31952 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Neighborhood:
San Juan Capistrano
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafemozart.net/
- Phone: 9494960212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, German, Austrian
- Executive Chef: Hans Loschl
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:30-9:30
A word from Cafe Mozart
Located in historic downtown San Juan Capistrano, Cafe Mozart offers fine dining in a comfortable Old World setting. Our dinner menu features classic Continental cuisine with a variety of German specialties. Our lunch offerings include homemade soups, fresh salads, schnitzels & bratwurst. We have a full bar available, an extensive wine list and a great selection of German & Austrian beers. Enjoy an elegant dinner with live piano music on Friday & Saturday evenings, or a casual lunch in our outdoor courtyard.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Mozart reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Serene dining!LagunaDined on 9/28/2014My favorite retreat for quality food, excellent pastries, five star service, visiting with friends in a peaceful environment.Special Features:
- Avoid if they have a private partyFinefoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had made our reservation unaware that they also had a wedding complete with strobe lights, really loud DJ and a dance floor in the courtyard just outside the door. Servers and guests were constantly going in and out which had the music blasting inside, drowning our the regular piano player who already was struggling to be heard with the doors closed. Food was great - waiter gave us our second drink proactively as an apology which was nice, but definitely not the evening we were hoping for. Bottom line - for a facility this small, they need to pick and choose which venue they want to be and not accept individual tables when they have another large event going.
- Saile7BrenockDined on 9/27/2014Cafe Mozart has a charming romantic setting two out door seating areas one anchored by a water fountain. Four of us all enjoyed a relaxing weekend lunch. All the traditional German dishes were fabulous and nobody was able to resist the desert tray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StudioDined on 9/20/2014We visit Mozart Café for more than 12 years now. I have to say we have not once been disappointed with service or quality of the food. We really enjoyed our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abeautifulviewDined on 9/13/2014One of my all time favorites. The staff is always cordial and helpful, right on top of everything.Special Features:
- Best Capistrano DinnersTastefulDinerDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been to Cafe Mozart multiple times (usually special occasions), and we've always had a wonderful time there. Our recent evening was also very nice. The lighting is subdued and invites good conversation. I enjoyed my scallops and my wife's duck was excellent. I've also enjoyed their lamb and filet in the past. Several time we've met the owners (Hans and Carla). This time they also came out and as usual were warm and friendly. They surprised us with a truly melt in your mouth chocolate dessert that my wife and I shared. My wife and I feel Cafe Mozart is the best restaurant in the Capistrano area and in the top 5 for Orange county. By the way we've used OpenTable many times and find it great for arranging reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising Good!RandyJVIPDined on 9/5/2014The reviews we read were all over the place so we did not know what to expect. Food is very good German American style. Service is also very good despite being young, and the place itself was very comfortable and inviting. For starters we split the Bavarian Bread Dumpling, entrees – Beef Wellington & Duck Breast W/cherry sauce – no desert. All were very good but old world heavy so no need for desert. We enjoyed the old style cooking and service. Not for the crowd that prefers the Cold Beer and Fish type of restaurant. Will return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two decades of excellenceEduardoDined on 8/30/2014To be honest, I'd sort of forgotten about Café Mozart...we live in Carlsbad, but as my wife and I looked at places in SJC for dinner, I saw it in the list and remembered how good the food was and the peaceful ambiance hidden away from the street. We were not disappointed. This is a place for relaxed dining with classic dishes. Not trendy, yet better for its quality. I was a little concerned it wasn't busier on a Saturday evening, but perhaps because it was a three-day weekend. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- DisappointedBeachboyDined on 7/26/2014We had friends in from out of town and remembering previous dining experiences here we felt this would be a great choice for lunch. We arrived at our reserved time of 1 PM and were dismayed to find the place practically empty. We sat at an outside table and noticed there was no one in the main dining room at all and saw only one other couple at an outside table. That made our guests a bit skeptical. The meal was good, as was the service so no complaints there. Perhaps some good advertising would bring in more trade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulNaranjaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our evening. The service was great, the ambience was wonderful with the piano in the background. The food was good, however I think I would try something different. I had the Wiener Schnitzel hoping for something close to my Mother's delicious veal dish. It didn't happen although the veal was good, it had too much breading. The spatzle and red cabbage were very good. We upgraded our salads and while they were good, they were a bit small. I will go back and try something different because my husbands salmon was excellent and I can see the possibilities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food, service and live piano all excellent. All 6 in our group ate everything on their plate. No doggie bags this visit. Home made dessert pasteries were the best.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, drinks and service!rmanakaVIPDined on 7/12/2014We visited with a party of 5 so it was easy to order all 5 of their appetizers...not one of them disappointed! The house salad as well as the endive salad and the french soup were outstanding. The Wiener Schnitzel was authentic, delicious and both tender and crispy. Australian Lamb Rack Provençal (huge portion) was moist and tasty as was the Beef Wellington which was well worth the wait. We also enjoyed the Pan-Seared Crispy Duck Breast; tasty and well prepared. Even though the restaurant was hosting a wedding party of 150 in the outside court, our table was quiet and we were able to enjoy the pianist providing classical background music. Service was outstanding. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Cafe Mozart reviews archive.
- Recharge yourself and your TeslaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Cafe Mozart is directly across the street from the San Juan Capistrano Tesla recharging station. If you make a reservation you can dine in style while you wait. Fresh food, great menu, friendly service and above average wine list. Beats the fast food choices by a mile.Special Features:
- Father's Day Lunch2yummyDined on 6/15/2014We took our 93 year-old Father here for lunch. Atmosphere was perfect. He has a hard time hearing with a lot of noise and it was fairly quiet at 12:00. It got a little noisier soon as families started arriving but it was still fine since there is a lot of room between tables. We had 2vegetarians in our group, one being vegan. Only one choice for us - the veggie-grilled sandwich. It was delicious but wish we had more choices. My only complaint, and it's a little one, is that my father ordered French Onion Soup and French Toast (delicious by the way) and they arrived together. It would have been nice to have the soup first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Daywally2Dined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation for 1:30 and didn't get served until almost 3:00. Very slow bring out our main course and then it could have been warmer. The food tasted great as usual. Just disappointed in the service. We had are 4 year old grandson with us and the wait was really difficult. Maybe it was slow because we chose the patio rather than the dinning room.Special Features:
- Cafe MozartLeRoyDined on 4/29/2014This has always been one of our favorite places for dinner. We have taken first timers there on many occasions and they have ALL loved it. The food is great, the service is fantastic, the prices are reasonable, the ambience is just right. Would highly recommend trying this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over cookedpaolozjmDined on 4/26/2014Rack of lamb and beef Wellington were both medium well but ordered medium rare. Quite a long wait for the entre after eating appetizer and salad.
- AMMMAZINGVictorDined on 3/28/2014All I can say is that we will be coming back to Cafe Mozart soon, and often! The food is absolutely exquisite! Also, we dined on Friday night and had a beautiful piano performance as well. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.