414 S 2nd St
Philadelphia, PA 19147-1608Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2155741687
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cajun, Creole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cafe Nola
This much-admired new Orleans-style restaurant is located in the center of head House Square. Beautifully decorated with its Mardi Gras bar, sunning high ceilings, impressive furishings, painted walls and quaint small tables in a garden setting. Cafe Nola is reminiscent of a New Orleans French Quarter cafe. This is the place to sample tasty Cajun and creole cuisine, including gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, and Louis Artmstrong trilogy. And they serve the most heavenly Bananas Foster anywhere! Come drink the most potent Hurricanes north of the Mason-Dixon line!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Nola reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Disgusting!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This has to have been the dirtiest restaurant I've ever eaten in. There were dead bugs on our table and everything was covered in dust. My child even refused to go to the bathroom there because it was so disgusting. The whole place needs a top-to-bottom cleaning. I'd just hate to imagine what the kitchen looked like after seeing the bathroom. The food was so-so at best, but the service was very good.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Cafe Nola reviews archive.
- A unique findCalTravelerDined on 5/17/2014We Found Cafe Nola Through An Open Table Search, Knowing Nothing About It And Needing Somewhere To Host A Large (10-Person), Impromptu Family Gathering. We Could Not Have BeEn More Pleased. Outstanding Service, Excellent Food, Quiet Enough That We Could Actually Converse. Cafe Nola Was A Pleasant Change From The Usual Steak And Wine Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--But.......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014The food was very good. It definitely represented the creole cuisine, but the restaurant itself needs a cleaning over haul. There was dust on the art work and lighting fixtures. The service was ok, very quick with little personality, but the female server was very nice.. Not sure if I would return.Special Features:
- Great Jambalaya!FoodieDined on 4/9/2014I am always looking for a good place where I can get the feel of New Orleans and at Nola - you can! I loved their Seafood Jambalaya. The spice was just right and if you really like it HOT, they can certainly make it hotter since you can 'cool' down with their warm rolls! I have been to many similar restaurants and thought Nola did a great job with their Jambalaya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool little place.LarCDined on 2/14/2014We love New Orleans so we figured Cafe Nola should be a win.....and it was. Great atmosphere, service and food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.