was very friendly professional and informative. The food was special. I had corn risotto with scallops and my husband got the soft shell crabs yummy oh and the crepes were perfectSpecial Features:
- Very consistent in qualityalliumDined on 6/15/2014Food was excellent – Restaurant was accommodating for childrenSpecial Features:
- Excellent French RestaurantChetDined on 6/14/2014This was our first visit to Cafe Normandie and it is definitely on our list to return to. We shared a charcuterie appetizer. the cured meat was good but not extraordinary. The pate's were excellent, I particularly enjoyed the country pate and my wife enjoyed the duck mousse. I had bouillabaisse as my main course which was excellent, a very rich fish stock and lots of fish and shellfish mixed in. The only negative comment was a cheesy garlic bread that was served with it was not very appropriate. The waiter brought me more of the excellent house bread on request to soak in the broth. My wife had a a Sea bass with mango that she really enjoyed. All in all a nice, not unreasonably priced restaurant in Annapolis that prepares food with careSpecial Features:
- Wonderful birthday experienceFeather614Dined on 6/13/2014Went to Cafe Normandie for my birthday. Got a great table next to the window and far enough away from other diners to feel intimate. Food is always exceptional, but the chefs selection was the best dish so far. Service is always impeccable and the owner loves to make sure each diner is having a good experience. Definitely one of my favorite resturants in Annapolis, especially for special occations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, lousy serviceMeghanDined on 6/11/2014As usual, the food was lovely during our visit to Cafe Normadie, but on this particular visit, the service was abysmal. Our server neglected to promptly take our drink order, bring us bread, check on us, or EVER bring my side of vegetables. In fact, I asked him TWICE to bring out my vegetables and on the last occasion he asked did "I really even want them anymore?". Dumbfounded at his response, I honestly replied "no" because at this point we just wanted to leave! No deduction was taken from our check for the incomplete meal, and we left feeling very disappointed and even worse, disrespected. Certainly not what I expect from what is typically a quality fine-dining venue, but our experience was so poor, I'm not sure we will be returning.Special Features:
- WonderfulTheFifiDined on 6/8/2014We really enjoyed our food. Just wish they served brunch on Sunday. I don't know how I missed the fact that they have distinctive breakfast and lunch menus, no brunch menu. I was looking forward to French toast and bacon. We arrived at 1230 and breakfast of course was over. The Apple and Cheddar Crepe was a nice alternative though. Will definitely try breakfast in the future and I will make my reservation for before 11 am.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little bit of France in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Very nice ambience and a mixture of clearly French and local favorites on the menu. Therefore, you can't go wrong. The food was good, with an almost comfort food feel, with more than adequate portions. Waiter seemed a little rushed but he slowed down to our pace. Would definitely visit this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBethesdaM1keDined on 6/7/2014This was our first visit to Cafe Normandie. We had an early dinner and were very pleased. The food was excellent. We had a nice bottle of wine. The server, Sara, did a great job. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- A little disappointedElizabethDined on 6/6/2014I have been to Café Normandie several times and enjoyed it. Their cocktails are delish and generous. The escargot is divine if you are a fan. I got the Ratatouille Crepe and for $14 I thought they were VERY stingy on the amount of ratatouille that was inside the crepe. It looked more like a small quesadilla. You couldn't even see what was inside until cutting into it. I had it a couple of years ago and remember the ratatouille pouring out of the crepe. This time I left hungry. My mom got the Veal Normandie and liked it but was not gushing about it. We were not lucky enough to be seated at a booth and sat at a 2-top that was so close to the tables on either side of us I felt like were all at the same table. I will request a booth next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014The food and service were outstanding. I would highly recommend the restaurant and definitely return when I visit Annapolis again.Special Features:
- not a review it is evaluationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Having lived in area for dozens of years, it was my first experience at your cafe. I loved the quiet of the evening and the early bird special pricing. I have to say i was disappointed in the food, however. The trout almondine was good, but not marvelous and the eclaire i am positive was stale. It's filling was fine, but the shell was really tough to bite through. The rice and veggies were fine. The waiter Travis was very pleasant and helpful. The bathroom downstairs had the French male sign, but the ladies ' rest room with a picture rather than Madame frankly threw me off.. i'd suggest either a picture of a man on the Gentlemen's room to match... OR words in French or English for both bathrooms.
- How to fail a duck tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2014The duck was uninspiring: the meat was too tough and the skin was not crisp.
- Food was lovelynorabeanDined on 6/1/2014We had lunch there with our niece. Got seated quickly. Ordered their Brie appetizer immediately. It was delicious. We ordered the rest of our food shortly afterward but it took sometime to come out after we had completed the appetizer. It was not as noticeable since we were having a great conversation. The ratouille buckwheat crepe was good, the lobster ravioli with crabmeat my husband loved, and my niece's warm goat cheese salad was nice. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great French Dining DowntownNaptownDinerDined on 5/28/2014Celebrated our son's 21st birthday here two nights ago (his restaurant choice). We have always enjoyed our visits to this restaurant. Full menu with lots of choices, plus daily specials. On Wednesday evenings wine by the bottle is half-price. We had a party of 7 and the service was warm and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.