101 N. Michigan St
South Bend, IN 46601Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafenavarre.co/
- Phone: (574) 968-8101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Eamonn McParland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Navarre has 3 private dining rooms available with seating capacity from 14 to 24 in each room.
A word from Cafe Navarre
Cafe Navarre, located in downtown South Bend, is the newest hot spot as a restaurant and bar. As a locally owned establishment, Cafe Navarre strives for excellence in producing, and serving, the finest in cuisine. Established in the former American Trust bank building, Cafe Navarre is an architectural masterpiece, incorporating both vintage charm and modern styles. Our cuisine is varied with an emphasis on Mediterranean with an American twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Navarre - Best Restaurants in South Bend ›
Cafe Navarre reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (93)good for groups (58)romantic (54)great for lunch (48)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (44)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (29)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (15)scenic view (8)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Another Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Another post-ND game dinner at Cafe Navarre, and we were not disappointed. We have enjoyed the venue, the food and the service a number of times and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place in downtown South BendregulardinerVIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I went for a nice dinner on a Friday night. The place was full and energetic. We were sat way, way in the back of this long narrow space. We both had the Navvarre salad and it was very good and not too big or small. My wife had the special fish and enjoyed it. I has the special Manhattan which was very interesting and good and had the Octopus and Scallops with Pork Belly. Both were good but I've had better Octopus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Irish lost, but Cafe Navarre was a winner!WendyBNDined on 11/14/2014Delicious food for a variety of tastes. Some food was locally sourced, which is a huge plus for us. Definitely more expensive than a basic dinner, but we were taking our niece out for a nice, off-campus meal, and it fit the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service still a problemSBFoodieDined on 11/11/2014I visited Café Navarre several times since it's opening. Weather has been a lot that has changed at this restaurant, the one constant is the service. I've never been terribly impressed.The food is good, but the staff make only a meager attempt to explore your needs.bottom line: there's a better place to eat about a block and a half away.
- Amazing foodMichianafoodiesDined on 11/9/2014This was our first time here and we were very impressed! From the soups, all the way through to the desserts, the food has to be the best in the area for dinner. We like to go out and try new restaurants on a regular basis and this one is definitely at the top of the food chain! The flavorful food is very similar to Thyme of Grace in Mishawaka, which is an amazing little gem that is only open for lunch. The service was prompt, efficient and friendly. We will very definitely return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmomVIPDined on 11/8/2014I was suprrised at how bad the service was given that the food was amazing. We waited almost 20 minutes before anyone even came and greeted our table, other than that the food was stellar, the venue was terrific.Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 11/8/2014I wanted to provide a special opportunity for my visiting friends and myself to enjoy a lovely dinner in a beautiful environment. The food was good but not truly extraordinary. I like my special occasion restaurants to be significantly better than my own cooking. This was somewhat better. The wine list was good; the service was good. The desserts were mediocre. Although I had been led to believe that this might be the best restaurant in South Bend, I'm not sure that I agree with that opinion. It was very good, but not ultimately worth the price.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerkimmysueDined on 11/7/2014We have eaten at Cafe Navarre for our anniversary the last three years. Outstanding in every aspect. The food was delicious, the service was awesome. We had a great table with a good view of downtown. We will go back again! Thank you!Special Features:
- KevinCatSkanDined on 11/6/2014Our waiter Kevin was exceptional. Attentive, interactive, go with the flow kind of guy. Enjoyable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunchbriant9570Dined on 11/4/2014Another enjoyable business lunch at Cafe Navarre. Definitely tops on my list for clients, friends, and family dining.Special Features:
- Great for Business Lunch!Electric1921Dined on 11/4/2014Nice place to meet for lunch and conduct business at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014My wife took me here for my birthday and the dinner and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show spotSML23Dined on 10/28/2014Service was excellent and fast. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant was exceptionally good. It's sad to say but we are food snobs having lived in Chicago and LA so we have very high food expectations. This place met all our needs. We had exceptional service, the drinks and wine list where great and the food was phenomenal. I would definitely return here if I'm back in the South Bend area.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I've been to the restaurant two times now and have gotten a different meal each time. The food is amazing and is a nice change in terms of what foods are offered. The staff is extremely friendly and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SqueekyWheelDined on 10/17/2014We have dined at Cafe Navarre on numerous occasions, so we HAVE experienced excellent service from this establishment. This past Friday night was not the norm. explanation of our experience. We arrived were seated, no menues. The waiter came to take our beverage order (no water on the table) The menues came while he was taking our beverage order,we ask (jokingly) what we were to do with the butter on the table, knowing that in the past the bread was brought shortly after being seated. The beverages came the coffee ordered was lukewarm. On occasion my husband asks for an extra item,the reply was he did not know if that was possible and there would be an upcharge. This was not a problem in the past. We were disappointed to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!JschwartzVIPDined on 10/15/2014When choosing a place to bring clients, friends, or the special night out with a spouse, this has to be one of the top choices in South Bend. Excellent food and plated like artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mdislanderDined on 10/11/2014Our dining experience at Cafe Navarre was a satisfying conclusion to an enjoyable football weekend. We each ordered something different from the very interesting menu and were all pleased with our selections. Our server was quite welcoming and attentive on a very busy evening and our party of 5 were all favorably impressed with Cafe Navarre.Special Features:
- What a fun night!jazzguyDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service, extensive wine list with something for everyone, beautiful presentation, service friendly and attentive, never bothersome... All in all, our experience at Cafe Navarre was fun, delicious, and now it's one of our favorite places! You will not be disappointed - it's our second time here, and the experience has been truly wonderful both times. It's one of the many reasons we look forward to returning to South Bend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ND Game StopPFMJCDined on 10/10/2014Never disappoints.....highly recommended. Great place, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with dining experience.ND59Dined on 10/7/2014Most enjoyable. My friends were visiting from Memphis, Tenn., and were quite impressed.Special Features:
- DinnerNeighborhood2Dined on 10/7/2014The Bada Bing and tart tasting cocktail made with Rye whiskey were considered a hit. Something interesting to start the evening off. On the short ribs dish, the puree was too airy, certainly a light tasting accent but the term accent suggests zest or flavor, not fluff. Against the flavor of the meat it fell short. The Cioppino was great and dividing the dish for two servings was considerate. It was great to have both the variety of seafood items with each prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice, but under cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014the only complaint was my filet was undercooked. I didn't return it because I was with a client, but choked it down because I paid $40 for it.Special Features:
- Game night diningjsailorVIPDined on 10/5/2014After a football day in the rain, the warmth and flavors of Café Navarre were a delight.Special Features:
- Great Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014This is our second visit to this restaurant. Our food and service was terrific. The foie gras was so delicious. Our server was on top of everything and provided excellent care throughout our dining experience. We'll definitely go again.Special Features:
- Outstanding Every Visit!WishIwereAfoodCriticDined on 10/4/2014I have eaten at Cafe Navarre many times and I have never been disappointed with the food or the service. My visits have included solo, with adult friends, with a group and with my grown children. Each visit provided impeccable service and the most delicious fresh, seasonal dishes in the South Bend area. Some feel it's pricey but I prefer to purchase quality food in appropriate sizes over an all-you-can-eat buffet. The bartenders are especially knowledgeable and friendly. I've found a new favorite red wine thanks to the recommendation of one of them. The Wild Mushroom soup is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureThePunditVIPDined on 10/3/2014They do their best to take excellent care of you! Avoid the tables upstairs along the railingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues a FavoriteCDDiningVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had the walleye special which was outstanding- spicy with tons of flavor. Service was good as usual.Special Features:
- Noisy but good foodfood4lifeDined on 9/27/2014We went for my husband's birthday. We were seated promptly and the server was attentive without hovering. The order that food was delivered was a little odd to us (appetizer, then soup, then salad), but our table was never crowded because it was delivered too promptly. Each dish followed the other only after the table was cleared, which was fantastic! We got to take our time and never felt rushed. When we waited longer than for the previous dishes (though not terribly long either), the server informed us that the chef wanted to apologize for the wait and we got dessert on the house. Points off for being so loud that we couldn't hear our server sometimes and reducing the intimacy of our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Vegetarian/Vegan NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014So happy that Cafe Navarre has always offered a vegan entree. Thank you! However, it would be a better experience for my vegetarian and vegan group if there was also a vegetarian entree. The vegetarian entree could contain cream, butter or cheese. But the cheese should NOT contain animal rennet (which is actually from a dead calf's stomach). There should also should be one vegan and one vegetarian offering under both Soups and Small Plates (again, dairy and cheese would be OK in the vegetarian options if the cheese was labeled "no animal rennet"). Cafe Navarre is the only restaurant in town with a specifically vegan entree, and it would be great if you could extend the vegan/vegetarian offerings to the entire menu. Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014While a bit on the pricey side, the food was delicious and the service was well executed.Special Features:
- Simply the Best Of it's ClassBusyTravellerDined on 9/22/2014This visit was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. My wife and I chose Cafe Navarre because we knew we would be well taken care of and they did not disappoint. When we arrived, we were greeted by the hostess and quickly seated in a quiet location. Our waitress was awesome in that she was the right blend of friendliness, helpfulness and attentiveness. She made our evening quite enjoyable. Our meals were prepared perfectly and arrived perfectly timed after we finished our salads. As an unexpected delight, they provided us with a complimentary dessert which was decadently wonderful. All in all, I cannot place any higher recommendation for anyone seeking the best dining experience in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Good food and service. Nice atmosphere but be sure to specify if you want to sit in the dining room and not in the bar area since they consider them the same. The bar area feels more casual and may not be what you were hoping for to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable NavarreNoNameDined on 9/20/2014Cafe Navarre is fast becoming a favorite special occasion place for my wife and me. Excellent food, preparation & presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So grateful to have found this gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014An overall delight-- being regular guests from Chicago, we enjoy the relaxed, yet refined, aspect. New chef is added valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We usually have a very fine experience at Cafe Navarre. Wednesday night was not one of them. The restaurant was extremely loud-I couldn't hear the person across the table from me--and the service was poor.
- Delish!GeistieDined on 9/16/2014The standard menu items and daily specials at Cafe Navarre do not disappoint. Everything is flavorful and interesting to the palette. We had a delicious salmon, a perfectly cooked pork chop, bright salads, and even tried a seasonal apple chowder soup that turned out to be quite a surprise. Cafe Navarre is a great choice for a group dinner or more private evening. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Had a new waiter - very poor.mhardyDined on 9/15/2014Thank God that Cezar jumped in and helped out. We never saw our new young male waiter again after he dropped off our food. Not the service I have come to expect from Cafe Navarre. Luckily, the food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningFamilyof5Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and everything was great! My husband always has the filet-mignon, which they always cook perfectly. I had the salmon and heirloom tomato salad which was very tasty. The salmon was very fresh. They even surprised us with a candle in the dessert. Also I always finish the meal with the chocolate problem. It's not to be missed. Delicious! Then we went to the bar to finish the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another South Bend findartstravelerDined on 9/12/2014South Bend is a well-kept secret. Considered a sleepy town, it, in fact, boasts some very nice restaurants. Cafe Navarre s perhaps the most popular, combining a great ambiance that is both elegant and welcoming with excellent food. The menu has some first-class items that are always reliable, like the Wild Mushroom Soup and the Navarre Salad. The fish of the day is always stupendous. It will not disappoint.Special Features: