101 N. Michigan St
South Bend, IN 46601Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafenavarre.co/
- Phone: 5749688101x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Eamonn McParland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Navarre has 3 private dining rooms available with seating capacity from 14 to 24 in each room.
A word from Cafe Navarre
Cafe Navarre, located in downtown South Bend, is the newest hot spot as a restaurant and bar. As a locally owned establishment, Cafe Navarre strives for excellence in producing, and serving, the finest in cuisine. Established in the former American Trust bank building, Cafe Navarre is an architectural masterpiece, incorporating both vintage charm and modern styles. Our cuisine is varied with an emphasis on Mediterranean with an American twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Navarre - Best Restaurants in South Bend ›
Cafe Navarre reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)fit for foodies (100)romantic (62)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (47)notable wine list (46)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (14)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delish!GeistieDined on 9/16/2014The standard menu items and daily specials at Cafe Navarre do not disappoint. Everything is flavorful and interesting to the palette. We had a delicious salmon, a perfectly cooked pork chop, bright salads, and even tried a seasonal apple chowder soup that turned out to be quite a surprise. Cafe Navarre is a great choice for a group dinner or more private evening. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Had a new waiter - very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Thank God that Cezar jumped in and helped out. We never saw our new young male waiter again after he dropped off our food. Not the service I have come to expect from Cafe Navarre. Luckily, the food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningFamilyof5Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and everything was great! My husband always has the filet-mignon, which they always cook perfectly. I had the salmon and heirloom tomato salad which was very tasty. The salmon was very fresh. They even surprised us with a candle in the dessert. Also I always finish the meal with the chocolate problem. It's not to be missed. Delicious! Then we went to the bar to finish the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another South Bend findartstravelerDined on 9/12/2014South Bend is a well-kept secret. Considered a sleepy town, it, in fact, boasts some very nice restaurants. Cafe Navarre s perhaps the most popular, combining a great ambiance that is both elegant and welcoming with excellent food. The menu has some first-class items that are always reliable, like the Wild Mushroom Soup and the Navarre Salad. The fish of the day is always stupendous. It will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Worth a journeyTravelerDined on 9/11/2014The menu changes regularly and is always interesting. The ingredients are fresh. The food is carefully and creatively prepared. Our meals were excellentSpecial Features:
- Just a great place to eatWiserDined on 9/9/2014Thank-you Service and food is excellent. Reasonable lunch pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a place to enjoy over and overdinintravelworkmanDined on 9/8/2014The ambiance is consistent but uniquely changing with seasons and varies with weather and time of day because of the tremendous grand windows that have big impact on the two story space. What a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CK2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great menu and I'd rate the food among the best I've had. Service was just OK, and though there were plenty of tables in the more attractive open area of the restaurant we were seated in a back room and our request for an alternate table was denied. Ordering was rushed and the waiter returned to our table 3 times to take our order before even serving us the drinks we had ordered. Our main courses arrived before we had finished either our appetizers or our drinks. I'll go back, but I'll be prepared for battle!Special Features:
- Wonderful for LunchKittyDined on 9/3/2014Great place to make a reservation for lunch when you want something special in your work day. Fast service and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to NavarreThePunditVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great address for vegans and vegetarians while catering to omnivores. Nice outside seating also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to be in the BenddinintravelworkmanDined on 9/2/2014The food, service and ambiance are unparalleled in the region. the value proposition is fantastic overall and the range of 2 tops of friends meeting to high powered business lunch or dinners all blending well is a testament to the place. the vibe and atmosphere after dinner is really cool too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrollDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebrating an ND win and our daughter' engagement. The service was fabulous and the service exceptional for a large group.Special Features:
- Afternoon delightDomer1968VIPDined on 8/29/2014Had lunch here for the first time. Menu not extensive but all items were temptingSpecial Features:
- OutstandingLcogsDined on 8/28/2014We have been to Café Navarre several times and have never been disappointed. The food and service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th Anniversary CelebrationJamieDined on 8/27/2014We had the pleasure of hosting my parents 60th wedding anniversary celebration at Cafe Navarre. It was the perfect dining experience; not too loud, great food, beautiful ambiance, and attentive service. I highly recommend the duck and the heirloom tomato salad! We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Always a good choiceThePunditVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent restaurant in downtown South Bend with a creative menu. Nice terrace seating. Very thoughtful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Spotbriant9570Dined on 8/26/2014Had the privilege to sneak in a quick lunch date with my wife and chose Cafe Navarre downtown. Could not have chose a better place to eat, relax, and visit. Once again they exceeded our expectations. I recommend CN to all of our friends.Special Features:
- Very friendly waiter w/ great foodrosecitygalDined on 8/22/2014Waiter fantastic along with the good and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Navarre is a gemNancyDined on 8/22/2014Four of us enjoyed cafe Navarre. We started at the exchange whiskey bar, also a Navarre establishment, for cocktails, and walked a block for dinner. Waitress was attentive and helpful. Wedge salad, with Boston lettuce, was a great change from iceberg. It was wonderful. Entres were wexceptional. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NittiDined on 8/22/2014Seated us next to the kitchen which was disappointing. Seafood entre was quite small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.GreenwoodDined on 8/22/2014A new chef at a Cafe Naverre has made this the place to go. The taste and presentation have made this almost as good as most of Chicago,s finest. If you haven't been there for awhile, give it a try. The pork belly with watermelon app. was perfectly seared and the pastastios added that extra depth of flavor. The duck salad with the fried cheese ball was a hit.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in South BendBigDogVIPDined on 8/19/2014A very good restaurant that focuses on a diverse ala carte continental menu. Located in an old bank, the arched ceilings can cause some noise concerns at peak periods so not recommended for those seeking quiet ambiance. Food is always first rate but the ala carte approach will not be kind to your wallet. Service is generally attentive & adequate. Solid wine & bar menu. In their 3 year history, I have not had any bad meals served to me or my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night at Cafe NavarreAmericanpieDined on 8/16/2014Group of 5 . The bread by the new bread baker is great. The wedge salad and mushroom soup are always wonderful as starters. 3 of 5 had the salmon, and it was delicious. The pork chop was outstanding. And the filet as well. Dessert was decadent. Shouldn't have done that. But oh well, that's why we work out, right? Cesar was our waiter and he is superb. Ambience is so fun. Another great night at Cafe Navarre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menuFigaro14Dined on 8/16/2014The real strength of this restaurant is its menu. It is not trying to be simply a steaks and chops restaurant. There is a very strong emphasis on fresh and lively flavors. On this last visit, the menu featured an outstanding short rib served with polenta and patty pan squash. My rack of lamb arrived cooked precisely to order and had a nice char from the grill. I'm really pleased to see the direction this restaurant is going. It is going to be one of South Bend's top restaurants.Special Features:
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014I do realize there was a lot going on downtown and it was crowded. But, from the time we entered the door we felt as if we were just another group to deal with. I felt the seating was cramped and food was overpriced. I have been here several times in the past and I am sorry to say it does not have the same ambivalence it had in the beginning.Special Features:
- Great foodMotherDuderDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at six and had our food by 620. It was great. Each of our dinners were cooked perfectly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Bend's BestAZFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014If there is a better restaurant in South Bend I have not found it. 5 of us ate there recently, with steaks, seafood, and chicken dishes ordered. Every entrée was delicious, with the seafood being the best plates on the table. Service was efficient. The design of the restaurant funnels noise from the bar area into the dining area, so it's not the ideal place for a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:
- Second time not a charmMarieDined on 8/9/2014The first time we ate there it was great. But we were less than wowed this time. The Burrata starter was as if the Burrata capsule had been deflated since very little of the yummy creamy cheese was inside. That disappointment set the tone for a kinda lack luster meal for each my husband and myself. Our friends seemed somewhat pleased.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Navarre deliciousDobusgoestodineDined on 8/8/2014Went here for dinner based on previous reviews. We were in South Bend for a wedding and Cafe Navarre was within walking distance from our hotel so thought we'd give it ago and we're glad we did. The service was wonderful and the food superb. We started off with special martinis. To start our gastronomical experience we chose the Pork Belly to share which was perfectly cooked, so tender our mouths were watering. We then shared a Lettuce Wedge Salad, delicious. Entrees were the Chioppini for myself which was full of seafood cooked to perfection and my wife had the beef short ribs, so tendor and flavorful. Dessert, a cheesecake with Michigan cherries, to die for! Great atmosphere and the entire staff superb. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChattiVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always usually a first choice for us. Had a group of 8 and had private room upstairs, which is nice.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencedatenitedinersDined on 8/8/2014This was our first visit. We enjoyed every bite. Service was great. Each item on the plate was prepared to perfection. We had the Chilean Sea Bass and the Kurobuta Pork Chop. Very pleasant atmosphere conducive to intimate conversation where we were seated indoors, kind of in an alcove. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findMasqueVIPDined on 8/8/2014This a very good restaurant. The food is inventive and the selection of food items is wide and varied. The service is attentive, smart and prompt. The management wants to please its patrons on every level. The restaurant is as good as, or better than, any similar establishment one would find in a bigger city.Special Features:
- Always a good timeStoney1Dined on 8/2/2014I always enjoy my meal at Cafe Navarre and Wang is the man! Give that man a promotion! My wife and I have really enjoyed coming here over the past few years. South Bend was a hard transition coming from new orleans to the palate but Navarre always stood for a good meal in a nice environment. I have moved away and I really appreciate the congratulatory piece of cake the other night, anytime I am in town I will always come back. If we play ND I will do a team meal at Navarre and call in advance. Thanks, Alexander J. StoneSpecial Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Had a reservation for 8/1/14 at 7:30pm. Seated promptly outdoors, the service was excellent, the food was outstanding and the place was vibrant. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys excellent food with great atmosphere. I have been here a number of times and every dish I've tried has not disappointed. DavidSpecial Features:
- Mac4ReviewDined on 7/29/2014Food & Service was great for us five....very tight table spacing & difficult to hear each other.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 7/27/2014Excellent all the way around - food and service in particularSpecial Features:
- Great place in South BendSolanaSteveDined on 7/25/2014I have been coming to South Bend on business for five years. This is the best place I have ever found for dinner. I hosted 3 of my friends visiting from Alaska (at the last minute) and we thoroughly enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- A nice dinner before theaterCDDiningVIPDined on 7/25/2014As one of our favorite restaurants in the area, we go here frequently and always have great food. This time was good but not as good as usual - lamb was not very flavorful and just warm. Service was not as good as usual but good, poured own wine, not uncommon for this area, but uncommon at Cafe.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysSMFSBDined on 7/23/2014I'd say that Cafe Navarre has become an institution, but there's nothing staid about it. The changing menu is always an embarrassment of riches.Special Features:
- Exotic foodHalfbdayrulesDined on 7/20/2014We love going to Cafe Navarre. The wine list is extensive, the drinks are intriguing and the food doesn't disappoint. The service is on point, quick and full of knowledge. It's a nice place for a special occasion, special night or just a drink.Special Features: