New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafenoirny.com/
- Phone: (212) 431-7910
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Rebecca Weitzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cafe Noir
Recently moved to its new location, Cafe Noir, part bistro, part bar, has become a cherished institution. With its Mediterranean ambiance and reputation for hip world music, Cafe Noir has been the location for a diverse crowd of "in the knows" for over Eighteen years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Noir reviews from OpenTable diners
- DrPhilVIPDined on 11/20/2014We had a great meal at Cace Noir. Some of the share plates are big enough for entree. Loved duck confit and shrimp in chili sauce. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Soho RepGeordyVIPDined on 11/12/2014Early dinner..only two other tables at first. Started with oysters on half shell at a dollar apiece! Nicely served with lemon, cocktail and mignonette sauce. Then had the charred octopus..Very tasty, perfectly cooked, and attractively presented. Dessert menu tempting but had had some dental work so just went with a scoop each of espresso and cinnamon ice cream . As the meal progressed the place got a few more guests, the lights dimmed, and candles glowed..nice ambiance. Also nicely priced glasses of sauvignon blanc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but pricier than anticipatedNYCfeinschmeckerDined on 11/1/2014Cafe Noir has a great ambiance and a TriBeCa feel about it. Food is in the "small plates" style, which means most people will want to order two, making the meal expensive than you would think.
- JanetDined on 10/17/2014The ambience is wonderful, lots of people by the bar towards the beginning of the evening. Great music and dimmed lighting. I came here for my birthday. I had a reservation and they were able to accommodate for my large group although there isn't a lot of seating in the restaurant. The food was very good, small portions though. Great for a night out for drinks, but not if you're hungry.Special Features:
- Cafe Noir, new and oldTiesenhausenVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a lunchtime review. Those familiar with the old Cafe Noir, funky, cozy, and with big unglazed windows for outside atmosphere inside, will find only a few artifacts from the old place, and the same spirit in the cuisine. The new place is larger, slicker, and darker; it is an indoors experience. None of the old personnel are there, but the new waitstaff are very friendly and professional--and young. My spicy shrimp was excellent, though the portion was smaller than I expected. They now have a loyalty program, with nearby Cercle Rouge and a few other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty Citygona0327VIPDined on 8/11/2014Apps were very good, and overall the food and beverages were good. 2 out of the 3 people who had the steak entrée thought it was way too salty, I being one of them. The menu online doesn't reflect their current menu, and if you're thinking of going here based on their previous location and menu forget it. Entirely new menu and chef. Gone are the pitchers of Sangria and beer. Not really sure why they wouldn't just change the name altogether; it's a completely different restaurant. Nice bar area and looks like a nice spot to have a cocktail after work, just not sure I would go out of my way to come back for dinner.
- Delicious!LaMiette3VIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything on the menu is delicious! Cafe Noir offers an eclectic menu of Mediterranean/North African inspired tapas in a vibrant bar setting. We went for dinner late on a Sunday and the atmosphere was pretty lively. And they have a celebrity chef in a low key local pub which is very cool. Two thumbs up! A great find.Special Features:
- dinerDined on 7/25/2014Easy to enjoy many aspects of Cafe Noir, but stopped short of being a dream situation because the food was really just fair. The whitefish was inedible because it hadn't been de-boned (and these bones were contenders), while the prawns where really just tiger shrimp and simply didn't taste terribly fresh. Grilled artichokes and nice wine list were the winners. That said, service and ambiance were both great.Special Features:
- better than originalDavidfDined on 6/30/2014Nice to have cafe noir back open..better food than previous versionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbJML1Dined on 6/26/2014Nice people. Nice ambience. Delicious, interesting dishes. Well-paced meal. A wonderful additional to Lispenard Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.