Cafe Murano - Veranda Park
6996 Piazza Grande Avenue
Orlando, FL 32835Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Murano - Veranda Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafe-murano.com/
- Phone: 4072505859
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Andrich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
A word from Cafe Murano - Veranda Park
Growing up one of 5 children in a tight-knit New Jersey family, Chef John relished the chance to work in the kitchen with his European grandmother, and it was from her that he developed his deep affection for Italian cuisine. He cites his opportunity to work alongside Master Chef Giuseppe Formica at Hotel Giardino, in, Pesaro, Italy, as having a profound influence on his culinary philosophy. Here at his popular upscale restaurant on Italy’s Adriatic coast, Chef John learned the delicate art of making pastas, breads and pastries a mano, and gained a finer appreciation for the importance of freshness, quality and simplicity in Italian Cuisine. Chef John’s love of food is enhanced by his engaging personality and his love for people. Dine at Café Murano and discover a friendly welcoming atmosphere, an amazing meal and a longing to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Cafe Murano - Veranda Park - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Cafe Murano - Veranda Park reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Saturday lunchRobertDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed our meal and the Great Service. The restaurant was quiet, few people there at the time. Outside over looks a lake but it was too hot to set outside. We would go again next time we are in town and try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Smoking allowed on the patio while eating ruined the dining experience
- Fabulous experience all around!CookieDined on 5/15/2014First and foremost, the food was just delicious! We had the shrimp and scallop special with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, basil cream sauce and an egg noodle type of pasta. One of the tastiest dishes I've ever had. Just wonderful. Also, the service was perfect -- all personnel were friendly and helpful. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yuuum!eatingqueenDined on 5/7/2014From the decor to the food to the service, everything was top notch. You can get regular portions or "family style" where everyone shares. The osso bunco ravioli (i believe that's what its called) was AMAZING as well as the penne shiitake with pine nuts! Had a party of 7 and everyone went home full and satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return!MstarDined on 4/30/2014There were four of us during our first visit. All of us agreed we will come back! Food was very good along with prices. Good menu selection good ambiance. We have already recommended to several friends and co workers. The bottle of wine on Wed was great. That and other reviews influenced our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Friday NightJoeKVIPDined on 4/25/2014As usual, the food and service was excellent! This week we did a simple pizza dinner, designing our own special pizza. It turned out PERFECT! This restaurant is a great find, close to home and good parking. This place is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- already closedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Got the restaurant for our reservation but they were already closed. Maybe you guys should communicate concerning operating hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Cafe Murano - Veranda Park reviews archive.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantSwordDined on 4/20/2014We have been three times now. Cafe Murano has not disappointed us yet. The foods are tasty and plentiful. Desserts are handmade and delicious! From sandwiches to dinner plates, every plate has been well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!JoeKVIPDined on 4/18/2014We have a favorite table and server we request almost every Friday. I decided to try the Grouper special - OMG! I suggest you always listen to the specials and if it sounds remotely favorable - GET IT! The grouper was prepared in a lemon butter sauce with capers atop angel hair pasta - perfectly prepared. My wife had her favorite - veal, which is cut fresh daily! The food, service and ambience is what brings us back almost weekly. Try it - you'll be pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/11/2014This was the first time we had visited the restaurant since the ownership and name change. Food was good and service very attentive. The oil and bread served tasted funny but overall the experience was a good one and would return.Special Features:
- Overall great dining experienceDiana78VIPDined on 4/5/2014Cafe Murano is quickly becoming one of our regular spots. Its a great blend of delicious home-made Italian in a trendy, elegant setting. Great place to relax and enjoy time with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food made from scratchfancybobDined on 4/1/2014First off, the service was excellent. Everyone from the hostess to the waitress was super friendly. The food was absolutely delicious! Most of the pasta is made from scratch, and the recipes apparently come from the owner's mother. The dishes are reasonably priced for the quality, and they have an option of ordering "family-style", which still gave us leftovers after all was said and done. Additionally, they keep the free bread and oil coming as long as you want. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StylishfoodfreakDined on 3/27/2014My friends and I visited for the first time last night. The service was great with acknowledgement of our reservation upon arrival. I believe the manager sat us. He professionally explained the wine selection and introduced our server. She was attentive and spoke knowledgeably about the specials and suggested wines for my party. We encountered a problem which was quickly resolved and addressed by both the manager and our server. We were all impressed with the quality of service and recovery that far exceeded our expectations. While we were the last ones out, another staff member was kind enough to capture the moment with pictures at the entrance. I will be back and I can definitely refer others to Cafe Murano without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murano,s pleases on all levelsPeteDined on 3/26/2014Murano's (with a strong assist from waitress Angel) delivered a most pleasant evening. No problems were encountered and food & beverages were tasty and well served..Special Features:
- Dinner was ruined becauseMaureenVIPDined on 3/23/2014Dinner was ruined because they allow smoking on the patio. Thought there was a law against that.
- 40th bday lunch40bdaylunchDined on 3/18/2014I was extremely impressed with the service and how accommodating the staff was with my requests to move tables, serve the cake I brought and just overall. You made our co-worker's birthday a memorable occasion.Her name escapes me, but our waitress was wonderful. From helping to arrange the tables into a square at my request, to the exceptional service. Not only did she agree to serve the cake I brought in for our co-workers 40th birthday, she added special little touches like putting a '40th napkin' that I brought in on each cake plate she brought out. She didn't just box the cake back up for me, she washed my pedestal and cake server. Cafe Murano/Veranda Park, you have a real 'gem'. Our group will be back. Thank you.Special Features:
- Needs work but has potentialpickydinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014We went to Murano hoping it would be a neighborhood place we would frequent. Had seen it as Tavern on the Lake and had some good times there. Friendly staff and our waitperson was attentive. Ordered a nice bottle of wine. Person who served it needed some education in serving. Awkwardly opened bottle then poured two glasses very full. Oh well - could be easily corrected but needed management attention. Ordered stuffed mushrooms and calamari (sauted). Both needed salt and even then nothing notable. Not bad, just nothing special. With absolutely no real seafood entrees, we ordered the veal picatta. Not bad, but again, nothing special. Throughout meal, our waitperson was attentive. OK place and meal but we were hoping for more.
- Great restaurant in metro westOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2014Nice Italian restaurant with pleasant surrounding and good service the outdoor deck is very nice. There is plenty of close parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been several timesJETTDined on 2/22/2014We have been several times and the food has been excellent. The servicers have been very friendly and attentive. A great place to done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and ClassyDiana78VIPDined on 2/15/2014I was a regular at the Cafe Murano in the Altamonte location. The food and consistency always exceeded my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised to find the same food with exceptional service. The ambiance is as equally nice at Cafe Murano Veranda Park. The stonework inside creates a warm feel, accompanied by heart warming home made Italian. They are exceeding all expectations! It will soon become a regular spot for me and my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinnerbaa32835Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for a casual Valentine's Day dinner, it was myself, husband and 8 year old son. I loved this place when it first opened--the setting is very relaxing and the view is nice. This hasn't changed much, I enjoy that you can sit in or outside at a bar, or have dinner in either area. I can't say that the food was fantastic, I had the Chicken Casa Della which was good, my husband had the Chicken Marsala and we found the sauce to be more gravy-like and a little overwhelming. The service was good, they were nice to acknowledge my son and bring his meal out first, but our meals didn't arrive until he was finished. I will come back to test their happy hour--which looks pretty good! I hope to improve my rating after that!Special Features:
- Great eveningP8530Dined on 2/14/2014Our first time at Cafe Murano for dinner! We had a wonderful dinner. Great Bottle of wine and service was excellent! So happy to have a nice Place for great food in the neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperiencestlouisvisitorDined on 2/14/2014From start to finish, everything was just great. Our waitress was terrific, working hard to be sure that all dietary considerations could be managed (they were!) and helping the elderly in our group to find appropriate dining choices from amongst the vast number of dishes on the menu. We were never rushed, even though we were there on a busy Valentine's Day evening, and all the food, from appetizer forward, was absolutely delicious. Portions were reasonably sized and the pasta (made in house) as well as the meats and vegetables tasted light and fresh. The wine list was very nice, as well, with a good number of moderately priced options. We will make a return visit to Cafe Murano next time we are in Orlando -- maybe more than one!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. SecondsearchingfloridafoodDined on 1/25/2014Food was excellent. Second time here and both times food was excellent. Veal dishes great. Osso Bucco Ravioli fantastic. Stuffed Mushrooms appetizer a must. Skip bruschetta and clams oreganata appetizers. Waiter for second time was not good. Seemed "out of it". Had to chase him down all of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch at Murano'sChrisseyBabeDined on 1/10/2014Met with friends at Murano's for lunch. It was the first time for us and we will certainly go back! The food was superb and our server was very attentive. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on Lake DebranursenancyDined on 1/5/2014Really good Italian food. I understand this is their 2nd location. It is tucked away in MetroWest, a suburb of Orlando, off the main road, so many people will not even know it is there. It was a beautiful January Orlando evening, and even thought the rest of the country was experiencing the Polar Vortex, we sat outside on the veranda. All the food was very good--there were six of us, each ordered something different. Traditional pastas, lasagna, pizzas, salads, an extensive wine list and full bar. Reasonably priced, and excellent service. I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, good serviceajb219VIPDined on 12/30/2013Our server was very attentive, but I wasn't a huge fan of the food. We got a brushetta appetizer and it was too spicy for my liking. I had cappelini pomodoro for my meal, and the sauce wasn't very good. I won't be back.Special Features: